Ring Of Honor

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

1) I find it hilarious that Cabana's saying that he isn't a "Sports Entertainer".. It's just ironic that one of ROH's best comedy guys/entertainers is talking like that. :P I'm not holding it against you, that just made me chuckle.

2) Assuming this is happening in present day ROH, I doubt the Briscoes would be backstage. Mark's still healing up from his motorcycle accident, and Jay is staying out of wrestling until his brother's well enough to make his return.

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

1) I find it hilarious that Cabana's saying that he isn't a "Sports Entertainer".. It's just ironic that one of ROH's best comedy guys/entertainers is talking like that. :P I'm not holding it against you, that just made me chuckle.

2) Assuming this is happening in present day ROH, I doubt the Briscoes would be backstage. Mark's still healing up from his motorcycle accident, and Jay is staying out of wrestling until his brother's well enough to make his return.

Although Cabana is an entertainer, Sports Entertainment is a whole differnt style then used to in RoH.

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

THE MARK REPORT

Written by a Mark, for you the Smarks!

Jimmy Jacobs vs. Mike Quackenbush

This match sucked, I never heard of any of these guys. One of the ROH Protestors (A whole bunch of guys, who were there that said they were protesting the event, even though they bought a ticket. Its a lot like most internet fans who say bad things about the WWE but they still watch and go to the shows.) told me that it was this Quackenbush guys first match. So they did some locks, did some submissions, sure they were decent wrestlers but who the hell are they? We want to see some entertainment. A few boring chants here and there. Jacobs was shouting something, sounded like “Huss” that was pretty funny, especially when he was in yelling out in pain and then would stop yelling to yell huss and then start yelling again. Only those protestors cheered. The match ended with a sweet looking move by Quackenbush, it was like a single-legged Lion Tamer but he added an ankle lock to it, looked pretty sick but thanks god this match was over after 15 minutes.

Match Reaction = 22.4%

Match Quality = 68.2%

Overall Rating = 36.6%

Samoa Joe

The World Champion came walking down the ring, he looked pretty sweet. He’s a big guy, he was clapping his hands and the Quackenbush guy stared him down on his way back to the looker room. They stared each other down and the champion kept walking down to the ring.

When the guy got down to the ring he looked under it and pulled out a cardboard cut out of a palm tree, he set the palm tree up in the middle of the ring and got a microphone. He said welcome to “In The Island with Samoa Joe.” So I’m guessing that his name.

He says that this is the first episode and he called his first special guest, it was CM Punk. The fans cheered, hell even I cheered, he’s the first guy I’ve heard of all night. He was an announcer but he jumped in the ring. Joe asked questions about Sports Entertainment and Vince Russo. CM Punk said he hates the idea, no matter what he said in the locker room. The truth is he hates Vince Russo and he hates sports entertainment, that pure wrestling is real wrestling and all this crap. Joe looked shocked, like he didn’t have anything to say and this wasn’t supposed to happen. CM Punk went to leave the ring but Joe hit him and knocked him out to the ground. He challenged him to a 5 on 5 match later tonight for sports entertainment vs. wrestling, Punk agreed and walked to the back. This lasted 13 minutes, you think regular ROH fans are used to this? I don’t and I’m happy Vince Russo’s doing this.

Overall Rating = 68.6%

Dixie Vs. Fast Eddie

The first guy came out and was later identified to me by a fan as Fast Eddie, the next guy to come out was Dixie, I know his name because he came with this hot chick . She got on the microphone and said it was a body bag match, she gave the rules to the match and said since Eddie is blind this is going to be a blindfold match. So Eddie puts on the blindfold and the other guys doesn’t, haha you have to love Vince Russo’s booking. Dixie beats this guys ass, clipping his knees, throwing him into the corner and hitting some kind of variation to the stinger splash. He hit this sick leaping DDT, one of the best moves I seen in my life. Two other guys came down, I am told there are called Izzy and Cloudy. They joined in on the beat down and they eventually put this poor blind man in a body bag. The fans hated this, I hated this and buy the tape and I bet you hate it too.

Match Reaction = 29.5%

Match Quality = 58.6%

Overall Rating = 26.3%

McGuinness Interview

This English guy was talking and he sounded pretty funny, he talked about fighting for a title, the “Pure” title. The interview was hilarious he said “Top o the morning to ya.” He talked about kissing a stone, what kind of shit is that? He said it would bring him luck but he didn’t need it. Then he said something about a pot of gold and he drank some Guinness. Yes this was great.

Overall Rating = 40.3%.

ROH Pure Wrestling Championship

John Walters vs. Nigel McGuinness

This was another good wrestling match, not much of a fan reaction though. There was a few things that I liked in this match, that English guy hit a nice arm drag, haven’t seen a better one since good ol’ Ricky Steamboat. There was a lot of technical stuff again, good submissions and chain wrestling. Completely boring if you ask me and obviously you are if you’re reading this. Walters locked in a sharpshooter and I along with my friends marked out like a little bitch. Haven’t seen it executed that well in a long, long time. He ended up winning and retaining the title with the Hurricane DDT after about 18 minutes.

Match Reaction = 30.1%

Match Quality = 77.0%

Overall Rating = 46.8%

Low-Ki’s Challenge

Low-Ki another wrestler I’ve heard of came down to the ring, he walked pretty fast and got on the microphone. He made a challenge to everyone. Note to Vince Russo, DO NOT let this guy ever touch the microphone again. He absolutely sucks, its hard as hell to make out what he was saying. Well anyways Mick Foley came down to answer the challenge . I missed Mick Foley good to see him back in wrestling, he went towards the ring after accepting so I’m guessing this is the next match?

Low-Ki vs. Foley

Again the fans didn’t care much about this one, only diffrence is that Foley can’t wrestle for shit. Ki did his stiff routine that he always does, kicking and chopping the shit out of Foley. It looked like poor old Mick wanted to cry. He kicked him so hard that his neck snapped back and the ref stopped the match to check on Foley he tried to fight back but another kick to the chest knocked him out. Low Ki hit a corkscrew 450 splash… a Phoenix Splash if you will, see I do know a little something about these wrestlers. He then hit the Ki-Crusher and pinned Foley for the victory.

Match Reaction = 38.6%

Match Quality = 63.4%

Overall Rating = 45.5%

Punks team

CM Punk was giving an interview with his teammates he talked about how this is wrestling not entertainment but there was some guy in the background from his team making faces and stuff, it was pretty hilarious. This team is supposed to be anti-entertainment? You could of fouled me. I say that guy turns tonight. CM Punk eventually saw him and asked him to stop he said he would but as soon as Punk started talking about wrestling and stuff the guy made faces again. Interview ended when CM Punk said how can they win if Cobana? Isin’t serious.

Overall rating:60.8%

5 on 5

Joe’s team was already in the ring, no ring music or nothing. They did introductions it was Samoa Joe, Alex Shelley, I’ve heard of him, he’s a hell of a wrestler, The Havana Pitbulls and Homicide. Punk’s team came out and was announced as CM Punk, Colt Cabana, Ace Steel, and The Briscoe Brothers.

This match was just one big clusterfuck. Everyone in the ring at one time and it was hard to see what going on. This match was about 10 minutes longer then it should have been, 27 minutes of boring 5 on 5 matches. There was some good moments though, they did the whole bit where everyone jumps out of the ring, similar to what WCW used to do with the Mexicans, Joe was the last one out of the ring and he landed on top of everyone. I thought those little Briscoe kids were going to be crushed. Alex Shelley is a GOD!! Joe Irish Whipped one of the Briscoe boys into the ropes and through him up in the air so he could come down hard on to the mat but Shelley spring boarded off the top rope and hit a dropkick. Briscoe flew out of the ring!! The fans gave a standing ovation for that. To end the match Vince Russo came down with a chair and hit CM Punk with it, the black guy, who I believe is Homicide hooked the legs and used the feet for leverage on the rope to pick up the victory. CM Punk left to find Russo as the other 9 competitors battled in the ring.

Match Reaction = 41.5%

Match Quality = 75.8%

Overall Rating = 27.4%

Russo’s getaway

The camera followed Vince Russo as he ran through the building and into a car, he sped off quickly

Overall Rating = 76.8%

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

IndyInsider.com

Yesterday's ROH show, The Battle Lines Are Drawn was weak very weak, I suggest no one, and I mean no one go and buy that tape. I'm not saying this because I am a fan of the old ROH but because the show just totally sucked. I don't mind sports entertainment wrestling and I don't mind Vince Russo but he has to make up his mind on what he wants his promotion to be. To much trying to appeal to both the Marks and the Smarks with those long matches. Twenty-Seven minutes for the Main Event was to long for a Sports Entertainment wrestling show. To my understand it was CM Punk and Samoa Joe that booked this event, I am hoping this is true because if every ROH show is going to be like this I will never attend another one. If you're going to run your company then Vince Russo run your company. You can not fault CM Punk and Samoa Joe for the show turning out the way it did even though the booked it because they don't know how to book a wrestling show. You just can't give a baby a book and tell them to read. Tehy did their best and it obviously wasn't good enough. The Last Stand will be on Thursday January 27th and if that show is as bad is this one, I will no longer support ROH on my website. I feel bad for the fans who thought they were going to see a sports entertainment show because that was nothing like a normal sports entertainment show.

In other ROH news, Allison Danger has left the company, apperantly it has something do with Steve Corino not wanted his sister to become a "Sports Entertainment Hoe" because he believes thats what would happen if his sister hung around with Vince Russo as the booker.

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING

PRESENTS

THE LAST STAND

THURSDAY JANUARY 27th 2005.

Card

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels makes his return to Ring Of Honor as he goes one on one against the ROH Pure Wrestling Championship holder John Walters for the Pure Title.

CM Punk takes on the man who pinned him 2 weeks ago at "The Battle Lines Are Drawn" Homicide.

Samoa Joe will put his Heavyweight title on the line against Rainman

The Tag Titles will also be on the line as both The Briscoe Brothers, and The Second City Saints challanges The Havana Pitbulls.

Also:

Tony Kozina makes his debut for ROH as he takes on the young Jack Evans.

Monty Brown will debut.

Bryan Danielson

Trent Acid

and much more.

Tickets are down to 12 dollars, get them now while they last. If you can't get to the show, the tape will be available at SmartMarkVideo 4 days after the event

• 10 months later...