Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

ROC

So, I was just flipping the TV channels just now and watched MTV2's Game Guide and found out that the main female character is voiced by....

Monica Bellucci.

Yeah, so I'm an obsessed mark, what's it to you. <_<

Anyways, to make it seem like this topic is useful and not just a markout, how good is the game? If it's any good, I'll put it on my list of games to get.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

By my calculations, Sands of Time is roughly ten trillion times better than Warrior Within. If you want to play Warrior Within, just replay Sands of Time. Seriously, Warrior Within perverted everything about Sands of Time that I loved. They made the prince all dark and angsty, they de-emphasized the puzzles in favor of combat, and took the humorous tone completely out of the game. Sands of Time is one of the best games ever, while Warrior Within is barely passable.

By my calculations, Sands of Time is roughly ten trillion times better than Warrior Within.  If you want to play Warrior Within, just replay Sands of Time.  Seriously, Warrior Within perverted everything about Sands of Time that I loved.  They made the prince all dark and angsty, they de-emphasized the puzzles in favor of combat, and took the humorous tone completely out of the game.  Sands of Time is one of the best games ever, while Warrior Within is barely passable.

Dammit HT, now ya got me all confused. First, all the reviews I've heard say it takes everything that made Sands of Time good and adds new elements that makes it great. Now you're telling me the opposite... my brain can't handle all this!

EGM gave it straight 8.5s and Game of the Month though.

Dammit HT, now ya got me all confused.  First, all the reviews I've heard say it takes everything that made Sands of Time good and adds new elements that makes it great.  Now you're telling me the opposite... my brain can't handle all this!

EGM gave it straight 8.5s and Game of the Month though.

I haven't played Sands of Time, but I quite like the darker element in what I've seen of Warrior Within. Emphasis on combat is good for me, I've never been much for puzzles.

Just one thing : Can he still do the go-back-in-time-doohicky-majig? That was neat.

And did anyone else notice the change in ratings? SOT is rated T and WW is rated M. I was looking at the two at Hastings today and apparently WW is more violent and has more sexual themes to it :blink:

The next PoP game was slated to be a darker game from the get-go, as the devs thought it was good to go in a direction that the series had yet to really take.

As for WW as compared to SoT: WW is the Duke Nukem of the series (more action, less thought, more twisted), whereas "Sands..." is more along the lines of a Metroid Prime-by-way-of-Jak (not as much action, more thought, little light-hearted at times).

Fair warning, though, both can be challenging in their own right.

Warrior Within is a good game

Sands of Time is a great game

and Metroid Prime 2 beats them all :P (well, definently Warrior Within)

EGM knows nothing about games.  They cater to the 14 year old moron who thinks that gaming began with GTA and ends with San Andreas. 

Oh please... EGM caters to the 14 year old moron who thinks that gaming began with Halo and ends with Halo 2.

Why don't you rent both games, and then come to your own conclusions?

(That's to Zero, btw)

Because that would take time and effort. I want to be led along like a sheep and told what to like... why else do you think I post in the Ring? :thumbsup:

Seriously though, I'm sure I can find Sands of Time for under $20 now, so I'll pick them both up. I don't do rentals, I rarely have time to play the games I buy, there's no way I could rent a game, play it and return it on time.