Completing Video Games

Benji

Am I the only one who finds it really hard to complete videogames? It's not necesarilly that you struggle, but instead that if you fail you go to rest from it and come back later, and never quite do. I always find myself doing this, but when I do get back to it I get really into it and then probably stop again for ages, it's made me determined to actually complete a load that I haven't during this holiday.

Just wondering if anyone else is like this?

When I was younger I used to play a game from start to finish and not stop until it was clocked/completed. Because they were better when I was younger or because I had less money? Maybe it was because I didn't notice how crap games could be back then? I dunno. There hasn't been a game out for a while I have sat down and completed properly. Only the new Def Jam game I have completed recently.

I now prefer games like Football Manager and Civ 3 these days.

This has happened to me several times just this year. I picked up Shellshock: Nam 67 and a used copy of True Crime: Streets Of LA. I got about 3/4 of the way through each than I got ESPN College Hoops 2k5 and Halo 2 and have not played either since. I eventually end up beating them like a year later and it takes twice as long because I totally have forgotten how to play the game and the rust makes for massive amounts of dying and restarting.

I hardly ever complete games. The ones I do are usually older ones that I go back to after months or even years without playing them. For example, the last game I completed was Discworld II for the PSone and I'm currently playing Donkey Kong 64 and have got pretty far in it.

I don't think I've ever beat a videogame.

I've had Final Fantasy X for a year (well, come this Christmas it'll be a year), and I'm still stuck at Mushroom Rock.

I just got an XBox, and I have a feeling I won't complete either Halo or Halo 2. <_<

Can't say I ever completed many games either. I fnished GTA: SA and VC but never finished 3. Or Manhunt. A few months back I tried completing Donkey Kong Country on the Snes but didn't manage it. I want to complete Double Dragon on the Snes too.

Guest Red Devil

The only game i've got that can be "completed" GTA:SA and i'm trying to do that but there is so much more you could do with the game so i end up wandering around creating diffrent scenarios. Most of teh games i have are sports games so there isn't really an ending to it, unless you count in the SD v RAW season mode which even a 2 year old can complete in days.

yeah I had that problem but now I have slowed my pace down of video game buying although it is christmas so I have more games to play which makes it harder.

this winter break I have completed Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life: Blue Shift(I am getting Half-Life 2 for christmas), Grand Theft Auto 1, Grand Theft Auto 2, Grand Theft Auto London(and expansion to that),Grand Theft Auto 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City(note some of the games I was saved in the middle so didn't take long to beat plus I am getting GTA: SA for christmas hopefully), The Bouncer, Devil May Cry 1, Medal of Honor: Frontline(still have Rising Sun to do), Warcraft 3 and expansion and I think that is it so far. I am currently working on Kingdom Hearts and Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Mario 64.

I have this weird thing of taking a really long time to beat video games to "make them last." Unfortunately, I make them last forever by never beating them. It's all part of a weird childhood thing where I wanted to take a really long time on a game since the only time I ever got new videogames was Christmas and one over the Summer. But now since I buy my own, I've been trying to kick this habit, which I still can't. For example, I have 70 hours logged in San Andreas, but I just got to the second city.

IM witcha Benji

I always will play a video game and get stuck or get a new one and forget about finishing it

But in the rare occurance I do finish it

I put them in a separate area compared to the imcomplete ones to know which ones I have mastered

I've only "completed" the Smackdown! games, GTA:VC, GTA:SA, and Xenosaga: Episode I. Usually I like to dally around in games, especially games that I know don't have too much replayability, so I can draw my money's worth out of them.

I usually get to the last boss of a game (mainly RPG) and find I can't beat it because Im not strong enough, I usually stop at that point because I cannot be arsed to level up tons and find the "Shaman four bladed laser axe of wrathness" or whatever. I do like to complete games though, but recently, I havent had any desire to, HoMM is fucking hard.

Oh, forgot, I've completed EverQuest: Champions of Norrath as well, but I don't know if you'd count that - as I completed with the help of two friends.