ECW 2000 - What If The Radicals Had Returned Home?

naiwf

Decent PPV, but they didn't give you much to work with ;)

Benoit's promo was okay, but still is lacking something - I feel as though you're forcing his overness a bit too much with the chanting and stuff. Then again, the segments are rated highly enough, so.. it makes sense.

I'm still not feeling the return of all the guys, unfortunately. It just hasn't really struck me as anything "OH MY GOD" yet. Yet being the keyword, however.

I will be reading! :thumbsup:

ECW on TNN PREVIEW - 1/14/00

Little Guido vs Super Crazy - Although these two were involved in a tag team match at Guilty As Charged, their issue remains unsettled. With neither man being involved in the decision, it is unclear which is the better wrestler, and more deserving of consideration in regards to an ECW TV Title match in the future. Will Crazy's insane high flying skills be enough to keep the incredibly sound mat technician Guido off guard, or will the feisty Italian be able to ground Mexico's 'Extreme Luchadore' in what promises to be an action packed match?

Jerry Lynn vs Tajiri - These two also took part in the aforementioned tag match on the PPV with Tajiri registering a pinfall over 'The New F'n Show'. Lynn has been said to be irate since being defeated and demanded a chance to take on the 'Japanese Buzzsaw' one on one. It is rumored that the winner of this contest will take on the winner of Guido/Crazy at a later date with a shot at the TV title on the line, so expect both men to leave everything they have in the ring!

MAIN EVENT - ECW TV TITLE MATCH

Rob Van Dam © vs CW Anderson - It's a battle of initials as RVD takes on CW in Anderson's biggest match in ECW to date. After his impressive victory over Mikey Whipwreck at GAC, he will now have a chance to end the mindblowing 21 month run of the longest reigning champion in all of professional wrestling! Given RVD's brutal affair with Sabu last Sunday and the postmatch attack he endured by Eddie Guerrero, it's quite possible that this is the most vulnerable Van Dam has been since he won the title way back on April 4th, 1998. Can RVD survive this tough test and go on to face Guerrero in the future, or will CW Anderson shock the world by becoming the NEW ECW Television Champion?

We also expect to hear from Raven who is NOT happy with his former tag team partner, Tommy Dreamer, and we promise to deliver an up to the minute injury report on both New Jack & Spike Dudley, so be sure to join us on Friday night at 10 PM on TNN!

Guest Prototype

Good show. I like the idea of the Radicalz coming back, Im interested as well in the other storylines, like Raven and Dreamer, as well. Pretty good so far, so keep it up.

OOC: Pretend any word surrounded by stars such as *fuck* is censored. I'll include the words just so you know for sure what's supposed to be said

ECW on TNN 1/14/00

1 - CREDIBLE & STORM ARE NOT SCARED

Tonight's show began with Joey Styles recapping last Sunday's Guilty As Charged results, when he was suddenly interrupted by the sounds of "Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck" by Grinspoon. A few moments later, the NEW ECW World Tag Team Champions, the Impact Players (Lance Storm & Justin Credible), and the always lovely Dawn Marie emerged to major heat from the crowd. Credible chased Styles off with the threat of a Singapore cane shot and grabbed the mic that Joey dropped in his hasty retreat.

Credible: "For the last five days, all I've heard is that we only won these titles because Raven chose *pussy* over gold, and well, I think that's *bullshit*! Lance and I were dominating that match and could have put Raven or Tommy Dreamer away whenever we wanted to. The fact of the matter is we were the younger, hungrier team and had something to prove. Unlike those two old bastards, we're not letting a woman cloud our judgment, and that's why we're the best tag team in the industry today!"

Storm: "You're absolutely right. Now if I can be serious for a moment, since we are fighting champions, we'll put these titles on the line against Raven and Dreamer again, just to PROVE being a shadow of a doubt that we are the superior team. If Perry Saturn & Dean Malenko want to test themselves against the best team in ECW history, they are more than welcome to as well. The Impact Players are here to make a legacy, and since there is not a combination who will ever be able to beat us, we will put the gold up for grabs anytime someone is stupid enough to issue a challenge!"

*Storm flexes as Credible pats him on the back*

Credible: "Speaking of challenges. . . Mike Awesome, you OWE me a shot at the ECW World Heavyweight Title, and I'm gonna collect on that match right here NEXT WEEK. And when I beat you to become the World Champion in addition to being one half of the World Tag Champions, you'll find out that I'm not just the coolest. . . that I'm not just the best . . . but that I am JUSTIN CREDIBLE!"

*The Impact Players then strike their trademark pose while Dawn Marie looks seductive in the background*

Impact Players w/Dawn Marie int - 89.8% (4 min)

2 - CRAZY FINISH

As was explained on the ECW website, Super Crazy & Little Guido took part in a tag match at the last PPV, but neither was involved in the decision which led to this match and a mini-tournament of sorts with the winner here taking on the winner of Jerry Lynn/Tajiri at a later date with a shot at the ECW TV title on the line in that 3rd and final match. With the stakes that high, the early action was fairly tentative as neither man wanted to make a mistake, but at about 3 minutes in that's just what happened as a backdrop attempt by Guido was countered by Crazy with a fierce neckbreaker. Crazy then hit his multiple moonsault in the corner spot that got a rise out of the crowd and a 2 count. Guido quickly bailed out of the ring and began to walk away from the action to clear his head when Crazy sprinted across the ring and flung himself over the top rope, clipping Guido with a suicidal dive that prompted tonight's first "ECW! ECW!" chant. On the outside, Crazy pounded on Guido with punches to the face, but a low blow allowed Guido to spike Crazy with a DDT that saw Crazy end up doing a near headstand as he was violently driven into the floor. Guido tossed Crazy into the ring where he then blasted him with a cradle piledriver possibly sending a message to Jerry Lynn, his partner last Sunday and potential opponent should the two win tonight. Guido was so proud of himself that he began to play to the crowd, but Crazy somehow managed to nip up and knocked Guido down with a Tajiri style kick to the side of the head! A massive brainbuster followed, and then Crazy sealed the deal with a top rope moonsault for the victory! Only after the match did Crazy remember to sell the blows to his head, which knocked away from some of the believability aspect of the contest.

Super Crazy p. Little Guido - 71.4/68.9/71.3 (11 min)

3 - RAVEN REMINISCES

At this point in the show, we were treated to a promo taped earlier in the day as Raven sat in the lockerroom, while Francine rubbed his shoulders. Despite not having his share of the ECW World Tag Titles, Raven looks surprisingly happy as he begins to speak.

Raven: "It's no secret that I have not had the greatest luck with women during my lifee. Over the years, everyone has seen Tommy Dreamer steal Beulah away from me, and The Sandman ruin my life by taking his wife and son back after they were mine! You and I were never meant to be partners Dreamer. You know that the only reason I came back was to help you take out The Dudley Boys for hurting Beulah, and I lived up to my end of that deal. Quite simply, I grew tired of you trying to USE me again. I saw how you used to look at Francine. It was that same lustful look that you used to give Beulah when I was kicking your ass years ago. An old saying goes, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me", well you're NOT going to fool me again Dreamer! You will NEVER take Francine away from me, and if you even think about trying, I'll spill your blood just like I used to. I never NEEDED you Dreamer, and now that you're not holding me back any longer, I can move on to bigger and better things, such as reclaiming the title that Mike Awesome is currently disgracing by being the only man who would make a worse champion than you Dreamer!"

*Raven & Francine then begin to laugh, with Raven then deciding to kiss her as if to remind Dreamer and the rest of the world that she is his property*

Raven w/Francine int - 95.1% (4 min)

4 - LYNN SEEKS REVENGE ON TAJIRI

Our next match would determine which man would someday soon go on to face Super Crazy to determine the # 1 Contender to the ECW TV title. Also at stake was a chance at gaining revenge for 'The New F'N Show' Jerry Lynn as he tried to get even with 'The Japanese Buzzsaw' Tajiri, the very man who pinned him just five nights earlier in a tag match.

Unlike Guido/Crazy earlier in the night, this match was all out from the opening bell as Tajiri caught Lynn with a few swift powerful kicks to his sides before clotheslining him down. Tajiri then slammed Lynn down and measured him for what would have been a knockout kick had it connected, but Lynn ducked it and swept Tajiri's legs out from underneath him before delivering a series of hard rights to the face. Lynn then scooped Tajiri up and scored with a series of various suplexes before spiking his opponent with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker, earning a round of applause despite being the heel in this match. Lynn then signalled it was time for his finisher, but Tajiri managed to escape the attempted piledriver with a roll through into a backslide, which earned him a near fall. Lynn complained that Tajiri had his tights (which he didn't), so the ref went to admonish Tajiri, giving Lynn enough time to thumb his rival in the eye. Lynn then connected with a tornado DDT in the corner before stealing one of Tajiri's signature moves with the TARANTULA! Lynn's cocky grin was evident as Tajiri winced in pain while the referee broke the hold. A standard DDT followed with Lynn pulling Tajiri up at 2 3/4. 'The New F'N Show' once again informed the crowd it was time for the end, and this time he planted Tajiri with a CRADLE PILEDRIVER for the win, and a date with Super Crazy in the not too distant future.

'The New F'N Show' Jerry Lynn p. Tajiri - 78.3/73.1/84.6 (12 min)

5 - WHY WAIT?

Following his impressive victory, Jerry Lynn requested a microphone and then began to speak.

Lynn: "It's no surprise to me that I easily defeated Tajiri since he's just not on my level. Super Crazy is also not on my level, but the main man who is trying so hard to be as good as Jerry Lynn but failing is none other than Rob Van Dam! *Lynn draws some heat from the crowd* You can boo all you want, but I GUARANTEE that none of you here want to see CW Anderson fight for the ECW TV title next. The fact is that match NEEDS Jerry Lynn in it, and if RVD wants to prove he's not a spineless punk, he'll let me in that match so I can prove to him that I am 'The New F'N Show'!"

*Joey Styles goes into super shill "I don't know what's gonna happen next" mode as we cut to a commercial break*

Jerry Lynn int, challenges RVD for TV title shot - 76.6% (3 min)

MAIN EVENT - TV TITLE ON THE LINE

Tonight's Main Event didn't start right away as security had to pull Jerry Lynn out of the ring after Paul Heyman informed Lynn that he would NOT be part of the match and that if he interfered in any way he'd be removed from his # 1 Contender's match with Super Crazy! Once that whole scene was over, CW Anderson made his way out to a minimal reaction as most in the crowd did not see him as a deserving opponent for Rob Van Dam. As "Walk" by Pantera began to play, the crowd erupted and RVD emerged to the loudest cheer of the night. After a lengthy prematch introduction for the champ, the match finally began roughly 5 minutes after the break ended.

Van Dam started off quickly as he hit Anderson's right cheek with a leaping kick, which sent CW back to the nearest corner. Anderson checked to see if all of his teeth were in place before blindly charging out of the corner where he was caught with a drop toehold and a half dozen or so open handed slaps to the back of his head before RVD jumped off of him and mocked CW with a few jumping jacks! Anderson was steaming once more as he again charged at RVD, and was once again taken down by RVD who openly yawned in Anderson's face once 'The Enforcer' got back to his feet. CW charged for a third time, and finally managed to catch RVD as he stopped short, forcing RVD to sidestep and then walked right into a vicious clothesline. CW mounted RVD and nailed him with a series of fists to the face and headbutts to the chest before dropping a stiff elbow right near Van Dam's heart. An attempted cover only got a 2 count, but gave Anderson some confidence as he pulled Van Dam up and fired him over the top rope to the floor below.

On the outside Anderson grabbed a chair which he then introduced to the small of RVD's back three times before tossing it into the ring. Van Dam was in clear pain as Anderson whipped him spinefirst into the ringpost. But then, Anderson made a mistake by trying to clothesline RVD while he was up against the steel as RVD did a split just before Anderson's arm would have hit him, leaving it to strike the ringpost instead! Van Dam caught CW with another leaping kick before tossing him into the ring and slamming him on the chair which Anderson had used moments earlier! A split legged moonsault followed, with the cocky RVD returning now as Anderson was in trouble. Van Dam then made his way to the top, did his thumb taunt with a slight wince before executing his FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH. After a brief pause, Van Dam rolled on top of Anderson and secured the victory in a match that took more out of him than most would have expected. To make matters worse, Jerry Lynn ran down to the ring and nailed RVD from behind with a clothesline to the back of the neck. Lynn then went for his CRADLE PILEDRIVER, but Van Dam backed out of it before nailing Lynn with a spinning heel kick to the jaw. RVD then threw Lynn out of the ring where 'The New F'N Show' decided to back off as he no longer had the element of surprise on his side.

MAIN EVENT - ECW TV TITLE MATCH

'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam © p. CW Anderson to RETAIN the title! - 76.7/68.4/77.1 (15 min)

7 - A VIOLENT CONCLUSION

But, just as RVD cleared Lynn out of the ring, the combination of Eddie Guerrero, Perry Saturn & Shane Douglas stormed through the crowd and swarmed him. The trio quickly got the better of Van Dam with Saturn putting him down with a shot from RVD's own TV title belt! Saturn then locked in his RINGS OF SATURN while Guerrero and Douglas cheered him on. Eddie eventually called Saturn off, instructing him to hold RVD's feet, while Douglas did the same with his arms. Guerrero grabbed the title belt, and then draped it across Van Dam's exposed sternum before floating to the top, licking his finger and checking for the wind direction and diving off with a high impact FROG SPLASH! Guerrero hit the gold with such force that he clearly injured himself in the process, but Van Dam was clearly the worst for wear as he clutched at his ribs, possibly suffering a fracture or a clean break in one or more of them. Satisfied with their work, Douglas and his crew then began to celebrate as the show finished.

Eddie Guerrero, Perry Saturn & Shane Douglas att RVD - 84.1% (5 min)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

81.6% overall rating, 67,922 (+102) viewers, 3,603 people attended

Notes: ECW's overness is now 61.1% across the US.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECW PRESENTS LIVING DANGEROUSLY - MAR. 12TH, 2000

No matches announced yet

I wanted to wait to see you book your own first show before I commented on this, and as you have done it, I feel obliged to start talking. As I do with some diaries, I will be presenting my own personal grades after each and every show.

This show gets a C+.

I liked the opening spot with The Impact Players, despite it serving no real purpose on the show whatsoever. I may be in a minority, I am not sure, but I always liked this team. Credible is not ready to Main Event ECW here, nor was he in reality, but in a mid to upper midcard Tag Team he works quite well. On the other hand, Lance Storm always seemed sort of wasted here with Credible. It's an odd thing for me, as I don't want to see them break up, but I don't think this is good for Storm's career, and really only benefits Credible as his OBVIOUS weaknesses are well hidden. Perhaps a third male member could fix this problem? Just thinking aloud really.

Next we move to the two Number One Contender's for the TV Title matches, and in my opinion the weakest parts of the show. All four men are gold in the ring, all four men deserve to be here, and yet I never suspected for a moment that it wouldn't be Super Crazy and Lynn as the winners in the end. There was no suspense, in any way whether it be gut instincts or via the writing, as to the outcome. I know this might not be the ECW way, but I would have loved some sort of mini tournament that would have seen all four men in multiple matches against each other, with the man with the most wins, best of seven perhaps, being named the man to meet RVD at some PPV in the future. That would have provided me with enough suspense and could have either taken one man and propelled him clearly over all the others when he won them all or could have made all four men look equally good. Again, this is speculation and even fantasy booking of fantasy booking on my part, but while the matches were fine as is, they weren't great and I never felt they were going anywhere but to the ending we saw.

The Raven promo was serviceable. I know how hard it is to write one of those things, and I have seen you write some simply golden Raven promos so I know you have it in you, but this wasn't one of your best. Still, it was a damn sight better than most are capable of doing.

Your Lynn, however, was quite good. I was never really sold on a heel Lynn, ever, but if you continue to work with him as you have here I may be able to see him as a workable heel. His demands to be in the Main Event because nobody wants to see Anderson and RVD was a nice touch.

The Main Event was okay, as Lynn was right I really didn't want to see that, only made better by the fact that RVD just got the shit kicked out of him by four other people. I am wondering where Anderson wandered off to however, as the challenger just disappearing so as to allow the attackers and the attackee to provide their own story isn't how I remember ECW. I would have preferred to see Anderson hang around, join in on the beating, then maybe get taken out as well. Are the invaders here, Douglas, Saturn, and Eddie, only going after certain people or are they after everyone in ECW? A seeming union with Anderson only to be followed by an attack on him as well would have furthered that question in my mind quite well.

All in all, it was an above average naiwf show. Sadly, much as I do with several other writers, your usual standard is so high that even an average show is leaps and bounds ahead of damn near everyone else in The Dome. A C+ here is like an A in an average writer's diary, so please keep that in mind as I write and respond to your shows.

TRC

Edited by theromacomplex

I wanted to wait to see you book your own first show before I commented on this, and as you have done it, I feel obliged to start talking.  As I do with some diaries, I will be presenting my own personal grades after each and every show.

Great shows so far naiwf. Keep up the good work.....

I am looking forward to seeing which side is Benoit on...he has issues with Douglas, BUT, he came back to ECW looking forward to Saturn, Malenko and Eddie's best interests, which leads to the obvious question of "who's side is Benoit on?"

• 10 months later...