Completing Video Games

Benji

I have a bigger problem

I have this idea that I have to beat games in order to play new ones, so I have some games still in Shrinkwrap from last Christmas. Games like Final Fantasy X & Kingdom Hearts are shrinkwrapped because I feel until i beat the games I have opened(007: Nightfire, Ratchet & Clank etc) It will cheapen the experience or something. Sooner or later I think I'm going to open the games even if I haven't played them cause I think I'm just lazy to take the shrinkwrapping off...

I have a bigger problem

I have this idea that I have to beat games in order to play new ones, so I have some games still in Shrinkwrap from last Christmas. Games like Final Fantasy X & Kingdom Hearts are shrinkwrapped because I feel until i beat the games I have opened(007: Nightfire, Ratchet & Clank etc)  It will cheapen the experience or something. Sooner or later I think I'm going to open the games even if I haven't played them cause I think I'm just lazy to take the shrinkwrapping off...

My friend and I used to completely every game we could. Only three in my Playstation and Playstation 2 game collection that we've never completed when we tried.

What ones?

Populus: The Beginning

Some Star Wars one.

and Summoner (PS2)

EDIT:

I, too, want Rome: Total War.

I also have Kingdom Hearts, never played it. My friend has, though. He likes it.

Edited by Summers

My completed list:]

Sonic (the original one for the Genesis)

Sonic 2 (genesis)

Shinning Force (Genesis)

Shinning Force 2(genesis)

Phantasy Star 4 (genesis)

Final fantasy IX (PS 1)

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers(GBA)

The lord of the rings: the return of the king (PS 2)

GTA: SA (PS 2)

Psy-Ops (PS 2)

Those are the most recent.I have so many that I started and never finished. I bought an used copy of Arc the Lad for the PS2 and I was hooked....but I made it into the final dungeon and lost interest. Same thing happened to NFSU 1, I made it to race 100 and lost interest. I bought Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls for the GBA and started playing FF 1...but 17 hours into it and I am bored. I want to complete that one before playing FF2. Same thing happened to Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories...I am almost at the end, more than 20 hours into it and I just lost interst.

I remember two years back, I played FFX till I died on the last boss. Then, a few weeks ago, I kicked it up again, and beat it using Yojimbo's one hit kill attack. Who cares if that was cheap? The sheer fact that I beat it alone filled me with an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment.

But yeah, I get this problem alot. Especially with survival horror games, since I get so stressed out playing them I give up halfway.

Guest Mr McFarlane

The only time I get detered (sp? >_>) from finishing a video game is, in an RPG specifically, I'm playing through it for a good four or five hours and then something happens which would make me turn it off without saving. (IE: Freezing, People knocking out the cord, Eating the PS2 accidently)

I can't stand playing through parts of a RPG I've already played through.

Depends on if you define "finished" as "seen the ending" or "got 100%"

I never get 100% in games, just because there's so much to do.

As far as seeing the endings, I FINALLY finished GTA III before returning it after getting VC. Finished VC, and SA, ending-wise, but 100% just doesn't happen.

I play sports/manager games so there really isn't an "ending" to speak of.

I finished FFX, and "finished" X-2, but to my eternal shame I never got 100%. I meant to, but then I got distracted. I'm in Act III of it now, and I want to play again....I just don't want to play again because I just KNOW I'll forget to do something that I was supposed to do immediately after loading in Act III and I'll have to finish III, IV and V, go through I and II AGAIN just to get to III. Plus I can't remember if I forgot anything in I and II......bah. I hate games where you need 100% for a certain ending.

The only games that I have beaten (and remember)

Aladdin for SNES (Good times, good times)

Suikoden I and II for the PS1 (and Vengy is right, it is the best RPG)

But my mom on the other hand beats alot of platformer games:

DK 1 and 3 for SNES

Both N64 Zeldas

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie

DK64

All the Ratchet and Clank games

Beyond Good and Evil for PS2

Okage for PS2

Jak 1 and 2

Plus many more that I don't remember.

I don't really have a problem with this, but I rarely have a chance to play games much now. The most recent game I've just quit halfway through was Resident Evil Zero on GameCube. It was at a period when I was interested in the Resi Evil series again, having bought Resi Evil : Code Veronica X. That sparked off interest in buying the REmake, and Zero, but after beating Code Veronica, REmake, and getting halfway through Zero, I got bored running back and forth through the same damn rooms.

I need more tips from Sean to help me progress :(

Well, I've got the following games sitting next to my PS2 which I have still yet to complete...

The Getaway: Black Monday

X-Files: Resist or Serve

X-Men: Legends

Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon

RAW vs. SmackDown!

Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force

On my PC, I have:

C&C: Red Alert 2

Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force 2

Star Trek DS9: The Fallen

Yup, will probably never complete any of them the way I am.

Red Alert 2 shouldn't be too difficult to complete although it depends on whether you class easy mode as complete. I played through on Normal mode a month back and finished it with the Soviets (I think).

Seen as it's been mnetioned I finished RA2 and Yuris. Can't recall if I completed RA1 and the add ons (Counterstrike/Aftermath). Defienately didn't finish C&C or the add on (Covert Ops).