C2K: From Rookie to Legend

Chris2K

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The arm wringer's a very useful set up move. It does very little damage, but it's hard to reverse, and it leaves the opponent stunned standing up.

As Dwight says, the C2KO is a side inverted piledriver. Think something like an Emerald Fusion, but landing on knees rather than seated.

Edited by Chris2K

Ok, where did C2K post that the C2KO was a Inverted Ruby Fission Piledriver? I checked this diary a couple of times before trying to figure out what the C2KO was by myself.

I had it down to Randy Orton's Shitty Version of the Diamond Cutter (RKO become C2KO) or a Brass Knuckles Punch (the KO part made sense) but at least I know that it's essentially a tombstone.

For the most part this is an enjoyable diary, I'm not sure if I need to know everyone that you talk to, but it does make for the observation that all advice doesn't help. What scares me is when someone learns psychology from one of the Hillbillys or mic manners from Jim Force. Also never acknowledged is that apparently in the Cornell-a-verse everyone speaks Cornellian because you can learn mic skills from anyone.

Rookies are tricky in Wrestling Spirit because at the outset you're doomed to be VERY under-energized against a veteran. The most mismatched I found... my rookie against Tribal Warrior (me about 100 energy; TriWar over 600.) I lost in spectacular fashion after ducking about 15 Greetings from the Islands. Hell, he only had to connect with one.

Continued success, and as your character develops it would be interesting to know if you add any new moves to your repetoire as you gain my speed or tech skills.

Guest Cheesegood

I don't know much about Wrestling Spirit, but this diary is very interesting. At times it seems a bit shallow, if you know what I mean, perhaps you could flesh it out more?

Don't forget to learn the Kikkawa Forearm...devastating.

Plus I'm a Kikkawa mark :D

Way to win most of your matches, I hope it doesn't get your ass kicked by a main eventer with major skill.

I haven't faced any really decent people yet, so my winning streak is kinda overrated ;).

For the most part this is an enjoyable diary, I'm not sure if I need to know everyone that you talk to, but it does make for the observation that all advice doesn't help. What scares me is when someone learns psychology from one of the Hillbillys or mic manners from Jim Force. Also never acknowledged is that apparently in the Cornell-a-verse everyone speaks Cornellian because you can learn mic skills from anyone.

Rookies are tricky in Wrestling Spirit because at the outset you're doomed to be VERY under-energized against a veteran. The most mismatched I found... my rookie against Tribal Warrior (me about 100 energy; TriWar over 600.) I lost in spectacular fashion after ducking about 15 Greetings from the Islands. Hell, he only had to connect with one.

Continued success, and as your character develops it would be interesting to know if you add any new moves to your repetoire as you gain my speed or tech skills.

I intend to keep people up to date about new moves and gains in my wrestling stats when they happen :). Thanks for the detailed feedback.

I don't know much about Wrestling Spirit, but this diary is very interesting. At times it seems a bit shallow, if you know what I mean, perhaps you could flesh it out more?

There's not a lot more to WreSpi than I'm doing. The match length dictates the length of my writing of matches, and I don't do much else on the menu. Just happens to be that way :).

Wednesay, Week 4, June 2005

With a contract with UCR sewn up, I headed back over to Japan for my fourth WLW show.

WLW Lashing Out

Fox, Kimura, Muro, Ieyasu vs. Taira, Kojima, Ishibashi and Takashita

Haru Kurofuji interview

Billy Russell and Yosuke Oinuma vs. Booger Man and Masked Cougar

Deano Machino vs. Morimasa Kato

C2K vs. Yoshitaka Akaike

Umehara, Machine, Karasu and Shunji vs. Tic, Shark, Maeda and Hyobashi

The Incredible Koyama vs. Hell Monkey

Koji Kojima Interview

Dark Eagle and Haru Kurofuji vs. Emerald Angel and the Great Hisato

---------------------------

My Opponent

Yoshitaka Akaike is a young all-rounder who is hoping to become a player in the wrestling industry.

- 22 Years Old

- Very Professional

- Face Opener

- Japan Overness = 8

Backstage

Sadakuno Nishimuraya gave me Psychology tips

Namiyo Muro gave me Psychology tips

Masked Cougar gave me Psychology tips

Yasuhiko Taira gave me Psychology Tips

Awesome Thunder gave me Psychology tips

Isei Deushi gave me Mic Skills tips

Haru Kurofuji gave me Psychology tips

Booger Man refused to help me

The Match

Akaike starts off trying to hit a punch, but C2K manages to avoid it, and hits a punch oif his own, following that up with a Running Clothesline. An Elbow Dorp and a Leg Drop both hit, but when C2K picks Akaike up to try and hit a Bodyslam, Akaike breaks the move, and hits a running clothesline of his own. A stomp, a Choke Hold and a leg drop all connect, but a second choke hold is slipped out of, but Akaike stops C2K's attempted Atomic Drop with a punch. Akaike then hits a Vertical Suplex and a DDT to take full control of the match.

Akaike hits a leg drop, before picking C2K back up, but misses a shoulder tackle. C2K hits a backbreaker, and follows it up with a twisting neckbreaker and an elbow drop. C2K hits an arm wringer, and then hits a piledriver to really set himself up for victory. He picks Akaike up again, and manages to nail the C2KO to the surprise of the crowd. He covers him, and gets the rather anti-climatic pinfall.

C2K def. Yoshitaka Akaike by Pinfall

Grade: C

Time: 6 Minutes

Opinion: The match seemed kinda disjointed, I can't really pinpoint why exactly.It did just seem very formulaic, one guy has offense, the other guy has offense, the first guy has offense, hits his finisher, wins. I'm guessing that this C2K guy is getting pushed, as he's won a lot of matches recently. He may be a good talent in the future, but right now he's very green.

WLW Lashing Out

Taira, Kojima, Ishibashi and Takashite def. Fox, Kimura, Muro and Ieyasu

Haru Kurofuji Interview

Billy Russell and Yosuke Oinuma def. Booger Man and Masked Cougar

Morimasa Kato def. Deano Machino

C2K def. Yoshitaka Akaike

Tic, Shark, Maeda and Hyobashi def. Umehara, Machine, Karasu and Shunji

Hell Monkey def. The Incredible Koyama

Koji Kojima Interview

Emerald Angel and the Great Hisato def. Dark Eagle and Haru Kurofuji

1 New Message

- Psychology Tips

Your psychology has improved thanks to the tips that Masked Cougar gave you.

Psychology moves to 22

Japan overness moves to 4

Guest Dwight Mighton

Ok, where did C2K post that the C2KO was a Inverted Ruby Fission Piledriver? I checked this diary a couple of times before trying to figure out what the C2KO was by myself.

Wow, a new member that pays attention, reads the posts and makes his point without being a jerk about it.

Well done. It's nice to see that there's intelligent life out there that hasn't been drawn in to the EWB madness yet.

I insist that you learn the Kikkawa Lariat!

KIKKAWA LAAAAAAAAAAAARIAT~!

Guest Cheesegood

There's not a lot more to WreSpi than I'm doing. The match length dictates the length of my writing of matches, and I don't do much else on the menu. Just happens to be that way :).

Wow, a new member that pays attention, reads the posts and makes his point without being a jerk about it.

Well done. It's nice to see that there's intelligent life out there that hasn't been drawn in to the EWB madness yet.

OK, I'll learn the damn move :P.

Oh, okay. :)

It seems to be improving rapidly, so eventually this will become a must-read diary IMO.

Damn right it's a must-read! And a must-reply!

I know, here I thought I'd finally made it in EWB and would enjoy my first diary-spoiling-pointless-flaming-war. Instead I'll thank Mr. Mighton for point it out to me. I assumed (incorrectly) that the C2KO might be somewhere in the early posts and not in one of the match write-ups.

There's not a lot more to WreSpi than I'm doing. The match length dictates the length of my writing of matches, and I don't do much else on the menu. Just happens to be that way .

I find the pure competitive nature to be a drawback in FiSpi, and to this I think you should slowly improve your character. Try out new gimmicks and catchphrases. Try to work spots into your matches where the fans know what's coming next. Say a particular move combo or a time or place in the match that pops the crowd. Perhaps you could work in some sort of trademark celebration after a popular or difficult move. Just some random ideas to help make your good diary that much better.

But that involves using my imagination, and believe me, that's not a wise move ;).

Before my next show, I had a message given to me by Sophie.

- RoF meeting

Ring of Fire have requested to meet with you as soon as possible. The purpose of the meeting has not been disclosed.

They wanted me to join their promotion, which was obviously a nice thing to be asked. They offered me $50 per appearance, more than with any other promotion, and gave me a midcarder role. I happily accepted their offer, and headed off to the UK to perform in their show.

They didn't even bloody use me.

ROF Welcome to the Party

Carl Edwards vs. The Scotsman

Alpha Female vs. Nate Manchester

Merle O'Curle vs. Jonni Dyslexic

Menace vs. Geordie Jimmy

I hung around backstage for a bit, and got a few bits of microphone and psychology advice from people who were there. I wasn't particularly interested though, as I was still pissed at not being booked.

ROF Welcome to the Party

Carl Edwards def. The Scotsman

Alpha Female def. Nate Manchester

Merle O'Curle def. Jonni Dyslexic to win the ROF Championship Title

Geordie Jimmy def. Menace

So that ended my first month in the pro wrestling business on somewhat of a sour note, but at least I'd made some good progress in the last four weeks.

Stats

Power: 17 (+1)

Technique: 6 (+4)

Speed: 15 (+3)

Stamina: 24 (-)

Psychology: 22 (+14)

Toughness: 14 (+4)

Safety: 23 (+4)

Charisma: 31 (-)

Microphone Skills: 27 (+8)

Looks: 15

Overness

USA - 2

Canada - 1

Mexico - 0

Japan - 4

UK - 3

Europe - 2

Australia - 0

And so another month was set to begin...

Monday, Week 1, July 2005

I looked at my schedule and realised that my next show was an ROF show as well. And it was the very next day. I walked back into the arena, expecting once again to be there solely to make a few cups of tea and fetch some fresh towels. However, my bitterness was unjustified, as the card had my name on it.

ROF Private World

The Scotsman and C2K vs. Manchester Fly Boy and Alpha Female

Nate Manchester vs. Carl Edwards

Don Henderson and Merle O'Curle vs. Chuck Frisby and Geordie Jimmy

Menace vs. Leo Price

My Partner

The Scotsman is a rookie from Glasgow, who has shown great promise... just not in his wrestling career. Has somehow found work with several promotions since his debut 2 years ago, which has led to suspicions that he is bribing promoters.

- 23 Years Old

- Abrasive

- Heel Midcarder

- UK Overness = 3

My Opponents

Manchester Fly Boy is a very young, very lightweight high flier. He is from the heart of Manchester, although nobody holds that against him.

- 19 Years Old

- Professional

- Heel Midcarder

- UK Overness = 3

Alpha Female is a tough competitor from Europe, who beats down opponents with pure power.

- 34 Years Old

- Professional

- Heel Midcarder

- UK Overness = 2

Backstage I got the usual advice on psychology and the like, and soon I was heading out to the ring.

The Match

Fly Boy starts off with a knife edge chop that sends the Scotsman to the floor immediately. He misses a back kick, and Scotsman comes back with an arm wringer, but Fly Boy slips out of an attempted Suplex. Scotsman avoids a Schoolboy and hits a Running Clothesline, but misses a fist drop. Fly Boy tries to tag out to Alpha Female, but Scotsman stops him and hits a DDT, before tagging his partner C2K in.

C2K kicks Fly Boy in the gut, and goes for a DDT, but Fly Boy breaks it, nails a palm thrust, and this time manages to tag Alpha Female in. She immediately misses a slap, and C2K retaliates with a punch and an enziguri kick. He then picks Alpha up, locks in a front facelock, and hits a running clothesline to knock her off her feet. C2K picks her up, kicks her in the gut, and nails a vicious piledriver. He picks her up again, and hits his new move, the Armenian Apple Crush, before pinning her for a two count.

C2K waits for Alpha to get back to her feet, and nails her with a HUGE Spear! C2K waits for Alpha to get up, and hits the traditional pre-finisher arm wringer (now called the Arm Death), but Alpha forearms C2K in the face before he can hit the C2KO. Alpha then hits back with a Samoan Drop, and follows that up with a Surfboard. Alpha picks C2K up, but he avoids an attempted Charging Forearm, and hits a Back Suplex. C2K picks her up, and hits the C2KO, but Alpha musters some fighting spirit to kick out.

C2K gets annoyed, and goes for the C2KO again, but Alpha blocks it, and makes it over to her corner to tag Fly Boy back in. Fly Boy comes straight out with a DDT to take C2K down, but C2K avoids a Seated Dropkick. An elbow drop misses, but as Fly Boy attempts to hit a Lightning Kick, C2K catches his foot, spins him round, and nails a devastating C2KO. C2K covers, and gets the pinfall victory.

C2K and The Scotsman def. Manchester Fly Boy and Alpha Female by Pinfall

Time: 9 Minutes

Grade: C

ROF Private World

C2K and The Scotsman def. Manchester Fly Boy and Alpha Female

Carl Edwards def. Nate Manchester

Don Henderson and Merle O'Curle def. Chuck Frisby and Geordie Jimmy

Leo Price def. Menace

1 New Message

My psychology rose to 24.

I also got to have a look at my financial status, and in June, I had made a total of $80. I spent $500 on food. I was in debt of $420, now only $370 thanks to my ROF appearance. Yikes.

C2KO'ing a woman would've been so much cooler than C2KO'ing a 19 year old kid :( But oh well :P

Since when were you from Armenia? And since when was the Arm Death a good idea for a name? :P

I'd encourage others to leave feedback, as I know Chris loves it, and he didn't just tell me to say that on MSN. No sir. Nope, not at all. Honest. :shifty:

Edited by TheReilDeal

C2KO'ing a woman would've been so much cooler than C2KO'ing a 19 year old kid :( But oh well :P

Since when were you from Armenia? And since when was the Arm Death a good idea for a name? :P

I'd encourage others to leave feedback, as I know Chris loves it, and he didn't just tell me to say that on MSN. No sir. Nope, not at all. Honest. :shifty:

Why you little...

user posted image