Pete & Pete

Underage Politician

I got Clarissa Explains it All. I guess I'm gay now.

I can say this with no remorse whatsoever: I liked Clarissa Explains It All. It was geared towards the exact opposite end of the demographic spectrum from me, but I still enjoyed it. Sam was cool, and it probably stands as a very good example of Melissa Joan Hart's acting ability (she was doing this show at the ages of 15-18...quite impressive that she was able to stay on an even keel and not overdo anything to the point of absurdity). Too bad that we never saw anything from Sean O'Neal after 1995.

Btw, cool facts about that show:

1. Remember Ferguson, Clarissa's annoying brother? He's now part of a duo running the radio show over at x2radio.com.

2. Wayne Brady and James Van Der Beek were among a few actors who made cameos and went onto later success.

3. The episode where Sam and Clarissa decided to go on a date together actually aired on the day of Midget's first-ever date, when he got to take his girlfriend Christina to their 6th grade Homecoming Dance (mad props to La Madre de Midgeto, who provided chaperone services). To further the sappy sweetness, it was on August 14th, 1993 -- The 10th Annual Midget Day.

Edit: And the original Black Ranger was Walter Jones, a.k.a. "Zack".

Edited by The

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LIke everyone else said, this has brought back MAD memories.

TV was so much better back then, Nickelodeon was the shit. I remember when I was younger we actually visisted Nickelodeon Studios one year and it was awesome.

Who ever said they should get an old school Nick channel, deserves a medal. I remember a few years ago Nick had a marathon of a bunch of old Shows like Clarissa Explains It All.

Round House was crazy, I miss that show. Hey Dude I remember loving, but can't remember any of the episodes, the only thing I remember is that really hot blonde female who did some other shows and movies later one. Anyone got any ideas who that was? The Secret World of Alex Mack was great, one of my all time favorites. Are You Afraid of the Dark? was amazingly good. One of my favorite episodes is the one with the evil clown. The best part was when the boy opened the micro-wave and his food had become old cigar butts. One more great show I'm surprised hasn't been brought up yet was Weinerville. I'm not sure that was the exact name, but that was the name of the town. It was this man playing the role of a bunch of different puppet characters. One of my favorite shows as a kid.

Edited by Big Hydro

All right...asking this question because apparently this is a REALLY old school show on Nick. I don't remember this show at all, but I'm sure I saw an episode of it atleast once because it sounds SOMEWHAT familiar...let's see if anyone remembers it.

The title of the show as 'The Seven Cities Of Gold'

EDIT: Oh, and another one: Mr. Wizard

Yet Another EDIT: Oh, and while I still can...does anyone remember Cousin Skeeter? For what it was worth, that was a fuckin' funny show back then. Not as old school as the others, but still pretty old.

Edited by Norris Scott

Fun fact about Roundhouse: One of the actresses from the second season appeared earlier in an HBO sitcom called 'Dream On', in which she appeared in 3-4 nude/sex scenes.

Also, I just remembered a show that I'm amazed no-one mentioned yet: The Tomorrow People. Even though it wasn't a full-blown series, it was the coolest show ever

Oh God! I grew up on Nick . it was my babysitter on the weekends and the afternoons after school.. I remember anxiously awaiting the weekend so I could slag off and watch Hey Dude , Clarissa Explains it All , Salute your shorts , and Double Dare. Mr. Wizard was the fucking baomb also I used to wake up ealry in the morning to watch that show while I ate my breakfast.

I've always wondered what happened to the Cast of Hey dude. One of the girls(the blonde one) went on to star in the Wedding Singer . I know that for sure.

Never got into the nick cartoons or the scketch shows that much . Afraid of the Dark was really good as well

I've always wondered what happened to the Cast of Hey dude. One of the girls(the blonde one) went on to star in the Wedding Singer  . I know that for sure.

Mr. Ernst wound up doing guest spots on Boston Legal and E.R. Melody wound up married to Ben Affleck. Ted went on to do spots on Clueless (the show), Sabrina and Blossom.

The rest?

Obscurity.

Even Buddy.

Also, I just remembered a show that I'm amazed no-one mentioned yet: The Tomorrow People. Even though it wasn't a full-blown series, it was the coolest show ever

Am I invisible here? I mentioned that one too! Someone pay attention to me! :crying:

One more great show I'm surprised hasn't been brought up yet was Weinerville. I'm not sure that was the exact name, but that was the name of the town. It was this man playing the role of a bunch of different puppet characters. One of my favorite shows as a kid.

Edited by Jester of Death

Jester: allenstrange.gif

Allen Strange and his posse of Alien followers could whip the Red Jaguars asses any day of the week. Just like the Blue Baracudas and/or the Silver Snakes could.

Booya.

Dude, the Silver Snakes never won.

I know :(

BUT I CHEERED FOR THEM ANYWAYS, MUCH AS I CHEER FOR THE HOUSTON ASTROS IN BASEBALL.

For some reason, I'm always cheering for losing teams.

But still Blue Baracudas > Red Jaguars >_>

Dude, the Silver Snakes never won.

I know :(

BUT I CHEERED FOR THEM ANYWAYS, MUCH AS I CHEER FOR THE HOUSTON ASTROS IN BASEBALL.

For some reason, I'm always cheering for losing teams.

But still Blue Baracudas > Red Jaguars >_>

You know NOTHING of loser teams.

Come back to me when you go to a Braves/Expos game -- in Turner Field -- wearing an ANDRE DAWSON EXPOS JERSEY.

I always cheered for the Red Jaguars. But on Nick I hated most of the cartoons and only watched the live action game shows or shows with real actors. The only cartoons I actually watched a lot were Doug and Rugrats. I never got into Ahh! Real Monsters, Catdog, Angry Beavers, and the like.