WWE Smackdown!: After WrestleMania XXI

The Quasi Juice

user posted image

Results, 22 April 2005

Ultimo Dragon & Akio vs. Chavo Guerrero & Funaki ©

Smackdown! starts with a exciting Cruiserweight contest. Ultimo Dragon turned Heel last week when he didn't accept Chavo's handshake. Chavo has a chance to get revenge on Ultimo tonight. The bell rings and Ultimo begins against the current king of the Cruiserweights, believe it or not, Funaki. Ultimo arm drags Funaki and he connects with a beautiful dropkick. Ultimo immediately locks Funaki in the Dragon Sleeper but Chavo breaks the hold. Ultimo locks Funaki in a Headlock and Funaki slowly gets back to his feet while Ultimo still has the hold applied on him. Funaki gets to the ropes and he quickly kicks Ultimo into a corner. Funaki hits Ultimo with a couple of right hands before going for a Hurricanranna but Ultimo takes control in mid-air and he crushes Funaki with a hard Powerbomb followed by a pin, 1...2....! That was close. At 6:01 Akio and Ultimo tag each other quickly in and out to take down Chavo Guerrero. Akio tries to hit Chavo with a spinning wheelkick but Chavo avoids the pain and he tries to nail Akio with a kick to the mid-section but Akio grabs his foot only to get nailed by Chavo's other leg! Chavo points towards Ultimo before crushing Akio with the Gory Bomb! Chavo goes for the cover but Ultimo breaks the count with a Slingshot Leg Drop. Ultimo kicks Chavo down and he drags Akio to there corner and he tags himself in. Chavo tags Funaki. Funaki hops into the ring only to get drilled by a Shining Wizard from Ultimo! Ultimo kicks Chavo off the apron and he applies the Dragon Sleeper to Funaki and Funaki taps out! After the match Ultimo Dragon keeps holding on to the Dragon Sleeper until referee's break it up.

--------------------

Winners: Ultimo Dragon & Akio

(84,73,95)

GOT YA BACK MAN

Al Snow is backstage getting ready for his match against Mark Jindrak which is up next. Hardcore Holly appears.

Holly: 'Al, it's been a while since you've stepped in the ring to wrestle in a normal Smackdown! match ey?'

Snow: 'Yeah it's a long time ago, too long. I thought when I started Tough Enough again this year I would quit wrestling after Tough Enough but when I stood in that ring with Daniel Puder and the other guys in front of all the fans I decided to do one last run'

Holly: 'Well Al, you deserve to be in the spotlight again. Tonight when you face Mark Jindrak, Jindrak will probably have that dumbass Luther Reigns by his side helping him out. Tell ya what, I'm going to be by YOUR side and I'll have your back and I'll make sure Reigns doesn't interfere. The only thing you need to do is make sure you beat Mark Jindrak's ass! How 'bout that?'

Al Snow wants to hug Hardcore Holly.

Holly: 'Wow there Al, let's do this like real man'

Holly and Snow shake hands before they walk away.

(64)

Mark Jindrak vs. Al Snow

Hardcore Holly was right; Jindrak has Luther Reigns by his side in this match. Jindrak does a pose on the turnbuckles before Al Snow's new music theme starts playing. Holly tells Reigns he has his eyes on him as the bell rings. Snow avoids a clothesline from Jindrak and he crushes Jindrak with a Bulldog. Snow locks Jindrak in a Headlock but he unleashes the quickly only to lock Jindrak in a Crossface, which is famous because it's Chris Benoit's finisher. The crowd goes nuts for Snow while Jindrak screams in pain until Luther Reigns breaks the hold. Hardcore Holly rolls into the ring and he hits Reigns with a stiff right hand before hitting Reigns with a Body Slam. Reigns rolls out of the ring and Holly goes out of the ring too. At 5:23 Jindrak has control over Snow. Jindrak hits Snow with a Scoop Slam followed up by two Elbow Drops to the chest of Snow. Jindrak jumps onto the top rope and he waits for Snow to stand up only to hit Snow with a breathtaking Flying Clothesline! Jindrak hooks Snow's leg, 1....2...Snow manages to kick out! Jindrak notices Holly cheering on Snow and he surprises Holly with a Baseball Slide! Jindrak throws Snow out of the ring to Luther Reigns. Reigns starts hitting Snow with big chops to his back until Snow blocks a right hand. Snow drills Reigns with a Knife Edge Chop followed by a three Headbutts! Snow quickly rolls back into the ring where Jindrak is waiting for him. Jindrak wants to run towards Snow for a Clothesline but Hardcore Holly is back to his feet and he grabs Jindrak's foot, making Jindrak fall face first to the mat! Snow picks Jindrak up and he hits Jindrak with the Snow Plow followed by a cover and a victory! After the match Hardcore Holly and Al Snow celebrate the win.

--------------------

Winner: Al Snow

(74,65,84)

INTERVIEW

Booker T is backstage with Josh Matthews!

Matthews: 'Booker T, in the main event tonight you face a man who has beaten the best in the business today. Why do you think you'll be able to beat John Bradshaw Layfield?'

Booker T: 'Because I am the best wrestler on the Smackdown! roster, I am the best wrestler the WWE has to offer. TONIGHT, The Bookerman will go down in history as the man who will FINISH John Bradshaw Layfield's awful and disgusting WWE Title reign'

Matthews: 'But you have wrestled JBL already four times before and he beat you every time. Why would this time be any different?'

Booker T: 'Because the time has come that the Bookerman will reign supreme in the World Wrestling Entertainment. The time has come for Booker T to become a 1-time WWE Champion. The time has come for Booker T to start a new era in wrestling history, the Booker T era......'

Matthews: 'That certainly sounds interesting but..'

Booker T: 'CAN YOU DIG THAT, SUCKA?!'

Booker T pushes Matthews into the wall and he walks away. Matthews looks shocked and then Bobby Lashley and William Jones appear in front of Matthews....

Lashley and Jones: 'SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAA!'

(90)

GOING TO THE TOP

John Cena makes his way out to the ring to a huge pop from the crowd. Cena has been on fire lately. He has been defending the United States Title easily and he almost became the new WWE World Champion last week. Cena grabs a microphone.

Cena: 'Yo yo yo, no rap from me any 'mo. But don't worry folks, I'm not going to act like some homo.....John Bradshaw Layfield, you almost lost your precious title last week and I almost won it. I came this close (he shows how close it was) to becoming the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. I found out that night that I am destined for greatness. My goal from now on is going to the top of the business, going to the top of the WWE. Winning the WWE World Championship! Yo JBL, I have my eyes set on your belt and when John Cena has his eyes set on something he can't be stopped from getting it. Soon I'll walk around with not one, but TWO belts. Then I'll come to this ring with the United States Title on my left shoulder and the WWE Title on my right shoulder and then I'll be the BEST OF THE BEST! WORD LIFE!'

John Cena throws the microphone away.

(84)

WWE United States Title Match!

John Cena © vs. Charlie Haas vs. Carlito Cool

Carlito has been seeking revenge on Cena for his loss at WrestleMania XXI. Haas has been tagging with Hardcore Holly the last couple of months but that is over now. The bell rings and Cena attacks Cool with right and left hands. Haas grabs Cena from behind and he hits Cena with a Bridged German Suplex, 1...2...thre, Cena kicks out! Haas was extremely close to the US Title there. Haas whips Cool into the ropes and he connects with a dropkick to Cool's mid-section. Haas locks Cool into the Haas of Pain but Cena breaks the hold by clotheslining Haas down. The crowd starts a big "Cena! Cena!" chant while John Cena starts dominating Carlito. At 7:09 all three men are lying down on the mat and the crowd applauds them. Cena uses the ropes to get back to his feet and he is the only man standing. Cena does the "you can't see me" signs in front of Haas and Cool. Suddenly JBL's music starts playing and JBL and Orlando Jordan run to the ring to huge boo's from the crowd. Cena tells JBL to bring it on but JBL and Jordan decide to look at ringside. Cool and Haas get back up. Cena hits Cool with a big DDT followed by a roll-up but Haas breaks the pin. Haas whips Cena into the corner and he tries to connect it with a big Clothesline but Cena jumps away at the last second! Cool goes for a big kick to Cena's face but Cena ducks it. Cena nails Cool with a Running Forearm. Cena pumps the crowd up for the F-U as he waits for Cool to stand back up. The crowd chant heavily for Cena but suddenly John Bradshaw Layfield rolls into the ring and he clocks Cena with the WWE Title while Orlando Jordan distracts the referee! JBL quickly gets out of the ring and Charlie Haas jumps back to his feet. Haas locks Cena into the Haas of Pain and...........CENA TAPS OUT! John Cena has lost the WWE United States Title because of JBL's interference! The crowd boos for JBL and they cheer a little bit for Charlie Haas. After the match JBL and Orlando Jordan walk away with big smiles on there faces.

-------------------

Winner: Charlie Haas ©

(80,78,82)

BIG STAREDOWN

Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar are backstage.

Heyman: 'Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, dudes and dudettes, the Next Big Thing, no wait....the Current Big Thing, Brock Lesnar is back in the World Wrestling Entertainment and he's back to dominate Smackdown! once again! Brock decided to return to wrestling because that is what he loves to do and Brock decided to take me as his manager again because his best days as wrestler in the WWE were with ME, PAUL HEYMAN!'

Brock Lesnar smiles but the Big Show appears and the crowd cheer for the giant.

Show: 'So you are back huh? Well lemme tell you Brock; you think you can just return to the WWE and immediately go for the WWE Title again like you did last week huh? Well you are wrong Brock; a lot of things have changed while you were sitting on your lazy ass. Nowadays you have to earn your spot on a Pay-Per-View, you have to earn your spot in the big leagues in the WWE'

Lesnar: 'I don't care if I have to earn my spot because I can take on anyone!'

Big Show looks at Brock Lesnar and then he looks at Paul Heyman. Show starts to laugh.

Lesnar: 'What is so damn funny fat ass?'

Show: 'Hahaha, I was just thinking. Standing beside you is the man who screwed you out of the WWE Title, hahaha, with ME! Hahahahaha Brock, I was the one who took that belt away from you!'

Lesnar: 'I'm glad you find that funny 'cause I sure as hell don't! Big Show, you want me to show the world that I deserve to be the next WWE Champion huh? Well okay, you and me, in the ring, right now!'

Show and Lesnar have a stare down until Show pushes Lesnar into Heyman.

Show: 'You're on b*tch! Just like old times! Haha'

There big match is up next and it'll be off tha hook!

(77)

Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar

Here Comes the Pain! Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman make there way out to the ring the same way they always did. Lesnar hops from one leg to the other before entering the ring and it feels like is has been years since Lesnar wrestled for the WWE. WELL, WELL IT'S THA BIG SHOW! Crowd erupts to cheers as the Big Show slowly walks to the ring. The bell rings and Lesnar and Big Show wait for each other to make a move. The crowd gets on Lesnar's nerves as they chant "you sold out! you sold out!". Suddenly Big Show crushes Lesnar into the corner. Show grabs Lesnar and he tosses the Current Big Thing to the other side of the ring. The crowd cheers heavily as Big Show squashes Lesnar in the corner. Show hits Lesnar with a couple of big right hands before grabbing him by his throat but Lesnar grabs Show's arm and he locks Show in a Wrist Lock. Lesnar kicks Show in the mid-section before picking Show up, F5 TO THE GIANT! Paul Heyman screams towards Lesnar to pin the Big Show but Lesnar wants Show to face him again. Big Show slowly gets back to his feet and Lesnar has a big smirk on his face. Lesnar tries to whip Show into the ropes but Show just stays where he is standing! Firm on the ground. Show pulls Lesnar towards him and a big Clothesline follows! At 10:12 , Show goes for a Leg Drop but Lesnar rolls out of the ring. Heyman and Lesnar argue at ringside until the referee orders Lesnar to get back into the ring. Lesnar slides back into the ring and Show immediately hits Lesnar with a right hand. Show goes for another big right hand but Lesnar blocks it and...F5 TO THE BIG SHOW AGAIN! Lesnar covers the Big Show, 1...2...Show kicks out! BY GAWD ALMIGHTY! Lesnar goes ballistic and he goes for another F5 but Show counters and he knocks Lesnar down with a big chop to his back. Show grabs Lesnar by his throat and he Chokeslams Lesnar. Show picks Lesnar up and another Chokeslam! The Big Show yells something to the fans and they cheer him on. Show picks Lesnar up one more time, CHOKESLAM! Show hooks Lesnar's leg, 1....2...3! Brock Lesnar was still a bit rusty in the ring and Show took advantage of that. After the contest Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman vowed revenge on the Big Show.

-------------------

Winner: Big Show

(80,83,76)

WWE Tag Team Titles Match!

RVD and Mysterio © vs. The Flying Cousins

Mikey Batts had an amazing debut as he wrestled for the tag titles in a 5 star match! Batts showed that he has a lot of potential and his teamwork with his cousin Billy Kidman was almost perfect. Although Rob Van Dam and Rey Mysterio had a very hard time holding on to the Tag Titles in this match they managed to retain them once again. At 5:55, Billy Kidman goes for the Shooting Star Press but Mysterio rolls away just in time to avoid being hit. Mysterio tags RVD who hits Kidman with two 5 Star Frog Splashes in a freakin' row! RVD got the victory with a roll-up. After the match the Dudley Boyz came to the ring and they tried to take out RVD and Mysterio but they fought back bravely. RVD nailed both Dudleys with a steel chair! Robbie V and Mysterio rule baby!

------------------

Winners: RVD and Mysterio ©

(88,81,95)

NO MATCH

Kurt Angle is backstage and he is seemingly pissed off about something. Angle looks into the camera.

Angle: 'Can you guys believe this?! I don't even have a goddamn match on this show...it's unbelievable. The WWE has only one Olympic Hero, they should cherish him, they should give him the attention he wants. I deserve to have a match on a show like Smackdown! but that stupid mofo, Theodore Long, decided to give me the night off. BUT A OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST doesn't want a freakin' night off! Oh it's true, it's damn true! And I'm going...'

Suddenly Eddie Guerrero appears to a huge pop from the crowd.

Eddie: 'Yo esse, I don't have a match either man. But unlike you, I am enjoying it. I'm keeping myself ready for when the chance comes along to become the WWE Champion again holmes. 'Cause believe me or not, I will be the WWE Champion again one day. I don't care if I have to face Booker T esse, or JBL, I can take both of them on!'

Angle: 'WHAT?! YOU are going to be the World Wrestling Entertainment Champion? No chance in hell, HOLMES. This Olympic Hero standing in front of you will take the WWE Championship away from Booker T, or from JBL any day of the freakin' week! When I have the chance to become the champ again I'll show you and the entire world who the best athlete in the WWE is.....Kurt Angle! Oh it's true, it's red white and blue true!'

Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle continue to argue as the screen fades.

(100)

WWE World Title Match!

John Bradshaw Layfield © vs. Booker T

We saw JBL interfere in the United States Title match earlier on in the show and it made Cena lose his title. JBL comes to the ring with Amy Weber, the Bashams and of course his Chief of Staff Orlando Jordan. They get received by the crowd with big ass boo's. The Cabinet does a pose in the ring before Booker T comes to the ring to an enormous pop from the crowd. Booker T has his homies Bobby Lashley and "Chilly Willy" William Jones by his side. They talk some shit to each other before the bell rings and everybody leaves the ring except for JBL and the Bookerman. The crowd starts to chant "Booker T! Booker T!". JBL gets distracted by Bobby Lashley and immediately Booker T takes his chance and he spears JBL into the corner. Suddenly Theodore Long's music starts playing and he walks to the ring. Long tells the Cabinet and the Sucka Squad to go away while Booker T is hitting JBL with right and left hands in the corner. Booker T hits JBL with a big knife edge chop across his chest and the crowd yells "whooooo!". Booker T does it again before whipping JBL into the ropes and knocking JBL down with a big boot to the face. Booker T locks JBL in a Headlock but JBL reverses and locks Booker T in his own Headlock. JBL yells "I am the champ of all champs" after crushing Booker T with a big Side Suplex. JBL kicks Booker T a couple of times before locking Booker T into a Headlock again. At 15:23 Booker T is dominating filthy rich champion, JBL. Booker T takes JBL to the outside of the ring. Booker T smashes JBL face first onto the ringsteps after choking JBL with the first rope. Booker T drags JBL to the announce table. He puts JBL on the announce table and he goes onto a turnbuckle. The crowd goes out of there seat as Booker T tries to hit JBL with the Harlem Hangover but JBL rolls away at the last second!! Both men lie on the ground for a while until JBL gets back to his feet. JBL rolls Booker T back into the ring and he smiles before rolling into the ring too. JBL whips Booker T into the ropes and he tries to connect it with the Clothesline From Hell but Booker T kicks JBL down! Booker T covers JBL, the crowd counts together with the referee, 1....2....JBL manages to get his foot on the second rope. Booker T yells "sucka!" before doing the Spinarooni and the crowd goes nuts. Booker T whips JBL into the ropes and he follows it up with a Spinebuster. Booker T orders JBL to get back to his feet again. Booker T whips JBL into the ropes but this time JBL TAKES DOWN BOOKER T WITH THE CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! Booker T is a victim of his own move! JBL quickly hooks Booker T's leg, one......two.....three! DAMMIT, how can he do it again! BAH GAWD!

-------------------

Winner: John Bradshaw Layfield ©

(84,88,77)

The show goes off the air with JBL celebrating his win while Booker T tries to pull himself back up with the ropes. This was another awesome Smackdown! and again JBL managed to retain his title! Until next time, see ya!

=====

We got a 5.44 rating for 'Smackdown!'!

The attendance level was 8004 people.

We made $320160 from ticket sales.

Road Agent: John Bradshaw Layfield and Booker T didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?

Billy Kidman: I think this regular team with Mikey Batts has run its course. I'm far more over - what about making the team inactive and letting me have a solo run?

Road Agent: Rob Van Dam and Rey Mysterio work well together as a team, it adds to their matches.

Chavo Guerrero: I think i should be higher up the card.

Road Agent: Chavo Guerrero and Funaki work well together as a team, it adds to their matches.

Edited by Flying Dutch Man

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JoeyMadDogg

Awesome show. They just seem to get better and better. Can't wait for the next one.

Though my one and only opinion, JBL has held the title fay too long, hows bout you let him lose it sooner than later? :) J/K

Its fun seeing someone who was once nothing keep on winning.

Guest JoeyMadDogg

Well, I do say JBL has had the title far too long, but I also said its good to see the title on him. He deserves the title. I love seeing people that were once, in the eyes of the WWE, non-World title contenders and then BAM! win the title and hold it for awhile, though when I think back, I think he is the first. I could see him holding the title longer, but I could also see him losing the title soon.

Just can't figure out to who:

Cena? Good one. Great thing it would be for him as champ.

Other than that, I have no idea. Angle has held too many times, someone else needs to win it.

Though I could see Holly get a push like JBL, go into the Main Event as a face and win the title from JBL after a while and then maybe turning heel.

Can't wait to see what happens.

WWEInsiders.com NEWS

"Val Venis has been transferred to Smackdown without any explanation. A lot of insiders think Venis has been unhappy on RAW. He has been jobbing on Heat and Venis didn't feel wanted backstage. It is expected that Val Venis will get a tag team partner soon to compete in the Tag Division. Smackdown! is trying to make the Tag Team Division exciting and fun again'

'NWA-TNA has released another worker, Bobby Roode. And again the WWE has picked a reject from TNA up. The WWE thinks Roode has potential and it is expected that he will debut soon'

Val Venis

user posted image

Bobby Roode

user posted image

user posted image

Results, 23 April 2005

Val Venis vs. Adam Windsor

English 19 year old Adam Windsor was given a chance to show the WWE that he belongs in the WWE and I have to say that he did a pretty good job for a 19 year old dude. Venis made his "debut" on Smackdown! with a victory. He is still doing the Porn Star thing and the fans begin to like it again. Venis got the win after hitting Windsor with Money Shot!

Winner: Val Venis

(59,55,78)

Video

Footage is shown of the last Smackdown! when Charlie Haas made Cena tap out to the Haas of Pain after John Bradshaw Layfield attacked him. Charlie Haas became the new WWE United States Champion!

(70)

Mike the Miz vs. Jimmy Snuka Jr.

Mike hasn't been doing much since he has been called up from Ohio Valley Wrestling. The fans still cheer for him and he's being used as a new Scotty 2 Hotty, a fun babyface. Mike tried to take control over Snuka Jr. in the beginning of the match but Snuka Jr. didn't allow him. Mike even went for the Mizmerizer once (a springboard Lou Thesz Press :P) but Snuka Jr. jumped away just in time. Snuka won the contest with the Superfly Splash followed by a cover and he used the ropes for leverage to get the three count. Snuka Jr. cheated his way out!

Winner: Jimmy Snuka Jr.

(60,65,70)

The Flying Cousins vs. The Sucka Squad

Bobby Lashley and William Jones have been undefeated lately (they have competed in 2 matches <_<) and Billy Kidman & Mikey Batts will try to be the first to beat Booker T's two buddies. Another great tag performance by Batts and Kidman. Kidman feels he should go solo because he's far more over then Batts but Batts is gaining heat from the crowd now too. At 5:23 William Jones flipped and he attacked Bobby Lashley who was the legal man. The cousins took there chance, Batts kicked Jones out of the ring while Kidman crushes Lashley with the lethal Shooting Star Press. Kidman hooked Lashley's leg, 1...2...3!

Winners: The Flying Cousins

(67,68,83)

Video

Another video is shown of Smackdown!, and this time it was about the WWE Champion John Bradshaw Layfield. He managed to hold on to the WWE Title again in a match against Booker T. Booker T got close to winning the belt but it was JBL who walked away with the title once again. Who will stop him?

(86)

Heidenreich vs. Paul London

It's time for the crazy Heidenreich to be punished in the main event of Velocity! London's fan base in the WWE is growing really fast. Heidenreich dominated London in the beginning of the match until London reversed a Powerbomb into a beautiful Hurricanranna. You'd think this match would suck but London managed to drag Heidenreich to a pretty good match. London won the match after hitting Heidenreich with the London Calling. After the match Heidenreich looked pissed off, and I think he wasn't acting!

Winner: Paul London

(66,71,78)

=====

We got a 4.61 rating for 'Velocity'!

The attendance level was 8009 people.

We made $320360 from ticket sales.

Brock Lesnar: I'd like to work with Daniel Puder if possible.

Billy Kidman: I don't think regularly teaming with Mikey Batts is a good idea. I'm getting far bigger crowd reactions - how about making the team inactive and giving me a singles run?

Mike the Miz: Jimmy Snuka Jr. and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Billy Kidman? I think our styles would really work well together.

Edited by Flying Dutch Man

I would turn Puder or Miz heel & have them feud.

Also it has been a great diary so far & if you want a new champion I would say Eddie Guerrero or if you can pick up a good wrestler out in the free agents & then give him the title. Either way it would work.

Great diary so far, keep it up.

Guest killacam2006

i can see Ultimo going for the cruiserweight title that can only be a good thing, ive got a feeling the hardcore holly push has started, angle and guerrero im so gonna mark out for, will book ever win the title?? Big Show beat Lesnar what were you thinking lol??? Haas could do a lot with the U.S Title. Overall another great Smackdown!!!

lethal Shooting Star Press

Great diary so far, just have a quick comment to make.

Mike The Miz's finisher isn't really the Mizmerizer, it is "The Mizard of Oz", and should be labeled as Impact. I'm not fully sure what The Mizard of Oz is, but he as said that is his finisher on his website.

WWEInsiders.com NEWS

"Heidenreich is released from his WWE contract. After Velocity where he cleanly lost to lightweight Paul London he flipped backstage. Heidenreich even tried to start a backstage fight with Paul London but security guards protected London. Vince McMahon immediately called him up to his office and he fired the crazy Heidenreich. Heidenreich has been acting really bad backstage the last couple of weeks and he was late at an important photo shoot. After he was fired Heidenreich said he was going to destroy the WWE. Yeah, right.....glad they fired him!"

Heidenreich

user posted image