King Authur

~The Missionary Guy~

I saw a ad on TV (Australian TV) and they were advertising King Authur on dvd, and they have a directors cut...which is MA 15+ which is a higher rating then M which mean there is more violence or language or something, im just wondering if anyone has seen the directors cut what is the difference??

According to Empire magazine it's been raised to a 15 - it's how the director originally wanted it, he was gutted when it was cut.

There's more blood, more action in battle scenes, more gritty-ness and has 18 more minutes or so. Blood that was removed has been readded.

Empire gave it an extra star or two so instead of being 2/5 for the 'cut' version it's now either 3 or 4 out of 5 for the directors version.

I want to watch this version as I was gutted with the review for the last one and didn't watch it.

Yes, Antoine Fuqua originally designed the movie to be a gritty realistic Fall movie but Disney decided half-way through that they wanted it to be a summer movie rated PG-13. So he had to cut a bunch of shit out and it was rushed like crazy. I would really like to see the movie as it was meant to be seen.