Your top 10 bands/artists

Guest George

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is mine, which is pretty much currently, as I believe that Disturbed has slipped a bit because Believe was good, but just not good enough since the recent work of KsE and Godsmack to stay at #1...Also, I have so many favorites that at the end, it was kinda hard to put certain people where they are, so yeah.

01. Killswitch Engage

02. Godsmack

03. Disturbed

04. Lamb of God

05. Chevelle

06. A Perfect Circle

07. Tool

08. Flaw

09. Slipknot

10. Pantera

This is difficult, because I change my musical tastes insanely often so I find it hard to choose "favourites". I'll leave out Jonny & The Rats, a local band who would normally be fighting for the top spot :P

1. Jeff Buckley

2. The Smiths

3. The Cure

4. Sisters Of Mercy

5. Tori Amos

6. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

7. Johnny Cash

8. The Misfits

9. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

10. The Birthday Party

1 - NIN, I think I listened to Pretty Hate Machine about 100 times the week I purchased it. After that I picked up every other NIN album available and have no regrets. Favorite song, Hurt.

2 - Alicia Keys - There's something about the way she writes and sings that conveys emotions that no one else of this generation can. Favorite song, Diary.

3 - Smashing Pumpkins - Billy Corgan's ego aside, I think they're the only band that can pull off a song like Bullet With Butterfly Wings and then go into something like 1979 and have everyone in the audience sing along faithfully to both. Favorite song, Disarm.

4 - Nirvana - I know it's trendy to act as though Nirvana sucks these days, but I still think they defined an entire generation of music and influenced another generation of musicians, which is more than most bands can ever say. Favorite song, All Apologies.

5 - Incubus - I think they're one of the best rock bands around, and their last 3 albums have been some of the best shit I've ever heard, with special nods to Make Yourself and Morning View (one of my fave albums of all time) Favorite song, Wish You Were Here.

6 - Pearl Jam - They were the first alternative/grunge/rock/whatever you want to call them band I ever really got into, even when I used to listen to Hip-Hop. Ten is probably the best "grunge" album ever made. Favorite song, Why Go.

7 - Sarah McLachlan - I just love her voice. Surfacing and Fumbling Towards Ecstacy are both great listens. Favorite song, Possession.

8 - Tool - I've always liked Tool since I saw the video for Sober, which I think is one of the best concept videos I've ever seen. However, the lyrical genius that is Maynard James Keenan is never more evident than on Stinkfist. Favorite song, Stinkfist.

9 - Linkin Park - Sue me, I like Linkin Park. I'm sure in a few years I might rank them higher but with only 2 1/2 albums out (The Hybrid Theory EP might be their best work even though it's an EP and almost impossible to find) it's hard to place them higher than the other groups that play their style of music. Favorite song, In The End.

10 - Alice in Chains - Layne Staley's one of my favorite vocalists, and I really enjoyed most of their work, I just never really got to see too much of them, so they ended up 10th. Favorite song, Rooster.

Of the moment;

10. Queen

9. Ozzy Osbourne

8. The Music

7. The Killers

6. The Beatles

5. Led Zeppelin

4. The Zutons

3. Keane

2. Oasis

1. AC/DC

Ask me again next week and it'll probably be completely different (aside from AC/DC; they're not budging :D).

You/re not going to..... *DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH* make a list are you....From 100 to 1?!?!?!

From the looks of the bands chosen by people in here, it's gonna be even worse than Jook's.

I :wub: Jook.

Too much nu-metal, that's the problem.

In order:

1. Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Solo Work, Audioslave collectively in that order...)

2. Alice In Chains

3. Incubus

4. Red Hot Chilli Peppers

5. The White Stripes

6. Stone Temple Pilots

7. Rage Against The Machine

8. Black Sabbath

9. Pearl Jam

10. Killswitch Engaged

Mentions also go out to, in absolutely no order, SOAD, Johnny Cash, Nirvana, Eminem (when he's being serious), and the Rolling Stones.

Guest Ritrais

Ok here's mine it the number one changes fairly frequently but this is what's correct at the moment for me.

1 AFI

2 System of a Down

3 Nirvana

4 Skillet

5 Tupac

6 Smashing Pumpkins

7 Staind

8 Alice In Chains

9 Royce Da 5'9

10 No Doubt

This is difficult, because I change my musical tastes insanely often so I find it hard to choose "favourites". I'll leave out Jonny & The Rats, a local band who would normally be fighting for the top spot :P

1. Jeff Buckley

2. The Smiths

3. The Cure

4. Sisters Of Mercy

5. Tori Amos

6. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

7. Johnny Cash

8. The Misfits

9. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

10. The Birthday Party

Nick Cave twice? :unsure: btw you're list looks like my sister's except the misfits or a friend of mine except nick cave. :P

Eeep....I didn't realise I'd put Nick Cave twice...never mind...