Most Underrated Actors

I'd agree with the Kevin Bacon consensus.

My personal favourite under-rated actor is Alan Rickman, who although reconised, isn't praised enough - he made Robin Hood watchable, and with Costner on screen that's a mighty feat.

Ray Winstone is another actor who's work isn't nearly reconised enough, and IMO Billy Bob Thorntorn still isn't taken too seriously despite some great work.

Nick Moran who plays Ed in lock stock, quality actor imo. Same goes for Ray Winstone, I know he's been around a while, but he's only been in a few big films, like scum and sexy beast. I reckon he should be doing more than the odd drama on itv. Vinny Jones also gets a lot of stick about his acting but I don't think it's that bad. Lock stock was his first film and I thought he did well in it and he was even better in snatch.

Christian Bale

Vincent Price

Gary Oldman (can pull anything round to being great)

Takeshi Kitano (pretty much unheard of over here)

Guy Pearce (All hail Memento)

But most of all....

Clive Owen!

Forget King Arthur...This guy was magnificent in Croupier and Gosford Park. He's great, perfectly disdainful...Clearly should be the new Bond.

Oh and for some reason Ewan McGregor never gets quite as much praise as he should...

Oooh...underrated...let's see...

James Remar (Hugo Posh in Girl Next Door, ends up in almost everything, his stint on Sex and the City was phenomonal)

Richard Jenkins (The father on Six Feet Under)

I agree with Jeremy Sisto.

Others I'd include:

Jason Schwartzman

Andre Braugher

James Franco

Sean Bean

Mark Ruffalo

Judy Greer

Noah Wyle

What was that film he was in, with JLo I think? Enough? Or am I thinking of a different film?

Macy is underrated too, I've always thought that Taratino didn't ever get much credit for his acting. He's not bad, but then again he does play mostly small parts in the movies I've seen him in.

is Brad Pitt underrated? I've always enjoyed his roles for the most part, he used to get written off as a 'pretty boy', but i really enjoy his work alot, not quite sure if he's underrated still, but yeah. My other choices would be Harvey Keitel who is always enjoyable and Willem Dafoe, who i've been a fan of since i first saw Platoon.