AWA 90'

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Star Wrestling

Olympic Arena in Warroad, MN

6/23/90

Eric Bischoff: Ladies and gentleman, we're not wasting one moment of action tonight. Our opening match, right there in that ring, will feature The Trooper taking on Col. DeBeers!

Johnny Valiant: What about the main event? Ken Patera taking on The Nightstalker in a clash between two very large men!

Eric Bischoff: Right now, we've got Greg Gagne standing by with Col. DeBeers!

Sure enough, the cameras switch and Col. DeBeers is standing by backstage with Greg Gagne.

Greg Gagne: Colonel, tonight you take on The Trooper in what's been announced as a non-title match...

Col. DeBeers leans in closer, yelling as he answers.

Col. DeBeers: Non-title?! That shot should be mine right now! Trooper claims to be a defending champion, then why isn't the belt on the line!

Gagne backs up, trying to create space.

Greg Gagne: I really don't know Colonel...

Col. DeBeers: Well it should be! Trooper doesn't think I deserve a title shot? Fine! I'll show him! And after I win tonight, I'll become the top contender and I'll take that damn belt!

Greg Gagne: Well good lu-

Col. DeBeers: But tonight....haha....tonight, I've got something in store for the Trooper. Welcome...to....war.

With that, DeBeers shoves past Gagne, making his way to the ring for the opening bout.

Col. DeBeers vs. The Trooper

Trooper slides into the ring and goes right at DeBeers, who slides under the bottom rope, waiting for Trooper to calm down before getting back in. They lock up and DeBeers immediately locks in an armbar, twisting it around twice and yanking down hard. DeBeers walks Trooper over to the ropes and puts the arm over the top, then pulling it down, using the rope as pressure. DeBeers walks Trooper to the corner, putting his arm on the top turnbuckle, then ramming an elbow into it twice. DeBeers uses the arm to takedown Trooper and then locks in the armbar submission on the mat. Trooper's able to reach the bottom rope with his foot and DeBeers has to break the hold. Trooper gets to his feet and as DeBeers comes at him, he uses his right hand to the midsection of DeBeers, then again...and again before standing and DDTing DeBeers. Both men laid on the mat as Scott LeDoux proceeded to make the ten count. Trooper gets to his feet first and as DeBeers does, Trooper nails him with hard right hands, backing him into the ropes, sending him to the otherside and using a snap powerslam to get a quick two count on DeBeers. Trooper sends DeBeers again, this time back body dropping him and then dropkicking him as soon as he gets to his feet. Trooper calls out to the crowd, then heads to the top turnbuckle, poising himself. Trooper comes off with the flying shoulderblock, then makes the pin and gets the three count!

Winner: The Trooper

The Trooper celebrates with the crowd as he makes his way to the back. He disappears into the curtains as the scene goes to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Eric Bischoff: A nice win for the Trooper just before we went to commercial break.

Johnny Valiant: Having the North American Title seems to have rejuvenated Troop, made him recognize all that potential finally.

Eric Bischoff: Could he one day pose a challenge to the World Champion?

Johnny Valiant: Trooper may be good physically, but he's not on the level of Larry Zbysko mentally. Zbysko would have him beat before the bell even rang.

Eric Bischoff: That's a match I'd like to see in the future. But right now, we've got Scott Norton going one on one with the ultra-muscular Tommy Jammer!

Scott Norton vs. Tommy Jammer

Tommy Jammer nailed Norton right away, trying to gain an advantage against the bigger Norton. Jammer continued to nail Norton with right hands until Norton knocks him down with a short clothesline, flipping Jammer over. The crowd stood in awe as Norton reached down, picking Jammer up and sending him into the ropes, only to lift him into the air and bring him down with a gutbuster. Norton bounced off the ropes and delivered a big splash to Jammer, hooking the leg and watching as DeRusha makes the three count.

Winner: Scott Norton

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Eric Bischoff: Now you said earlier that Zbysko would beat Trooper before the bell even rang...does the same hold true for Greg "The Hammer" Valentine?

Johnny Valiant: He could beat the Trooper, but I dunno about before the bell rang....

Eric Bischoff: No you fool, can Zbysko handle him?

Johnny Valiant: I don't think there's anyone that Larry Zbysko can't handle Eric.

Eric Bischoff: Then why has he seemingly disappeared?

Johnny Valiant: He's a busy man. After all, he is the champ.

Eric Bischoff: Well Greg Valentine has made it very clear what his intentions here in AWA are. Zbysko may not be in the building, but Valentine's in the next match!

Greg Valentine vs. Jamie Magnum

Greg Valentine locks up with Magnum and instantly puts on a hammerlock, lifting up, then watches as Magnum spins out of it but walks right into a scoop slam. Valentine with a standing elbow drop, then stood up and delivered a double axe handle to the midsection of Magnum. Valentine drops a fist to Magnum's forehead, then goes for the cover, but Magnum manages to kick out at two. Valentine lifts Magnum to his feet, but Magnum pokes him in the eye, then runs his eyes across the top rope before using a side suplex to put Valentine down on the mat. Magnum bounced off the ropes and got big time air with an elbow drop, but Valentine rolled out of the way and Magnum got nothing but the mat. Valentine with a hanging vertical suplex on Magnum, then bounced off the ropes and delivered a knee to the forehead. Valentine signalled for and locked in the Figure Four while the crowd cheered. Magnum wasted no time in tapping out.

Winner: Greg Valentine

Valentine made his way up the aisle, but was stopped by Greg Gagne in the interview station. Valentine ignored Gagne, taking the microphone. He stood in front of an AWA backdrop, looking into the camera, a bead of sweat running down his face.

Greg Valentine: Looking around backstage, I can see that once again, that so called World Champion Larry Zbyszko has decided not to show his face. You can't avoid it forever Zbyszko, eventually you will have to step in the ring and defend the World Title against me. I'm not here to be another player Zbyszko, I'm here to be the best and that means going through you. Just over one month from now, on July 28th, AWA will be holding Superclash VI and that seems like the perfect place for my title shot. Consider this a challenge Legend, from me....to you. The Hammer's looking for ya Zbyszko and I'm not...going...away.

Valentine looked into the camera before walking off as the cameras faded to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Enigma vs. Buck Zumhoff

Zumhoff locked up with Enigma, taking him down to the mat and going for a facelock, but Enigma rolled over and got to his feet. As soon as Zumhoff did, he was met with a spinning kick to the face from Enigma. Enigma waited until Zumhoff was getting to his feet, then bounced off the ropes, flipping over Zumhoff and taking him down with reverse neckbreaker variation. Enigma had the crowd into the match already. Enigma pulled Zumhoff to his feet, but Zumhoff used an armdrag takedown, then another and finally a sliding dropkick to the side of Enigma. Zumhoff went for a pin, but Enigma easily kicked out. Zumhoff with a couple right hands to Enigma, then sent him into the corner. Enigma hit the corner, but instantly lifted himself up to the second turnbuckle. Zumhoff charged in anyways and Enigma flipped over him, using his feet and hooking Zumhoff's arms for a pinning combination, getting a two. Both men got to their feet. Enigma lifted Zumhoff in the air and down with a brainbuster. Enigma went up to the top rope and came off with a moonsault, connecting with Zumhoff and making the pin for the three count.

Winner: Enigma

Eric Bischoff: What a debut for Enigma!

Johnny Valiant: I don't know who that masked man is, but he definately envoked a very unique style in the ring.

Eric Bischoff: Kind of a hybrid fighter...

Johnny Valiant: Right, he didn't limit himself to one style. With moves like that, Enigma could become a player here in AWA.

Eric Bischoff: When we return, we've got the main event. It's Ken Patera taking on The Nightstalker, what a fight that will be!

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Ken Patera vs. Nightstalker

Patera got attacked as soon as he stepped through the ropes, Nightstalker hammering him in the back and driving him down to the canvas. Nightstalker went to work with the boots before dropping down and putting a two handed choke on Patera, trying to suffocate one half of the tag team champions. Bob Densmore pulled Nightstalker off, backing him into the ropes to admonish the big guy, but that allowed Ox Baker to reach in from the outside and continue the chokejob on Patera. Nightstalker finally lifted Ken off the mat, placing him in the corner, then used his boot to again choke the olympian, using all of the five count. Patera started to slump, but Nightstalker charged in. Patera saw him coming and moved out of the way. Patera grabbed Nightstalker from behind and planted him with a spinning belly to back suplex! Patera got up to his feet, bouncing off the ropes and delivered a shoulderblock that took Nightstalker right off his feet! Patera stood by the ropes, waiting on Nightstalker to get up. Nightstalker did but when Patera charged, Baker grabbed his foot, stopping him. Patera turned and kicked at Baker, backing him up, but when he turned back around, he walked right into a kick to the midsection from Nightstalker. Nightstalker lifted Patera onto his shoulder and held him there, pulling down on his midsection, using it as a submission. Realizing Patera wasn't going to give up that way, Nightstalker stood him back on his feet. Nightstalker missed a clothesline and Patera again tried to come off the ropes. This time Baker grabbed him hard enough that Patera did a faceplant in the middle of the ring. Getting up slowly, he walked right into the powerbomb from the Nightstalker, which led to a three count.

Winner: Nightstalker

As Nightstalker got his hand raised by Bob Densmore, the crowd was on their feet, watching the aisleway where Marc Mero was making his way down, pointing his finger and shaking his head. He slid into the ring and Densmore looked at him...obviously perplexed. Mero pointed to Ox Baker on the outside, then seemingly signalled that Baker tripped Patera. Densmore looked at Baker, who denied such actions. Mero again told Densmore what happened, then turned to point at Nightstalker, but Nightstalker kicked him in the midsection, lifted Marc Mero into the air, then powerbombed him to the canvas. All Star Wrestling faded to black with Mero laid out in the ring.

6/25/90

The big buzz around the Wrestling World was on Ron Simmons and where he was going to sign. His contract was set to expire at the end of July and we all pretty much knew that he was the type of guy that a fed could be built around. I knew that Verne would never give Simmons what he wants financially, so I didn't even bring it up. A new company, however, not only brought it up but made an offer to steal Simmons away from NWA.

JR Foley, known for his time in Stampede Wrestling, led a group of financial backers in opening up a promotion based out of Kansas City called World Championship Wrestling. Foley himself didn't strike fear into me, but as soon as I saw who he hired as his head booker, I knew they could become a major player. Jimmy Hart, the man I wanted to bring into AWA, had agreed to help build WCW and his first move was making a huge offer to Ron Simmons. I was about to call Jimmy and see if he'd heard back from Simmons when Eric opened the door to my office. I put the phone back down and looked up at my boss. He really did have some good ideas, but Eric was obsessed with attention and personal glory. I wanted his job and I knew that all it would take is one screw up. But for now, Eric was the one leading AWA into the future and I'd stand by this company no matter what, even if it means playing second fiddle to him.

Eric Bischoff: Hey Sophie, we got a problem.

Sophie: A problem Eric?

Eric Bischoff: Tony Halme's been offered a contract by the NWA.

Sophie: Is he going?

Eric Bischoff: I don't know, he just told me that they contacted him about signing.

Sophie: So you haven't sat him down, seen what's on his mind?

Eric Bischoff: No, I came straight to you.

Dealing with Bischoff was always a special treat. I never knew what would come out of his mouth. Anyone who knows anything knows that the first thing you do is find out what's on the wrestler's mind. The more time you give them, the less wanted they feel and the more likely they are to leave.

Sophie: Eric, the first thing you need to do is sit down with Tony, feel him out, make him feel wanted.

Eric Bischoff: Ok....

Sophie: And then you need to go to Verne and get him to approve the counter-offer.

Eric nodded his head and stepped out of the room. Just three seconds later, the door opened back up.

Sophie: Eric, really-

I stopped in mid-sentence because it wasn't Eric this time. Standing in the doorway was John Nord. I stood up, motioning him to a seat, wondering what he was doing here.

Sophie: How are ya?

John hesitated before he answered.

John Nord: Honestly, not too well maam.

Sophie: Oh? What's on your mind John?

John Nord: This whole thing coming up, I just see myself getting buried.

I knew what he was referring to and couldn't help but agree with him. The way it was set up, it did look like he'd get buried. John was a good guy, a company guy, but he really didn't have a great workrate and couldn't get over with the crowd. I put on my best sympathy smile and looked him in the eyes.

Sophie: I know.

He seemed surprised at my honesty. Apparently, he expected some line of bull about him being a featured player.

Sophie: You know how the business works. The crowd's just having a hard time with you right now. Until we find a way to fix that, there's not much we can do.

John nodded his head as he stood up. He shook my hand, then headed out, stopping at the door for one last comment.

John Nord: I appreciate your honesty, but believe me, I will find a way.

I swallowed and chuckled to myself. I knew he wanted to be a star, but I also knew, he just didn't have it in him.

All Star Wrestling

Proctor Arena in Duluth, MN

6/30/90

Eric Bischoff: Hello folks and welcome once again to All Star Wrestling, right here on ESPN! I'm Eric Bischoff alongside the ever stylish Johnny Valiant.

Johnny Valiant: A man with a style is a man who will never be alone Eric, remember that.

Eric Bischoff: I'll uh, put it in my notebook.

Johnny Valiant: Wise man.

Eric Bischoff: I can't believe this, but the action has already started Johnny! I'm getting that word that Greg Valentine is backstage...

The cameras switch to a scene backstage, but it's not Greg Valentine warming up or with a microphone. The Hammer's laid out on the concrete floor, his gym bag laying next to him. He lays motionless while the camera returns to Bischoff and Valiant.

Eric Bischoff: Something's gotta be done folks. Someone get Greg Valentine some help please! Who could have done that Johnny? Who?

Johnny Valiant: Relax Eric, you don't even know if anyone did that. He could have tripped and fell ya know...

Eric Bischoff: You don't get knocked out cold by falling Johnny, someone got to Valentine and I wanna know who!

Johnny Valiant: Well, I can tell you that it wasn't Col. DeBeers. He's standing by with Greg Gagne...

Again, the cameras go backstage...this time to what most would consider a more pleasant scene. Greg Gagne's standing in front of an AWA banner, Col. DeBeers next to him. DeBeers pulls the sunglasses off his face, which is contorted in anger.

Greg Gagne: Colonel, I don't know how you did it, but somehow you've got a re-match with The Trooper and tonight, if you can beat him, you will earn yourself another North American Title shot, this time at Superclash VI!

DeBeers looks at Gagne, then shoves him out of the picture.

Col. DeBeers: You don't know how I did it? Trooper knows, AWA knows, everyone else now knows that the Colonel...means....business. All of these whiny pieces of crap wanting to be the best, but they don't have the credentials. They haven't led a group of cowards into battle and turned them into warriors. They've never watched a man die right in front of them. This isn't wrestling. This is war. And in war...I don't lose. Trooper, I'll see you in the ring.

With that, DeBeers stepped out of the picture and started making his way toward the ring as the crowd was ready for the opening bout.

The Trooper vs. Col. DeBeers

Trooper started things off by ducking a sneak attack from DeBeers, then rocking him with multiple right hands, backing DeBeers into the ropes. Trooper went for a clothesline, but DeBeers bent down and lifted Trooper up and over the top rope. Trooper lands hard on the outside, but once he slowly gets to his feet, DeBeers reaches over the top rope and pulls Trooper up to the apron. Trooper drives his shoulder into DeBeers midsection, then flips over the top rope, looking for a sunset flip. DeBeers claps his boots together and breaks the pinfall. DeBeers and Trooper meet in the middle of the ring with a flurry of right hands. DeBeers with a knee to the midsection stops the flurry and then elbows Trooper in the back of the neck, bringing him down to one knee. DeBeers sizes up DeBeers, then drives a running knee into the side of Trooper's head, knocking him to his back on the mat. DeBeers stomps at his midsection, then rolls the North American champion over, slapping on a camel clutch in the middle of the ring. Trooper screams out, but tries to fight off this notoriously vile move. He reaches, but cannot reach the ropes. DeBeers yanks back and Trooper maneuvers his body, trying to bring his legs closer to the ropes. He's finally able to get his foot on the bottom rope and Scott Ledoux forces DeBeers to break the hold, much to his disappointment. DeBeers says something to Ledoux, then pulls Trooper off the mat, placing him in the corner. DeBeers yells out to the crowd, then drives a forearm into Trooper. DeBeers sends Trooper into the opposite corner, charging in and connecting with a clothesline. DeBeers then lifts Trooper up with a vertical suplex, but Trooper switches the momentum and slides down the back of DeBeers, pushing him chest first into the corner. Trooper dropkicks DeBeers in the back of the knees, bringing him down so his head rests on the second turnbuckle. Trooper with a knee to the back of DeBeers, then looks for a pin, but can't even get a two. Trooper bodyslams DeBeers, then climbs up to the top turnbuckle. The crowd's on their feet in anticipation and they don't even see Mister Hughes coming down the aisle! Ledoux is checking on DeBeers when Hughes hops up on the apron, then drives a right hand into the forehead of Trooper! Trooper falls off the top turnbuckle, landing awkwardly in the ring. DeBeers gets back up, watching as Trooper does the same...slowly. DeBeers hits Trooper with the facebuster, then hooks the leg and gets the three count.

Winner: Col. DeBeers

Hughes slides into the ring, helping DeBeers to his feet. DeBeers sees the dark man and smiles. Hughes stands at attention and salutes the Colonel, who returns the gesture. The two stand in the ring as the scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Eric Bischoff: Before we went to break, it was Colonel DeBeers earning himself a North American title shot at Superclash VI, but the bigger story is that Mr. Hughes has apparently alligned himself with the Colonel!

Johnny Valiant: Hughes has been looking for a place to fit in, maybe the discipline from DeBeers will benefit him.

Eric Bischoff: This isn't the military Johnny, this is AWA.

Johnny Valiant: Ah, but the military has eyes everywhere Bischoff....everywhere.

Eric Bischoff: They don't have eyes backstage, but Greg Gagne does and he's got the tag team champions with him!

Backstage, Ken Patera and Brad Rheingans stand with the tag team titles around their waists. Gagne goes to ask Rheingans a question, but Patera interrupts and grabs Gagne's wrist, pulling the mic towards himself.

Ken Patera: Last week, Nightstalker and Ox Baker....you screwed me! Nightstalker, I want a re-match, one on one, no interference!

Rheingans steps forward, grabbing the mic from Patera.

Brad Rheingans: Whoa whoa.....uh....Ken, we've got a tag match up next. How about we focus on that?

Ken nods his head in agreement, but doesn't quite agree.

Ken Patera: I understand that, but this guy...he embarassed-

Patera's attention is drawn away as he looks up. The camera whirls around to find Jim Powers and Paul Roma, the Young Stallions, walking towards the Olympians. Powers sizes up Rheingans while Roma gently grabs the mic, smiling a confident smile.

Paul Roma: Maybe you should listen to your partner Chief, you wouldn't want anything to happen to those pretty little tag titles.

Roma looks at Powers, then laughs and turns back to Patera.

Paul Roma: At least...not yet.

Patera looks like he wants to go after Roma, but Rheingans puts his hand on his chest, stopping him.

Brad Rheingans: We got a match.

Patera reluctantly went with Rheingans to defend the AWA Tag Team Titles.

The Olympians vs. The Lumberjacks

Rheingans starts the match off locking up with Norton. They fight to a standstill, neither man giving up an inch. Norton locks up with Rheingans again, this time driving him back into the ropes. Rheingans spins it around and has Norton against the ropes before driving a forearm into his chin. Rheingans sends Norton into the opposite corner, trying to take Norton down with a clothesline. Norton barely moves and Rheingans tries again. This time, Norton thunders forward and takes Rheingans down with a clothesline of his own before tagging in John Nord. Nord kicked Rheingans in the midsection, backing him into the corner. Nord charged in with a jumping knee, but Rheingans moves. Nord knees the turnbuckle and Rheingans brings in Patera, who rocks Nord with a series of right hands before planting him with a scoop slam. Patera turns and hits Norton too, then helps Nord off the mat. Patera tags in Rheingans, then sends Nord into the ropes. Patera and Rheingans connect with a double back elbow, dropping Nord. Rheingans makes the cover, but Norton steps into the ring and breaks it up. Rheingans remains in control despite the Norton help. He drops Nord with a vertical suplex, then goes for a pin but again Norton breaks it up. Rheingans gets in Norton's face, then allows Nord to make the tag. Rheingans challenges Norton to a challenge of strength. They lock hands and for a moment, neither man gains an advantage. Norton finally starts to get a bit of advantage, then backs Rheingans into the corner, driving his knees into Brad repeatedly. Norton heaves Rheingans out of the corner, then tags in John Nord. Nord drops an elbow to the center of Rheingans chest, then stands him up. Nord sends Rheingans into the ropes, then attempts a big boot. Rheingans ducks it, then bounces off the ropes and takes Nord down with a flying shoulderblock. Rheingans hooks the leg and gets the three count.

Winner: The Olympians

Scott Norton steps through the ropes slowly, looking down at Nord and shaking his head while the cameras head to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

The scene comes back to find Larry Zbysko standing in the center of the ring, the AWA World Title around his waist. You can tell he's been jawing with the crowd and they're really giving it to him. Zbysko pats the belt, then looks around the building.

Larry Zbysko: You peons are all the same. You all waste your time wishing things would change, hoping that the nice guy can come out on top. You hang your hopes and dreams on your "hero" and then go home disappointed when I beat him. All because you have nothing fulfilling in your own, personal lives. Sad.

Zbysko puts the mic down as the boos rain in from all over the arena. He smiles to himself before continuing.

Larry Zbysko: And while I'm relaxing after my latest successful title defense...nice try by the way Saito...what do I see? Greg "The Hammer" Valentine-

Zbysko stops as the crowd pops semi-big for Valentine. Zbysko definately acts like the pop is bigger than it really is.

Larry Zbysko: Greg "The Hammer" Valentine calling me out, knowing I wasn't in the building. But I'm here tonight and where is your hero? He knew I was coming and he decided to hide like the coward he truly is. He missed his chance because I am going to defend the World Title tonight, but obviously not against Valentine. Valentine, you just blew your only shot.

Zbysko drops the mic and hands the ref the bell. The crowd is waiting to see who the opponent is when the music for Doug Furnas hits and out walks the undersized competitor. He slaps some hands on his way to the ring.

Eric Bischoff: Zbysko saying that Valentine blew his shot, but I think it was Zbysko who eliminated Valentine earlier this evening!

Johnny Valiant: Don't go around making claims to things that you can't prove Bischoff, you can get in trouble that way.

Eric Bischoff: It had to have been Zbysko, who else has a grudge against Valentine?

Johnny Valiant: Unless you can prove it, it's better left unsaid.

Eric Bischoff: Yea well....Zbysko set to defend the World Title against Doug Furnas, who gives up some height, but makes up for it with pure ability. This should be a good one.

Larry Zbysko vs. Doug Furnas

Zbysko waits for Furnas to get in the ring and as soon as Furnas goes to lock up, Zbysko sidesteps it and shoves Furnas to the ground, wiping his hands clean in mocking fashion. Zbysko goes to do it again, but Furnas manages to hold onto Zbysko's leg, taking Zbysko down. Furnas rolls it over into a half boston crab, but Zbysko's close enough to the ropes that he gets there, hugging the bottom one. Furnas breaks the hold and gets to his feet, only to run into a punch to the midsection from Zbysko, who lifts Furnas up with a suplex, then drops him midsection first across the top rope. Zbysko runs his knee into Furnas' face, then pulls him into the ring. Zbysko drops a knee across the forehead of Furnas, then does it again. He goes for a third, but stalls by jawing with a fan. That gives Furnas enough time to roll out of the way and Zbysko goes knee first to the mat. Furnas is able to grab Zbysko from behind, german suplexing Zbysko to the mat. Furnas stands poised and ready as Zbysko gets back to his feet, then dropkicks him. Zbysko goes down and Furnas quickly goes for the cover, only getting a two. Furnas pulls Zbysko to his feet, using an overhead belly to belly to send Zbysko flying. Furnas takes Zbysko down to the mat with an armdrag, but Zbysko rolls out of an armbar. Both men get to their feet and Zbysko clocks Furnas with a hard left closed fist, knocking Furnas down. Furnas gets back to his feet, charging at Zbysko who lifts him up and straight back down with a modified spinebuster. Zbysko catches his breath and again, both men get to their feet. Furnas steps forward, but Zbysko grabs him by the tights, pulling him face first into the corner. Zbysko pulls his head down and lifts him up, then straight down with a modified reverse brainbuster. Zbysko locks in a front facelock. Furnas struggles, trying to get out of it, but Zbysko has it locked in and Furnas finally taps out.

Winner: Larry Zbysko

Zbysko grabs his World Title and raises it as the commercials roll.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Eric Bischoff: We're back and I hope you're strapped into your seats ladies and gentlemen, this is gonna be a fight to remember.

Johnny Valiant: Or a slaughter. Saito couldn't beat Zbysko, how's he going to handle Bigelow?

Eric Bischoff: Saito'll put up a fight.

Johnny Valiant: But a fight may not be enough. He's going to have to pull out something special.

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Masa Saito

Bam Bam tossed Saito into the corner, then charged in but missed a clothesline. Saito turned Bigelow so his back was in the corner, then started chopping his chest. Bam Bam took the chops, then turned it around and put Saito in the corner, driving his forearm into Saito's chest. Saito took the blows but reversed it again, driving hard stiff forearms into Bigelow's chest before sending him into the opposite corner. Saito charges in with an avalanche but Bigelow catches him in the air and slams him forward. Bigelow stands up and drops a headbutt to the shoulder of Saito, going for a cover, but not even getting two. Bam Bam helps Saito to his feet, bodyslamming him to the mat, then backing himself up to the second turnbuckle. Saito gets back to his feet and Bam Bam jumps off with a double axe handle, knocking Saito down again and again going for a cover, only getting a two count. Bam Bam picks Saito up again but this time Saito grabs Bam Bam and surprises him with a quick belly to belly suplex. Both men get to their feet and Saito misses a right hand. Bam Bam looks for maybe a belly to belly of his own, but Saito drops to his knees with a jawbreaker, bringign the jaw of Bigelow down on top of his head. Saito gets back to his feet, pushes Bam Bam back, then nails him with a short clothesline, barely moving Bigelow. Saito backs up and nails him with another one, this time knocking him into the ropes. Saito with a third clothesline takes Bigelow up and over the top rope and Saito goes over with him! The ref starts the ten count while both men get to their feet. Bigelow with a right hand, Saito with a chop, Bigelow sends Saito into the guardrail, Bigelow charges and gets lifted up and over the guardrail. Saito and Bigelow keep fighting as Densmore reaches ten and rules this a double countout!

Winner: Draw

The fight continues as the scene fades to black.

Nice to see this back TP, you've been added to my sig already. The two shows you've put have been good, I enjoyed both but nothing really stood out and made me take notice, I still feel you're missing the mark by a bit, especially with the characters, more character development for a lot of the main guys is something I believe you need to work on. I mean I know more about the guys backstage than a lot of the workers, and that just isn't right. The Valentine/Zybsyko angle seems to be coming along nicely however and it would seem Nord and Norton are about to feud... Which could be interesting.

Good luck with the diary man

NBT

All Star Wrestling

St. Michael-Albertville Arena in Albertville, MN

July 7th, 1990

Larry Zbysko putting a boston crab on Masa Saito at Superclash V. The Trooper raising the North American Title. Nightstalker powerbombing Al Snow. Magnus Vaara lifting the massive Gary Albright in the torture rack. The images of AWA flash across the screen one by one, stirring memories in the minds of fans everywhere. Finally, Vaara fades away and the words "All Star Wrestling" appear. They crumble away into Eric Bischoff and Johnny Valiant sitting ringside.

Eric Bischoff: How about that Johnny Valiant, our brand new opening and boy does it get my mind racing.

Johnny Valiant: There's a lot of competition in AWA right now and that video package shows it.

Eric Bischoff: Last week's main event was a perfect demonstration when Bam Bam Bigelow and Masa Saito went one on one. Let's see the footage.

The tape rolls and you see Bigelow and Saito both trying to get to their feet on the outside. Bob Densmore starts the ten count while both men get to their feet. Bigelow with a right hand, Saito with a chop, Bigelow sends Saito into the guardrail, Bigelow charges and gets lifted up and over the guardrail. Saito and Bigelow keep fighting as Densmore reaches ten and rules this a double countout! The tape ends and Bischoff looks to Valiant.

Eric Bischoff: That's one fight that's surely going to continue.

Johnny Valiant: I can only hope. Watchin two guys go at it like that, that's what this business is all about.

Eric Bischoff: I'm sure we'll get that chance, but right now, it's Bam Bam Bigelow in action, taking on Buck Zumhofe.

Johnny Valiant: I have a feeling we're not going to see another draw...

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Buck Zumhofe

Bigelow doesn't lock up with Zumhofe, instead opting for a right hand to the side of his head, knocking Zumhofe off balance. Bigelow continues the assault, backing Zumhofe into the corner before sandwiching him with a two arm clap (ala Vader). Bigelow repeats the double arm clap, then walks to the middle of the ring, raising his arms and prompting boos from the crowd. He turns to charge into Zumhofe, but is met with a dropkick from Buck! The crowd pops and Buck feeds off the energy, bouncing off the ropes and running into Bigelow with a flying clothesline, knocking Bigelow into the ropes. Buck charges again, but Bigelow lifts Buck up and drops him throat first across the top rope. Bigelow with an elbow to the back of Buck's head, then drops him to the mat with a side suplex. Bigelow catches a quick breath, then helps Buck to his feet, lifting him into the air and down with a michinoku driver. Bigelow stands up, looks down at Zumhofe to make sure he's staying, then steps through the ropes and climbs the turnbuckles on the outside. He puts one foot on the top turnbuckle, then pushes himself off, connecting with a huge diving headbutt. Bigelow makes the cover and easily gets the three count.

Winner: Bam Bam Bigelow

Bigelow rolls out of the ring while the scene fades to commercials.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

As the scene fades back in, Col. DeBeers is seen standing next to his new associate, Mister Hughes, who's dressed in similar military gear. Both men stand in front of the AWA backdrop with Greg Gagne holding the mic.

Greg Gagne: Colonel, you earned a shot against The Trooper last week, but you did so with the help of this man, Mister Hugh-

DeBeers interrupts Gagne in mid-sentence.

Col. DeBeers: That's Corporal!

DeBeers looks at Hughes.

Col. DeBeers: Hughes. This man is the foundation for what will become the strongest force in wrestling Greg Gagne.

Gagne looks puzzled, but opens his mouth anyway.

Greg Gagne: The strongest force?

DeBeers raises his voice, catching Gagne off guard with the yelling.

Col. DeBeers: DON'T ASK QUESTIONS....

DeBeers pauses, smiling at Gagne in a sick sorta way.

Col. DeBeers: ...that you don't want the answer to.

Gagne looks at Hughes, then at DeBeers and decides to shut up.

Col. DeBeers: As I was saying, Corporal Hughes is the first to enlist, but there will be more. They're will be more weak souls looking for discipline, looking for leadership, and looking for victory. And as far as The Trooper's concerned, heh....right now, he's the enemy. And we always...have the enemy...in our sights.

DeBeers looks to Hughes, who just cracks his knuckles and contorts his face while the camera goes up to the ring for the next match.

Young Stallions vs. The Lumberjacks

Paul Roma stepped into the ring with Scott Norton, looking at the big man. Roma put his hand up as if wanting to test strength with Norton, but when Norton put his up, Roma backed away, laughing. Norton yelled and Roma turned, catching him off guard with a boot to the midsection. Two straight dropkicks knocked Norton back, but then Roma got overconfident and tried a bodyslam. Unable to lift Norton, Roma was instead hammered down to the canvas. Norton stomped away and then dropped his tricep into Roma's forehead. Norton dropped another one and then saw Nord wanting a tag. Norton looked at Roma, then at Nord, then decided to make the tag. Nord used a kneedrop to keep Roma in place, but missed a legdrop. Roma rolled over and managed to bring in Jim Powers, the stronger of the duo. Powers lifted Nord into the air with a scoop slam, then landed a big splash, but only got two. Powers got caught with a spinning back elbow by Nord, who tagged in Norton. Norton ducked a right hand from Powers, then belly to belly suplexed him, landing on top for extra impact. Norton hooked the leg, but he only managed a two count himself. Norton picked Powers up, sending him into the ropes and then running him over with a standing clothesline. Norton brought in Nord, then directed him where to go. With Nord on the other side of the ring, Norton sent Powers over. Powers ducked under the big boot, tagged Roma, came off the ropes and took Norton out with a clothesline! Roma came off the top rope with a bulldog to Nord, then rolled him over and made the tag. Scott Ledoux made the pin and Roma rolled out of the ring before Norton could extract revenge.

Winner: Young Stallions

On the outside, Powers and Roma hugged in celebration, then raised each other's arm in victory.

Eric Bischoff: The losing streak continues for the Lumberjacks and Scott Norton seems pretty upset about it.

Johnny Valiant: He's ripping off that red flanel, what's he doing?

Eric Bischoff: He threw his red flanel over John Nord's body and yelled something. He's just leaving Nord in the ring!

Johnny Valiant: This doesn't look good Eric.

Eric Bischoff: Not if you're John Nord. Scott Norton has apparently had enough and he's making his way to the back...alone!

The cameras focus in on Norton shaking his head before heading to commercial break.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

The cameras show a replay of Norton throwing his red flanel down on John Nord before focusing in on Eric Bischoff and Johnny Valiant.

Eric Bischoff: A situation is brewing between Norton and Nord, but hopefully they can fix things and get back into the title scene.

Johnny Valiant: It doesn't look good Eric, it doesn't look good.

Eric Bischoff: Nightstalker making his way down to the ring. After what he did to Marc Mero, I don't think anyone wants to get in the ring with this beast.

Johnny Valiant: Nightstalker alone isn't so bad. Nightstalker directed by Ox Baker is scary.

The Nightstalker vs. DJ Peterson

Nightstalker took three right hands from Peterson who was trying to gain an early advantage, but Nightstalker took the blows and smiled before shoving Peterson to the mat with one hand. Nightstalker stood over Peterson and as soon as he stands up, Nightstalker grabs him by the throat, lifting him into a gorilla press. Peterson wiggled out and managed to drop to the mat behind Nightstalker, rolling him up for a quick two count. Nightstalker got back up and went right after Peterson, who dropkicked Nightstalker in the kneecap, dropping him to the mat. Nightstalker got back up and again, in a fit of anger, went right for Peterson, who sidestepped Nightstalker, then pulled his feet out from under him. Peterson lifted himself up to the second turnbuckle. He waits for Nightstalker to get up, then comes off with a double axe handle. Nightstalker catches him and drops him with an atomic drop before driving him to the mat with a falling clothesline. Nightstalker hooks the leg, but Peterson kicks out at two. Nightstalker drives a right hand into Peterson's forehead, then peels him off the mat, standing him against the ropes. Nightstalker with a thunderous forearm into the chest of Peterson, followed by an irish whip and a powerslam that shakes the ring. Nightstalker hooks the leg again, but Peterson still kicks out. Nightstalker goes for another irish whip. Peterson ducks a clothesline and comes off the other side with a cross body. Nightstalker catches him and brings him over his knee with a backbreaker. Nightstalker stands ready as Peterson gets up slowly. A kick to the midsection is followed by the powerbomb and a three count.

Winner: The Nightstalker

The Nightstalker stands over Peterson while Ox Baker steps into the ring. He has a microphone and looks around the arena.

Ox Baker: Again, you have seem a demonstration of destruction. Example one was Marc Mero. Now he's sitting at home playing with his golden gloves, nothing more than a victim of The Nightstalker. DJ Peterson, you're victim number 2. Get him up!

On command, Nightstalker lifts Peterson to his feet, then up into the air and down with another ring-shaking powerbomb. Baker smiles and laughs before dropping the mic. Scene fades to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Masa Saito vs. Billy Robinson

The former British amateur champion locked up with Saito, putting on a side headlock. Saito shoves him off into the ropes and Robinson knocks him down with a shoulderblock. Robinson bounces off the ropes, hops over Saito, then Saito takes him down with an armdrag, holding the armbar as the crowd applauds the brief exhibition. Saito extends the arm, but Robinson gets up to his feet. Saito sends Robinson into the ropes, but when he goes for a back body drop, Robinson kicks him in the chest, then hooks him with a neck and shoulder suplex. Robinson makes the cover, but Saito kicks out at two. Robinson uses a go behind, then plants Saito chest first into the mat, locking in a half nelson, showing his amateur ability. Saito rolls over and grabs the bottom rope, breaking the hold. They get to their feet and Saito plants Robinson with a release overhead belly to belly suplex. Saito goes for a pin, but Robinson kicks out. The fans all stand on their feet and when the camera adjusts, Bam Bam Bigelow can be seen standing in front of the curtains, arms crossed, watching. Saito sees Bigelow and points to him. That allows Robinson to roll Saito up from behind, but Saito manages to kick out. Robinson to his feet, but walks right into a Saito suplex from Saito! He makes the pin and Bob Densmore makes the three count.

Winner: Masa Saito

Bam Bam Bigelow is seen nodding his head in approval. Saito leans out over the top rope, pointing at Bigelow, shouting at him. Bigelow just backs through the curtains as the commercials roll.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Eric Bischoff: Well folks, it's been another great night-

Johnny Valiant: Wait just a minute Eric, what's that?

Eric Bischoff: That's Greg Valentine's music! What's he doing coming out here?

Greg Valentine makes his way through the curtains, sliding into the ring with a small bandage on his head. He grabs the microphone and looks towards the curtain.

Greg Valentine: Larry Zbysko! I know you laid me out last week you yellow bellied coward, now get out here and take what you got comin'!

Valentine doesn't have to go any further. Larry Zbysko follows his music out and stands in front of the curtains, soaking in the boos as he pats the World Title. He has a microphone of his own and looks towards Valentine.

Larry Zbysko: Whoa there tough guy. Before you go get your cousin and his trusty hound "Blue", I got a bit of footage from last week that will clear things up. Go ahead and roll it.

The video package rolls, showing Greg Valentine laid out on the ground.

Larry Zbysko: Looks familiar, right? Now let's see where I was while this was going on. There just happened to be a camera in the parking garage and well...go ahead and roll that.

Another video rolls, showing an Oldsmobile pulling into the parking garage. The driver's side door opens up and out steps Larry Zbysko. The footage pauses.

Larry Zbysko: Now if you'd throw it up on the split screen, you'll see that the time matches. While you were attacked and out, I hadn't even arrived.

The crowd starts talking amongst themselves, obviously trying to figure out what to make of this.

Eric Bischoff: Well if Larry Zbysko didn't attack Greg Valentine, then who?

Johnny Valiant: I don't know Eric, but Valentine looks confused in the-

Eric Bischoff: Wait a second, it's Magnus Vaara!

Magnus Vaara slides into the ring behind Valentine, clotheslining him in the back of the head. Vaara stomps away at Valentine as Zbysko starts walking towards the ring. Vaara is stomping the life out of Valentine in the corner and then finally lifts him back to his feet. Zbysko steps through the ropes just as Vaara is lifting Valentine into the torture rack. Vaara has Valentine up and is shaking his limp body. Zbysko stands right next to him, watching Valentine, smiling. He puts the mic back to his mouth.

Larry Zbysko: Just because I didn't do it...doesn't mean I didn't set it up.

Zbysko stands watching the violent scene as All Star Wrestling fades to black.

TEW Rating: 38.3%

Edited by Typical Phenom

Aw, hell yeah. Vintage Zbyszko, and Vaara makes an excellent hatchet man. DeBeers and Hughes can fill right into the tag division where the Lumberjacks leave an opening, and maybe the Col. can become a double champ?

Alright, maybe not, but I can hope...I always enjoyed DeBeers. Nice show, TP, and I will eagerly anticipate the crisply wrestled technical masterpiece that will be Nord v. Norton... :shifty:

"Verne, relax. You trusted me with this job, now trust my decisions."

I opened the door to Eric's office and looked at the 32 year old boss. Eric motioned for me to come on in, then wrapped up his phone call.

Eric Bischoff: It's going to work, ok? I gotta go, but I'll give you a call tomorrow.

It didn't appear he even waited for a response, instead just hanging up on the legendary Verne Gagne.

Sophie: Problems with Mr. Gagne?

Eric Bischoff: He doesn't think a wrestling show should end the way All Star Wrestling ended this week.

Sophie: You mean without a main event?

Eric Bischoff: Without in-ring action.

I nodded my head. To Eric, Masa Saito and Billy Robinson was a main event, just not at the end of the show.

Sophie: I gotta admit, I was a little bit surprised by the ending myself.

Eric Bischoff: We've got to make people want to tune in next week. This leaves an impression in their mind.

Sophie: I think we could accomplish the same thing with a match is all I'm saying.

Eric Bischoff: We're not in a position where keeping things the way they are is going to work. We need to make waves in the industry or we're going to go broke.

Sophie: I understand that-

Eric Bischoff: The viewership has gone up every single week since I took over.

Again, I just nodded my head. I didn't want this to turn into an argument. Frankly, I knew that he'd been successful thus far, I just didn't necessarily agree with the way he had gone about it.

Eric Bischoff: Did you need something Sophie?

Sophie: Oh. Yeah. I was just coming to let you know about a situation.

Eric Bischoff: A situation?

Sophie: Apparently Saito was upset with Ledoux blowing a couple of spots in the ring and confronted him.

Eric Bischoff: And Scott being the quick-tempered Texan that he is...

Sophie: Exactly, they got into a shouting match and now Saito is saying he doesn't want Ledoux to ref anymore of his matches.

Eric Bischoff: Perfect, heh. Alright, go ahead and let both of them know that I want to meet with them this week, together.

Sophie: Sure thing.

I left the room, but couldn't help but wonder if the stress from striving to be the top promotion was causing the backstage problems. I couldn't remember ever having these problems when Mr. Gagne was around.

All Star Wrestling

River Lakes Civic Arena in Richmond, MN

July 14th, 1990

All Star Wrestling fades into the announce crew of Eric Bischoff and Johnny Valiant.

Eric Bischoff: Johnny, we've got a debut to start things off. Chris Adams and Dave Taylor, known collectively as the First Class Connection, are wrestling their first AWA match!

Johnny Valiant: More foreigners making their way into the AWA?

Eric Bischoff: This is where the World's best come to gather.

Johnny Valiant: As long as they can get it on in the ring, then it's ok by me.

Eric Bischoff: Let's find out!

First Class Connection vs. Texas Hangmen

It's evident that the fans simply don't care about the Texas Hangmen...at all. The response for Chris Adams and Dave Taylor was minimal, but they surprisingly got a few pops. Adams offered Psycho a handshake, but got turned down. Psycho went for a right hand, but found himself on the recieving end of a hip toss instead. Adams got beautiful extension on a dropkick, then tagged in Dave Taylor, who allowed Psycho to bring in his partner. Killer got taken down with a back body drop and then Taylor executed a hanging vertical suplex. It was all First Class Connection at this point and the crowd seemed to be getting into them more and more. Taylor tagged in Chris Adams, holding Killer in an abdominal stretch and allowing Adams to exercise a sidekick. Psycho came in the ring, but Adams ran him through the ropes, then Adams and Taylor both lifted Killer up and then down with a double reverse suplex. Taylor made sure Psycho stayed outside while Adams got an easy three count.

Winner: First Class Connection in 9:00 (39.1%)

The cameras go backstage where Ken Patera and Brad Rheingans, the Olympians, are watching the monitors. Brad turns to Patera, holding his half of the tag titles.

Brad Rheingans: Those guys are gon' be good Kenny.

Patera looks back at the monitor and First Class Connection celebrating their victory.

Ken Patera: Good, but not Olympic good. They'll just be another challenge to successfully fight off.

A loud throat clearing is heard off in the distance. The Olympians whirl around and find themselves facing the Young Stallions, who are walking up. Roma looks at Powers.

Paul Roma: You hear something about a challenge Jimbo?

Jim Powers: I think I did Paulie.

Paul Roma: You uh, see any challengers around here Jimbo?

Powers looks around.

Jim Powers: Only people I see are us Paulie.

Roma nods his head.

Paul Roma: Then WHY....are these two "champions" talking about challengers and NOT referring to the Young Stallions?

Jim Powers: That's a mighty fine question.

Roma looks at Patera and Rheingans.

Paul Roma: Now if you two could focus yourselves on the real issue at hand...we want our chance to win those pretty little belts.

Patera goes to respond, but's cut off by Roma.

Paul Roma: And it's not up for debate.

Rheingans whispers something to Patera, who turns back to Roma.

Ken Patera: Next week is Superclash VI. You want to get tossed around the ring, show up, we'll take care of the tossing.

After that fine example of why Patera shouldn't be given a mic, the scene faded to commercial.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Upon the return to the show, World Champion Larry Zbysko was standing in the ring, microphone in hand.

Larry Zbysko: If all of you under-educated, under-achieving slackers could shut up for one moment, I've got some important business to conduct.

Zbysko, of course, is met by more boos.

Larry Zbysko: Now that I've ridded myself of that good ol' boy Greg Valentine, I can move on to giving title shots to those World class athletes who truly deserve an opportunity at this most prestigious belt.

Zbysko pauses, looking out to the crowd, loving how he can play them like a fiddle.

Larry Zbysko: Superclash VI is next Saturday and here I am without an opponent. The way I see it, there are a lot of fine-tuned wrestlers back there who have spent their careers begging to be where I'm at. Well, now one of those guys is going to get the cha-

Zbysko's stopped in mid-sentence by the music of Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, who steps through the curtains with a microphone of his own.

Larry Zbysko: What the hell are you doing here?

Greg Valentine: You got me good Ledge, but you only skinned the cat, you didn't kill it. I'd love to take you up on that World Title shot, but I got bigger fish to fry, that fish being your sidekick, Magnus Vaara.

The fans make their disappointment known, hoping that Valentine would challenge Zbysko.

Greg Valentine: But there is one tough son of a gun back there and I know full well that he's anxious for a World Title shot. So Zbysko, meet your opponent for Superclash VI....

A pause to build up anticipation before the big announcement.

Greg Valentine....Nikita Koloff!

Zbysko's eyes goes wide as the mad russian comes out to a very nice pop. He doesn't say anything, but Valentine apparently isn't done.

Greg Valentine: And one more thing Legend. Tonight, these fans are going to get a preview when me and Koloff team up tonight to take on....you and Magnus Vaara!

Larry Zbysko: WHAT?! You can't-

Greg Valentine: It's already been signed Zbysko. We'll see you tonight tough guy!

Valentine plays to the crowd as the commercials roll.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Coming back from the commercial, Eric Bischoff and Johnny Valiant are the center of attention.

Eric Bischoff: What an announcement we had before break Johnny.

Johnny Valiant: Huge Eric, huge.

Eric Bischoff: We learned that Nikita Koloff will be facing Larry Zbysko at Superclash VI for the World Title while Greg Valentine takes on Magnus Vaara!

Johnny Valiant: Not only that Eric, but what about tonight's main event?

Eric Bischoff: That's right, it'll be Zbysko teaming up with Vaara to take on Valentine and Nikita Koloff in a tag team match!

Johnny Valiant: What an event Superclash VI is shaping up to be and this preview will definately be good.

Eric Bischoff: But right now, we've got Enigma, the mysterious hybrid fighter, taking on Nightstalker, who's already in the ring!

Nightstalker vs. Enigma

Enigma, sporting the red and black mask to go along with his ninja-like outfit, made his way down the aisle, slapping hands with fans along the way. Once he slid in the ring, he was met with a stomp to the back. Nightstalker pulled Enigma off the mat and sent him into the ropes. Enigma surprised Nightstalker with a spinning heel kick, taking Nightstalker down! Enigma didn't wait for Nightstalker to get up, instead hitting a standing backflip, landing chestfirst on Nightstalker! The crowd gave a standing ovation for that move, but Enigma wasn't done. He stood Nightstalker up, then went for a standing Hurricanrana. Nightstalker proved too strong to go down though and turned it into a falling powerbomb. Nightstalker would have gone for the pin, but Ox Baker instructed him to pick Enigma back up. Nightstalker lifted Enigma with a two handed choke, tossing Enigma back first in the corner, then raised his boot and used it to choke Enigma, standing in the corner. Scott Ledoux tried to break up the illegal choke, but Nightstalker turned and knocked Ledoux to the mat. Baker jumped up on the apron, shouting for Nightstalker to continue the onslaught. The chokehold stayed on and Enigma's body soon went limp and the fans looked on in concern until they saw Marc Mero streaking towards ringside! Mero pulled Baker's legs out form under him, causing the manager to hit his head on the ring apron. Mero slid in the ring and started rocking Nightstalker with left jabs, then wound up and nailed a right hook. Mero pulled Nightstalker's head down, then ran up the turnbuckles, delivering a tornado DDT! Mero rolled out of the ring just as Ledoux started to stir. Enigma, seeing Nightstalker down, went up to the top turnbuckle. He delivered the moonsault from the top and hooked Nightstalker's leg. Ledoux managed to make the three count and Enigma steals a victory!

Winner: Enigma in 10:00 (56.2%)

The cameras go backstage again, this time to the locker room of the Lumberjacks. Scott Norton is putting his stuff back into his gym bag when John Nord steps into the room.

John Nord: Where ya goin'?

Scott Norton: Getting the hell outta here.

Norton shoves past Nord, who stops him.

John Nord: Whoa, what's going on with you?

Norton bites his lip, then decides not to hold back.

Scott Norton: My problem is that I just watched two jackasses like Jim Powers and Paul Roma get a goddamned title shot while you can't even hold your own in the ring anymore. I'm tired of being a damn lumberjack and I'm tired of being a damn joke. That's my problem.

Norton is fuming by the end of the rant and Nord seems to be taken aback by the explosion.

John Nord: Last time I checked, this was a partnership. When we lose, we BOTH lose big man.

Scott Norton: I'll take the loss, as long as we all know the reason why we lose.

John Nord: Sounds to me like you've got some anger issues.

Scott Norton: Maybe I need to release some anger.

Nord looks at Norton, seemingly getting the point now.

John Nord: You saying you wanna go?

Scott Norton: Anytime, anyplace.

John Nord: Next week then.

Scott Norton: You got it.

Norton storms out and Nord leans his back against the door. His eyes head towards the ceiling as he realizes what he's just done. A loud gulp is heard and Nord lets his head fall back against the door, the look of worry coming over his face as the commercials roll.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

The commercials fade out and into Greg Gagne standing by The Trooper in front of the AWA backdrop.

Greg Gagne: Trooper, next week you defend the North American Title against Col. DeBeers, but tonight, you take on the Corporal. What are your thoughts?

The Trooper: DeBeers is a problem I'll deal with next week. Tonight, it's me against the man who cost me a match, Corporal Hughes. Corporal, heh. You're a disgrace to that rank. All you are is a second grade lackey and tonight, I'll show the World that you don't belong in that ring.

Greg Gagne: Strong words from The Trooper. He's on his way out to the ring Eric and I haven't seen him this serious in a long time!

Trooper vs. Corporal Hughes

Trooper slides into the ring, going right after Hughes, connecting with rapid fire right hands and getting the crowd on their feet instantly! Trooper continues to drive home right hands, backing Hughes into the corner, then climbing the turnbuckles himself. He starts driving slower, more forceful right hands into the side of Hughes head. The crowd counts along for all ten, then watches as Trooper hops to the mat and raises his arm, getting them on their feet. He turns around just in time to duck a clothesline and pulls Hughes down from behind with a reverse DDT! Trooper goes for a pin, but gets tossed off by Hughes. Trooper with a knee to Hughes' midsection when he gets to his feet. Trooper with another knee, then backs Hughes into the corner. Trooper looks out to the crowd, seeking approval, then turns back to Hughes, who reaches out with one hand and chokes Trooper. Hughes lifts Trooper into the air, turns, and tosses him back first into the corner. Hughes drives right hands into Trooper's forehead, then backs up. He sizes Trooper up, then drives his boot into Trooper's throat, holding it there, choking him. Ledoux breaks the move, warning Hughes not to choke. While Hughes argues with Ledoux, Col. DeBeers hops up on the apron and chokes Trooper from behind. Scott Ledoux never sees it and by the time he turns around, DeBeers is arguing with a fan. Hughes grabs Trooper, bodyslamming him in the ring and then dropping a legdrop across his throat. Hughes goes for the pin, but only gets two. Hughes lifts Trooper up and down with a backbreaker, keeping Trooper there, pushing his chest down on one side and his lowerhalf down on the other, driving his knee further and further into the back of Trooper. DeBeers shouts for Hughes to keep up the punishment, so Hughes drops Trooper to the mat. Hughes with another bodyslam to Trooper, then goes for another legdrop, but this time Trooper rolls out of the way! The crowd gets on their feet, seeing hope. DeBeers gets on the apron, yelling at Hughes. Trooper sees him and heads towards the Colonel. Hughes tries to attack from behind, but Trooper sidesteps it and Hughes runs into DeBeers, knocking him off the mat! Trooper rolls up Hughes from behind and he gets the three count!

Winner: The Trooper in 8:00 (48.7%)

Trooper rolls out of the ring and the cameras fade to the back where Bam Bam Bigelow is seen storming down the hall. He comes to a door and kicks it in, poking his head in looking for someone. Finding nobody, he steps back out in the hallway, punching the wall. Before the commercials fade in, the camera zooms in on the nameplate that reads Masa Saito.

~~~COMMERCIAL BREAK~~~

Eric Bischoff: Alright folks, it's that time once again, time for the main event!

Johnny Valiant: Not only that, but a preview for Superclash VI as well.

Eric Bischoff: And just a reminder, next week IS Superclash VI, make sure you tune in, but right now, let's get to the action!

Valentine/Koloff vs. Zbysko/Vaara

Valentine steps in the ring with Zbysko but instead of locking up, Zbysko makes the tag to Vaara. Valentine points at Zbysko, trying to get him back in the ring, but Zbysko points at Vaara and the two lock up. Vaara gets the advantage on Valentine, backing him up. He nails a forearm, but Valentine's not the smallest guy and he turns Vaara around back first into the ropes and drives a forearm into him! Valentine with another one, then sends Vaara into the ropes. Valentine takes him down with a drop toe hold, then tags in Nikita Koloff, who drops an elbow to the back of Vaara and then rolls him over for a pin, only getting a two count. Koloff pulls Vaara to his feet, lifting him into the air and down with a scoop slam. Koloff gets approval from the crowd, then bounces off the ropes and attempts a leaping elbow, but got too much air and gave Vaara enough time to move out of the way! Vaara tags in Zbysko, who comes in with a series of half a dozen boots, right to the back of Koloff, making sure he stays down. Zbysko puts his head into the back of Koloff, then flips over him with a variation of a roll-up. Zbysko gets a two count, but Koloff manages to get up. Zbysko with a rake to the eyes, then a kick to the shin, followed by a double armed DDT. Zbysko goes for the pin on Koloff again, but can't get a three. He stands Koloff in the corner, jawing at him before going for a midsection kick. Koloff catches his leg, then drives Zbysko to the mat with a clothesline. Koloff rolls over and tags in Valentine, who's begging for a piece of Zbysko. Zbysko sees the tag and quickly scurries back to his corner, tagging in Vaara just before Valentine can grab him. The crowd boos the cowardly champion, but Vaara steps through the ropes looking at Valentine.

Valentine with a couple quick right hands to Vaara, then takes an elbow to the top of the head from the Finnish giant. Vaara with another elbow, then lifts Valentine into the air and down with a reverse suplex, planting Valentine chest first. Before Vaara can do anything else, Zbysko gets his attention, wanting the tag. Zbysko tags in and goes to work on Valentine, stomping his chest. Zbysko picks Valentine up, sending The Hammer into the ropes. Hammer comes off and Zbysko looks for a spinebuster. Hammer holds onto Zbysko through the move, landing on his feet, then nailing Zbysko with a right hand, taking him off his feet. Zbysko rolls out of the ring, but Valentine gives chase. All around the ring, the two run before Zbysko slides into the ring. Valentine slides in after him and hops to his feet only to get taken down by a clothesline from Vaara. Koloff comes in the ring, fighting off Vaara, knocking him back to the corner with clubbing right hands. Koloff has the advantage, but Zbysko slides in behind him and uses a lowblow to re-gain control. Zbysko throws Koloff through the ropes, then tells Vaara to get Valentine. Vaara whips Valentine into Zbysko, who drills him with a spinebuster. Bob Densmore is doing all he can to re-gain control. Vaara pulls Valentine off the mat and lifts him into the air with a torture rack! Zbysko looks on just as Bob Densmore does, waiting to see if Valentine gives it up. Soon, the screams of pain become too much and Valentine's forced to submit to Magnus Vaara while Zbysko looks on smiling.

Winner: Magnus Vaara/Larry Zbysko in 14:00 (58.2%)

Even after the bell, Vaara keeps the hold on, showing no signs of relinquishing it until Nikita Koloff slides back in the ring, knocking Zbysko down with a clothesline to the back of the head. Vaara drops Valentine and rolls out while Koloff checks on the Hammer. Zbysko points to his World Title and All Star Wrestling fades to black.

TEW Rating: 40.9%

Superclash VI

Live from the Metrodome in Minneapolis, Minnesota

July 21st, 1990

Larry Zbysko © vs. Nikita Koloff for the AWA World Title

Greg Valentine vs. Magnus Vaara

The Trooper © vs. Col. DeBeers for the AWA North American Title

Scott Norton vs. John Nord

Young Stallions vs. Olympians © for the AWA Tag Team Titles

Marc Mero vs. The Nightstalker

Corporal Hughes vs. DJ Peterson

Larry Zbysko © vs. Nikita Koloff for the AWA World Title

The Trooper © vs. Col. DeBeers for the AWA North American Title

Scott Norton vs. John Nord

Young Stallions vs. Olympians © for the AWA Tag Team Titles

I like this diary. Of course, your WCW was my favorite diary that I've read. And BTW, the TEW ratings are wicked low. That sucks, but it doesn't mean shit if your ratings are still up...

Yea, but the WCW data's long gone after a computer re-format so there's no chance of that being around. :-P

And the TEW ratings are low, but I think part of that is just the TEW game and how it differs from EWR.

Superclash VI

The Metrodome in Minneapolis, Minnesota

July 21st, 1990

The Superclash logo fades away and an image from the locker room replaces it. Colonel DeBeers, in full gear, is standing in front of his new associate, Corporal Hughes.

Col. DeBeers: Your mission soldier is not just to win against DJ Peterson. Your mission is to completely annhilate this weaker human being. DJ Peterson is a mere civilian, a coward who was afraid to serve his purpose. You will destroy him...or you will be destroyed.

Hughes stands at attention while DeBeers gives him the order. Hughes raises his hand in salute, which is followed by DeBeers returning it. Hughes then does an about face and heads out of the locker room while DeBeers looks on. The cameras switch up to Eric Bischoff and Johnny Valiant at ringside.

Eric Bischoff: Colonel DeBeers driving a point home to his associate, but will that be enough? DJ Peterson is a veteran here in AWA and he knows how to get it done.

Johnny Valiant: Yes he does, but Corporal Hughes knows that the punishment will be severe if he fails. He won't fail.

Eric Bischoff: Tonight's going to be a very big night with all the AWA Titles on the line. The main event of course will be Larry Zbysko defending the World Title against Nikita Koloff.

Johnny Valiant: It's a tough match-up for Zbysko against a brute like Koloff, but I know he's up for it. No question in my mind, Zbysko's leaving as champ.

Eric Bischoff: We've got that and more coming up, but right now, it's DJ Peterson taking on Corporal Hughes!

DJ Peterson offers a handshake to Hughes, who uses the arm extension to send Peterson into the ropes, then take him down with a big boot. The crowd is in awe at the impact of Hughes boot and Peterson hitting the mat. Hughes stands over Peterson, watching him slowly get up to his feet. Peterson doesn't even know where he is and when he turns, he walks right into a sidewalk slam from Hughes, who covers the motionless Peterson, screaming at the referee, who's getting an AWA audition, to make the count. This poor guy drops down and with his arm quivering, makes the easiest three count of his career before raising the hand of Corporal Hughes.

Winner: Corporal Hughes

Hughes raises his hand to his forehead, saluting towards the back to his "commanding officer", Colonel DeBeers.

Eric Bischoff: Just like that folks and it's over. Peterson never really stood a chance.

Johnny Valiant: This is just step one of their plan tonight Eric. Getting DeBeers the North American Title is next.

Eric Bischoff: They're becoming quite a force, with wins like that at least.

Johnny Valiant: Ya know, if you want to enlist, you better do it now. I hear the phone's ringing off the hook with people trying to be with the Colonel.

Eric Bischoff: I think I'll pass, I'm not the physical type.

Johnny Valiant: Ohhhh boy, you hear that don't you Eric? Now this guy is definately the physical type.

Eric Bischoff: It's Ox Baker leading The Nightstalker down the aisle and you gotta wonder if Marc Mero will meet the same fate that DJ Peterson just did.

Johnny Valiant: Mero's fighting an uphill battle, but I think he's got a little better chance than Peterson.

Eric Bischoff: So you think he can win?

Johnny Valiant: No chance.

Mero bounces around, boxer style, while the Nightstalker stares right through him. The bell rings and Mero steps forward. Nightstalker grabs Mero with both hands, lifting him into the air, but Mero managed to kick his legs up, grabbing Nightstalker's head with his feet and bringing him down with a head scissors. Nightstalker gets back up and Mero connects with two quick left jabs, a right hook, then winds up, looking for a big blow, but when he tries to land the big left, Nightstalker headbutts him instead, knocking Mero back. Nightstalker sends Mero into the ropes, lifting him with a gorilla press, then letting him fall the seven feet down to the canvas, landing hard on his side. Nightstalker picks him back up, standing him still, then scoop slamming him before hooking the leg for a two count. Nightstalker looks at Ox Baker, who points to the turnbuckle. Nightstalker lifts Mero up to the top turnbuckle, then climbs up to the second himself. He holds Mero sideways, then falls backwards with a super fallaway slam! Mero hits hard and nearly rolls out of the ring from the impact.

Eric Bischoff: What a show of strength from The Nightstalker.

Johnny Valiant: The impact was huge, but look at what caused that move...

Eric Bischoff: What do you mean?

Johnny Valiant: Ox Baker barked the instructions. Without Baker, Nightstalker would be lost.

As if on cue, Baker is again shouting out to Nightstalker, yelling instructions at his destructive force. Nightstalker stares at Baker, taking it in before turning back to Mero. Nightstalker again lifts Mero up to the top turnbuckle, climbs up to the second, and looks to be going for a repeat of the super fallaway slam. Mero catches him with a surprise shove and Nightstalker loses his balance, falling backwards off the turnbuckle all the way to the mat! Mero stands up on the top turnbuckle, waiting for Nightstalker to get up. As soon as he does, Mero comes off the top with a missile dropkick, knocking Nightstalker back into the corner! Mero sends Nightstalker into the ropes, then completes a huge back body drop, the ring shaking from The Nightstalker landing hard. Mero waits and as soon as the Nightstalker gets to his feet, Mero brings him down with a swinging neckbreaker! Mero with the pin, but only gets a two count.

Eric Bischoff: Ox Baker is pounding the mat, trying to get the Nightstalker back in control.

Johnny Valiant: Mero's high energy is keeping Nightstalker down.

Mero comes off the ropes looking for a swinging DDT, but Nightstalker stops him mid-move, lifting Mero into the air and down with an atomic drop. Following a flapjack, Nightstalker gets the word from Ox Baker. He nods his head, then lifts Mero into the air, bringing him down with a forceful powerbomb, nearly driving Golden Gloves through the ring. Nightstalker makes the cover and it's all academic.

Winner: Nightstalker

Eric Bischoff: Nightstalker with another impressive win and you have to put this guy in the title hunt sooner or later, don't you?

Johnny Valiant: You would think he's gotta be considered a top contender as is.

Eric Bischoff: Well we have the first of three title matches up next. It's going to be the Olympians taking on the Young Stallions. I don't know what to make of the Young Stallions Johnny.

Johnny Valiant: They're confident...perhaps a little overconfident at times, but the ladies love em and they can definately get it done in the ring.

Eric Bischoff: Well, before we go there, we've got Larry Zbysko standing by backstage with our very own Greg Gagne.

The cameras find Gagne, standing in front of the Superclash VI backdrop, mic in hand. He motions to his left and Larry Zbysko steps forward, the World Title around his waist.

Greg Gagne: Legend, how do you plan to counter the size and strength of Nikita Koloff.

Zbysko looks at Gagne with his usual "you're unworthy" look before speaking.

Larry Zbysko: Listen kid, I'm the World Champion, not Nikita Koloff. Nikita Koloff has to counter the Living Legend's technical expertise, not the other way around. I'm going in as champ and I'm leaving as champ.

Greg Gagne: Any concern at all about Greg Valentine?

Larry Zbysko: Greg Valentine will have his hands full with Magnus Vaara, who is being paid quite well to take care of this situation. I guarantee that Greg Valentine will not be a factor in anything tonight.

Greg Gagne: Alright Ledge, thank you very much and good luck-

Zbysko grabs Gagne's mic.

Larry Zbysko: Legends....don't need...luck.

Zbysko shoves the mic and Gagne's wrist to the side as the scene fades up to the ring.

The Olympians vs. Young Stallions

Ken Patera starts things off against Paul Roma, who ducks the lock-up and instead flexes, getting some pops from the crowd but also upsetting some people. They do lock-up and Patera shoves Roma back. Roma charges back and Patera bodyslams him. Roma gets back up and again walks into a bodyslam again. Roma quickly backs up to the corner, bringing in Jim Powers. Powers comes in and challenges Patera to a strength contest, putting his right hand in the air. Patera obliges and soon, they have both hands locked and are attempting to back each other down. Powers pulls Patera into a bearhug, but Patera reverses the momentum and plants Powers with a belly to belly suplex. Powers gets back up, clutching at his back. Patera steps forward and Powers kicks him in the midsection, hammering him in the upper back. Powers with another big forearm into the back of Patera, knocking him down to the mat. Powers sits on Patera's back and puts on a camel clutch, stretching Patera, making him try and reach for the ropes desperately, hoping to get out of the move.

Eric Bischoff: Jim Powers living up to his name, doing what Roma couldn't.

Johnny Valiant: Patera's not near the ropes, he may be stuck in the camel clutch...

Brad Rheingans steps into the ring, driving his boot into the side of Powers' head, then screaming at Patera to come on. Patera manages to roll over and make the tag, bringing Rheingans in legally. Rheingans comes in with a fury of right hands for Powers, then sends Powers into the ropes, powerslamming him! Rheingans makes the cover, but Paul Roma comes off the top rope with an elbow drop to the back of Rheingans, breaking up the pinfall. Rheingans gets up and goes over to the corner, trying to get a piece of Roma. That allows Powers to dive into the knee of Rheingans, taking him down to the mat. Powers tags in Roma, then holds out Rheingans legs. Roma stomps away at the inside of Rheingans knee before Powers leaves the ring. Roma extends Rheingans leg and drives an elbow into the knee of Brad, then stands and delivers another elbow. Roma extends the leg and flips over Rheingans, snapping the knee. Roma lifts Rheingans to his feet with Rheingans limping noticably. Roma with a beautiful extension on a dropkick takes Rheingans down, then goes for the pin only getting two.

Eric Bischoff: Nearfall from Roma.

Johnny Valiant: These Stallions are really taking it to the Olypians right now. Rheingans is not looking great right now.

Eric Bischoff: Patera's dying to get in the ring.

Roma drags Rheingans over to Patera, taunting the other half of the tag champs. Roma then turns back to Rheingans, but Patera reaches over the top rope, grabbing Roma and pulling him to the corner. Patera gets in three right hands before Densmore breaks it up. Rheingans manages to roll up Roma, who kicks out before three. Roma scurries to his feet, looking for another dropkick, but Rheingans slaps him out of the air and tags in Patera. Patera's all over Roma with right hands, a vertical suplex, and a running knee drop. He goes for the pin, but Powers breaks it up. That brings Rheingans in for the brawl to end it all. Patera and Rheingans have the Young Stallions in opposite corners. Patera puts Roma down, then yells for Rheingans to send Powers in. Powers reverses it, but Patera doesn't know. Patera runs over Rheingans with a running elbow. Patera is shocked at what he's done. Powers drops Patera with a side suplex, then points at Roma, who's perched on the top turnbuckle! Roma leaps off, driving an elbow deep into Rheingans chest. He makes the cover for the three.

Winners: Young Stallions

Bob Densmore hands the tag titles to the Young Stallions as Patera slides back into the ring, now knowing that he may have cost his team the titles. He looks distraught as he helps Rheingans up and to the back.

Eric Bischoff: A tough loss for the Olympians, but at least they're still a team unlike these next two competitors.

Johnny Valiant: The former Lumberjacks?

Eric Bischoff: The former Lumberjacks, yes. Scott Norton blames Nord for holding them back and today, we'll find out who the better man really is.

Johnny Valiant: Scott Norton's already made his way down and I don't know how Nord plans on stopping this massive man.

Eric Bischoff: I don't know either. Tonight, we may see the end...of John Nord.

Johnny Valiant: Wait a second, what does Nord have?

Eric Bischoff: What the....

John Nord slides into the ring carrying a two by four! Scott Norton's eyes get wide as he drops to the mat and rolls to the outside, looking at Nord suspiciously. Nord yells to someone and a mic is produced for him. He looks around the arena, obviously not used to being on the mic.

John Nord: It's just a piece of wood Scott, the worst it'll do...

Nord smiles as he looks at Norton.

John Nord: ...is KNOCK YOU OUT!

A slight pop from part of the crowd while Nord looks out at Norton.

John Nord: Sorry big man, but I had to do something. I couldn't just let you destroy my career, so now, I'm taking things to a whole new level. I'm taking AWA...to the edge!

Nord raises the two by four in the air, getting a decent pop from the crowd now, then shoves the two by four outside the ring and motions for Norton to come on.

John Nord vs. Scott Norton

Scott Norton looks puzzled as he steps into the ring, saying something to Nord, who just smiles. The bell rings and the two lock up with Norton getting the advantage. Nord fights him with off with an elbow to the side of his head, then bounces off the ropes, clotheslining Norton in the back of the head and driving him into the mat. Nord wastes no time, bouncing off the ropes and landing a legdrop to the back of Norton. Nord rolls him over, looking for a pin but Norton easily kicks out. Nord stands up, telling Norton to come on and bring it. This gets a pop from the crowd, who are definately getting into his more animated side. Norton looks confused, still unsure of what's going on, but locks up with Nord again, this time driving his forearm into the forehead of Nord before bodyslamming him to the mat. Norton with a quick elbow drop, then goes for a pin of his own, but Nord kicks out after one. Norton looks at Scott Ledoux, then drives a right hand into Nord, followed by three more. Norton is all of a sudden rolled over by Nord, who drives right hand after right hand after rapid fire right hand into Norton, totalling at least a dozen. Nord gets up and yells out to the crowd, getting a pop. Norton quickly gets to his feet, his eyes narrowing as he stares a hole through Nord. Nord turns and Norton clotheslines him so hard, he flips over.

Eric Bischoff: Johnny, I don't know what's going on in there, but this is very....

Johnny Valiant: Personal Bisch, very personal.

Eric Bischoff: Right. Personal.

Valiant was quick to cover, but something in Bischoff's voice is off. Back in the ring, Norton picks up Nord, screaming at him, asking him what the hell he's doing. Norton sends Nord into the corner, then charges in, sandwiching him, then stepping back and watches as Nord falls to the canvas. Norton bounces off the ropes, leaping into the air and coming down with a huge big splash. Norton hooks the leg and makes the cover, expecting an easy three count, but the look of surprise on his face is great when Nord kicks out at two. Norton looks at Ledoux, who seems to share the same look of surprise. Norton gets to his feet, shooting a quick look towards the announce table, then another at Ledoux. Nord, meanwhile, rolls out of the ring, bending over on the outside. Norton leans between the second and third ropes to grab Nord...

*THUD*

The sound of the two by four connecting with Scott Norton's head is sickening and heard around the entire building as the crowd rises to their feet. Ledoux calls for the bell, ruling this a disqualification.

Winner: John Nord

Eric Bischoff: John Nord has grabbed that...that piece of wood and Scott Ledoux has no choice but to disqualify him!

Johnny Valiant: What is Nord doing out there? It's like he's a completely different man.

Eric Bischoff; He's thrown the rules right out the window Johnny. John Nord is now in control.

Johnny Valiant: He's laid Norton out and he's standing over him, celebrating with the wood raised high. He doesn't even care about the victory.

Eric Bischoff: But the fans are loving it, look at em.

The fans are responding quite well to the violence shown by Nord. He raises the two by four in the air, then rolls out of the ring, stopping at the curtains to raise his hands and get another pop from the Minneapolis crowd before disappearing behind the curtain. Norton's helped up by Ledoux, then shoves Ledoux off, screaming about what just happened.

Eric Bischoff: I don't know what happened tonight, but John Nord has apparently taken things into his own hands.

Johnny Valiant: That much is obvious Bisch.

Eric Bischoff: We'll have to sort that out later. Right now, it's time for the North American Title match. Colonel DeBeers is ready and he's not alone.

Johnny Valiant: Oh no, he's got the Corporal with him and after that quick match earlier, Hughes still wants more I'm sure.

Eric Bischoff: This is going to be two on one and that's just not fair. The Trooper could be in trouble.

The Trooper vs. Col. DeBeers

Trooper slides into the ring with DeBeers, showing him the North American Title and saying something along the lines of DeBeers will never have it. Trooper then raises it to the fans, which allows DeBeers to attack him from behind, causing the belt to fall. DeBeers picks it up, but Ledoux takes it out of DeBeers hands before he can hit Trooper with it. Trooper takes advantage with a quick right hand followed by a scoop slam. Trooper up high with a big elbow drop, but DeBeers rolls out of the way. DeBeers is quick to slap in a reverse chin lock on Trooper, trying to wear him down early. DeBeers has it locked in, using his strong forearms to squeeze Trooper, who can't reach the ropes and is now just trying to fight off the pressure and make the move ineffective. Trooper's not having a lot of success until he starts to roll over. DeBeers chooses to release the hold, then stands up and drops an elbow to the back of Trooper's head. Ledoux gets in DeBeers face, telling him to take it easy on the head. DeBeers gets back in Ledoux's face, telling him this is wrestling and he can do as he pleases. DeBeers turns back to Trooper, but Trooper takes him down with a hiptoss, then another hiptoss. DeBeers stumbles into a huge back body drop and Trooper is feeling all the momentum!

Eric Bischoff: Trooper capitalizing on DeBeers authority issues!

Johnny Valiant: Trooper knows he has to get in his offense whenever he can.

Eric Bischoff: Trooper's generally able to create his own offense Johnny...

Johnny Valiant: Not when the Colonel is wearing you down on the mat.

Trooper sends DeBeers into the ropes, looking for a seated dropkick, but Corporal Hughes grabs onto DeBeers, stopping him and causing Trooper to miss the dropkick. DeBeers takes advantage by stepping forward and stomping Trooper just below the belt, which gets Scott Ledoux back into his face, telling him to watch himself and start following the rules. DeBeers keeps up the argument with Ledoux, allowing Corporal Hughes to drive a right hand into the forehead of Trooper, who's head was resting by the edge of the ring. Scott Ledoux caught that move out of the corner of his eye and tells Hughes that he's had enough!

Eric Bischoff: He's sending Hughes to the back! He's ejecting him!

Johnny Valiant: This isn't right, he's there for motivation, you can't get rid of him!

Eric Bischoff: Oh but he is. Hughes is on his way to the back and maybe now, we'll see a good match.

DeBeers sends Trooper into the ropes, catching him in a sleeperhold as the crowd lets out a collective gasp. DeBeers has it locked in tight and Trooper immediately starts showing the effects when his eyes start closing. Trooper drops down to one knee, showing absolutely no signs of life until the fans start chanting his name. The chant seems to bring something back in Trooper, who soon is back to both feet. A back elbow to DeBeers is followed by lifting DeBeers up and somehow turning it into a standing somoan drop! Both men are down in the middle of the ring, but neither plans to stay there long. They're both stirring, but it's DeBeers up first. Trooper finds himself in the corner on the recieving end of a couple chops, but then Trooper turns it around, climbs up to the turnbuckle and starts driving ten straight right hands into DeBeers, bringing the crowd to their feet. Trooper hops down, lifting DeBeers into the air with a vertical suplex, hanging DeBeers in the air before finally letting him fall to the middle of the ring. Trooper looks out to the crowd, seeking approval.

Eric Bischoff: Trooper is waiting for the crowd to approve, he just needs to get it done!

Johnny Valiant: That's always his problem, he cares too much about the fans. The fans won't pay your bills.

Trooper gets up to the top turnbuckle, but again stops and looks around the arena. By the time he turns back to the ring, it's too late. Col. DeBeers is on his feet and falls into the top rope, shaking the turnbuckle. Trooper loses his balance and falls all the way to the outside, landing hard on the thin blue mat supported by concrete! DeBeers falls back down in the ring and Ledoux starts the count. He gets to six and DeBeers starts getting up in the ring. He gets to eight and DeBeers looks around for Trooper, but it's too late to do anything. Ledoux gets to the full ten count and awards DeBeers the win by countout!

Winner: Col. DeBeers

Eric Bischoff: DeBeers gets the win, but Trooper hangs onto the title Johnny!

Johnny Valiant: I don't think anyone's happy with this situation Eric. That belt should be DeBeers' right now.

Eric Bischoff: That happens sometimes. I'm sure the committee will realize that something should be done and DeBeers will get another shot.

Johnny Valiant: He better.

Eric Bischoff: I'm getting word that we've got The Olympians in the back and apparently, Brad Rheingans isn't too happy!

Backstage, Rheingans has his bag packed and is trying to leave the building with Patera following close behind, trying to stop him.

Ken Patera: Dammit Brad, would you just hang on a second?

Brad turns around angrily.

Brad Rheingans: What?

Ken Patera: Look Brad, I'm sorry. It's just that my mind's been elsewhere lately. Ever since The Nightstalker..

Brad steps into Patera.

Brad Rheingans: If your mind's not where it should be Ken, then fix it. Until then, me and you aren't getting in that ring together anymore.

Patera looks shocked as Rheingans storms out and the scene fades up front.

Vaara stands in the middle of the ring, watching Valentine step through the ropes, challenging Valentine to meet him face to face. Valentine disrobes and then does just that, stepping right to the Finnish powerhouse. Valentine grabs Vaara by the arm, sending him into the ropes but Vaara reverses it and sends Valentine tumbling through the ropes to the outside. Valentine slides back in, but only to be met by a quick knee drop from Vaara, planted perfectly in the small of Valentine's back. Vaara drops another one, then pulls Valentine to his feet. Vaara pushes Valentine into the corner, driving his knee into The Hammer's midsection, one after the other until Valentine drops to the mat, clutching at his ribs. Vaara looked at Valentine and chuckled, taking pleasure in the pain of his opponent.

Eric Bischoff: Those ribs have got to be breaking, one by one Johnny.

Johnny Valiant: Vaara's feeding off of the pain, he loves seeing Valentine down and out.

Eric Bischoff: Vaara was hired to get rid of Valentine for Larry Zbysko and that's exactly what he's doing.

Johnny Valiant: He is the definition of a problem solver.

Vaara picks Valentine up, spinning him around so Valentine's back is facing Vaara's front. Vaara pulls Valentine's arms out wide, then drops down and delivers his shoulder right into the back of Valentine. Valentine screams out, but that only prompts Vaara to do it again. After a third, Valentine drops to his knees, trying to get away from Vaara, but Magnus is still holding those arms out wide and now Vaara puts his knee into Valentine's spine and pulls the arm back more, really increasing the pressure. Valentine's face shows the excruciating pain but he continues to shake his head, refusing to give in when Bob Densmore asks him. Vaara, out of frustration, releases the hold, allowing Valentine to fall to the mat, clutching at his midsection.

Eric Bischoff: I don't know if Valentine can go on, Vaara may have ended this match!

Johnny Valiant: Vaara doesn't want to end the match, he wants to end Valentine.

Vaara pulls Valentine up to his feet, but before he can go any further, Valentine uses a right hand to catch Vaara off guard. Another right hand, then Valentine comes off the ropes and takes Vaara down with a clothesline! Valentine can't capitalize though, instead falling back to the mat, holding onto his back. Vaara's back to his feet and he bends over, looking to grab Valentine again, but Valentine rolls him up with a small package! Densmore makes a two count, but Vaara kicks out once the initial surprise of the move is over. Vaara tries to drop another knee to Valentine, but Valentine rolls out of the ring and Vaara gets nothing but canvas. Valentine reaches into the ring, grabbing Vaara by the legs. Valentine slams Vaara's leg into the steel pole, then falls to the floor, holding his back again.

Eric Bischoff: The Hammer finally showing some offense, going after the leg of Vaara.

Johnny Valiant: Gotta soften him up for the figure four, but that's only if Valentine can even get back in the ring.

Eric Bischoff: Densmore's up to 5 on the count and Valentine's trying to roll himself in.

Johnny Valiant: Vaara's on his feet, but he does have a slight limp, that blow to the knee had to hurt.

Valentine slides into the ring at the count of 8 and Vaara stomps at him, but the impact hurts his knee. Valentine gets up to his feet, kicking Vaara in the knee, temporarily dropping him to one. Vaara gets back up and Valentine rocks him with a right hand, then another. Valentine bounces off the ropes, charges, and delivers a running double axe handle, knocking Vaara to the mat!

Eric Bischoff: That's why they call him the Hammer folks!

Valentine drops an elbow into the chest of Vaara, but again, the impact of landing on the mat has an effect on Valentine. Vaara gets up first, picking Valentine up and slamming him into the mat with a bodyslam. Vaara signals for the torture rack, then waits for Valentine to get up. Vaara leans over to pick Valentine up, but Valentine spins and turns it into a neckbreaker! Valentine grabs Vaara's legs, putting his foot between them, but before he can lock in the figure four, Vaara kicks him off. Vaara gets up to his feet, nailing Valentine with a right hand, then drops Valentine to the bottom rope throat first. Vaara pushes on the back of Valentine's head, forcing the rope into his throat, choking him out. Densmore breaks the hold and Vaara shoves him off, pulling Valentine up. Valentine surprises Vaara by dropping him with a jawbreaker! Valentine quickly grabs Vaara's legs and this time, he's able to hook them in the figure four! Valentine leans back to the mat, stretching the legs, but his face is showing signs of back pain still.

Eric Bischoff; I don't know if he can hold this move Johnny, his back may give in before Vaara does.

Valentine is trying to fight through the pain and pull back more, really adding the pressure to the move. Just when there's no chance of Valentine being able to hold on...Vaara taps the mat, giving it up!

Winner: Greg "The Hammer" Valentine

Eric Bischoff: Well I don't think Vaara will play much of a role in the main event Johnny.

Johnny Valiant: No, this should definately stay one on one, which means the better man will still be champion at the end of the night.

Eric Bischoff: I'm sure Valentine will be glued to the monitor in the back, but we're running out of time rapidly and we've got to get this thing started. Koloff's headed down the aisle and Valentine just whispered something in his ear.

Johnny Valiant: Probably the cheat plan.

Eric Bischoff: Or simple words of encouragement Johnny.

Johnny Valiant: Not likely.

Eric Bischoff: Here comes the champ and you know what means...

Johnny Valiant: It's time for the main event!

Larry Zbysko vs. Nikita Koloff

Zbysko seemingly knows he's giving up a lot to Koloff because he wants nothing to do with the lock-up. Koloff throws his arms up in frustration, leaving him open for a kick from Zbysko, who immediately tries to lock in a front face lock. Koloff lifts Zbysko into the air though, breaking the facelock, then slams Zbysko into the mat. Koloff goes for the pin right away, but only gets the two. Koloff with a bodyslam to Zbysko, then goes for the pin again, but still can only get a two. Zbysko is on his knees and Koloff's begging him to get up. Zbysko looks around, then slowly gets to his feet. Koloff charges but Zbysko takes him down with a drop toe hold, causing Koloff's face to bounce off the mat. Zbysko puts on an ankle lock, but can't seem to get Koloff's ankle turned enough and Koloff reaches the ropes, breaking the hold before it can take effect. Zbysko shows signs of frustration but as soon as Koloff gets to his feet, Zbysko stomps him right in the shin, then the other shin. Koloff falls to his knees and Zbysko comes off the ropes with a stiff kick right to the spine, the sound of boot on skin making the fans cringe.

Eric Bischoff: What a kick from Zbysko, who's going away from his usual technical dismemberment and showcasing a more violent attack.

Johnny Valiant: That's why Zbysko's the champ, he does what he has to do, no matter what.

Eric Bischoff: Although sometimes, he does more than necessary.

Johnny Valiant: That's merely an opinion Eric.

Zbysko tries to pick Koloff up, but Koloff shoves Zbysko back, then fires a flurry of right hands, all of them connecting solidly with Zbysko's head. Koloff finally whips Zbysko into the corner, raises his arm in the air to get the crowd going, then charges and drives a clothesline into Zbysko! Koloff sends Zbysko into the opposite corner, following him again and driving another clothesline into Zbysko, the impact lifting him into the air! Koloff backs up, looking around the arena, looking at the crowd who are firmly behind him. Koloff lifts Zbysko into the air, placing him on his shoulder. Koloff runs and drives Zbysko into the mat with a running powerslam! Koloff makes the pin and the crowd counts along with Densmore, but is stopped abruptly at two when Zbysko raises his arm off the mat. Koloff can't believe it, but doesn't give up. He lifts Zbysko into the air and onto his shoulder again, then goes for another running powerslam. Zbysko manages to slide down the back of Koloff though. Koloff stops himself before he runs face first into the corner, but when he turns around, Zbysko lifts him up and plants him with a firm spinebuster! Zbysko rolls over to his back, trying to catch his breath.

Eric Bischoff: That move may have surprised everyone in the building.

Johnny Valiant: I didn't know if Zbysko could get Koloff up for the spinebuster, but he did just that! Now he has to capitalize.

Eric Bischoff: Easier said than done Johnny.

Zbysko is up to his feet first, pulling Koloff up to his. Zbysko with a knee to Koloff's midsection, then another, trying to wear Koloff down a little bit. Zbysko with a forearm to Koloff's forehead, then brings him facefirst to the mat with a double leg takedown. Zbysko grabs the big legs of the Russian, pulling them back for a boston crab. The fans are on their feet, trying to see if he can lock it in or if Koloff can find a way out of it. It proves to be the latter of the two when Koloff extends his legs, sending Zbysko flying into the corner. Koloff gets back up and grabs Zbysko from behind with a full nelson, then sits him down with a full nelson slam, Zbysko landing seat first! Koloff goes for the pin, but Zbysko still manages to kick out at two, the fans letting out a surprised gasp.

Eric Bischoff: I don't know how Zbysko got out of that one, but he did.

Johnny Valiant: I think you under-estimate precisely how much that belt means to Zbysko. He'll die before he loses it.

Eric Bischoff: That's a bit extreme Johnny.

Johnny Valiant: That's Zbysko.

Koloff sees how slowly Zbysko's getting up, then backs up to the ropes. As soon as Zbysko's up all the way, Koloff charges him. Zbysko sees him just in time and grabs the big Russian, lifting him up and down with another spinebuster, this one shaking the entire ring! Both men are down in the ring and neither look like they want to move. Densmore starts the ten count, but that just prompts Koloff to get up. Zbysko sees Koloff moving and works on getting up himself. At seven, they both make it to their feet but Zbysko reacts first, putting Nikita Koloff in a front facelock and bringing him down to the mat! Zbysko has it locked in and Koloff's grounded with absolutely nowhere to go! Zbysko senses victory and locks it in tighter, his face scrunching up as he increases the amount of pressure. Zbysko is squeezing the life out of Koloff and finally, there's no more. Nikita Koloff passes out and Zbysko yells for Densmore to check him. Densmore raises his arm twice without a response from Koloff. He goes for the third...and Koloff's arm falls limp to the mat causing the bell to ring.

Winner: Larry Zbysko

Zbysko snatches the World Title from Densmore as Superclash VI fades to black.

Hughes d. Peterson

Match Reaction: 24.1%

Match Quality: 58.8%

Overall Rating: 44.3%

Nightstalker d. Marc Mero

Match Reaction: 30.2%

Match Quality: 60.4%

Overall Rating: 32.9%

The Young Stallions d. The Olympians

Match Reaction = 30.4%

Match Quality = 62.5%

Overall Rating = 53.8%

Scott Norton d. John Nord

Match Reaction = 21.8%

Match Quality = 56.5%

Overall Rating = 26.4%

Col. DeBeers vs. The Trooper

Match Reaction = 51.0%

Match Quality = 61.6%

Overall Rating = 60.8%

Greg Valentine d. Magnus Vaara

Match Reaction = 39.7%

Match Quality = 62.5%

Overall Rating = 51.7%

Larry Zbysko d. Nikita Koloff

Match Reaction = 53.6%

Match Quality = 64.3%

Overall Rating = 57.8%

Overall: 41.0%

Post-Superclash VI

Eric's Office

July 21st, 1990

"What the hell was that?"

Eric Bischoff was standing over John Nord, who seemed surprisingly relaxed, as if he really didn't care about anything Bischoff had to say anymore. He almost had a smirk even though Bischoff was seething.

Eric Bischoff: You think you can go out there and do whatever the hell you want to?

Nord looked at me, apparently wanting me to step in and say something but I had to agree with Bisch on this. Nord knew there was nothing coming from me.

John Nord: I just figured-

Eric Bischoff: Your job isn't to figure anything! Your job is to wrestle, that's all!

John Nord: But I thought if I-

Eric Bischoff: I DON'T PAY YOU TO THINK!

Now I stepped forward, realizing this wasn't going to get us anywhere.

Sophie: Eric, let's at least hear what he has to say.

Eric looked at me, but he knew who he was mad at and didn't want to start in on another argument. Nord seemed appreciative and gave his side.

John Nord: I just figured if I could get the fans to respond to me, then maybe there'd still be hope for me in AWA.

Sophie: John, when we talked, I told you-

John Nord: I know what you said, but I had to try something dammit, I couldn't just let my career die.

Sophie: And now you've pretty much cost yourself a job. This a direct violation-

Eric put his hand up. I couldn't figure out why, but I stopped talking and let him address the situation.

Eric Bischoff: No, he hasn't cost himself a job. Just the opposite actually.

We both looked at Bischoff, not sure where he was going.

Eric Bischoff: You're going out there every week and you're going to wrestle. You're not going to win, but you're going to wrestle. You were willing to jeapordize AWA for your own sake and now you're going to sacrifice yourself for the sake of AWA...every week until your contract runs out.

John's smirk went away and he realized that his worst fear was coming true. He didn't say another word, instead just standing and leaving, slamming the door shut behind him as me and Eric sat down at the table. A few moments of silence passed before I spoke.

Sophie: At least the fans reacted well to it Eric. And the rest of the show went as planned.

Eric Bischoff: It was a disaster. We're never putting on a major event on a Saturday again.

Again, he seemed to be talking about things I knew nothing about. Seeing this, Eric filled me in.

Eric Bischoff: Don't suppose you saw what the main event of Saturday Night was?

Sophie: No....

Eric Bischoff: Ricky Steamboat defeated Ric Flair for the World Title.

And right there, the mood dropped. I knew the ratings for a match like Steamboat-Flair would be crazy, factor in a World Title match and even change...well, it didn't look good for us. There was really nothing else to say, me and Eric just sat there in silence, staring.

Another very solid show, TP...

--I'm wondering if that fan reaction to Nord might be a harbinger of the guy getting a following despite all odds and forcing Bischoff to give him a push.

--Damn that counterprogramming. Sorry to say, but I'd be watching Steamboat v. Flair, too. :ohwell:

--And finally, I hope that there won't be too many more tag teams having difficulties in the near future...otherwise you'll be at risk of running out.

Keep 'em coming...and see if you can work Enigma into the next big event, eh? :thumbsup: