Fifa 2005 is shit

Krazy_K

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I generally find EA shite at pretty much everything, to me its pretty much an extra £40 each year for a stat update and slightly better graphics and a few features I won't use.

Thats the great thing about PES, its not an annual thing, theres no pressure to bring another out within a year and so they can take their time and add the things people actually want.

But yeah, since RTWC 98, I haven't liked it at all.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible, but I remember playing 97 on PSX and it was basically chubby little men running around.

It was. God, what on earth possesed me to buy that atrocity of a game? Ugh.

EDIT - I mean, it was chubby men running all over the pitch. Can't remember if it was 3d, I don't think it was.

Edited by MDK

When I used to play RTWC 98 on Professional, I think, all I had to do was run and shoot, every now and then I'd get a real hard team and they'd go after the ball, so I would constantly do crosses to win. What system are you on? Maybe it's the N64's version as compared to the PSX, where the games were always harder.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Just found my Sega Saturn version of Fifa97, it is definitely in 3D, although Google is bringing up screenshots that look like the old FIFA, see below:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/orig...44464815-00.gif

I'm assuming thats either the american version and 1 year behind due to them not caring about football/soccer, or its the Genesis/Megadrive version.

Guest Ringmaster

I think the version of 97 I have looks like the version you just posted, except it's just chubby little players running around and I don't think they move in any other direction then left and right. Looks a lot like the 96 one.

No, it's because there's so little difference between FIFA games, it's not even funny. At least Madden 05 forced me to change my playing style with all the defensive presnap stuff and whatnot.

So basically a new feature in Madden makes it different. There was the Off The Ball control last year and the First Touch control this year in FIFA. Watching the gameplay, yes it might seem the same but so would Madden, unless you play it and use the different features. FIFA is as samey each year as every other EA Sports game is.

Even PES3 is better than Fifa 05.

That reminds me of the reviews of Fifa05 when it came out (just before PES), they were saying finally FIFA matches PES3, but whats the point in matching it when a better version is coming out days later?

EA are shit at everything.

Not everything. NFSU is good.

and the Harry Potter games. :shifty: