Hybrid Championship Wrestling

In late 2004 the WWE began to cut a large amount of workers. Most of the cuts werent surprising such as Test, Gail Kim and even the talented Jamie Noble. The WWE just wasnt using these people and allowed them to freelance across America. But the most shocking cut made by the WWE was the release of Paul Heyman, the man behind one of the most influencial promotions ever in wrestling, ECW.

With the release of Heyman many of the ECW loyalists within the WWE were outraged and voiced their displeasure to Vince McMahon, including Steven Richards and Tommy Dreamer. Richards was fired for his comments, while Tommy Dreamer remained with the company dispite being very unhappy with how things were going.

Heyman stayed under the radar for a short while before speaking with Steven Richards. The idea to recreate ECW was sparked between the two, but they each knew that the ECW style would not sell as it once did. They would need fresh faces to go along with the old ones that were made famous at the ECW Arena.

Heyman and Richards made some calls and managed to secure an arena and some workers for a show in the beginning of the new year.

January 2005 will see the beginning of a new era. The Hardcore Era is over, it is now time for the Hybrid Era.

----------------

This diary will be more of an indy style diary once I get further into it. At the moment it will be based more on the old school ECW side of things to show how the promotion is starting.

Card for HCW "Wrestling Redefined".  1/15/05 from Viking Hall in Philadelphia, PA.

- Main Event: Raven and Stevie Richards vs. The Sandman and ??

- Old School vs. New School: Jerry Lynn vs. Jamie Noble

- CM Punk vs. Roderick Strong

- Canadian Showcase: Kevin Steen vs. El Generico

- Chris Hero vs. Izzy

- All this and more with Paul Heyman and Sabu on January 15th from the Viking Hall.

Guest JayLethal

Card for HCW "Wrestling Redefined".  1/15/05 from Viking Hall in Philadelphia, PA.

- Chris Hero vs. Izzy

- All this and more with Paul Heyman and Sabu on January 15th from the Viking Hall.

If this is anywhere near as good as 'American Hybrid Wrestling', its going to be a very good read (I actually though of that when I read the title - before I knew the writer). Like the look of the first card too, I can definetly see a part of 'old school ECW' with a new indy style wrestling too.

Card for HCW "Wrestling Redefined". 1/15/05 from Viking Hall in Philadelphia, PA.

- Chris Hero vs. Izzy

As timmaay said, this looks good and if it's like AHW or any of your other diaries, then it'll be good.

Card for HCW "Wrestling Redefined". 1/15/05 from Viking Hall in Philadelphia, PA.

- Chris Hero vs. Izzy

Edited by CM Punk

A mystery debut? You know he has to win then!

Winners: The Sandman & Mystery dude

These two can go, and Jerry is one of Heyman's "boys".

Winner: Jerry Lynn

Should be good. I see Punk getting the win. He's the kidn of guy Heyman would push.

Winner: CM Punk

This should be a good one, and I will pick El Generico to get the upset.

Winner: El Generico

- Chris Hero vs. Izzy

I like Izzy more, so he gets the W.

Winner: Izzy

I have never eead any of your stuff (As far as I remember) so good luck.

Main Event: Raven and Stevie Richards vs. The Sandman and ??

Old School vs. New School: Jerry Lynn vs. Jamie Noble

CM Punk vs. Roderick Strong

Canadian Showcase: Kevin Steen vs. El Generico

Chris Hero vs. Izzy

All this and more with Paul Heyman and Sabu on January 15th from the Viking Hall.

Those are my picks

Edited by EWFan2004

- Chris Hero vs. Izzy

HCW “Wrestling Redefined”

Team Hero promo

The show kicked off with Chris Hero making his way out from the curtain and making his way into the ring. Behind Hero was Lacey and Hero’s trainees the Wildcards. Hero played to the crowd as the Wildcards looked like they meant business and went straight into the ring. Lacey handed Chris Hero a microphone once they got into the ring.

Hero: “Hello everybody, I would like to be the first to welcome you sick Philadelphia slobs to Hybrid Championship Wrestling, the new home of Chris Hero and a group that I have put together that will be known as Team Hero. I would like to introduce to you, cravaters in training, Jack Marciano and Eddie Kingston.”

Kingston and Marciano raise their arms into the air towards the crowd to get a small boo from the crowd.

“Next, I would like to introduce to you the manager of the cravate, the lovely Lacey.”

Lacey plays to the crowd and gets a mixed reaction from them.

“Finally, I would like to introduce myself, the master of the deadly cravate, your hero, everybody’s hero, CHRIS HERO! Tonight I will introduce you Philadelphia slobs to one of the best moves ever used in professional wrestling history. The move that has put almost one thousand people in the hospital with serious neck injuries, the cravate. For years I was wrestling in small towns looking for a deadly move to get people out of my way and bring me up to the next level, then I dreamt up the cravate. I will torque anyone’s neck more than anyone here could imagine. Right now, I will show off the cravate as I dominate Izzy.”

Hero drops the microphone and stretches in the ring for a moment his “team” set chairs up for themselves in the entrance.

Chris Hero vs. Izzy

Hero and Izzy lock up in a test of strength to start off the match. They go chest to chest with each other and Izzy gains the advantage with a headlock. Hero pushes Izzy away and sends him running into the ropes. Izzy returned the ropes and slid between Hero’s legs before going onto the ring apron and knocks Hero to the ground with a springboard clothesline. Pin by Izzy, one, two, no! Hero kicked out. Izzy picked Hero up from the mat and lead him over to the corner of the ring with a couple of forearms. He went for a back flip drop kick, but Hero blocked it and lifted Izzy up so that Izzy landed on his feet. Hero then ran hard at Izzy and locked him in the CRAVATE! Team Hero all got up to their feet and began to applaud Hero for the move before Izzy hit some back elbows on Hero to cause him to release the hold. Izzy then ran off the ropes and took Hero down with a sunset flip, one, two, no! Hero powered out of it. Izzy picked Hero up from the mat again and began to hit him with some more forearms, but Hero countered with his own forearms. Izzy managed to block one and knocked Hero to the ground with a spin kick. He climbs up to the top rope but before he could do anything Lacey distracted the referee and Jack Marciano knocked Izzy down from the top rope before taking him to the outside of the ring. Kingston was ready on the outside of the ring with a steel chair and he gave Izzy a big shot to the back before handing the chair to Marciano, who held it in front of Izzy’s face as Kingston gave Izzy a nasty chair-assisted head butt which knocked Izzy out cold. Marciano slid Izzy into the ring and Chris Hero soon picked him up from the mat and locked him into a cravate. With Hero twisting away at a knocked out Izzy’s neck the referee raised Izzy’s arm into the air once and it fell back down. It fell again on the second time. And on the third time the referee raised Izzy’s arm into the air it dropped once again. The referee rang for the bell and Chris Hero is victorious.

Winner: Chris Hero

63, 45, 81

Canadian Showcase: El Generico vs. Kevin Steen

These two are familiar with each other from their work in Canada’s Internet Wrestling Syndicate. They locked up to start the match off and Steen immediately gained an advantage by applying an arm wringer on Generico. Steen then whipped Generico around and yanked him to the mat by his arm. He kept Generico grounded and stomped on his shoulder a few times before locking him into an arm bar. Generico finally managed to roll free from the hold and get up to his feet. From there he ran off the ropes and took Steen out of the ring through the ropes with a dropkick. Somersault senton suicida by Generico! He rolls Steen into the ring and makes a cover, one, two, no! Steen kicked out. Generico picks Steen up from the mat and sent him into the ropes, when Steen returned he ducked underneath a leapfrog and then came back off the ropes to nail Generico in the back of the head with a lariat. He picked Generico up from the mat and went after his shoulder again. In the corner of the ring Steen wrapped Generico’s arm around the top rope and began to twist away at it. Every time the referee would get near the five count Steen would release the hold for a few seconds and then go right back to twisting away at Generico’s arm. Steen eventually changed his strategy and began to pummel Generico with some forearm shots. Generico tried to counter with a lariat, but Steen dodged it and wrapped his arms up for a dragon suplex, he makes the bridge, one, two, no! Generico kicked out! Steen picked him up from the mat and sent him into the ropes. Once Generico returned from the ropes he knocked Steen down to the mat face first with a tornado DDT. He slowly got up to his feet and ran the ropes before knocking Steen into the corner of the ring with a running forearm. In the corner Generico picked Steen up, BRAINBUSTER! Generico makes the cover, one, two, no! Steen kicked out. Looking to put Steen out of the match for good, Generico climbed up to the top turnbuckle and went for a 450 splash, but Steen rolled out of the way and Generico went face first into the mat. Steen picked Generico up from the mat and sent him into the ropes, when Generico came back he slid between Steen’s legs and went for a springboard moonsault, but Steen caught him, PACKAGE PILEDRIVER! Steen makes the cover on Generico, one, two, three. It’s over, Kevin Steen is victorious in this showcase of two great Canadian stars.

Winner: Kevin Steen

55, 33, 78

CM Punk vs. Roderick Strong

The match started with Punk and Strong grappling up. Strong gained the advantage by applying a waist lock on Punk, but Punk took him down to the mat with a headlock takeover. On the mat, Punk held onto the headlock, but Strong managed to power up to his feet and shoved Punk into the ropes. Once Punk returned he ducked under a lariat and ran the ropes again before knocking Strong down to the mat with a running leg lariat. Punk quickly began to work Strong’s neck with a front face lock. Once again Strong escaped a the hold and sent CM Punk into the ropes. Punk ran right into a nasty boot to the face from Strong. Roderick then picked Punk up from the mat and brought him to the corner of the ring where he opened up on Punk with a series of nasty knife edge chops. Punk’s chest began to bleed due to the chops. Strong went for a vertical suplex on Punk, but Punk rolled off from behind him and shoved Strong into the corner of the ring face first. Punk tried for a lariat to the back of Strong’s head, but Roderick had the move scouted perfectly and ducked, causing Punk to go right into the corner of the ring. In the corner, Roderick nailed Punk with a sidewalk slam modified into a backbreaker before going for a cover, one, two, no! Punk kicked out! Roderick seemed outraged that the referee didn’t count that as a three. He threatened the ref, but Punk turned Roderick around and took him down to the mat with a northern lights suplex. Punk bridged for a pin, one, two, no! Roderick kicked out. Punk caught his breath and waited for Strong to get up before hitting him in the face with his shining wizard variation. Roderick rolled out of the ring to avoid Punk, but he was followed and Punk went right after him on the outside of the ring. He slammed Strong into the barricade face first before telling a fan to hold up his chair. Punk slammed Strong’s face into the front of the chair and yelled, “I’M HARDCORE!” Punk then brought Strong over to a table and slammed his face onto it before laying Strong across a table. Punk then climbed onto the ring apron and starting running towards the table, but Strong rolled off of it before Punk even got off his feet. Punk noticed this and slowed down, only to dive from the apron to take Strong down to the ground with a diving spear. Punk rolled Strong into the ring and went for a cover, one, two, no! Punk picked Strong up from the mat and gave him a nasty knife edge chop, only to have Strong return the favor with a chop of his own and quickly following up with a forearm. Punk came back with a forearm of his own and then ran off the ropes and went for a clothesline, but Strong ducked underneath it. Punk then went for a running huracanrana, but Strong countered it with a powerbomb into a backbreaker! The crowd began to give Punk and Strong loud ovations for their great exchanges in this match, and they were all on their feet as Strong made a cover on Punk, one, two, no! Punk kicked out! Roderick slowly got up to his feet and tried to figure out what it would take to put Punk out of the match as he picked Punk up. Strong went with a few forearms before sending Punk into the ropes, YAKUZA KICK! Strong falls on top of Punk for another pin, one, two, no! Punk kicked out again. Roderick then called to end the match as he signaled the throat cut before lifting Punk up into the crucifix position. Punk countered Strong’s CX 03 with a nasty DDT. Slowly, Punk climbed up to his feet and brought Strong over to the corner of the ring. Punk went up to the top turnbuckle and picked Strong up with him, PEPSI PLUNGE BY PUNK! He makes the cover, one, two no! A hooded figure came out from the crowd and pulled Punk off from Strong. As the referee was distracted by the first hooded figure, a second much smaller one came from the crowd and knocked Punk to the ground with a super kick before climbing up to the top rope and hitting him with a vicious 630 splash! The two hooded figures ran away as Roderick Strong picked CM Punk up from the mat and hit him with the CX 03! Strong makes the cover, one, two, three! Roderick Strong is victorious with the help of the two hooded figures.

Winner: Roderick Strong

77, 55, 100

After the match, Roderick Strong grabbed a microphone from the ring announcer.

Strong: “Guys, get back here, I’ve got something to say.”

The two hooded figures come towards the ring as Roderick continues to address them.

“Lately, people have been talking about how guys like us are the next generation of wrestling. That is total bullshit. We are the best workers around NOW!”

The hooded figures remove their hoods to reveal that they are Jack Evans and Austin Aries.

“We are sick of being called the next generation of wrestling superstars. We are three of the best workers now, not three of the next best workers. Jack, Austin and I came here to HCW to prove this. HCW be ready, because we’ve got three words for you, WE’RE TAKIN’ OVER!”

The crowd erupted in boo’s as Strong said the bWo’s catchphrase. Strong, Aries and Evans played to the crowd to more boo’s before going backstage.

Jamie Noble vs. Jerry Lynn

Lynn put his arm up for a test of strength to start off the match. Noble locked his hands together with Lynn and bridged Lynn towards the ground. Jerry powered his way up to an even level before bridging Noble down to the mat, he even got a one count by getting Noble’s shoulders down to the mat, but Jamie kicked Lynn’s shoulder and quickly got up to his feet. Arm wringer by Noble, but Lynn counters out of it and gets Noble into a hammerlock. Lynn ducks under a back elbow from Noble, but Noble spun around and took Lynn right to the mat with a single leg takedown. He went around Lynn and applied an Orton-esque rear chin lock. Lynn powered his way up to his feet before driving some back elbows into Noble’s gut. He then ran the ropes and took Noble to the mat with a dropkick. On the mat Lynn stomped Noble a few times before running the ropes and hitting him with a senton. Lynn makes the cover, one, two, no! Lynn picked Noble up to his feet and sent him into the ropes. Once Noble returned he slid under Lynn’s legs and took his legs out from under him so that Lynn fell on his face. Side headlock by Noble on the mat. Lynn powered up to his feet and tried to back drop Noble to the ground, but Noble flipped and landed on his feet before taking Lynn down to the mat with a nasty enziguri. Noble makes a cover, one, two, no! Lynn kicked out. Noble picked Lynn up to his feet and whipped him into the corner of the ring, but Lynn flipped over in the corner of the ring and took Noble down to the mat with a sunset flip. One, two, no! Noble kicked out of it. Both men slowly got up to their feet and had a standoff in the middle of the ring. Noble took a forearm shot at Lynn, and Lynn came back with a forearm of his own. Noble then came back with a series of nasty forearms and kicks to Lynn before quickly climbing the ropes and dropping Lynn to the mat with a missile dropkick. Pin by Noble, one, two, no! Noble picked Lynn back up to his feet again and lead Lynn to the corner of the ring where he lifted Lynn up to the top turnbuckle. Noble called for a super ‘rana, but Lynn reversed it into a Superbomb. Lynn makes a cover on Noble, one, two, no! Noble kicked out! Lynn picked Noble up to his feet before dropping him back down to the mat with a scoop slam. He then climbed up to the top turnbuckle. Flying leg drop by Lynn, that could do it! One, two, no! Noble kicked out. Lynn picked him up from the mat again. He kicked Noble’s knee cap which took him down to one foot before running the ropes and going for a dropkick, but Noble blocked it and slowly got up to his feet. Noble picked Lynn up to his feet and called to end the match, but Lynn shoved Noble away into the ropes. Lynn charged at Noble, but was flipped over onto the ring apron. Noble went for a head butt to Lynn’s gut, but Lynn was ready for it and took Noble down with a guillotine leg drop. Slingshot senton by Lynn, he makes the cover, one, two, no! Noble kicked out. Lynn picked Noble up from the mat yet again and tried to whip him into the ropes, but Noble reversed it and took Lynn to the mat with a short arm clothesline before picking him up. Tiger Driver by Jamie Noble, one, two, no! Jerry Lynn managed to get his foot on the bottom rope! Noble began to pick up Lynn, but as he did the bell rang, as the time limit had expired at twenty minutes. As the fans chanted for “Five More Minutes” Paul Heyman made his way to the ring for the first time.

Winner: DRAW

80, 63, 97

Heyman: “Wait for a second everybody. You wont get five more minutes, but next month I will give you something even better than five more minutes. Next month here at the Viking Hall, Jamie Noble and Jerry Lynn will do battle again, but this time with tag team partners of their choosing. But that’s not all you will get to see next month as it will be the in ring debut of SABU here in HCW.”

A Heyman chant comes across the building as Jamie Noble and Jerry Lynn shake hands in the ring. Heyman shook hands with some of the fans near the entrance way before going backstage.

The Sandman and ? vs. Raven and Steven Richards

Before the match the Sandman came to the ring without a partner. He entered through the crowd to a large ovation. He waited for almost a minute before just starting the match without his partner. He started the match off against Steven Richards. Sandman dominated Stevie early in the match with his brawling skill. He started taking it to Richards with some brutal lefts and rights before whipping Stevie into the ropes. Clothesline by Sandman. Sandman took a few stomps at Stevie before grabbing his Singapore cane from the ring apron and took a huge swing at Richards’ back. Stevie yelled out and crawled towards Raven, but he couldn’t get a tag in as Sandman pulled him back in the center of the ring. Another huge swing with the cane goes right into Richards’ ribs and the crowd really began to get behind the Sandman. He picked Stevie up from the mat and dumped him over the top rope with a hip toss. Sandman soon followed Stevie out before coming across the top of Stevie’s head with another Singapore cane shot. Sandman’s run on the offensive was quickly ended as Raven came to the outside and knocked Sandman to the ground with a clothesline to the back of his head before grabbing the cane from his hands and smacking Sandman across the head with it. Raven then posed on the ring apron until Justin Credible came out from the entrance yielding a Singapore cane in his hand. He rushed towards the ring and took out Raven with a nasty cane shot followed by delivering a nasty shot to Stevie. The crowd popped as Justin Credible posed with his cane in the air. He then helped Sandman up to his feet and they stared down Raven and Stevie on the outside of the ring. Sandman made his way to the outside of the ring, only to take a nasty Singapore cane shot from his own partner, Justin Credible. He began to beat the hell out of the Sandman with his Singapore cane on the ring apron until Raven and Stevie got up to their feet and went into the ring. Raven picked up the Sandman as Justin Credible and Stevie Richards hit him with a double superkick right to the jaw. Raven then picked Sandman up before dropping him face first to the mat with the Evenflow. Raven makes the cover, one, two, three. It’s over, The Sandman has lost due to his partner turning on him.

Winners: Raven and Steven Richards

76, 73, 80

After the match, Raven, Stevie and Credible looked as if they were about to beat the Sandman down even more, but suddenly the lights turned off. When they turned on SABU was on the entrance way holding a steel chair. He charged into the ring, and the three all ran away from him out into the crowd. The show ended with Sabu standing in the middle of the ring pointing up into the sky before helping the Sandman up to his feet.

71 OVR

2094 Attendance

Good show. Hero had a nice promo, and the Canadian Showcase was cool. Obviously Lynn vs. Noble killed, but the main event was a nice end. Especially insce it seems like a Heyman move, including all of those ECW guys. The Evans/Aeries/Strong thing was cool, especially the bWo rip off. Very good move for Philly.

i dont get it...Strong, Aries, and Evans, why was the attack on Punk...and on the first show of the company they are taking over?? Who's in control to begin with? who was calling them the next coming in wrestling so to speak? That happened for no reason in my mind....

I guess you're right Mx. I wanted to establish them as a young heel group of solid workers, but I think I might have done this too early. Thanks for pointing that out, I will try to improve them as time goes on.

I will try to get a preview for the next show up this weekend, it depends if I ever get around to it.

Card for HCW High Impact.  2/12/05 From the Viking Hall in Philadelphia, PA.

- Main Event, Grudge Match: Justin Credible vs. The Sandman

After Credible turned on Sandman last month, leading to a three on one assault, the Sandman has been asking for a match against Credible.  He has recieved it and is looking to dish out some payback.

- Dream Partners Tag Match: Jamie Noble and ? vs. Jerry Lynn and ?

Last month Noble and Lynn went to a twenty minute draw in a great encounter.  This month they have been told that they can bring in anyone to be their tag team partners.  This match could be another classic like last month.

- Grudge Match: CM Punk vs. Jack Evans

CM Punk and Roderick Strong battled in a great match last month which ended in Jack Evans and Austin Aries interfering on behalf of Roderick Strong.  CM Punk has requested a match against one of the two, and Jack Evans stepped up to fight him.  Will Evans, Strong and Aries truely be taking over?  Or will CM Punk stop them before they can get going?

- Hardcore Tag Match: Tony DeVito and HC Loc (The Carnage Crew) vs. Gary Wolfe and Mike Kruel (The New Pitbulls)

A former member of the Pitbulls has reinvented the team with a new partner, "The Shooter" Mike Kruel, and they will take on two hard hitting, hardcore wrestlers in Loc and DeVito.  This match is sure to be a violent encounter.

- Plus more with Team Hero, Raven, Stevie Richards, Paul Heyman, Roderick Strong and Austin Aries.

Edited by Greg The Smooth

• 2 weeks later...

HCW Presents: High Impact

- 2/12/05 from the Viking Hall in Philadelphia, PA.

As the show starts we are taken to a scene backstage where Chris Hero is walking with the rest of Team Hero as he bumps into a man standing by a table. The man turns around and is soon revealed to be one of CM Punk’s students, Davey Andrews.

Andrews: In a sarcastic tone.“Oh man, Chris Hero. I am a big fan of yours. The cravate is just such a great move.”

Hero seemed to be upset with Andrews’ comments and punched him in the face. He told the Wildcards to bring him to the ring as Hero trashed talked in Andrews’s face the entire way there.

Hero: “It’s clear that Punk didn’t teach you anything about respect. Davey its time for a cravate challenge match.”

Chris Hero vs. Davey Andrews

Once the Wildcards dragged Davey into the ring, Hero yelled at the referee and told him to call for the bell. He picked Andrews up from the mat and brought him to the corner of the ring where he delivered some nasty knife edge chops before applying the cravate. Andrews managed to hit Hero in the gut with some back elbows to get free of the hold before running the ropes and taking Hero down with a running forearm. Andrews makes the cover, one, two, no! Hero kicked out of it. Andrews picked Hero up from the mat and tried to take more of an advantage, but Hero counted an attempted snap mare with a sidewalk slam. Hero then picked Andrews up from the mat and tossed him over the top rope and onto the hard cement floor. Andrews was knocked out cold as he landed head first on the floor. The Wildcards rolled Andrews back into the ring and allowed for Chris Hero to apply the cravate on Andrews. The referee lifted Andrews’ arm into the air once, but nothing happened as he was still knocked cold. He lifted Andrews’ arm a second time and it fell once again. It fell on the third and final try and the referee called for the bell, Chris Hero was victorious once again with the cravate.

Winner: Chris Hero

46, 30, 62

Hardcore Match: The Carnage Crew vs. The New Pitbulls

DeVito started the match off against Kruel. They had a short stand off before Kruel took a shot at DeVito. He then whipped DeVito into the ropes before taking him down to the mat face first with a drop toe hold. Kruel quickly went to the outside of the ring and grabbed a chain that the Pitbulls had brought to the ring. He began to choke DeVito with it until HC Loc rushed into the ring and shoved him over, causing him to break the hold. As the referee forced Loc to go back to the corner of the ring, Gary Wolfe came into the ring and stomped at DeVito’s gut a few times before getting back onto the ring apron as the referee turned around. Kruel tagged Wolfe into the match, and he immediately went back to work on DeVito with some more stomps followed by grabbing the metal chain again. He wrapped the chain around his hand and delivered a big right hand to DeVito’s gut. Wolfe hit him with a few more punches before going over to the corner of the ring to tag Mike Kruel back into the match. Kruel stomped on DeVito in the corner of the ring and soon went to the outside to grab a table from underneath the ring. He set the table up on the outside before going back in. He was quickly met by DeVito who had gotten up to his feet. DeVito kicked at Kruel a few times before slowly going over to his corner of the ring and tagging in HC Loc. Kruel took a big right hand to the head from Loc before being sent into the ropes and dropped right down to the mat with a nasty lariat. Loc then called for a steel chair and was tossed one from a fan. He slammed the chair across Kruel’s spine. DDT onto the chair by Loc, he makes the cover on Kruel, one, two, no! Gary Wolfe ran into the ring and broke the pin up. Loc picked Kruel back up from the mat and tagged DeVito back into the match. DeVito went up to the top rope and Loc lifted Kruel up to him. They called for a Spike Piledriver, but Wolfe rushed back into the ring with the chain and took a wild swing at HC Loc. Loc fell right to the mat and rolled to the outside of the ring. Wolfe followed him to the outside, which left Kruel and DeVito up on the top rope. Kruel broke free from the pildriver that DeVito was going for and landed on the mat before hitting DeVito with a few forearm shots. Kruel then lifted DeVito up from the top rope and dropped him down to the mat with a superplex. He makes the cover on DeVito, one, two, no! He kicked out. Meanwhile, on the outside of the ring, Gary Wolfe had just lifted HC Loc up and set him onto the table. He called for Kruel, who went up to the top rope. Flying splash from the top rope to the outside of the ring by Mike Kruel! Wolfe rolled Loc into the ring and went up to the top rope. Kruel was soon back in the ring too, and they lifted HC Loc up to the top rope, SUPERBOMB! Kruel makes the cover, one, two, three! It’s over, the New Pitbulls are victorious.

Winners: The New Pitbulls

62, 41, 84

After the match, Kruel and Wolfe set up two tables side by side in the ring. They then lifted Tony DeVito up to the top rope and Superbombed him through the two tables. The New Pitbulls headed off backstage leaving the Carnage Crew broken inside the ring.

Before his match with Jack Evans, CM Punk made his way to the ring. He is wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and a pair of athletic shorts. He raised his arms in an “X” into the air, a few people in the crowd did it back. Punk made his way into the ring and requested a microphone from the ring announcer.

Punk: “Last month, Roderick Strong and I were in the middle of a great encounter, one of the best matches of my life. Then two of his friends, Austin Aries and Jack Evans had to come in and interfere on his behalf so that he could win the match. I was getting ready to finish Roderick off, soon enough I would have had the match won for sure. But no, I was robbed by two assholes trying to make their friend look good. Aries, Evans, let me tell you something, you don’t do that to CM Punk. Soon enough, I will have my revenge on you two, then I will be able to have another one on one encounter with Roderick Strong. After I beat Jack Evans tonight, I will just be one step closer to a rematch with you Roderick. Be ready, because Straight Edge means I’m better than you.”

Punk raises another X into the air to the crowd before Jack Evans made his way to the ring.

Grudge Match: CM Punk vs. Jack Evans

Once Evans made his way into the ring he made sure to avoid CM Punk until the bell rang. The bell rang, and Punk charged at Evans, only for Evans to slide underneath the bottom rope and go to the outside of the ring. Punk followed him outside and began to chase Evans around the ring. Once Punk got close, Evans rolled into the ring and ran the ropes before hitting Punk in the face with a drop kick as he was entering the ring. Evans stomped at Punk a few times before picking him up to his feet. Irish whip by Evans is reversed by Punk and Evans goes running into the ropes. Once he returned he jumped over CM Punk before springing onto the top rope and knocking Punk to the mat with a moonsault press. Evans makes a cover, one, two, no! Punk kicked out. Evans picked Punk up from the mat again and went for a lariat. Punk blocked it with his forearms. Evans went for another lariat, but Punk once again blocked this and nailed Evans in the head with a nasty forearm shot. Punk then sent Evans into the ropes and took him down with a nasty spinebuster once he returned. He wasn’t done with Evans though, Punk immediately went back to work on Evans back with a bow and arrow submission. Nearly bent in half, Evans somehow managed to roll onto his side and get underneath the ropes to force CM Punk to break the hold. Punk released the hold and quickly picked Evans up from the mat and brought him over to the corner of the ring. Punk called for the Pepsi Plunge, but before he could get Evans up to the top rope Austin Aries and Roderick Strong made their way to the ring. Punk stared them down from inside the ring before pointing at Evans up on the top rope. Punk delivered the Pepsi Plunge on Evans as a way to seemingly taunt Aries and Strong before covering him, one, two, three. It’s over, CM Punk is victorious over Jack Evans.

Winner: CM Punk

70, 58, 82

After the match, Strong and Aries slowly entered the ring and faced off with CM Punk. Aries took a swing at him, but Punk blocked it, but Punk was quickly dropped to the mat by a super kick. He then picked up Punk and called for the CX ’03 only to be interrupted by Paul Heyman’s music blasting over the arena’s sound system. Paul Heyman made his way out from the curtain to a strong ovation from the fans. Strong and Aries changed their attention from CM Punk and focused on Heyman as he began to talk.

Heyman: “Wait a second guys, you’re not fighting right now. Aries, Strong and Evans, you three seem to have no idea on how things work around here when I’m in charge. First of all, you’re not taking over, I’m staying in charge. Second, I’ve got a couple of matches for you guys next month. CM Punk will finish the gauntlet of you three when he takes on Austin Aries. Roderick Strong, you’re going to team up with Jack Evans to take on The New Pitbulls.”

Evans, Strong and Aries stared down Heyman from inside the ring for a moment before Roderick Strong grabbed a microphone.

Strong: “That’s alright with us Heyman. Once we get through with Punk and the Pitbulls, we’re coming after you because WE’RE TAKIN’ OVER!”

Evans, Strong and Aries played to the crowd in the ring before making their way backstage.

81 (Heyman interview on Evans, Strong and Aries)

Dream Partners Tag Match: Jerry Lynn and ? vs. Jamie Noble and ?

Jamie Noble made his way to the ring first and to nobodies surprise brought ‘American Dragon’ Bryan Danielson in as his mystery partner. Jerry Lynn came to the ring next and revealed that his partner was a former WWE star, Spanky. Not only do Lynn and Noble have a history with each other, but Spanky and Danielson were formerly rivals during their early days in wrestling.

Noble started the match off against Spanky. They locked up and Noble gained the advantage by putting Spanky into a waist lock. Spanky looked for a counter for a moment before locking Noble into a headlock and taking him down to the mat. Noble rolled away from Spanky on the mat and got up to his feet where the two had another lock up. Spanky gained the advantage with a waist lock this time, but before Noble could counter the hold Spanky shoved him away into the ropes. Spanky went for a dropkick, but Noble held onto the ropes and Spanky fell right to the mat. Noble took advantage of this and went right to work on the downed Spanky with some stomps followed by applying a cross arm breaker. Spanky powered his way over to the corner of the ring with his legs and managed to get a tag into Jerry Lynn, who went right to work on Jamie Noble with some stomps of his own before picking him up from the mat. Lynn connected with a couple of European uppercuts before sending Noble into the ropes. Once Noble returned he was dropped right to the mat with a leg lariat from Lynn. He makes the cover, one, two, no! Noble kicked out. Lynn picked Noble back up and lead him over to the corner of the ring where he tagged Spanky back into the match. Lynn held Noble in an abdominal stretch like hold as Spanky kicked Noble in the gut before going back to the ring apron. Spanky kept Noble grounded with a running elbow drop before climbing up to the top rope, Left Turn at Albuquerque- NO! Noble rolled out of the way and Spanky crashed right into the mat. Noble slowly went to his corner of the ring and tagged in Bryan Danielson before Spanky could get Lynn into the match. Danielson went right after Spanky with a nasty kick to the ribs. Danielson then picked Spanky up to his feet and hit him with a few European uppercuts before yelling “That’s how you do it”, to Jerry Lynn. Danielson then dropped Spanky right to the mat with a nasty northern lights suplex. He bridged for a pin, one, two, no! Spanky kicked out of it. Danielson picked Spanky up from the mat again and brought him over to the corner of the ring where he tagged Jamie Noble back into the match. Noble hit Spanky in the head with a couple of forearm shots before going up to the second rope and taking Spanky down to the mat with a tornado DDT. Noble makes the cover, one, two, no! Spanky kicked out. Noble tagged Bryan Danielson back into the match, and he went for a lariat, but Spanky ducked underneath it and quickly spun Danielson around, SLICED BREAD #2! But Spanky was too hurt to make the cover soon enough. After about a 10 second delay, Spanky went for a cover, one, two, no! Bryan Danielson had just enough time to get up. Each man slowly made their way to the corner of the ring and tagged their partners into the match at the same time. Lynn and Noble rushed into the ring and charged at each other. Lynn gained the advantage with a big forearm shot to Noble’s head. He followed up on it with a few European uppercuts and then he lifted Jamie Noble off his feet and set him up for the cradle piledriver, but Noble got free and rolled onto the ring apron. Springboard tornado DDT by Noble- NO! Lynn caught him and planted Noble right onto his back with a spinebuster. Lynn tagged Spanky into the match and he quickly picked Noble up from the mat and hit him with the Sliced Bread #2. Spanky makes the cover, one, two, no! Bryan Danielson tried to break up the pin, but Spanky saw it coming and got up from Noble so that Danielson hit Noble. Spanky then threw Danielson out of the ring and went for the cover again on Noble, one, two, three! It’s over, Jerry Lynn and Spanky are victorious over Jamie Noble and Bryan Danielson.

Winners: Jerry Lynn and Spanky

75, 62, 88

The Sandman vs. Justin Credible

This match is stemming off of what happened last month at HCW’s first show. Justin Credible was supposed to be The Sandman’s mystery partner, but he turned on him and joined the team of Raven and Stevie Richards in an assault on The Sandman.

The match started off as a total brawl, with Sandman quickly gaining the advantage and beating away at Justin Credible in the corner of the ring with some vicious lefts and rights. Credible fell into a ball on the mat, from there Sandman stomped on him a few times before going across the ring and grabbing a Singapore cane. Sandman took a big swing at Credible’s head before going over to the opposite corner of the ring again and grabbing a beer. He toasted it to the crowd and chugged it down before turning around and taking another huge swing to Credible’s head with the Singapore cane. The cane broke across Credible’s head. Suddenly, Raven made his way down to the ring through the crowd with Stevie Richards following close behind. The Sandman turned his attention to them, which allowed Justin Credible to get up to his feet and grab a Singapore cane of his own. He swung and hit a home run right across Sandman’s back. Credible then grabbed a chair and laid it out in the center of the ring before picking Sandman up. That’s Incredible onto the chair! Justin Credible makes the cover, one, two, three! It’s over, Justin Credible has won thanks to the help of Raven and Stevie Richads.

Winner: Justin Credible

73, 69, 77

After the match, Raven grabbed a microphone and went into the ring. He stood over the fallen Sandman and began to speak.

Raven: “Sandman, I hope that you have learned that I am not the man that you should try to beat to remake your name. Last month you stepped into the Terror Dome, this month you were just trapped inside. Stay away from me if you know what’s best Sandman. You saw what I did to your family in the past, just imagine what I can do to them now. Stay away, if you know what’s best. Quote The Raven”

Before Raven could finish off his catchphrase, the lights went black, and when they came on again Sabu was standing in the middle of the ring with the word “Raven” painted onto his chest and a steel chair in his hand. Stevie Richards charged at him, only to take a big shot from the chair. Justin Credible then charged at him only to take a chair shot of his own. While all this was happening, Raven got out of the ring and onto the entrance way. He stood in the middle of the entrance way in his traditional arms out to his side pose as Sabu stared him down in the middle of the ring. The show ended with Sabu pointing at Raven as he stood over Justin Credible and Stevie Richards.

2092 Attendance

74 OVR