Pete & Pete

Underage Politician

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of people seem to get Wild and Crazy Kids, I've sent this to a ton of people and only me getting Salute Your Shorts and one of my friends getting GUTS have been the only ones to stray away from the stranglehold of Wild and Crazy Kids. I bet if you just fucked with a bunch of combinations of answers you could get the one you wanted to be but I don't even know what shows that you can end up being displayed as. Does anyone know?

Alot of people seem to get Wild and Crazy Kids, I've sent this to a ton of people and only me getting Salute Your Shorts and one of my friends getting GUTS have been the only ones to stray away from the stranglehold of Wild and Crazy Kids.  I bet if you just fucked with a bunch of combinations of answers you could get the one you wanted to be but I don't even know what shows that you can end up being displayed as.  Does anyone know?

Man I feel old.

Stick Stickley rules. Rocco's Modern Life rules also. I watch that all the time on the Nick Nicktoons channel. AAHH Real Monsters is fucking funny.

As for Pete and Pete and Salute Your Shorts: I got into them late. My older brothers remember them shows and mark out like little bitches when they see them.

I was also Wild and Crazy Kids...

Nickelodeon used to be the shit, back in the day, like MTV. But then they got all boring and started trying to be as marketable as possible to people who sucked, like MTV.

Yeah, Pete and Pete, Salute Your Shorts, Ren and Stimpy, All That, and them were the shit and all, but the best Nickelodeon show ever was You Can't Do That On Television. I was, and still am, amazed they got away with some of the things they did on that show. remember that skit with the kid in front of the firing squad, and he kept trying to trick the executioner into saying 'fire' while standing in front of the firing squad, and half the time it didn't work, and the kid ended up getting shot? Could you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if a kids show did that today?It'd be the biggest anti-entertainment movement that didn't involve either a nipple or a school shooting.

And on that quiz, I got Clarissa Explains It All, which is cool, 'cuz I liked that show, 'cuz the main character was hot, and schizophrenic, and I dig hot schizophrenic chicks.

Oh wow, I love this topic. All of these shows I grew up on, and seeing STick Stickly again damn near gave me a heart attack.

One show I seem to be remembering in particular that I don't believe has been mentioned is Dude Ranch or whatever it was called. I remember one episode with the haunted bull skull, or whatever the hell that thing was. There were some interesting moments on that show.

But Pete And pete, Salute Your Shorts, Clarrisa's World, wow...fuckin' awesome shows.

Keenan and Kel was cool, but I'll always be partial to the older Nick shows. I mean dude, just...holy hell.

I still remember the 'Are You Afraid Of The Dark' movie where they brought the leader from the original back. That was awesome, as the original cast of Are You Afraid of the Dark > all the others in my mind. That show was trippy, even the intro creeped me out.

I was a LOTHT FREAK back when I was younger, I'd always root for the Blue Baracudas and the Silver Snakes, so any time they were in the final round it was pure awesomeness for me.

What Would You Do? Was another cool one, as was that one game show with the obstacle course at the end. I remember the one with the ear and the ear wax, or the giant bubble gum machine.

Nick Arcade was ownage but I didn't get to see it much, and Ahh! Real Monsters! was just a kickass cartoon. I still remember the one where they started eating the old western films, but when they watched them they mimicked the whole thing, lmao.

Oh dude...this is like, a huge trip down memory lane for me. I LOVED these shows. Rocko's Modern Life was so friggin' cool, I loved the Chameleon brothers and the toads. And the whole deal with Heffer's family being wolves was great, or the time he fell in love with that deer or whatever it was.

Wild And Crazy Kids...damn, I'd always wanted to be on that show. Never got into Ren and Stimpy when I was younger, didn't like it. Nowadays though I think it's pretty cool.

Oh shit, anyone remember the ROUNDHOUSE?! Wasn't that was All That was spawned from?! That was like, the oldest Nick show I can remember.

There was also one I VAGUELY remember...some out-of-space esque show. I know there was an episode with an electric storm going on, and another where these aliens invade the ship or something and one of the crew has to fight them or something.

OH! And what was the name of that one show with the black kid who was really an alien, and only these two kids actually knew? I remember one huge episode the government or whatever actually got ahold of him and were experimenting on him, he was practically being tortured, and the girl came in to save him. And when he actually was crying in one episode and it was because he was on Earth for too long, and the emotions were actually growing on him. That show was fucking amazing, I LOVED that show. Character development was awesome, and the actors did an amazing job. I loved the idea that the alien could read an entire book just by placing his hand on the cover.

As a matter of fact I think that was my favorite Nick show period.

Wow...UP, I friggin' love you man. This topic has brought back SO many damn memories...

To add on to my list of memories, I just remembered another show not mentioned by anyone thus far. 'The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo'

The only episodes I remember off hand is the arson one and the one with the baby turtles.

EDIT: OH! And that one show where the main character was a chick that could turn herself into liquid metal, that was a pretty cool show too.

Edited by Norris Scott

Nick ten years ago was awesome. There were so many great and watchable shows on the network then (Rocko, GUTS, The Secret World of Alex Mack, All That pre-suckiness, etc.),, and while there are some decent cartoons on Nick now (The Fairly Oddparents is quite clever at being kiddy yet still having satirical elements), it neverwill hold a candle to those shows. God, I'm glad I was a kid in the 90s. I'd hate to live with these suckfests called cartoons now.

EDIT: OH! And that one show where the main character was a chick that could turn herself into liquid metal, that was a pretty cool show too.
Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Pete and Pete was far too smart for Nickelodeon... hell, go back and watch it now, it's still too smart for any network.

I used to love Nickelodeon, but I think it was around the time All That came on was when I really started to hate it with a fiery passion. Maybe I'm a little older than most of ya who dug All That, but I thought it was terrible. But then again, I never really liked any Nick sketch comedy show other than You Can't Do That on Television. I even hated Roundhouse which was part of the original Snick line up.

Clarissa, Rocko, Ren & Stimpy, Are You Afraid..., Pete & Pete, Salute Your Shorts, Double Dare, all those shows and a few others made Nickelodeon a great network. Then came ridiculous shit like Catdog and Keenan & Kel that just didn't work with me and I haven't watched since. I will admit though, the few episodes of Spongebob Squarepants that I have seen are pretty fuckin funny.

I really wish there was a Classic Nickelodeon channel so we could go back and relive all that great stuff. I could even put up with the dumb shows they had during their prime like Welcome Freshmen and everyones favorite teenage melodrama Fifteen. I'd also like to look back at the shows people must have thought up while tripping on acid like the Tomorrow People and Space Cases... that shit was just weird.

Does anybody remember the shows "My Brother and Me" and "100 Deeds of Eddie McDowd" and what was the name of the show where the one kid was an alien that was a kid in disguise or something

This is the best topic ever!!!

It makes me feel so old

EDIT: I know petitions are stupid but You Gotta Sign This One!!

Edited by Jester of Death

My brother and me was the shit, They had that greedy lady who owned a store or whatever right? That show was great. I didn't care for Eddie McDowd though.

The alien show was Allen Strange, I loved that show :D

ALLEN STRANGE, THAT WAS IT!!

FUCK, I LOVE YOU :wub::wub::wub:

:shifty:

And I loved 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd. Did they ever actually FINISH the damn show or did it just get cancelled? I WAS WAITING FOR THE FINAL ONE!!!

I mean it was a novel concept, 100 episodes for 100 deeds. But the damn dog didn't even DO a few deeds in some of them. The beauty was though there was character development in those, along with most of the other episodes. Pretty cool shit.

Fairly Odd Parents is the best thing Nick has on air right now. The style of humor REALLY takes me back, because there's so many double meanings to the jokes and refferences to shit that it just takes me back to the days of the Looney Toons or some shit. I still remember when they played Loony Toons on Nick like really fuckin' early in the morning too.

Fairly Odd Parents is the best thing Nick has on air right now. The style of humor REALLY takes me back, because there's so many double meanings to the jokes and refferences to shit that it just takes me back to the days of the Looney Toons or some shit.