WCW Still Has Fight. . .

SpiceDawg

Very, very good read man, loving every bit of it. I loved the way your using WCW Live as the platform until the TV deal is finalized, and I think the show was just right. The history between Steiner/ Booker, and Magnificent Seven really needed to be rehashed, it's seemed like forever since that was going on. You have an awesome diary going on, I'll be reading. Loving the promoes, it's made me get my ass back in gear and get back to work on my WCW 2001 diary.

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, Idolized. Big thanks to everyone who has expressed interest in this diary. I was orignally a little apprehensive of the length of WCW Live because it was basically nothing more than a recap show. But I thought it would be important to start reminding people what was happening in WCW at the time. I personally, I tend to enjoy more detailed show reports which in turn means mine will lean that way. We will see how often I'll have time to churn out lengthy shows. I'm really glad that most people seem to be enjoying the early stages of this diary -- which I personally think is the dull part.

The complete line-up for Halloween Havoc should be up very soon. May have a few more internet reports before the PPV. Hopefully, Havoc will be worth the wait for you guys. Once again, thank you all for the interest and reading a diary from the unknown guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Idolized, this diary is not dead. Not by a long shot. I went to my parent's house for the Christmas holidays and didn't have access to EWR or my Diary files. When I got back this week, work was just extra hectic. Plus the EWR scenerio had some inaccurate data and that was bugging the heck out of me. Being the geek that I am, I've spent the last day fixing up all the data in the scenerio and replaying EWR to get me back to where I was. Of course, the game then had to make sure that one of my key wrestlers got himself injured for 16 months and totally messing up huge storyline plans. But isn't that half the fun???

This diary is alive. I'm hoping to have Havoc out by next weekend. Before Havoc, I should have some internet updates and the full Havoc line-up.

Sorry for the long delay but hopefully, it will all be worth the wait.

WCW.com – 10.22.01

WCW Halloween Havoc PPV Line-up

WCW.com has the exclusive, hot off the presses, official card for October 27th’s WCW Halloween Havoc PPV.

WCW World Championship

Booker T © v. Scott Steiner w/ Midajah

Two rivals will battle once again for wrestling’s most prestigious title!!!

Main Event Status v. World Title Shot Handicap Match

Goldberg v. Totally Buff w/Ric Flair

Goldberg has put it all on the line in order to gain revenge and a shot at the title!!!

Legends Tag Team Match

Dustin & Dusty Rhodes v. Ric Flair & Jeff Jarrett

Legends & Future Legends collide in this tag team grudge match!!!

Revenge Against the Magnificent Seven

Kevin Nash, Sting, DDP, & Sid Vicious

v.

Road Warrior Animal, Rick Steiner, & Team Canada

Will members of Magnificent Seven pay for the sins of Scott Steiner???

20 Man Battle Royal for Shot at US Title

Terry Funk, Mike Sanders, Chris Kanyon, Shannon Moore, Cash, Lash Laroux, Crowbar, Big Vito, Johnny the Bull, Bam Bam Bigelow, Hugh Morrus, The Cat, Bryan Clarke, Brian Adams, Disco Inferno, Alex Wright, Konnan, Norman Smiley, Shawn Stasiak, Jim Duggan

20 men will battle it out for a shot at the U.S. Title!!!

Miss Halloween Havoc Bikini Contest

Stacy Kiebler, Torrie Wilson, and Midajah

Eric Bischoff has announced a special treat for all the male fans!!!

WCW World Tag Team Title Match

Sean O’Haire/Chuck Palumbo © v. Rey Misterio/Billy Kidman

All four men have be hailed the future of WCW but only 2 can be champions!!!

WCW Cruiserweight Title Match

Shane Helms © v. Chavo Guerrero Jr.

The former champion seeks out revenge against the current king of cruisers!!!

Card is subject to change

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internet Assault.com News – 10.22.01

WWF No Mercy Results & Buyrate

WWF scored a 1.62 buy rate for No Mercy. Attendance at the Sacramento Arco Arena was reported to be 16619. WWF made around $40405000 from PPV revenue and close to $4997140 from tickets sales. WWF really loaded the show and many feel that is because of WCW’s return to PPV this Sunday. All in all, it was a really solid PPV.

WWF World Title: Steve Austin retained against Kurt Angle after Vince McMahon interfered on Austin’s behalf.

WWF IC Title: Edge regained the title against Christian in a ladder match that many say stole the show

WWF European Title: Rhyno won the title against William Regal. Regal threw a temper tantrum after the match.

WWF Tag Titles: Dudley Boys retained against the Hardy Boyz in a cage match

Big Show & APA defeated Test, X-Pac & Albert

WWF Women’s Title: Chyna defeated Ivory & Lita in a three way match

Chris Jericho defeated Eddie Guerrero after Perry Saturn’s interference backfired

Kane defeated Shane McMahon in a street fight

Undertaker defeated Rikishi in a first blood match

WCW Power Struggle

Rumours are that Eric Bischoff and Markolous Krump have been having some frictions backstage. Markolous Krump was named the Vice President of WCW by financial backers Creative Imagination Inc. Apparently, the two have very different views of where WCW creatively should go in the future. Both Krump and Bischoff have their own ideas of which guys should be the centerpiece of the company. Bischoff apparently wants to push a lot of the established names, meanwhile, Krump wants to do a complete shake-up of the roster. Word is, Krump and Bischoff have been arguing for weeks over what the Havoc line-up should look like. The current line-up seems to be a compromise with it favoring Bischoff’s vision. It should be interesting to see where WCW goes after Havoc.

WCW TV Deal In Limbo

A TV deal for WCW, has been one of the company’s major struggles. Bischoff had been hoping to have something locked down by this point. Now, it seems Bischoff isn’t as optimistic that WCW will land a show anytime soon. A sign is that Bischoff is turning to the internet to showcase weekly programming with WCW Live. The word is, Bischoff, may also be looking at starting weekly PPVs. This is something the WWF had considered in the early 90s with Tuesday in Texas but that was terribly unsuccessful. But Bischoff may not have any other option without the television in place.

House Shows to Start After Havoc

WCW has announced their arena show schedule for the month of November. WCW will be running 5 house shows a week. At this point, it looks like the entire roster will be touring. The majority of the shows seemed to be hitting old NWA/WCW territory like Georgia, the Charlottes, Illinois, and Maryland. At this point, the local radio is hyping the cards to be headlined by Booker & Goldberg v. Scott Steiner & Chris Kanyon. That may give an idea of what could go down at Halloween Havoc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: That is the official Halloween Havoc line-up though pay heed to the card subject to change. If all things go well, I should have a WCW Live, few more news updates and Halloween Havoc up for the end of this week. Fingers are crossed. For now, feel free to make predictions if that sort of thing amuses you.

Edited by SpiceDawg

WCW World Championship

Booker T © v. Scott Steiner w/ Midajah

Main Event Status v. World Title Shot Handicap Match

Goldberg v. Totally Buff w/Ric Flair

Legends Tag Team Match

Dustin & Dusty Rhodes v. Ric Flair & Jeff Jarrett

Revenge Against the Magnificent Seven

Kevin Nash, Sting, DDP, & Sid Vicious

v.

Road Warrior Animal, Rick Steiner, & Team Canada

20 Man Battle Royal for Shot at US Title

Terry Funk, Mike Sanders, Chris Kanyon, Shannon Moore, Cash, Lash Laroux, Crowbar, Big Vito, Johnny the Bull, Bam Bam Bigelow, Hugh Morrus, The Cat, Bryan Clarke, Brian Adams, Disco Inferno, Alex Wright, Konnan, Norman Smiley, Shawn Stasiak, Jim Duggan

Miss Halloween Havoc Bikini Contest

Stacy Kiebler, Torrie Wilson, and Midajah

WCW World Tag Team Title Match

Sean O’Haire/Chuck Palumbo © v. Rey Misterio/Billy Kidman

WCW Cruiserweight Title Match

Shane Helms © v. Chavo Guerrero Jr.

WCW.com – 10.25.01

WCW Live Preview

WCW Halloween Havoc is only 2 days away. This great event will signify WCW’s return to PPV. WCW will have the chance to prove that nobody can do PPV like WCW can. Last week had the return of WCW to Internet Multimedia Programming with WCW Live. WCW Live proved to be more explosive and exciting than anyone could imagine. Last week’s show, we saw the altercation between Goldberg and Ric Flair which lead to a huge Havoc match signing. What could happen tonight?

Be sure to join Mike Tenay & Tony Schiavone for the most exciting wrestling talk show on the internet. Tonight, their will be 3 exciting WCW Superstars as the guests. The WCW World Tag Team Champions, Sean O’Haire & Chuck Palumbo will be in attendance and will probably have some words for their Havoc challengers, Rey Misterio Jr & Billy Kidman. WCW Live will have never looked hotter when Torrie Wilson graces the studios.

Be sure to have the most up to date streamline software so you can enjoy WCW Live!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

WCW.com Multimedia Section – 10.25.01

WCW Live

The scene opens to a shot of Ric Flair & Sting battling Terry Funk & the Great Muta inside a steel cage. An older WCW fan would recognize this is the main event of the first ever Havoc. The video than starts to cut to various other big Halloween Havoc matches, while a generic hard rock theme plays in the background. Sting v. Sid Vicious, Hollywood Hogan v. Randy Savage, Ric Flair v. Rick Rude, Sting v. Bret Hart, Scott Steiner v. Booker T – as well, as several other matches are seen in the package. The clips come by quickly and it’s hard to discern every match. Maybe even some non-Havoc matches snuck in? The hard rock theme comes to a crescendo and the scene cuts to a graphic.

WCW Halloween Havoc

The Tradition Continues

This Sunday – Only on PPV

The scene cuts to the WCW Live studio. The studio is decorated in festive Halloween. There are black and orange streamers attached from wall to ceiling. In the background, there is a skeleton hanging from the wall. In the centre of it all is the newly fixed WCW Live desk which at the moment houses Tony Schiavone & Mike Tenay. Both are decked out in blue WCW blazers.

TS: Welcome WCW fans, to another great episode of WCW Live. I am Tony Schiavone and this is my co-host Iron Mike Tenay. As the video package said, WCW Halloween Havoc is this Sunday. I can hardly wait.

MT: Me neither Tony, WCW Halloween Havoc is boasting one of the most exciting cards in wrestling. It’s all capped off by that huge WCW Title match between Booker T and Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner. It should be a very wild affair.

TS: Don’t forget Goldberg putting it all on the line. Goldberg will do battle with two seasoned veterans in a handicap match.

MT: That’s right. Goldberg v. Totally Buff – Lex Luger & Buff Bagwell. If Goldberg loses, than he promises to never head line another show or go after the World title again. Basically, Goldberg will be a curtain jerker for the rest of his career.

TS: How did he put it? Wrestle Disco Inferno for the rest of his career?

MT: If he wins, than he has been promised a shot at the World title. Goldberg claims that these last few years he has been held down. I can’t disagree with him. Despite his amazing record, how many title shots has Goldberg been given since his loss at Starrcade ’98?

TS: I can probably count it on one hand, Tenay. Goldberg is really putting so much on the line.

MT: WCW Halloween Havoc boasts many other great matches. We will have two other title matches. WCW Cruiserweight Champion Shane Helms defends against the former champion Chavo Guerrero Jr.

TS: The WCW World Tag Team Championship will also be on the line in a match that may very well be the show stealer.

MT: 4 wrestlers that are arguably the future of WCW and the wrestling business. Billy Kidman & Rey Misterio team up to try to win the World Tag Team championship from Sean O’Haire & Chuck Palumbo. You are right Tony, this could be the show stealer.

TS: Later tonight, we will have a sit down interview with the champions. That should be exciting.

MT: Also at Havoc, we have the first ever WCW Miss Halloween Havoc Contest. Three very beautiful women will be in that contest. Midajah. Stacy Kiebler. And our other guest tonight, Torrie Wilson. Wow!

TS: Wow, indeed. Now, the other matches on the card all contain members of the faction the Magnificent Seven. Earlier today, the WCW.com crew caught up with the stable that calls themselves the Magnificent Seven.

MT: Despite the fact there are 8 of them

Scene cuts to an interview room. A giant WCW logo is the backdrop. Standing in the room are 8 very well dressed men. These men are the Magnificent Seven: Ric Flair, Road Warrior Animal, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell, Chris Kanyon, Jeff Jarrett.

RF: WOOOO! WCW Halloween Havoc. WCW Lives. MGM Grand. Las Vegas. The place where dream come true. Also the place that a lot of disappointed punks will be leaving on the 27th. October 27th, that is the night the Magnificent Seven ride again. I may not be the CEO anymore. Bischoff might be calling the shots. But at the Havoc, it will be the Magnificent Seven running this show. Goldberg! You will be done. All over. WOOOO! No more. Just like it should have been back in January, when my boys beat your ass. It will be beat again. No one will chant your name again. 40 years pal. Every arena yells out WOOO. You’re a flash in the pan. I’m the real deal. Screw Bischoff. Screw him for bringing you back. Abuse of power! You will be abused at Halloween Havoc. WOOO!!!!

RF: (still talking – definitely seems to be throwing a fit like only Flair can). As for the Rhodes boys, you got the better of me back in March. That was a long time ago. Dusty, I’ve beat you before. At Havoc, I’m going to beat you again. Me and the Chosen One will be run you out of Vegas. Nobody! Nobody not even a former NWA Champion embarrasses the Nature Boy and is able to survive. Your luck is up at Havoc. You just rolled a snake eyes. Because I’m a leer jet flying, limousine driving, kiss all the girls and make them cry – son of a gun. Dusty! Dustin! WOOO! I’m going party. I’m going to kick your ass!

JJ: The Nature Boy! The Chosen One! We are going to team up again. We are going to show all the Las Vegas Slapnuts, what true greatness is. Rhodes are a pimple in the world of wrestling history. It’s Flair. It’s Jarrett. Those are the real names of greatness. At Halloween Havoc, we’re going to prove it.

RF: WOOO! He’s right. I’m right. Hey Champ. What you got to say!

SS: Booker! That is my title. You’re jus’ keepin’ it warm. At Hav’uk, I’m going to be the World champion again. I’m going to rule wresslin’. Just like I rule my freaks. After I tear you apart and leave ya for dead – I’m going wine and dine my freaks. My #1 freak. Bring your Ebonics speaking ass to the ring and I’ll shove it the largest arms in the whole damn wurrld!!! (sic)

LL: Ha ha. You tell him, Poppa. Goldberg, Flair gave you the warning. You think you can spear me through a table and get away scott free? We beat you once. I will beat you again. Halloween Havoc, will be the last time you’ll see the name Goldberg on the marquee. Totally Buff will go 2-0 thanks to me. Lex Luger.

BB: Lexy! Goldberg should be known more like Goldturd. Cause we’re going to flush him at Havoc. HAHAHAHA! We are Totally Buff and I am the stuff. Oh yeah!

RF: WOOO! Kanyon, tell the other 19 punks whose going to win the 20 man battle royal!

CK: Kanyung is. Becuz nobody iz betta than Kanyung. 19 Jabronies will be taking a one way flight over the top rope. I’ll be the number one contender to the US Title. I’ll be the champion! Bam Bam, Duggan, Funk, Crowbar – none of them are even in my league. This will be a picnic. It will be my night. The night of Kanyung. The next US Champion.

RS: Nash, Stinger, DDP and Sid Vicious we haven’t forgot about you. You guys wants revenge on my brutha? First you got to get through me, Animal and our friends, Team Canada. That ain’t going to happen. WOOF WOOF!

A: You tell him, Haw. . . Rick! We’re taking you guys out the only way we know how and that is straight ahead. Going right at you. Bones will be broken and tears will be shed. We’re going to put all four of you back on the shelf!

RF: WOOOO!!!! Magnificent Seven! This is what WCW is all about. We will prove it at Halloween Havoc.

Scene returns to the WCW Live Studio.

TS: They sure are confident, aren’t they Tenay?

MT: They definitely got the talk but it will be this Sunday where they have to prove to have the walk. It should be a very wild night.

TS: In a few moments, we will be talking to our first guests, the WCW Tag Team Champions. Before that, we need to have a word from our sponsors.

Generic rap is being played in the background. The camera cuts to many random shots of what looks like an alleyway. Lots of guys and girls seem to be chilling out there. Konnan then struts into the scene.

K: Let’s get filthy!

Konnan pulls out a Jersey from his backside. It is an Official WCW Filthy Animal Jersey.

K: With the Filthy Animal Jersey. You know you are all a bunch of Filthy Animals like me. Prove it with this Official WCW Filthy Animal Jersey, mang.

Graphic appears to show where to call to get this great Jersey!

Cut back to the WCW Live studio. Tony seems to have been eating something during the break because he has crumbs all over his Blazer.

TS: Welcome back fans. Now, let me introduce the future of WCW. The WCW World Tag Team Champions – Sean O’Haire & Chuck Palumbo.

The champions music blares over the speakers and the champion make their way to the desk.

MT: Welcome, champs.

SO: Thanks, Mike. Thanks, Tony. It is so great to be here. The pleasure is all ours. I’m really pumped that WCW is back. I can’t wait for this Sunday.

CP: I just want to shout out to all our fans over the internet. You guys rule. Thank you for your patience. We will be kicking ass again starting this Sunday.

TS: This Sunday, you have quite the title defense in store. You will be facing members of the Filthy Animals. Billy Kidman & Rey Misterio.

SO: That’s right. What an honor that is going to be. These are two of the best wrestlers in the world right now. It is a great chance to prove that we are for real. We have been proving that all year. Beginning of the year our list of victims was pretty extensive – Team Canada, Totally Buff, Kronik, Jindrak/Stasiak – the list goes on and on. This summer, we took on all comers on the independent scene. We are pumped to be back in WCW and ready to prove what we got.

CP; Yeah. So good to be here. We do respect Misterio and Rey. Dudes, you guys rock. We will beat you. We will prove why we are going to be the greatest WCW Tag Team Champions ever.

SO: They call us the future of wrestling but we say, why wait? Our fame is coming now.

MT: You guys seem very confident. These two guys are very unlike the other teams you mentioned. These guys are lighter and faster. What will be your strategy to beat this very different team.

SO: We aren’t expecting Totally Buff or Kronik. We know these guys are different. I’d say they are even better then those teams. They are young and they are hungry. Just like us. They want this. (taps on World Tag belt). We are young and hungry too. I’m not ready to give this belt up. I’m not ready to stop this win streak we are on. Our strategy is simple. We are going full at them. We are going to be aggressive. We are going to use are size. We are going to hit them like a Mack truck. Havoc will be our night. No doubt.

CP: Earlier you said, this match could be the show stealer. I’m saying that it will be. We will put on a display you’ve never seen before. We will pull out all the stops. We are going to show why we aren’t just the future of wrestling. We are the now. I’ll say there are few better than us. Rey and Kidman, good luck to you. Can’t wait to fight you. You aren’t leaving with our titles!

TS: You keep referring to how you are labeled as the future. Do you guys feel any pressure with that label?

SO: No. Because it’s true. We both know it deep inside. I know I’m a great athlete. I know there isn’t many people who can do what I do. I thank God for that. I thank the fans for the support they have shown us. I’m telling you right now – Palumbo and O’Haire – those names will be on the marquee for a long time. We will be headlining PPV. We will be winning World Championships. Right now, we are concerned about being the best we can be. To be the best, we need to defend these tag title. That means taking out Rey and Kidman.

CP: Sean, said it, Tony. We just are concerned with the now. The future will come. We will be there. Showing to the world why we are the best. Kidman and Rey will find that out this Sunday just how good we really are.

TS: Strong words from the champions. Sean and Chuck, thank you very much for your time.

SO: Like I said before, the pleasure is really all ours. We love our fans. We love WCW. We love kicking ass. We will be doing that this Sunday.

CP: Seeya then. Oh, this is for Kidman and Rey. Make sure you got your health insurance up to date. Seeya soon boys!

TS: Those are the WCW World Tag Team Champions. They seem very confident.

MT: They should be Tony. They’ve got a big size advantage this Sunday. They just need to make sure to not underestimate Rey and Billy.

TS: I get the feeling that they know what Kidman and Rey can bring to the table. I really look forward to that match.

MT: I really look forward to seeing Torrie Wilson.

TS: She’s next, Mike. Right after this brief word from our sponsors.

It’s a generic ad from Sony Playstation. It hawks all the big games from 2001. Whatever the heck they were.

Cut back to the studio.

TS: It’s the moment you have been waiting for, Mike.

MT: It’s time to bring out the very lovely, Torrie Wilson.

‘The Stripper’ plays over the speakers and brings out Torrie Wilson. Torrie looks absolutely stunning in a pink top and blue daisy dukes. Torrie slides her way over to the desk.

TW: Hi guys!

MT: Wow, Torrie. You look stunning.

TW: Thank you. It’s great to be on this show.

MT: It’s great to have you!

TS: Well, Torrie it has been a long time since WCW fans have last seen you. It was January when we saw you carted out on a stretcher. Hugh Morrus had accidentally hit you but your man at the time, Shane Douglas, blamed him fully for the injury. How have you recovered?

TW: Thank you for the concern. I will admit that was a very scary time. I am fully recovered. I have no major neck problems. I am excited to be back in WCW. For the record, I don’t blame Hugh. I got involved in the match. I was in the ring. I take the full blame for it. Shane was wrong to feel it was Hugh’s fault.

MT: Speaking of Shane, have you been in contact with him since WCW took hiatus?

TW: I haven’t heard from Shane since the day I was carted out on the stretcher. No phone calls. No cards. No visits. The last I saw of Shane was when he cut that promo on Nitro against Ric Flair. He was obsessed with taking out Flair. I am sure he still is.

TS: You have no affiliation with Shane at all? Now, Torrie, I may be out of line here but you seem very different than when we last saw you. You seem very pleasant right now. When you were with Shane, well, you weren’t pleasant.

MT: Say it, Tony. She was a bitch!

TW: Ha. Yeah, I was. I regret siding with Shane Douglas. Shane was a jerk. He was a bad guy. Being with him made me someone I regretted. I didn’t like what I did to Madusa or Hugh. I am really sorry for the hell I put Billy through. I was wrong. I was really wrong. I never should have hurt someone I cared so much about.

MT: Do you still have feelings for Billy Kidman?

TW: I just will admit that I was wrong. I hurt him. I never should have aligned with Douglas. I regret what happened last summer. I hope, one day that Billy can forgive me. I do still care for Billy very much. For whatever that means.

TS: Have you spoken to Billy since last summer?

TW: No. I’m embarrassed from last summer. I don’t think he wants to talk to me. I don’t blame him.

MT: I hope things work out for you two. Now, you will make your return at Havoc. In the Miss WCW Halloween Havoc Competition. Are you ready to give us a preview?

TW: [laughs] You’ll have to wait until this Sunday, Tenay. I can promise you it will be worth the wait. I’ve got a great bikini picked out. Very sexy. I can’t wait to show it off this Sunday. I will be Miss Halloween Havoc. I’m sure the fans will pick me.

MT: I look forward to it.

TS: Torrie, thank you so much for your time.

TW: No, thank you. It was great to address my fans again. I can’t wait to be able to give them all a real treat at Halloween Havoc.

TS: It should be quite the treat. Well, fans thank you for tuning in. If you want to see Torrie with a little less clothing than be sure to tune in for WCW Halloween Havoc. Where you will get that plus lots of heart pounding wrestling action.

MT: Seeya this Sunday, fans!

Fades to WCW logo

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Internet Assault.com News – 10.26.01

Tony Schiavone Demoted

There is word that Tony Schivone may be getting a lessened role in WCW. Tony Schivone has been the head announcer in WCW ever since Jim Ross left in ’93. Apparently, Bischoff hasn’t been impressed with Tony’s work for the last few years. Miek Tenay is reported to now be given the head announcer spot. The word is, Scott Hudson will be commentating with Tenay tomorrow at Havoc. Schivaone’s new role will be backstage interviewer.

Ric Flair to Need Surgery

As if WCW doesn’t have enough problems! WCW wrestling icon Ric Flair reportedly has a very serious knee injury. The knee will have to be scoped and have immediate surgery. The word is that if it isn’t operated upon than Flair will not be able to walk again let alone wrestle. The current word is that Flair will be out of action for at least 16 months. At Flair’s current age, this may be the end of his career. At this point, WCW is positive that Flair will be able to make a full recovery. No word on what this does to the tag match with Jarrett and the Rhodes. Plus who knows what will happen to the Magnificent Seven now. This internet geek wishes Flair a safe and full recovery.

DSW Results

I just got sent these Deep South Wrestling Results. The event took place at the Macon Legion Hall. The attendance was apparently around 375 people which is really good for a first ever independent show. Don’t have word on the gross yet. Anway, here are the results:

Air Paris/Yang/Kwee Wee defeated Jason Jett/Evan Karagious w/Leia Meow/Kid Romeo - this was a really great match. The crowd really started getting heated up. This was a smart opener. Unfortunately, Allen Funk came out as Kwee Wee. He still brought the goods in the wrestling department. Yang/Paris/Funk wrestled as faces. Jett/Karagious/Romeo played overly cocky heels. They played it up really well. Evan seems to have dropped the boy band gimmick and seems to be playing more of a Teen Idol type thing. He came to the ring passing out signed pictures of himself. It got over huge. Meow came out with Karagious and acted as if she was enamored with him. She was in a school girl outfit and was hot! End Game: Paris hit a 450 on Jett. After the match the heel laid a swift attack on the face team.

Harris Boys beat Stevie Ray/MI Smooth: This was a pretty awful match. Killed the crowd heat. Ray/Smooth seemed to be doing a New Harlem Heat gimmick. The crowd wasn’t into them at all. End Game: Harrisses finished off Smooth with the H Bomb which was impressive considering how bloated Smooth is now.

Kaz Hayashi beats Elix Skipper, Jamie Noble, & David Flair w/ Miss Elizabeth in a 4 corners match. This was under one fall rules. Noble & Flair were playing baby faces. Noble was doing a redneck gimmick which got over huge here in Macon. Flair was playing up his lineage of being a Second generation star. This is Ric Flair country so it works. Miss Elizabeth came out with Flair and helped disrobe him. She just cheer lead on the outside and didn’t seem to have anymore personality than normal. She looked really hot though. Kaz was doing a gimmick where he was superior to all ‘gaijin’ wrestlers. He disrespected everyone in the ring and refused to shake their hands. It got some really good heat. Kaz even seemed to want Elizabeth to leave the ringside area which also got lots of heat. Skipper played his same cocky gimmick from WCW. End Game: Kaz pinned Noble with a Kaz Driver (Michinoku Driver) and then spitting in Noble’s face when Noble offered his hand. A really stellar match. Kaz, Noble and Skipper were great. Flair was able to keep up.

Reno wrestled Wall to a Double count out. It was a decent brawl. Wall was playing the face. Both had similar gimmicks from WCW. Wall seemed to be back to his Misfit gimmick since he had camoflauge pants. Wall was called the Wall – not A-Wall. Match was decent but had some blown spots. End Game: Both men ignored the ref’s count and brawled to the back.

Arn Anderson came out and announced a Tourney will start at the next show. Winner will be the first DSW Champion. DSW will be having weekly shows here at the Macon Legion Hall. Next week’s show should be good. The brackets are the following:

Jindrak v. David Flair

AJ Styles v. Jason Jett

Noble v. Kaz

Evan v. Kwee Wee

Reno v. Stevie Ray

Ron Harris v. Wall

Paris v. Skipper

Romeo v. Yang

Not sure what matches are next week though. A kid in front of me was being real loud and annoying and I didn’t catch all that Arn said.

Paisley pinned Major Gunns – Oh my! Not good either. But they tried. Paisley even busted out a Tope and a handspring elbow. I’d say the handspring was better than Chyna’s. Not the best match but both girls can develop in time. I’d have thought they would be managers. Looks like WCW might want a women’s division. End Game: Paisley rolled through a cross body and pulled the tights for the win. One thing for sure, both girls have great ring attire. Very smoking!

Wayne DeBruce pinned Brian Knobbs in a hardcore match. This was pretty good. Mainly because it was really short. Very crazy. Both guys brawled all over the arena. End Game: DeBruce hit Knobbs with a ironing board for the win. Told you it was crazy.

AJ Styles beat Mark Jindrak w/ Tammy Sytch: Great match. Both guys really clicked well. Which was a big surprise. AJ seems to be able to adapt to almost any style. This kid is going to be the future. WCW really needs to keep a hold of him. Styles played the face and Jindrak played a Rick Rude type gimmick. Styles played a vanilla baby face but pulled it off well. Tammy was Jindrak’s valet and brought his mirror to the ring. She actually looked pretty hot. Much better than her last WCW appearance. She seems to have cleaned up. End Game: Styles pinned Jindrak after Tammy Sytch accidentally hit Jindrak with the mirror.

All in all, a really great night of wrestling and worth the 10 bucks!

----------------------------------------------

OOC: There ya go. Next stop... Halloween Havoc. I'll start to work on it tomorrow night as long as nothing unexpected happens like actually having a life. I hope for it to be ready for reader consumption by next weekend.

On a side note, the Ric Flair injury has to be one of the biggest downers since I've started playing EWR. I had all of 2002 mapped out but most of it involved him. I hopefully did a decent job of covering up that unforeseen happening but I'll let you guys decide over time. I'm in the dog house if a few other key guys go down -- with my luck I should expect it.

• 10 months later...