Extreme Championship Wrestling

user posted image

5/17/04

Live on SpikeTV!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Cole: “Do we ever have a show for you folks!!”

Paul Heyman: “Yes! No more Joey Styles!”

Cole: “Aside from that, a breaking announcement has come straight from the top of ECW! Extreme Championship Wrestling is hosting a contest where one lucky fan gets to actually oversee an event! Contestants will be taken for several weeks. We don’t have a set date yet, but get in your requests soon! If you win, you will be physically creating the matches that go on in our two-hour event!”

Heyman: “I just can’t wait for a night off.”

Cole: “Anyway, onto our first match…”

Four-Man Gauntlet Match: Chris Benoit vs. Rhyno vs. Lance Storm vs. Little Guido

A match made by Paul Heyman for Benoit’s “heinous” actions in recent weeks (aka screwing Benoit over), Paul made him run a gauntlet against three other men. Chris’ reward? Nothing. Chris Benoit made quick work of Storm and Guido with a submission by Crossface to each. Rhyno then made his way to the ring, and pounded away on Benoit. As Benoit was putting the final of the three German suplexes on the Man-Beast, Shawn Michaels trotted to the ring and gave the Sweet Chin Music to Chris Benoit. Rhyno was still down, and Benoit wasn’t moving. The ref rang the bell after 10 seconds, declaring the match a draw. Shawn Michaels then ran through the crowd after the bell rang, while Benoit tried to chase after him.

Winner: DRAW

Match Reaction = 66.1%

Match Quality = 74.4%

Overall Rating = 59.9%

Cole: “I can’t believe it, Paul! How can you let Shawn do such terrible things?”

Heyman: “Hey, that’s what you get when you run the gauntlet.”

ECW Tag Team Championship Match: Sabu & The Sandman vs. The Flock ©

Nothing real special in this match. Fans of ECW can tell that a giant tag team showdown is coming to a head. The ending pinfall showed Punk covering Sabu while the Sandman covered Acid. As the ref’s hand fell to three, he once again declared another draw! The Sandman left to some pretty derogatory remarks by the fans in PA.

Winner: DRAW

Match Reaction = 52.8%

Match Quality = 71.5%

Overall Rating = 56.6%

Cole: “Another draw? What is this, Paul?”

Heyman: “Am I in there referring, Mr. Cole? I’m sitting right here. It’s just a coincidence.”

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Eric Bischoff appears at the entrance way.

Bischoff: “I’m sorry, folks. Tonight, you will still see a match between the Undertaker and Rob Van Dam. However, it will not be for the World title. But don’t get me wrong; the Undertaker will still get his shot! And it will be in two weeks, at ECW: Hardcore Heaven! Although, the Phenom is not the only man getting his shot at the title. Eric Bischoff, your Director of Authority, announces a Deadly Draw Gauntlet Match for the ECW World Championship!”

The crowd cheers.

Bischoff: “It will be Raven…Cactus Jack…The Undertaker – all challenging Rob Van Dam for the title! So Rob, take notes tonight…your days as Champion could be numbered!”

Overall Rating = 63.7%

Heyman: “Finally, this will all come together in two weeks.”

ECW Television Championship - Street Fight: Raven vs. AJ Styles ©

AJ and Raven had one of the most incredible matches since ECW was put on the air. The street fight went all over the building until ending up back in the ring. Cactus Jack entered the ring with a steel chair. Raven ducked, and Cactus hit Styles! The ref never saw Cactus, as Raven was granted the victory and the title! Cactus entered the ring again, and all three proceeded to beat the living hell out of each other. Cactus Jack was like a madman, before Raven finally dumped him over the top rope. Raven then spit on the Television Championship, and walked back to the locker room. AJ Styles couldn’t believe it.

Winner: And new ECW Television Champion, Raven.

Match Reaction = 64.3%

Match Quality = 84.6%

Overall Rating = 76.0%

Cole: “My God, Paul! Raven and the Flock now hold 2 of the 3 ECW titles!”

Heyman: “But Raven just spat on the title. What does hold in store for ECW?”

Cole: “Well, folks, earlier this week I had the opportunity to sit down with Cactus Jack. And…well…take a look…”

=====

Cole: “Cactus…you returned to ECW just a few days ago and cleared the ring. You were able to take out Raven, Rob Van Dam, and the Undertaker. You seem more full of fire than ever before. What are your thoughts right now?”

Cactus: “Well, Michael Cole, after sitting at home for 6 months, I got kind of pissed off at what I was seeing on TV. We’ve got the Flock beating down their opposition every match, the Undertaker playing his tricks with the lights, and Rob Van Dam toting around the title belt like he’s the best wrestler in history. Well let me tell you something, Mr. Monday Night…You haven’t been through what I have. You haven’t felt the wrath of a C4 bomb. You haven’t been thrown every which way on a pallet of barbed wire. You’ve NEVER dealt…with what I’VE dealt with! And Raven…you son of a bitch. You’re one of the most sadistic wrestlers on the face of this planet. You’ve been properly trained in the ECW ranks. BUT WHERE’RE THE DEATHMATCHES?! WHERE’S THE PAIN, RAVEN?! NOT WITH YOUR GOONS HANGING AROUND!!!”

Cactus Jack sits in his chair, beginning to rock.

Cole: “What about the Under-“

Cactus: “THE UNDERTAKER?! THE UNDERTAKER! You know, Michael Cole…the Undertaker has done his fair share of damage to me in my career. But have I ever given him justice for what happened in 1998? NO! But will I at Hardcore Heaven? YES! I WILL TAKE THE UNDERTAKER…AND I WILL MAKE HIM FEEL MY PAIN! The Undertaker will never be able to walk the same again…AND I’M GOING TO OFFICIALLY MAKE HIM…The Deadman…BANG BANG!”

Cactus proceeds to trash the set. He then sits in a corner, and begins to whimper and scream…

Overall Rating = 53.2%

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Singles Match: Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels

Austin is able to get the upper hand on Michaels. HBK throws in his share of cheap shots. In the end, Austin is able to roll HBK up for a small package as Shawn tries hard to kick out. Benoit makes his way through the crowd afterwards, making Shawn tap vigorously the Crippler Crossface. Benoit shouted into a microphone that a match had been made for Hardcore Heaven – Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit – Best 2/3 Falls!

Winner: Steve Austin

Match Reaction = 51.8%

Match Quality = 83.9%

Overall Rating = 72.2%

Cole: “2/3 FALLS?! This one should be incredible!”

A box is set up backstage. RVD is brought to it. A card that says “Rob Van Dam” is on it, and RVD reads it. He blows it off, and proceeds to open the box. Raven breaks out of it, and both men get a slugfest. RVD is able to counter off Raven, and ends up sending him through a glass window.

Overall Rating = 59.9%

Tag Team Match: North America’s Most Wanted (Harris/Edge) vs. Stevie Richards and Kane

A particularly bland match that didn’t necessarily serve a purpose. Edge won with the Edgucator on Richards. None of the Flock members came down after the match. Instead, Kane stared both members of NAMW down before exiting out of the ropes.

Winners: NAMW

Match Reaction = 62.2%

Match Quality = 71.7%

Overall Rating = 59.9%

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Eric Bischoff appears again.

Bischoff: “Ladies and gentlemen…I’M BACK! But honestly…the real reason I’m here is because I have some shocking news. Apparently, our new ECW Television Champion, Raven, is not happy about his win. Raven told me that next week, he officially will vacate the ECW Television title in pursuit of the ECW World Heavyweight Championship! With that said…starting next week, 8 men will compete in a tournament to crown a NEW Champion. And coming up next…three men will compete for a spot in the tournament in a triple threat match!”

Overall Rating = 62.0%

Heyman: “…I book Raven a shot at the title…and he does this to me?”

First-Elimination Triple Threat TV Title Tournament Qualifying Match: Jerry Lynn vs. Justin Credible vs. Steve Corino

A surprisingly amazing match between 3 of the “lesser” ECW stars these days, this impressed the fans a lot. The first person eliminated would not be allowed in the tournament, while the two who weren’t pinned get in. In the end, Lynn defeated Justin Credible with a Cradle Piledriver! Lynn and Corino celebrated that they were in the tournament, and then finally left in the ring.

Winners: And moving onto the TV title Tournament - Jerry Lynn and Steve Corino

Match Reaction = 46.7%

Match Quality = 78.5%

Overall Rating = 67.7%

Cole: “I can’t believe this tournament! It should be amazing. But why on earth would Raven give up his title?”

A video for the Undertaker vs. Rob Van Dam is hyped.

Overall Rating = 69.6%

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Singles Match: Rob Van Dam vs. The Undertaker

RVD is a marked man ever since winning the title for the second time. The Undertaker nearly had the match won, but wanted to show RVD that he would be the Champion in two weeks. Taker slammed RVD into the ref, and then he grabbed a lead pipe from under the ring, and was about ready to nail RVD with it. Van Dam caught the pipe, then hit the Undertaker over the head with it. The ref was awake by now, and saw RVD nail the Deadman. The ref called for the bell, but it was silenced by a gong of the Undertaker. Blue light took over the arena, as smoke filled the ring and aisle to backstage. Van Dam finally escaped through the crowd, as the Undertaker sat up. He did his signature pose in the smoke, blood trickling down his face while doing so, as he rolled his eyes into the back of his head. Van Dam’s face was then shot on camera, and he’d looked as if he’d seen the dead rise…

Winner: The Undertaker by disqualification

Match Reaction = 63.2%

Match Quality = 66.2%

Overall Rating = 65.7%

Cole: “Oh my, Paul…I can’t believe what we have just seen…”

===

Constructive criticism welcome. I was feeling a bit lazy tonight, so if some stuff was odd, that's why.

Edited by TTP Owns You

ECW Headquarters

Philadelphia, PA

May 19, 2004 – 1:00 PM

The last thing I wanted to do on my birthday was to visit Paul Heyman, the man who was incredibly close to firing me. I knew already he had a ton of questions after making a few “switcheroos” to the Pay-Per-View. We didn’t even get to the ratings last week. We do this week, though.

The TV viewing figures for last night are now in: ECW received 97,298 viewers for Deep Impact (increase of 3,803 viewers from previous show); Last night's Deep Impact show got an overall rating of 63.9%.

Paul Heyman: “No, I don’t have any fancy birthday present for you. Dean Malenko has left and one of our refs got in a fight with Joey Styles.”

Adam Rockler: “What are you talking about?”

Heyman: “Dean is now the head booker for Millennium Wrestling – our competition. Alex Dudley, new and improved referee, apparently had a run-in with Joey Styles.”

Rockler: “Wait…I thought you fired Styles…”

Heyman: “When I went to talk with him, I could tell Joey didn’t want to leave. He’s the heart and soul of our announce team, so I decided I’d let him stay. But with this backstage incident, he’s really pushing me…

Anyway, what’s this with you changing the world title match in two weeks?”

Rockler: “Well, Paul, a fatal foursome just isn’t that attractive to the ECW audience anymore. I know that putting something on paper and announcing something different on TV was a mistake. But think about it, Paul…a Deadly Draw Gauntlet match…”

Heyman: “Which is what, exactly?”

Rockler: “Rob will be in the ring first. Mark, Scott, and Mick will pick numbers 1, 2, or 3. Whoever picks #1 will fight with Rob for 5 minutes. If no winner is determined, it goes to a Triple Threat. If none in that amount of time, then it goes to a fatal four-way. So I guess in essence, it wasn’t a total lie on TV.”

Heyman: “I like the way you think. What about the 2/3 Falls match?”

Rockler: “Well, I’ve renamed it Three Stages of Hell – it sounds cooler, and it’s more brutal than a 2/3 Falls match. The first match will be set in a hardcore situation. The second will be a Cage match. If one can’t take both of those falls, then it will go to a ladder match. I’m planning to have these be three separate matches instead of one consecutive match – you know, to build interest and to keep attention. Same thing with the Gauntlet Ma-“

Heyman: “Back up to the Gauntlet match a minute…didn’t somebody else already do that?”

Rockler: “Is the wrestling business totally original?”

Heyman: “…Good point. Even though we try to keep ECW innovative and original, some things just can’t happen.”

Rockler: “Exactly.”

Heyman: “Finally…when did you decide to pull out a tournament for the Television title?”

Rockler: “AJ is past the TV title. However, I’ve put him in the tournament to spark interest. The first four matches will take place on Deep Impact, with the final 3 matches taking place at Hardcore Heaven, and a new TV champion crowned."

Heyman: “So what’s AJ going to be doing?”

Rockler: “Although I still haven’t planned who I want to be the champion, I think I might put AJ in the hunt if I decide RVD keeps it, with one of them turning heel. Maybe Raven could feud with AJ. Since Steve Austin is a full-time wrestler again, I may have the Undertaker win it for a fed with them. Cactus would also work well in that situation too. Styles may team up with RVD if he jobs, and go after the Flock to give them a push with a big-time Tag Title feud. Right now, there are so many opportunities.”

Heyman: “I’m liking where this could go. I myself have been pondering of that tag feud. What about for this Monday’s show before the PPV?”

Rockler: “That’ll be on the site shortly.”

I left Paul’s office. After I stood up, I looked around. There was no Mark Callaway…no Scott Levy…no Mick Foley. I shrugged, and proceeded to open the door.

A pie had hit me in the face. The entire ECW roster was in the hall, throwing confetti and hollering. Yes, even the Undertaker.

Ah, my first birthday with ECW. And Paul didn’t even threaten to fire me today.

Edited by TTP Owns You

user posted image

5/24/04

Live on SpikeTV from Atlanta, Georgia!

It's our last stop before ECW: Hardcore Heaven!

Tonight, the ECW Television Title Tournament begins. All of the quarterfinal singles matches will take place tonight. It's AJ Styles vs. Little Guido, Steve Corino vs. Jerry Lynn, Edge vs. Stevie Richards, and Kane vs. The Sandman!

user posted image*

Also tonight, Raven teams up with his protogees (Trent Acid & CM Punk) to take on Cactus Jack and America's Most Wanted! Cactus gets a shot at Raven before the Deadly Draw Gauntlet on Sunday, so this will be something incredible!

Rob Van Dam teams up with Chris Benoit to face The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. With the rest of the Deadly Draw Gauntlet match participants, and the two foes for a Three Stages of Hell match, only time can tell until this match goes out of control!

All this and more!

====

*Crudely made-up tournament bracket.

user posted image

5/24/04

Live on SpikeTV from the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, PA!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Cole: “Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! We’re here in Philly for the last show before Hardcore Heaven on Sunday!”

Paul Heyman: “I can’t wait for that show!”

Cole: “Neither can I, Paul. Just think about it. For the first time in ECW history, we have a tournament to crown a Television Champion! Raven defeated AJ Styles, then said he didn’t want the title. I think that’s stupid on Raven’s part, since his Flock of Punk and Acid already have the Tag Titles.”

Heyman: “And what, make Stevie the World Champion? Get real, Cole.”

Cole: “Get real…why do that when we can get on to our first match? Paul, we have a TABLES match right here to start things off tonight!”

Tag Team Tables Match: Bubba Ray Dudley & D'Lo Brown vs. The Impact Players

The Impact Players have been seemingly given the stick here in ECW recently. However, they were given an opportunity to prove that they can run with the rest of the rapidly growing ECW. D’Lo and Bubba did get their offense in, but it wasn’t enough for the Impact Players. Justin Credible was able to give a devastating spinebuster to D’Lo, which enabled the IP a victory.

Heyman: “It’s about time!”

Paul Heyman heads down to the ring. As the Impact Players hold up Bubba and D’Lo, Heyman proceeds to punch and claw and kick his way through both men. Paul, Justin, and Lance all raise hands at the end of the match, and leave together. Once back at the announce position, Storm and Credible take a seat to watch the night’s action.

Winners: Justin Credible and Lance Storm

Match Reaction = 63.7%

Match Quality = 70.6%

Overall Rating = 67.1%

Cole: “What was that about, Paul?”

Heyman: “Just taking care of business, Michael.”

Raven now stands in the ring.

Raven: “Last week, I defeated AJ Styles for the ECW Television title. On that very night, Eric Bischoff announced I would be vacating it this week. And, indeed I am. This title has gone to Hell ever since AJ won it. Sure, I could make the TV title something that the talent pool wants to thrive for. But I’ve got the World title on my mind right now. I’ve got to contemplate my strategy for Sunday night. I know that I’ll win the ECW World title on Sunday night, but-“

The crowd boos wildly.”

Raven: “Shut up! I know I’m going to win Sunday night! I don’t need you fans, and I sure as hell don’t need this damn TV strap!”

Raven throws the title to the ground, makes his crucifix pose, and leaves the ring.

Overall Rating = 79.0%

Cole: “Well, Paul, the first round of the tournament begins next!”

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Singles Match - TV Title Tournament Quarterfinals: AJ Styles vs. Little Guido

AJ and Guido had a pretty solid bout. Little Guido seems to be searching for a niche in ECW, but never disappoints in front of the crowd. Lots of back and forth action came across from this singles match. AJ finally ended it with the Styles Clash. He made a signal around his waist as if he would reclaim the title on Sunday. AJ Styles new getting the TV title meant a lot to Little Guido, so he offered him a hand. Guido gave him a dirty look and left the ring.

Winner: AJ Styles, advancing to the semi-finals on Sunday.

Match Reaction = 65.4%

Match Quality = 80.4%

Overall Rating = 72.2%

Cole: “Styles could very well win the title back, and be the second-only two-time ECW Television Champion.”

A camera cuts quickly to a brawl going on backstage. Steve Corino and Jerry Lynn are seen having a rendezvous in the back, with chairs, tables, and everything else spilling wildly around them. The fight is finally contained. Two people who seemed so happy last week have now seen what a tournament can do to them.

Overall Rating = 50.1%

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Singles Match - TV Title Tournament Quarterfinals: Steve Corino vs. Jerry Lynn

ECW fans always look forward the to the actions of these two men. Lynn and Corino were able to pull off another genuine match at the ECW Arena. Many could argue that Corino deserves to be the TV champion without this tournament. Corino may get that opportunity, as he defeated Jerry Lynn with his Old School Expulsion. Lynn left the ring unhappy, as Corino celebrated his victory.

Winner: Steve Corino, advancing to the semifinals on Sunday.

Match Reaction = 49.2%

Match Quality = 84.4%

Overall Rating = 68.8%

Raven appears at the entrance way with his fellow Flock members – Trent Acid, CM Punk, and Stevie Richards.

Raven: “Enough is enough. I’m sick of seeing same damn show over and over again. That’s why tonight, my Flock and I proclaim that we are in charge. If anybody wants a force to reckon with, we’re it. We’ve got the Tag Team Chamipons, the soon-to-be Television Champion, and come Sunday, I will walk out of this arena the ECW Wor-“

A familiar guitar theme hits. Cactus Jack and America’s Most Wanted burst through the curtain, and a match is underway…

Overall Rating = 58.1%

Six-Man Tag Team Match: Raven, Trent Acid, CM Punk vs. Cactus Jack and America’s Most Wanted

Cactus brought a slough of weapons out from the curtain as the Flock attempted to gain control again. AMW were busy pounding away on the Tag Team Champions, as Cactus was taking out Raven. It took several minutes for the match to actually enter into the ring. Cactus took control, and was more pumped up than ever before for his first match back. The Flock were able to give little offense, and Cactus Jack finally nailed Acid with the Double-Arm DDT for the win. The pin wouldn’t stop the chaos, as all 6 men proceeded to brawl to the back.

Winners: Cactus Jack & America’s Most Wanted

Match Reaction = 58.3%

Match Quality = 75.8%

Overall Rating = 74.5%

Cole: “A hostile takeover, Paul?!”

Heyman: “Not on my watch…”

Kane stood backstage.

Kane: “Sandman…I’ve been cast in the shadows since RVD stole the World title from me. I’ve been put on the back burner, so to speak. Well, Mr. Sandman…tonight…I’ll make sure you are never cast into the shadows…because tonight…I’m sending you to Hell!”

Overall Rating = 52.4%

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Singles Match - TV Title Tournament Quarterfinals: Kane vs. The Sandman

Kane and the Sandman aren’t two of the most technical guys in the business. However, this brawlfest was pretty decent. Kane had the Sandman on the brink of defeat when he went to the corner to pick up Sandman’s kendo stick. Sandman was intelligent, and pointed the ref around for him to see it. The ref immediately rang the bell! Kane had been disqualified! Kane proceeded to argue with the Sandman, and nail him once more with a big boot before taking off.

Winner: The Sandman, advancing to the semifinals on Sunday.

Match Reaction = 56.1%

Match Quality = 67.3%

Overall Rating = 67.7%

Cole: “Wow, Paul! Kane just lost the match! He should’ve just chokeslammed the Sandman and got it over with.”

Stevie Richards now appears in the ring.

Richards: “Now, earlier tonight my leader Raven announced that the Flock was making a hostile takeover of the company. I know that some people are going to be quite angry with this, which is why I’m here right now. Tonight, I, Stevie Richards, challenge anybody to take me on. Because I’ll guarantee I can kick anyone’s ass that shows up!”

Nobody answers.

Richards: “Aw come on! We’ve got Bubba Dudley back there…Rob Van Dam…that booker guy…anyone?”

Edge’s music blares through the arena. However, he’s nowhere to be found…until Stevie turns around…”

Overall Rating = 60.6%

Singles Match - TV Title Tournament Quarterfinals: Edge vs. Stevie Richards

Edge was on the top of the whole match. He and Stevie beat the daylights out of each other, and finally Edge knocked Richards out of the ring. When he came back into it, Stevie crouched down. Out of nowhere, he socked Edge and slid something out of the ring. He got the pin, and quickly ran to the floor. He picked up what were revealed to be knucks. The ref didn’t reverse the decision, although he knew he’d made a wrong one. Stevie made a calling motion with his arms, and members of the Flock converged from all parts of the arena into the ring. They proceeded to destroy Edge, then finally leave.

Winner: Stevie Richards, advancing to the semifinals on Sunday

Match Reaction = 60.4%

Match Quality = 71.0%

Overall Rating = 74.9%

Heyman: “These guys are really getting on my nerves, Cole… They have yet to face Paul Heyman and his army…”

Shawn Michaels stands backstage.

Michaels: “You know, Chris Benoit…you and I go back a long time. And this Sunday, in the Three Stages of Hell, we’re only going to need two. I’m going to kick your ass for two straight falls. Sunday at Hardcore Heaven…I’m taking you for a ride you’ll never forget.”

Overall Rating = 51.0%

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Tag Team Match: RVD & Chris Benoit vs. The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels

This match wasn’t, of course, organized after the first several minutes. Benoit and the Undertaker exchanged blows for a few minutes, while RVD and Shawn Michaels rekindled their rivalry elsewhere. RVD and Taker then wound up facing each other in a big punchout. The two men would have their chance to go all out on Sunday, while HBK and Benoit gave a preview of their 3-match set. In the end, Benoit was able to make HBK tap!

Following the match, Cactus and Raven joined the fun. All 6 men engaged in a battle royal situation until the TV faded off the air…

Winners: Chris Benoit & Rob Van Dam

Match Reaction = 57.3%

Match Quality = 69.5%

Overall Rating = 66.8%

Cole: “Oh my, Paul! This Sunday…it’s all on the line for all 6 men! Deadly Draw Gauntlet, 3 Stages of Hell, TV title Tournament…it’s gonna ROCK!”

I'm sorry, but this diary is all sorts of lame. You give away huge matches each week like they are nothing. And then they basically are nothing because you write like half a paragraph. Why do I care about seeing 3 matches with Benoit vs. HBK when in your last show you spent one line to tell me HBK tapped out to him? Well mystery solved Benoit owns him I'll skip the PPV.

Why devalue the TV title so much? If Raven thought enough of the title to just spit on it and throw it down you know what he would have done? He would have not even bothered wrestling AJ in the first place. Plus realistically how are people supposed to get into the drama of a tournament over the belt Raven hated so much he spit on it?

And one of the bigger problems in my opinion is Paul Heyman. He might as well be Mark Lloyd or that new backstage guy on Raw for how you write him. For the most part your characters are interchangable. Do a little research into their promos or how they talk in general. Oh and you dont have to write epics, but if you are putting on these killer matches all the time they shouldnt just be "Oh and Benoit made him tap out"

Thats it for now ;)

Well, the matches are too short, in my opinion, at least for the kind of matches you're writing. Also, I don't really get a good feel for some of the characters you're writing, which isn't the WORST thing, as I would assume most people would be familiar with most of these folks. And I guess that's my major problem: I'm too familiar with some of these characters to buy them being a part of ECW. This just doesn't FEEL like ECW to me.

And yeah, like JHS said, it's pretty lame that Raven treated the TV Title like that. I just don't buy a major promotion treating one of its belts that way.

Sorry man, but overall, just not that exciting a diary.

In my defense, I would like to state that ECW isn't just a cult-style fed anymore. I built it up on fairly large EWR, and am continuing on TEW. Maybe that's where the lack of "feel" comes into play. If you don't like it, I don't know what to tell you.

I don't write "epic" diaries because it takes too much time. I know the EWB crowd loves it, but I used to write like that, and after several in-game months of doing so, I just couldn't keep up. To me, a diary is about having fun and enjoying myself rather than having it be more of a job as it was becoming writing the full matches. Plus, if it isn't a major show, I don't feel the need to write full mono/dialogue for it. I write short matches for the weekly shows. However, for the large monthly shows, I have agreed (by suggestion from EWBIII, I believe) to write the show in full match detail.

As for the TV title, I probably did make a mistake. In fact, I'm still debating on who I want to be the new champion. I don't plan out my shows too far in advance because if something happens in the game and totally screws up my storyplans, then I'm screwed and have to re-plan everything. You guys pretty much know as much in advance as I do. However, I do have a sense of direction for where I want to go with the monthly shows and who my major players are. Maybe there's where the predictability comes in.

I myself have noticed my lack of Heyman's personality, as well. That's why if a signing goes well, Paul will be leading a stable and possibly leaving the announce booth, in search of a true heelish character.

I'm not apologizing for anything. Your critcism may make it better. And, if there's something you really think could be brought to the diary that's lacking now, I'll always take a PM or an e-mail. I'm always looking to improve.

Edited by TTP Owns You

As promised, I bring you Hardcore Heaven in all its fully written glory. Once again, this is only monthly shows. Too much time and effort to write a 13-page Microsoft Word document for just a measely weekly show. Constructive criticism welcomed.

ECW: Hardcore Heaven

5/30/04

Live at the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, PA!

Videos of all the major storylines going into ECW: Hardcore Heaven are shown. A Perfect Circle’s “The Outsider,” blares through the ECW Arena. The pyro explodes throughout the arena, as the music still plays and we are welcomed by Michael Cole and Paul Heyman.

Michael Cole: “It’s time for ECW Hardcore Heaven! Welcome one and all to the first ECW Pay-Per-View!”

Paul Heyman: “And Michael, tonight will be the deciding factor for many of our athletes. All 3 titles are on the line, and we have a Deadly Draw, as well as a tournament to finish up here tonight.”

Cole: “Paul, Hardcore Heaven could prove to be one of the most violent shows we put on in recent history. And with you running things around here, I don’t doubt that at all.”

Heyman: “Well Michael, we only have 2 and a half hours. I say we get things started with the sit-down interview you conducted with Shawn Michaels going into tonight…”

The announcers look at the screen as the action cuts to a room where the Cole/Michaels interview happened earlier in the week.

Cole: “Shawn Michaels. For years, you’ve been in some of the most incredible matches in history. What do you feel about tonight’s match-up?”

Michaels: “Tonight, I’m here to prove to the fans that I can still kick anybody’s butt when I want. I have no doubt that tonight’s match will be one of the greatest ECW – or I, for that matter - has ever put on.”

Cole: “What about your thoughts on Chris Benoit? You two haven’t exactly seen eye-to-eye these past few weeks.”

Michaels: “Chris Benoit is a superb athlete. However, Benoit’s never quite lived up to any standards. While I was busy winning my title at WrestleMania 12, Chris Benoit was trying to make ends meet. While I was busy with D-Generation X, Chris Benoit was barely being known by WCW. Let’s face it – I’ve always been better than Benoit, and I’m going to prove it here again tonight.”

Cole: “Shawn, Benoit has upset you in the past. You even tapped ou-“

Michaels: “Cole…it was all a camera trick. Tonight, there are no tricks. Chris Benoit will be beaten within an inch of his life tonight. Because tonight…the main event…the icon…the showwwstoppaaaaa…finally…comes home!”

Overall Rating = 75.3%

The camera looks on Shawn’s glistening face, until we fade back to the entrance way. Chris Benoit’s music hits, and he enters the ring. Shawn Michaels follows.

Heyman: “These will be three separate matches. First up will be a street fight, followed by a cage match. If it happens to make it to the third fall, we will see what some would consider a fantasy match – a ladder match!”

Cole: “And the winner of that match will be the #1 Contender to the ECW World Championship!”

First Stage of Hell – Street Fight: Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels

These two men have perhaps the longest night of all the wrestlers. The match started off with both men staring each other down. They’d go in for a collar-and-elbow tie-up, only to back out and look at the crowd. While Benoit was taking a glance, Shawn came in with some right hands. Shawn backed him into the corner with right hands and knife-edge chops. Shawn whipped Benoit across the ring into the corner with authority. Shawn ran into the corner, but Benoit stuck his boot up. Now it was Benoit’s turn to deliver some chops! Benoit backed Shawn into the ropes, and whipped him. When HBK came back, Benoit attempted a back body drop to the outside, but Shawn held on. Benoit turned around, and Shawn put a guillotine on him. Shawn proceeded to pull Chris out of the ring, and they started brawling all over the outside. Michaels proceeds to rake Benoit in the eyes, and suplexes him on the floor. Shawn gets on the ring apron, and drops a short elbow. He heads into the ring, forgetting the match is a street fight. When the ref doesn’t count, Benoit secretly grabs a chair. Shawn takes flight as he springboards over the top rope, while Benoit swings the chair at Michaels. There was no easy way to protect that, as Shawn lay on the ground, obviously hurt. Benoit struck with the chair two more times before throwing it to the side. Benoit headed back into the ring, waiting for the Heartbreak Kid to follow. Shawn crawled up to the apron, and Benoit finally pulled him in. Shawn hit with a low blow when he got in the ring. He took the ropes, and pulled himself up to start tuning up the band. Benoit got up, turned around…and ducked the kick! Michaels spins out of control, and Benoit grabs the left arm…Crossface!!! Shawn tries to make it a bottom rope, but was stuck in the middle of the ring. Shawn Michaels has tapped out! Benoit quickly releases the hold after the bell rings, as Shawn struggles to get up. He and Benoit get nose-to-nose, and Shawn finally drops out of the ring, saying Benoit has one a battle…but he hasn’t won the war.

Winner: Chris Benoit (1) by submission.

Match Reaction = 53.6%

Match Quality = 66.9%

Overall Rating = 61.8%

Cole: “Well, Paul, I think we’re in for a treat here tonight. It seemed they were holding back a little bit…”

Heyman: “You forget that these guys still have at least another match, or two, to go tonight. They won’t be stupid enough to give away all their energy on the first match. This is just the beginning, Michael…”

Bubba Ray Dudley is seen backstage. He’s seen talking to road agent Dean Malenko. Bubba’s partner is nowhere in sight. A quick promo spot takes place. When we come back from the break, The Impact Players and the Flock had entered the ring. Bubba comes partner less. When the bell is about to ring, the Dudley music hits again, and D-Von Dudley arrives! D-Von riles up the crowd, and points to Bubba, saying that they will win the titles tonight.

Overall Rating = 62.6%

Cole: “Can you believe it? D-Von Dudley has just returned to Extreme Championship Wrestling!”

Triple Threat ECW Tag Team Championship Match – The Dudley Boyz vs. The Impact Players vs. The Flock ©

Upon entering the ring, D-Von slaps the hands of the fans around the ring. Bubba and D-Von celebrate D-Von’s return by pounding away on their opponents to open the match. D-Von whips Justin Credible into the ropes, and nails his patented spinning shoulder block dive. Credible hits the ground hard and rolls out of the ring. The Flock hang out, and gang up on the Dudley Boyz after Bubba throws Lance Storm over the top rope. Punk whips D-Von into the ropes, but D-Von leaps for a double clothesline. Bubba lifts up Acid’s legs as D-Von heads to the top rope for the “Waaaaaasssssuupppp?!” Acid rolls out of the ring, and the Dudley Boyz have cleaned house! Justin Credible nails a missile dropkick as the Dudleyz start a premature celebration. Storm joins in, and now the Impact Players are taking their toll on the 17-time tag team champs. Storm has D-Von locked in a Sharpshooter, while Credible hit a shining wizard on Bubba. CM Punk came out of his corner and delivered a thunderous tornado DDT to Justin Credible. D-Von reached the ropes, and took a breather outside. The IP and the Flock all pounded away on Bubba Ray – the heels getting their revenge. The Punker was able to lift Bubba on his shoulders, while the Impact Players went to the top rope. The both launched sidekicks at Bubba Ray, who landed with a thunderous boom on the canvas. They proceeded to kick Bubba out of the ring, when D-Von came back in. D-Von threw a swing at Lance Storm, who countered with another sidekick. Trent Acid knocked Storm down with a quick DDT, keeping Credible distracted. Punk took up D-Von, and delivered the Pepsi Plunge! After the match, Storm arose, and proceeded to slap a Boston Crab on D-Von Dudley. D-Von tapped repeatedly, until Credible finally retrieved his partner.

Winners: The Flock, still ECW Tag Team Champions, by pinfall.

Match Reaction = 55.2%

Match Quality = 74.3%

Overall Rating = 68.1%

Cole: “Paul, don’t you have any more control over your boys than that?”

Heyman: “Who said they were my boys, Michael?”

The camera cut to AJ Styles warming up backstage. AJ was in the middle of doing pushups. Weights, a rope, and other exercise materials were in the back.

Overall Rating = 74.0%

Cole: “Looks like AJ’s been putting some time into this match.”

A promo spot for Deep Impact is aired.

Television Title Tournament – Semi-Finals: AJ Styles vs. Steve Corino

AJ Styles wasted no time entering the ring. He gave a signal to the fans, and he and Corino got right to work. AJ slapped a headlock on Corino, who shoved AJ into the ropes. Corino whipped Styles across the ring. Corino hopped over Styles upon his return, and hopped over him again. As Styles came back, Corino attempted a monkey flip. Styles grabbed the legs of Corino, and executed a nice back bridge pin on the King of Old School. Corino kicked out, and he and Styles both got back to a vertical position. Styles faked a punch to Corino, who leaned back to escape. Styles proceeded to spear Corino. He picked Steve back up, and delivered a fisherman’s suplex. Corino kicked out again. AJ picked him back up again, as they exchanged punches. Corino finally went low with a kick to the groin. Styles dropped to his knees, as Corino ran into the ropes and back, delivering a giant bulldog to the former Champion. Corino decided to showboat, as AJ kipped back up. AJ stalked the self-proclaimed King. Corino turned around, and met a boot from AJ Styles! AJ picked up Corino for a Styles Clash. As AJ was set to drill Steve Corino, Corino was able to pull his legs out. He latched onto AJ’s, and swept him to the mat. He put a single-leg crab on Styles, who yelled in pain. AJ was finally able to make it to the ropes, as Corino let go. Corino whipped AJ into the ropes, but fell from the pain of the crab. Corino instead backed AJ into a corner, delivering several chops of pain. They both head to the top rope. AJ punches out, and sends Corino flying to the mat below. AJ says, “It’s over!” and leaps off the top rope…Shooting Styles Clash! AJ quickly rolls up Steve Corino, and it’s enough for the pin! As AJ celebrates, Corino comes up behind and starts pounding on the winner. Corino sets up…Old School Expulsion! He leaves the ring, visibly upset.

Winner: AJ Styles by pinfall, advancing to the finals.

Match Reaction = 71.6%

Match Quality = 83.2%

Overall Rating = 78.3%

Cole: “AJ could take this thing, Paul!”

The camera sees Stevie Richards. He waves to a few bystanders, while still walking with a purpose. Finally, Stevie stops in front of a locker room and smiles. “Raven” is the sign on the locker, and Stevie steps inside…

Overall Rating = 73.0%

Heyman: “Stevie Richards could be playing a very smart game, Cole. Maybe you should pick up on that.”

Television Title Tournament – Semi-Final: Stevie Richards vs. The Sandman

Both men enter the ring. Stevie tries to plead with Sandman not to go through with this match. Sandman has none of it, and immediately starts throwing right hands at Stevie Richards. He kicks Richards in the stomach, and delivers a big elbow to the back of his head. Stevie hits the ground, holding his head while doing so. Sandman kicks away, and Stevie finally rolls out of the ring. Sandman gets on the apron, ready to deliver a double axe handle. As the Sandman takes flight, Stevie lunges into a clothesline. Sandman hits Stevie’s arm hard, and Richards rolls back into the ring. The ref calls out the number one, and continues to count. The Sandman finally rolls in at six. Richards kicks the Sandman in the abdomen, and whips him into the ropes. Richards ducks, hoping to launch the Sandman over the top. Sandman stops, and kicks Stevie hard in the midsection! The Sandman follows up with a DDT, and goes for the pin. 1…2…Richards kicks out. Sandman picks up the Flock member, and gives him some hard clubs across the back. He sends Richards into the ropes, but Richards nails a flying crossbody! He rolls off Sandman, and gets up. He hits a dropkick! Sandman gets up again, and he and Richards get into a tie-up position. Suddenly, the lights go out in the arena.

Heyman: “What is this, Cole?”

Fire explodes from the ring posts! The Sandman looks around, frightened. He turns around…Stevie-Kick! Richards rolls up the Sandman, and gets the victory! The crowd boos Stevie, and boos even more as a figure makes his way to the ring.

Kane pulls his other leg over the top rope. The Sandman is in shock. Kane takes the Sandman by the throat…Chokeslam! Kane isn’t done, as he picks up the Sandman again. He signals that this is it…Tombstone Piledriver! As the Sandman’s head hits the canvas, the fire erupts out of the four corners of the ring again. Kane looks at the audience, and then leaves the ring.

Winner: Stevie Richards, by pinfall, advancing to the finals.

Match Reaction = 58.6%

Match Quality = 70.8%

Overall Rating = 67.1%

Cole: “It was Kane! Kane distracted the Sandman! I think this is retribution from six days ago on Deep Impact.”

Chris Benoit is seen backstage. A pre-taped interview with Michael Cole is shown.

Cole: “Chris Benoit…you obviously saw what Shawn Michaels and I discussed earlier. However, you proved him wrong in your first match earlier.”

Benoit: “You damn right I did. See, Shawn may talk about how he’s had more glory than me. But at least I know when to keep my mouth shut. My actions speak louder than my words, Michael.”

Cole: “What about this next match? Will we see three matches tonight?”

Benoit: “Definitely not. I’ll make sure Shawn suffers in a pool of his own blood tonight, and he’ll do it inside the cage, while I’m on the outside looking in. I will be walking out the #1 contender for the ECW World title tonight!”

Overall Rating = 64.8%

The camera goes back to the ring.

Cole: “Well, folks, we’ve come to the second match of the Benoit/Michaels series. If Shawn Michaels can pull off a victory here, we will indeed see a fantasy ladder match between these men!”

Second Stage of Hell – Cage Match: Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels

The ECW Arena was not equipped to hold and lower a steel cage, so a premade set was constructed around the ring. The competitors then entered the cage; with Michaels making sure it was secure.

The bell had sounded. Shawn and Benoit wasted no time, as the two began to exchange rights and lefts. Benoit had Shawn backed into a corner, and he proceeded to kick him to the ground. Benoit stomped a mudhole in Shawn Michaels. Benoit finally backed off, as the crowd went crazy. Benoit went to the other side of the ring, and started to climb the cage. Shawn wasn’t about to let Benoit escape, as he rushed over to where Benoit was already standing on the top rope. Shawn proceeded to pull at Benoit, who kicked Shawn back. Shawn now scurried up the side of the cage, and both exchanged blows at the top. Chris grabbed Shawn’s hair, and started slamming his head against the cage. Shawn faltered, but remained on top. Shawn kick Benoit’s leg out from under him, and Benoit landed on the top rope. He grabbed himself, and fell between the cage and ropes. Shawn proceeded to kick Benoit into the steel, leaving sickening marks on his back. Shawn then spun around the ring, a move usually seen in his entrance. Michaels proceeded to start climbing the cage right over Benoit, and then dropped immediately, stomping hard on the abs of Chris Benoit. Michaels stomped some more, and then finally climbed through the ropes into the ring. Benoit rolled under the bottom rope, and Shawn picked him up and whipped him into the corner. He picked Benoit up, and went for a superplex. Benoit punched out, and the two seemed to be at a stalemate. Shawn finally punched Benoit hard in the face, as Benoit collapsed off the top rope. Shawn climbed the cage, and could’ve been out. However, he stood on the top of the cage. As Benoit stood, Michaels took a leap…MOONSAULT!

Cole: “OH MY GOD, PAUL! The shape of Shawn’s back…how could he?!”

Shawn’s knee caught Benoit hard in the face, and both lay in the ring a long while before any more movement came about. Finally, Chris Benoit arose. He headed toward the door of the cage, as referee Mike Chioda opened it. Benoit took a step out, as Michaels tugged at his leg. Michaels was able to pull Chris Benoit back into the ring. He rolled him up in a small package, but pins didn’t count. It was just a move to throw Benoit off. Shawn Michaels picked himself up, tuned up the band, and knocked Benoit right off his feet with Sweet Chin Music. Shawn made the struggling trip, but was able to climb up the cage. Benoit started to get a grip on where he was, but Michaels had already escaped the cage. Benoit was in shock, as Shawn celebrated a victory.

Winner: Shawn Michaels (1) by escaping the cage.

Match Reaction = 55.6%

Match Quality = 57.4%

Overall Rating = 57.9%

Cole: “I don’t even know how he’s able to stand after that moonsault!”

Heyman: “I don’t care who wins the deciding match – Shawn just proved he’s still the Showstopper!”

Raven stands in the middle of the ring.

Raven: “You know, ever since I started going after the World title, person after person has been lining up to get a shot. It’s like I send trends or something. First I want it, then the Undertaker, then Cactus Jack! And the Undertaker, he’s got a lot of nerve coming into this company. He sits at home for months, and then shows up in this company. He hides again, and then demands a title shot. Now come on. I’m not just gonna s-“

The lights go out. Gongs play, and many fear the arrival of the Undertaker could be sooner rather than later. A loud thud is heard. When the lights arise again, the Undertaker is sitting over Raven with his tongue out and eyes in the back of his head. The bells toll again, as the Undertaker leaves ringside.

Overall Rating = 79.6%

A video of the TV title tournament is shown. It shows Stevie’s and AJ’s dominance through the tournament, and has a special montage of each other’s move set. The TV title blends in to the faces of both men.

Overall Rating = 73.6%

Cole: “And now, for the finale of the ECW Television Title Tournament. One man has fought hard to earn back a title thrown away by the previous champion, while the other seemingly has cheated to victory!”

Television Title Tournament – Finals: AJ Styles vs. Stevie Richards

Both men cautiously enter the ring. Each knows what’s at stake for them and their career. The bell sounds…

AJ explodes out of his corner with punches and chops on Stevie Richards. Richards is backed into his own corner with kicks and punches from Styles. Styles takes Stevie Richards to the top…huracanrana! Styles stands over Richards…back flip into a pin! Styles only gets the two-count, and he brings up Richards. He whips Richards into the ropes, and nails a dropkick into a back flip! Styles grabs the legs of Stevie, and catapults him into the corner! Richards stumbles backwards, while AJ springs off the middle rope with a flying cross body! AJ rolls off Richards while getting the crowd riled up. He leans on the rope, pointing to a fan. As AJ turns around, he’s met by a charging Stevie Richards! Richards and Styles both tumble out of the ring and onto the floor below. Richards got his bearings, and picked up a steel chair. He swung at AJ’s head, but instead nailed the ring post! A shockwave went through Richards’ hands, and AJ rammed Stevie’s head into the steel steps! Styles went back into the ring, as the ref counted. Stevie was able to get in pretty quick. AJ and Stevie engage in a brawl, with Stevie getting the advantage. Richards sends Styles into the ropes, and hits a flying forearm. Richards pops back up, and stalks the former TV champion. He sets up…and misses the Stevie-Kick! AJ catches the kick, and sweeps out Stevie’s other leg. He takes the same leg…figure four!

Cole: “He’s going to tap, Paul, he’s going to tap!”

Stevie doesn’t tap, but instead reverses the hold on Styles. Stevie rolls over, and lifts up Styles’ legs in the Sharpshooter position. AJ struggles to survive, and barely makes it to the ropes in time. Stevie kicks a few times at the Phenomenal one, but AJ starts to get to his feet. He blocks a few punches from Richards, and sets up for a suplex. Stevie drops down over the rope, and then proceeds to try to suplex AJ to the floor! AJ uses his leg to keep from going over, and it seems both are at a stalemate. AJ swings a left punch at Stevie, who ducks, and nails AJ in the stomach. AJ falters back, and Stevie springboards off the top rope…tornado DDT!

Heyman: “I can’t believe Stevie Richards just pulled that move off!”

Both men were down from wearing each other out. Stevie and AJ get to their feet by the eight-count. AJ comes charging in with a clothesline, but Stevie ducks. AJ comes back…Stevie-Kick out of nowhere! Richards hurries, and covers up AJ Styles. 1…2…3! Stevie Richards has just won the ECW Television Title Tournament! Richards’ brothers in crime, Trent Acid and CM Punk, hurry to the ring. All 3 celebrate the victory.

Winner: Stevie Richards, new ECW Television Champion, by pinfall.

Match Reaction = 73.6%

Match Quality = 79.2%

Overall Rating = 77.2%

Cole: “Stevie did it! The underdog of this tournament has done it!”

Heyman: “The Flock aren’t going to be the only stable to be reckoned with…”

Rob Van Dam toted his title backstage. He also had another pre-show interview with Michael Cole going into Hardcore Heaven.

Cole: “I’m standing here alongside the ECW World Champion, Rob Van Dam. Rob, you’ve got 3 hungry men wanting what you have on your shoulder right now – the ECW title. Is the stress starting to sink in?”

RVD: “Well, Michael, I’m not a stressed man. In fact, the meditation routines I do before my matches help me get rid of that stress. And hey, I’m Rob…Van…Dam.”

Cole: “Any other thoughts going into the match tonight?”

RVD: “Nah. I’m more worried for the punks out there tonight that are going to get their ass kicked, and be embarrassed when I take my title home with me tonight.”

Overall Rating = 83.7%

A video of the weeks leading up to the Deadly Draw is shown. Images of all the contenders and the champion are shown, along with their respective “big spots” in the last few weeks.

Overall Rating = 65.2%

Deadly Draw Gauntlet Match for the ECW World Heavyweight Championship: Raven vs. Cactus Jack vs. The Undertaker vs. Rob Van Dam ©

Rob Van Dam, as Champion, had to be in the ring first. All of the others had drawn numbers backstage before the event. Coming to the ring first to face RVD was Raven…

RVD pounced on Raven as the match got underway. Van Dam wanted to keep his title as quickly as possible. If he could defeat Raven in 5 minutes, Cactus Jack or the Deadman would have no need to show up. RVD gave forearm after forearm to the head of Raven. He backed him into the ropes, whipped him, and delivered a big monkey flip. Raven got back up, and both he and Van Dam got into fighting position. Van Dam nodded his head, as he and Raven circled each other. A tie-up followed, with Raven delivering a knee to the gut of RVD. He backed RVD into the ropes and gave him a whip of his own. Raven nailed a drop toehold on the Champ. RVD held his jaw, but got to his feet. Raven then kicked RVD in the stomach, ready to deliver the Raven Effect. RVD was able to hit a few shots on Raven’s midsection, and then nailed him with a spinning heel kick. RVD set to the top rope, and signaled for the 5-star Frog Splash…

The lights dimmed. Apparently, 5 minutes were up. Smoke filled the arena, and lightning struck the ring. An eerie blue light was cast over the arena, as the Undertaker was seen grabbing RVD by the throat on the ropes. Taker used his other hand to raise the lights. The Undertaker went to the top rope with RVD, and delivered a thunderous chokeslam to the outside. The Deadman went for the ride as well, making sure RVD got the full of it. Raven exited the ring, and started to pummel the Undertaker. The Undertaker seemed to feel nothing, as he turned around and slammed Raven into the steel post. Raven began to bleed, as the Undertaker threw RVD into the ring. Taker pounded away at the Champion, opening him up as well. The other bloodied combatant, Raven, entered the ring again with a steel chair. He hit the back of the Undertaker, who faltered. Raven swung wildly at the Deadman, finally hitting him to the ground. Raven spun Raven around, grabbed the chair, threw it BACK at Raven, and nailed a Van-Daminator!

A guitar tune hit the speakers, as Cactus Jack threw up the curtain and revealed himself with a garbage can of goodies. Cactus threw them into the ring, and soon it was total chaos, with weapons strewn about. Cactus pounded away on all 3 guys with his garbage can. The Undertaker caught him off guard, as Taker took the soup bowls to the body of Cactus Jack. Now it seemed to be two matches in one, with Raven and Van Dam fighting, as well as Taker and Cactus. The Undertaker turned around and delivered a big boot to RVD, set it down, ran into the ropes, and clotheslined Cactus Jack out. Raven picked up the fallen Champion quickly, brought him towards the steel chair, and gave RVD the Raven Effect! The Undertaker rushed into the ring, but was too late.

Winner: Raven, new ECW World Heavyweight Champion, by pinfall.

Match Reaction = 55.8%

Match Quality = 59.0%

Overall Rating = 58.4%

Raven took the Title, and rejoiced with the rest of the Flock, as now each member had a title around their waist!

Cole: “Paul, I can’t believe that now every member of Raven’s Flock has a Championship! This hasn’t happened since the days of the Four Horsemen!”

Heyman: “Well look at them, Michael. They’ve got what a successful stable needs – a good leader, a dominant tag team, and a lackey… of sorts. But something tells me Stevie Richards is far more than just Raven’s sidekick.”

A video is shown of the recent weeks’ feud between Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit. The recap includes Shawn clearly tapping, along with clips from tonight’s earlier matches.

Overall Rating = 54.8%

Cole: “After the cage match earlier, I don’t know if even a ladder match can top that moonsault. But even then, I think we may be in for a shock.”

Heyman: “And what the combatants are going for is a contract to wrestle Raven on tomorrow’s Deep Impact for the title. I, for one, can’t wait to see this match, as both have a pure hatred for each other. So without further adieu, let’s get to the third match…”

Third Stage of Hell – Ladder Match: Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels

Both men were physically worn, each upset about not getting two consecutive victories. However, this proved a chance to Benoit that he could overcome the odds, and to Michaels for still being all he says and more. The ladder stood outside the ring, as both men awaited the opening bell…*Ding*

Another seemingly slow start to the match. Shawn was very wary of Benoit’s catlike reflexes, but not wary enough. Shawn swung a right hand as Benoit took him down and slapped a reverse Crossface on him. Benoit finally agreed to let him go. He took to the outside, and started folding up the ladder. As he turned around, Shawn Michaels had leaped through the ropes and collided hard with the Rabid Wolverine.

Cole: “Right into the face of Benoit!”

Both men picked themselves up, and had a slugfest. Shawn had Benoit resting on the barricade. He walked back a few steps, and then ran towards Benoit. Chris moved as he saw this, turned around, and put a stern grip on the railing. Shawn hit his legs hard, and rolled over the railing. Benoit ripped a section off and put it on the ground. He picked up the Heartbreak Kid, and scooped him, slamming him on the brute metal. Shawn immediately flung his arms out, writhing in pain. Benoit picked up the ladder, and climbed a few rungs. He made a signal, and flew off with a diving headbutt. Shawn moved, and now Benoit was the one writhing.

Heyman: “Benoit will go to great lengths to put away the Heartbreak Kid!”

Michaels grabbed a hold of the ladder, and dumped it over on Benoit. Steel met flesh, which met steel. Michaels then stomped on the ladder a few times, sandwiching Benoit. Michaels grabbed the twisted ladder and headed into the ring. Chris Benoit struggled to get up as Shawn threw the ladder into the ring. Benoit summoned a great adrenaline rush and was able to get off the steel railing thrown down earlier. He slowly stumbled to the ring. Shawn was beginning to climb the ladder as Benoit grabbed a steel chair. Shawn was halfway up to the contract as Benoit slid the chair under the ropes, and quickly entered the ring. Benoit was up, and swung at Michaels’ legs. Shawn’s knee gave out, and he struggled to hang on. Benoit threw the chair down, and climbed up the opposite side of the ladder. He and Shawn exchanged blows. Benoit got the upper hand, and latched onto Michaels…sunset flip onto the chair!

Cole: “Oh my GOD!”

Benoit struggled to his feet again, and pulled a table from underneath the ring. He had enough time to set two up on the outside, as well as one on the inside. Michaels was nearly concussed, yet went after Benoit. He rolled Benoit over the table and into the ring. They both exchanged blows inside, with Shawn setting up for a piledriver. Benoit countered, and delivered a back body drop. Shawn flew over the ropes and threw the table set up outside. Benoit went to the outside, and grabbed part of a table as a weapon. He found a sharp piece, and whacked Michaels in the head. Shawn Michaels started to ooze blood, as Benoit made his first trek up the ladder. Benoit slowly climbed, and Shawn slowly started to creep back into the ring. He grabbed Benoit by his tights, trying to pull him off. Benoit kicked back at the bloody Michaels, whose blonde hair had stained red. Finally, a gigantic powerbomb erupted out of Shawn Michaels, with Benoit slamming on the mat hard. Michaels went outside the ring, bringing another ladder into the mix. Both climbed their respective ladders, and once at the same height, Shawn started to pound on the rung with his foot. He leaned back…Sweet Chin Music to Benoit! Shawn steadied himself, trying not to fall. He climbed to the top of the ladder, in clean reach of the contract. Shawn looked at a battered Benoit, and hit his elbow with his hand. Shawn didn’t have much room to fly…but he had enough. He took to the air, and delivered a hard elbow to the sternum of Chris Benoit!

Cole: “And this is only for a #1 Contender’s slot? There should be a whole new title given to the winner of these Three Stages of Hell!”

Shawn kipped back up, and then took a second to get his placement. He slowly climbed to the top of the ladder, as Benoit stirred below. Shawn looked at Chris, who was never going to reach to Shawn’s height at this point in time. Shawn looked up, and grabbed the contract. The bloody Michaels fell from the top of the ladder downward.

Winner of the Three Stages of Hell: Shawn Michaels (2) by ladder retrieval.

Match Reaction = 54.8%

Match Quality = 57.7%

Overall Rating = 61.1%

Heyman: “I can’t believe what I’ve just seen here tonight in those matches. Those two gave everything they had for just a #1 contendership, Michael Cole.”

Cole: “Indeed they did, Paul. In the end, Benoit just didn’t have what it took to take that top spot. But tomorrow, what will we see when Raven defends his newly won Championship against a man as sadistic as Shawn Michaels? We’ll find out tomorrow night!”

After a standing ovation from the crowd, Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit took a long look at each other. Shawn looked at Benoit, cast in the shadow of defeat. He looked at the crowd around them, and finally offered a hand to Benoit. Benoit was reluctant to accept, but he finally did. Shawn raised Benoit’s hand in the air, and each had truly seen a hardcore heaven.

Edited by TTP Owns You

Guest Reaperstang

You shouldnt give a big match away like that on a regular show. Maybe a tag team match with both men involved but thats about it.

• 2 months later...