Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs

ROC

But that isn't a good point. Strawberry Fields was a John Lennon song and it was a better song than Hey Jude. This is a "500 GREATEST Songs" list, and therefore the best Beatles songs should be higher up than the ones that weren't as good.

I know it's not a good point. It was sarcasm. That's why I said pigs fly. Because they don't. Like Hey Jude being the only Beatles song Paul plays. Because it's not.

But I stick to the bit about Hey Jude revolutionizing radio.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Hey Jude is just massive in general. You only need to look at this years Glasto for that. Or more obscurely, Leeds 2002. Stood in the rain at the main stage, along with a five figure crowd waiting for the Strokes to headline. Eleven o'clock comes and the band aren't on. But a familiar tune rings out and something thousand people are singing along to a recording of the damn thing. Thats why its up there.

But that isn't a good point. Strawberry Fields was a John Lennon song and it was a better song than Hey Jude. This is a "500 GREATEST Songs" list, and therefore the best Beatles songs should be higher up than the ones that weren't as good.

I know it's not a good point. It was sarcasm. That's why I said pigs fly. Because they don't. Like Hey Jude being the only Beatles song Paul plays. Because it's not.

But I stick to the bit about Hey Jude revolutionizing radio.

Only 75 songs on the list were made out after 1980. Out of 500, just 75.

- My roomate loves classic rock, he'd love most of this list.

- "Lose Yourself" by Eminem sucks. And "Love Shack" is the 2nd worst song ever, right up there with "I Love Rock n' Roll".

My top 10, no order....

248 Rappers Delight - The Sugarhill Gang 1979

237 Planet Rock - Afrika Bambaataa 1982

51 The Message - Grandmaster Flash 1982

84 Every Breath You Take - The Police 1983

476 I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner 1984

131 With or Without You - U2 1987

93 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2 1987

399 Enter Sandman - Metallica 1991

419 Nuthin' But a 'G' Thang - Dr. Dre 1993

346 California Love - Tupac Shakur 1996