WWE Day of Reckoning Official Topic

Media 2.0

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GC WWE games have blown in the past, I'm not even close to getting my hopes up here until THQ announces that you can finally have a Royal Rumble where you can turn off over the top rope eliminations and be able to make it falls count anywhere.

The GC WWE games have blown in the past, I'm not even close to getting my hopes up here until THQ announces that you can finally have a Royal Rumble where you can turn off over the top rope eliminations and be able to make it falls count anywhere.

Wouldn't that essentially just be a giant clusterfuck?

Wouldn't that essentially just be a giant clusterfuck?

Yes. You could do it in No Mercy, WM2000, and WCW/nWo Revenge... it was just stupid to drop the feature once THQ dropped AKI. Easily the best way to keep replay value up. You get bored, you throw in a bunch of CAWs and other guys in a 40 man RR. Brawling in the back, pin a guy after a Rock Bottom through a table and then the next guy comes out, BEAUTIFUL! If they just took the great gameplay and ability to edit match rules of a No Mercy and mixed it with the bells and whistles of a Smackdown, THQ would have the ultimate wrestling title.

Edited by Zero

It seems WWE wrestling games for the gamecube at least are getting closer and closer to resembling No Mercy, Its only a matter of time before they hit the jackpot with them...

Anyway, The graphics as always seem to look stunning. Chances are however the actual game will be nothing like this as this has been the situation in the past. The engine, I'd guess won't be much of a change since Wrestlemania 19's which is'nt so bad, A different counter/reversal system would be deceant though. All in all theres not much to say other than I hope it lives up to its expectations.

It seems WWE wrestling games for the gamecube at least are getting closer and closer to resembling No Mercy, Its only a matter of time before they hit the jackpot with them...

Anyway, The graphics as always seem to look stunning. Chances are however the actual game will be nothing like this as this has been the situation in the past. The engine, I'd guess won't be much of a change since Wrestlemania 19's which is'nt so bad, A different counter/reversal system would be deceant though. All in all theres not much to say other than I hope it lives up to its expectations.

The reversal system is like that of Smackdown HCTP. Only difference is left one reverses grapples, and right one reverses hits, so it's just mismatched. And of course...the gameplay doesn't look like these screens so much seeing as it's acutally in motion but it still looks pretty damn good (seen the vids). It actually looks pretty damn good pics and videos...and it will top HCTP for sure :/ wondering if it will stop SvsR.

• 1 month later...

That is fucking great box art. Like someone mentioned, the gold part is a little crappy but other than that I love it.

I'm really tempted to actually get a gamecube just for this game. Plus you can get one for about sixty quid now so I'm very tempted. As I cant be assed to read through huge essays of writting :P can someone please answer these questions:

Is there a list of wrestlers that are confirmed to be in?

Is all official WWE music in the game?

Any legends?

A match list yet?

Is there create a wrestler mode or anything else like that?

Any announcers and is there Raw and Smackdown with the newest draft?

Realese date?

Thank's.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Is there a list of wrestlers that are confirmed to be in?

Not all wrestler models are completed yet so no.

Is all official WWE music in the game?

Isn't it in every game? I've seen vids...and Orton has his music, Christian has his music and so on, so yes.

Any legends?

Yes.

A match list yet?

Umm..not that I can remember, but I think it's probaly some of the usual. I know Bra and Panties is confirmed.

Is there create a wrestler mode or anything else like that?

Yes, in fact if I understand correctly that's the only way you can go through season. In a rags to riches mode...so no going through Season as Chris Benoit or anything. It's a downside, but it may be cool.

Any announcers and is there Raw and Smackdown with the newest draft?

Don't know...pretty sure it's an updated roster though. So that would probaly be a yes...

Heh...not really, I believe that is Triple H. Plus I kind of like that one..it's the big gold one I think looks stupid.

I was talking about the gold one, I didn't realise it wasn't actually a shadow of the one in the O (looking at it again, it's obviously not).

The one in the O is BLATANTLY Jericho. Well, a silhouette thereof.

Oh god Kane still has his old music, that's just a huge no towards the game as it pisses me off so much. The gameplay seemed really slow in the clips I looked at on ign.com and well it is set for an August realese which isn't too far away so I cant see it being very fast. I'm not a huge fan off super slow gameplay but oh well.