Blink 182.

Summers

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blink 182 has always been one of my guilty pleasures (I'm kinda surprised PunkRockPete liked them... I thought he was going to bash them completely) but to say they are of the best groups ever, or even the best Punk group ever it's an exaggeration.

I own about 4 of Blink 182, and while I liked some songs... most of the reason was that I liked them when I was about 13-14, when saying "poo" is cool and funny. I stopped hearing them when I turned 15 because, quite frankly I got bored.

Then, on 2003 Christmas, a friend of mine gave me the Blink 182 self-titles album (The newest one) and I was surprised on how much they grew up, and some songs totally own all of their old songs together (I used to love "I miss you" but it turned mainstream, and as soon as every fucking kid was singing the lyric... it kinda killed the passion). The song "All of this" with Roberth Smith is the BEST.BLINK182.SONG.EVER and has a great feel to it.

Blink182 are ok, but 3 years after the group breaks apart, they are going to be forgotten.

So Summers, how long was the set they played? And did they bust out Carousel? (Favourite Blink song).

I was hoping the Kinisins (Is that right?) would surprise me and be good but that obviously isn't going to be the case. Could be worse though, we could have gotten Death Cab for Cutie.

I found out in college that Death Cab weren't there, got so happy. Then, some people around me said they liked them. So I argued with them about how shite they were,

Kinisin or something, yeah. Fucking sucked.

The set was, I think:

01-feeling this

02-easy taget

03-whats my age again

04-violence (excerpt)

05-happy holidays you bastard

06-rock show

07-obvious

08-i miss you

09-asthenia

10-dysentary gary

11-all of this

12-first date

13-go

14-stay together for the kids

15-medley

16-reckless abandon

17-all the small things

18-down and encore

19-stockholm syndrome

20-dammit

01-feeling this

02-easy taget

03-whats my age again

04-violence (excerpt)

05-happy holidays you bastard

06-rock show

07-obvious

08-i miss you

09-asthenia

10-dysentary gary

11-all of this

12-first date

13-go

14-stay together for the kids

15-medley

16-reckless abandon

17-all the small things

18-down and encore

19-stockholm syndrome

20-dammit

Damn, if i was there I would've wanted them to play some older stuff, the things in bold are what i'd like to hear live, although I like it all.

Who's voice substituted in All Of This?

They are a band emulating what blink-182- really and truly is. Dude Ranch and their latest records are their best.

How can the actual band be emulating what it "really and truly is." Everything they do is them being what they really and truly are, they're the same frigging band. Did you mean to say their style has changed since Dude ranch or something, because that would have made more sense.

Enema Of The State and Take Off Your Pants and Jacket seemed like they knew they had made it in the business so they decided to fly on easy street. There are at best two stand out tracks on each of the records. Dude Ranch has so many great so many good tunes on it, and so does their self-titled. I mean, I even thought their self-titled was going to suck when they released the worst song on the CD for their first single... Action [or Feeling This] was such a god-awful song. But I Miss You made me want to purchase the record.

Edited by PunkRockPete

I mean, I even thought their self-titled was going to suck when they released the worst song on the CD for their first single... Action [or Feeling This] was such a god-awful song. But I Miss You made me want to purchase the record.

Same here. I thought the record was gonna suck the big one but when I heard I Miss You, I did a 180 on it and I got my hands on a copy.

WOW. That's all I can say. Blink were okay, nothing stunning. THey pretty much played the same set at Newcastle, but with Mutt in for Go (I think) it might have been All of This though, i'd never heard either of them before so I don't know what was taken out. Favourite Blink song would be Violence or The Medley (Which had Dumpweed, M&M's, Man Overboard and Reckless Abandon in it). No Carousel made me a sad panda but that was okay. They were okay, nothing amazing though about 60/10 or 7/10. The Kinnisons or however it's spelt, bwahahahahaha. Summers said they sucked, but he never said how much of a raging homosexual the lead singer was. Got booed from the end of the first songs, lots of chants of "Rent" and "Fuck off you faggot". People sticking their fingers up etc. Shit started getting thrown at them, glowsticks, bottles etc. A CD just missed the lead singer's face, a bottle hit one of the guitar players (The one with the massive hair). They stayed on though. The lead singer minced about stage asking what sticking up two fingers meant, to which he got "It means we don't like you, fuck off". They played on though, wit their mix of girly screaming from the lead singer. They weren't good by any means but without that singer and all the songs that sounded the same, the rest of the band could make it (The drummer was probably the best of the lot). SugarCult were the bomb. I know they're coming back up with Greenday, but how popular they were last night I wouldn't be surprised to see them coming back as the headliners some time next year. Awesome, just awesome. By the time they'd finished I was soaked through. No massive Moshes etc. But I wasn't expecting any at Blink. A couple of skank pits though. Me and a mate wanted to get a death circle going but there was too many people to do it, and not enough room. Sugurcult were awesome, about 8/10 would be 9 if they had a longer set. Also, for those who were there i've met that Steve kid who got took up on stage. He did play for a local band called Killing Lucy, haven't seen much of them for a while though.[/random info]

Good night ut, not a great concert by any means, but some Blink songs and the whole Sugurcult set made it worth it. Also throwing stuff at The Kinnisons, a good night out,

Reading back through the thread, about Tom. He was pretty poor at Newcastle. He did very little interraction with the crowd, whereas Mark did. He did do some. Again, like what Summers said, he was quiet at Newcastle (Like at Birmingham). Did pull out some awesome lines and stuff though. At the end of the day, Sugarcult were the real daddies :shifty:

How I long for the days of blink-182 with Scott Raynor. They had such a great sound and lyrics back then. They were still good with Enema of the State and even Take Off Your Pants and Jacket but after that, I haven't liked their Boxcar 182 songs.

I actually liked them playing stuff faster. It made I Miss You bearable, and Stay Together for the Kids worked pretty good. They were the only "slow" pretty much they had on the set. Also fast songs are better live, as it means you can get into it more. The best example of this was First Date I think. It was amazing on the night even though I despise the song. Even though they were on for like an hour and a half (Got out at 11 and they came on about half 9) the performance seemed very rushed. Not with the songs being faster, it just seemed to move really quickly, whereas Sugarcult and the Kinnisons seemed to flow through, Blink seemed to jerk about and would stop and start, if you get what I mean (Probably not but I don't care). They were good though (I am just pointing out the negatives). I was loving Travis's little samba rhythm at the beginning of Dammit, then he stopped, grrrrrr. Anyways, I guess i'll stop posting in this thread now :shifty: