Dimebag Darrell Dead

Evil Chase K

I can't even get a fucking chain wallet into a concert, how the hell did this lowlife get in with a gun?

From my knowledge, the place they were playing was not one of the top spots to play in Columbus, so I would guess there was low security at this place. But that is just hear-say as I've never been there. The more popular places to play in Columbus are PromoWest, Newport, and Germain... those would be the top 3 regulary played venues from my knowledge although I may have missed one.

Security will be up at all concerts more so now I presume.

Well, I would assume it's a small place because they said the crowd was only something like 200 people. Germain is enormous, but their security is damn good because they're probably the biggest venue in Columbus. I've never been to PromoWest or Newport, but Schottenstein and Nationwide are pretty popular venues too. Regardless, I don't know if you've ever been to Bogart's here in Cincinnati, but it holds a maximum of 1200 people and it's in a pretty shitty part of town but they have the toughest security out of most of the venues here.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even get a fucking chain wallet into a concert, how the hell did this lowlife get in with a gun?

From my knowledge, the place they were playing was not one of the top spots to play in Columbus, so I would guess there was low security at this place. But that is just hear-say as I've never been there. The more popular places to play in Columbus are PromoWest, Newport, and Germain... those would be the top 3 regulary played venues from my knowledge although I may have missed one.

Security will be up at all concerts more so now I presume.

I'm getting shivers through my spine and my whole body reading this. Its weird cos I was just watching a DVD yesterday where there was tonnes of interviews with Dimebag and he talked about the death of one of his best friends, Dave Williams of Drowning Pool. I still can't believe this. Dimebag was a legend.

R.I.P

The size of the venue is irrelevant, sufficient care should be provided for ewhoever's playing there. This is so fucked up. I caught a bit of Damageplan at Download, and they were excellent, and seeing them lead me to check out some of Pantera's stuff, which I really enjoy. I can't believe the guy managed to get on stage with a fucking gun though, like someone else said, I and my friends have trouble getting into a gig with a fucking key-ring or spike bracelet. My condolences to both guy's families. A sad day for metal music :(

Guest Downloading_Man

I'm not gonna pretend I liked their music, but that is no way to go.

If the security is crap, then you could smuggle a tank into a gig (Anyone who's seen 'Bolwling for Columbine' - The scene where the boy pulls all the hidden guns out of his pockets & trousers - will know what I mean). The soluton..better security, because at the end of the day your life may depend on it.

RIP

The last two times I saw Metallica everyone was searched before we were allowed to enter. I laughed about it because I didn't think it was nessecary and was a waste of time. Shows how much I know. This is just sad when you can't go to a concert and enjoy seeing a band play live, without having to worry about getting shot. Now the metal world lost a very good guitarist. R.I.P Dimebag Darrell

I never heard DamagePlan, but what I had heard of Pantera was pretty good. But at the end of the day, that's irrelivent. Someone took a human life, when all he was doing was trying to entertain him and others. It's not a way for a entertainer/musician to go, it's not a way for anybody to go. I still can't get over the fact that he went on stage expecting to do an hour or 2 performance and go off, but now his whole life's over. Maybe i'm getting too involved with someone I don't know or I never knew the name of before today, but it's one of those things that makes you think too. Maybe when I walk out of the door tomorrow I could be shot and killed, by someone with an unkown motive.

RIP Dimebag.

One of my best friends just went to their concert on....I want to say Monday, but I'm not sure.

She got a pick from Dimebag. Wanted it signed but they were too drunk to do so and the bouncers shooed them all away.

That's just crazy.....it's sad, it's angering, it's depressing...what the hell could Dimebag have done to that guy to justify getting shot for it?

RIP Dimebag.

I don't know anything about Damageplan, or what the guy did in Pantera. I heard about this whole thing this morning, it's fucked up. I really can't describe it any other way.

Apparently the gunman shouted off something towards Dimebag claiming he broke up Pantera before firing off the shots. That's what I heard on the radio.

This is some of the worst news I've heard in a long time. I really don't understand why anybody would shoot Dimebag Darrell. This is such a sad thing to hear, it's almost surreal. My condolences go out to his family and friends, he seemed like a great personality. I now regret never seeing Pantera live when I had the chance.

I never heard DamagePlan, but what I had heard of Pantera was pretty good. But at the end of the day, that's irrelivent. Someone took a human life, when all he was doing was trying to entertain him and others. It's not a way for a entertainer/musician to go, it's not a way for anybody to go. I still can't get over the fact that he went on stage expecting to do an hour or 2 performance and go off, but now his whole life's over. Maybe i'm getting too involved with someone I don't know or I never knew the name of before today, but it's one of those things that makes you think too. Maybe when I walk out of the door tomorrow I could be shot and killed, by someone with an unkown motive.

I agree with you here, this also crossed my mind. It's actually really a scary thing to think about.

Edited by VerbalPuke

RIP to my favourite metal guitarist of all time. I was fortunate enough to see Pantera live shortly before the split, and I was left in awe. I hope the fuckwitt who killed him burns in hell. And I just put on Far Beyond Driven yesterday and was blown away all over again.

RIP to Dimebag - one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

5 people were killed, and 4 have been named. "Dimebag" Darrel Abbott, Nathan Bray (23), Erin Halk (29), and the gunman, Nathan Gale (25). I have been going to websites all day because I am a fan of Damageplan. One website even posted his address and phone number. Not confirmed is that he got on stage and yelled at Dimebag because he "broke up Pantera". Sad...

From the recently-updated MTV article:

Damageplan had just begun their first song in front of several hundred at Alrosa Villa when Gale jumped onstage, made a comment about Pantera, and began firing at close range into Darrell's body, shooting him several times before opening fire on the crowd.

I feel sick. I really do.