Futurama

Agent Risktaker

Guest OnlyOneKeano

futurama > simpsons In my opinion . After the first series simpsons was ok then in the end they got poor again . the one where they meet tony blair was the last simpsons i have watched and it was terrible

"Luck Of The Fryish", where Fry believed that his brother Yancy was stealing everything of his out of spite.

That's a great episode. Futurama was really REALLY good up until I think it was season three or four where it all turned to crud.

Speaking of futurama, did anyone see the season finale of the Simpsons? The (not-so-hard-to-catch) Futurama reference in there was great.

"Why did they cancel futurama?!"

*plunges off cliff*

That's a great episode. Futurama was really REALLY good up until I think it was season three or four where it all turned to crud.

"Luck Of The Fryish" was part of the third season, "30% Iron Chef" (where Bender takes on Elzar in an Iron Chef cookoff) was in season four, and the greatest Futurama episode ever was in season five: "Jurassic Bark".

So I dare say Futurama stayed pretty good up until its end.

Guest TheKarnivalShow

I love that episode of Futurama, everytime I watch and Yancy says the line about naming his son Fry after his uncle strikes an emotional chord with me.

It was hardly crud. Season One has zero bad episodes. Season Two has Zero bad episodes. Season Three has one bad episode (That's Lobstertainment) and Season Four has one bad episode (The Sting).

You won't find a better good to bad ratio in any other show.

It was hardly crud. Season One has zero bad episodes. Season Two has Zero bad episodes. Season Three has one bad episode (That's Lobstertainment) and Season Four has one bad episode (The Sting).

Yeah, this is all subject to opinion, but I thought "The Sting" was pretty good, but only after you see the last episode. It was the best setup of Fry & Leela, and not to mention Bender's lament about waffles.

I think the main reason I disliked it, was the way it's positioned in the series. It's very, very close (When watched in order) To obsoletely fabulous. Which is *SPOILERS*

Another dream sequence episode, which I think on the whole was far superior. I've never been a fan of Dream sequence episodes in any show anyway, which probably didn't help the cause either.

I think the main reason I disliked it, was the way it's positioned in the series. It's very, very close (When watched in order) To obsoletely fabulous. Which is  *SPOILERS*

Yeah, but you've got to figure that "Obsoletely" focuses primarily on Bender. It's a similar premise in how the character develops, but story-wise, "The Sting" was necessary.

That being said, there's no better Bender moment than when he...

Makes a canoe out of a "Boating Prohibited" sign while bawling his eyes out.

I've never laughed as hard while watching the show than with that.

Man, I loved The Sting. It's quite possibly my favorite episode. I thought it was really meaningful, and the ending was perfect. I loved That's Lobstertainment, too. Man, I miss that show.

I think my favorite episode was Spanish Fry from Season Four. It has All my favorite Bender lines in it. I very much doubt I can convey the absolute hilarity of them in text, but I shall type them out anyway to refresh the memories of those who have seen it.

Bender: Hey look! Bigfoot! He's bacK!

Animal Conservationist Guy: Where?!

Bender: Up your face!

Bender: Everybody do the Bender!

I laughed so hard at the up your face line, and the dance he does afterwards is just as funny. I almost had a heart attack.

Then, just as I was recovering from that line.

Bender: Fry, Fry wake up! It's me! Bigface!

I love how Bender makes absolutely no effort to disguise his voice. So funny.

Then just as you thought the Bender-funny was over for the episode, he starts making the aside jokes. So someone will say something, and Bender will yell from offscreen a responce. Example.

Fry: Yes! I never thought I'd escape with my doodle, but I pulled it out!

Bender: Just like at the movie theatre!

:lol:

I miss that show :(

"Luck Of The Fryish" was part of the third season, "30% Iron Chef" (where Bender takes on Elzar in an Iron Chef cookoff) was in season four, and the greatest Futurama episode ever was in season five:  "Jurassic Bark".

So I dare say Futurama stayed pretty good up until its end.

What happened in Jurassic Bark?