Punk Covers

DMN in the House

The other album that guy was thinking of was Punk goes Accoustic.

Student Rick's version of Heaven is a Place on Earth is cool, as is MxPx - Take on Me.

That.... guy.... :crying:

That's what I was thinking of... but I only liked one song on that I believe. I'm going to have to check out the NOFX, Fleetwood Mac cover noted above.

Although I hate that song. 

You need to hear the Anti Nowhere League's version then. :thumbsup:

Although it might be one of those songs you either hate or love, regardless of the band performing it. A group called Chaos 88 also does the song, but changed the lyrics too it. No mentions of fucking sheeps or school yard brats.

Yeah Puke, it is.

and yes, he does go 'I even sucked an old man's cock' ;)

:lol: , you read my mind. That's the exact line I was thinking of when I mentioned hearing the other lyrics of the song.

Ah, shit, I can't remember the name of the song, but the song by Discharge that Metallica performed on Garage Inc. along with Last Caress/Green Hell and So What.

Here's another angle we can take on this subject, how about punk songs covered by non-punk bands?

I quite like RHCP's cover of Havana Affair, by The Ramones originally.

Free Speech For The Dumb. I know there are a couple more punk covers on that CD besides the ones mentioned, aren't there?

MxPx-Barbie Girl

MxPx-Popeye The Sailorman

MxPx-My Boyfriend's Back

Rancid-La Bamba

I've also heard a Puff The Magic Dragon cover by an unkown band that has something about killing your parents in it that's pretty good.

Never heard Punk goes pop, i'll have to check it out. I have heard Punk Goes Acoustic, but isn't that mostly just original acoustic songs, or acoustic versions of the bands previous songs?

I belive there's also an album kicking around called, "Before they were Punk", which obviously is punk covers of songs that influenced the bands and stuff.

I belive there's also an album kicking around called, "Before they were Punk", which obviously is punk covers of songs that influenced the bands and stuff.

It's "Before YOU Were Punk" and it's got a good cover of "Turning Japanese" by No Use For A Name.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Apple Shampoo