Favorite Guitarists?

apsham

I wish I knew if Buckethead played Bass or Guitar. <_<

Buckethead can play both, but he is much more known for his guitar work. Fans of the Mortal Kombat movie can attest to that.

To those who demand to know five of my favorites in no order of particular-ness aside from the alphabetical, here ye go:

Chris Cornell (Soundgarden and Audioslave)

Mike Einziger (Incubus)

Henry Garza (Los Lonely Boys)

Kim Thayil (Soundgarden...recently sighted with Probot)

Stevie Ray Vaughn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say Adam Jones of Tool.

Y'know what? Fudge it, here's a better list of guitarists whose work I admire/enjoy:

Thayil

Cornell

Garza

Vaughn

Einzinger

Adam Jones

Tom Morello

Buckethead

James Valentine (Maroon 5)

Travis Meeks (Days of the New)

Todd Whitener (Tantric)

Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age/Desert Sessions/Eagles of Death Metal)

"Dimebag" Darrell Abbott (Damageplan/Pantera/David Allen Coe)

Billy Howerdel (A Perfect Circle)

Patrick Kennison

Henry Garza (Los Lonely Boys)

Have you by any chance seen them live?

I have not, amigo. It's a strange situation where I don't particularly like the band (their version of "I Walk The Line" is quite good, however), but Henry's style just seems so fluid and it sucks me right into watching/listening to them.

Have you, by chance, caught them live?

Guest Bluesman

No. I read a review of their live performance where they were pretty much trashed...however, they were supposed to play the MN State Fair and bailed at the last second to play (I believe) the Latin Grammys, so that may have something to do with the review. Basically the review was that the drummer sucks, their voices aren't that swift, they had a boy band feel, and Garza was prone to playing pointless guitar parts. I just have this feeling that their bailing out may have played a role in such a harsh review.

No. I read a review of their live performance where they were pretty much trashed...however, they were supposed to play the MN State Fair and bailed at the last second to play (I believe) the Latin Grammys, so that may have something to do with the review. Basically the review was that the drummer sucks, their voices aren't that swift, they had a boy band feel, and Garza was prone to playing pointless guitar parts. I just have this feeling that their bailing out may have played a role in such a harsh review.

I would venture to say so, if only due to the logistical side of things. Their travel plans and ergo, chances to rest may have been hugely edited due to the switch.

That being said, however, I'll be on the lookout for any live performances. My interest is piqued.

Meh, I've been bailing out on actually listing my favorite guitar players, so here it goes.

Trent Reznor (nine inch nails)

Buckethead

Tripp Eisen (Static X)

Adam Jones (Tool)

Marten Hagstrom (Meshuggah)

Infernus (Gorgoroth)

Dave Baksh (Sum 41)

Richard Kruspe-Bernstein (Rammstein)

Paul Landers (Rammstein)

Matt Good plays acoustic guitar and is pretty good, but since he's mostly a vocalist... actually he plays guitar when he tours too, and I remember when he played Weapon he was pretty hot. But he's still not a full time guitarist.

Angus was good. Vaughn is good of course. Morello I like too.

I dunno. Lots of good guitarists around.

Tom Morello (when he was in Rage Against The Machine, he's still great, but I don't care for Audioslave much)

Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains)

Kirk Hammett (Metallica)

Richard Kruspe-Bernstein and Paul Landers (Rammstein)

Timo Tolkki (Stratovarius)

John Petrucci (Dream Theater~!)

Tim Sult and Neil Fallon (Clutch)

Billie-Joe Armstrong (Green Day)

Dexter Holland (Offspring)

Rivers Cuomo (Weezer)

Dino Cazares (Fear Factory)