I won tickets to a Concert cause my house sucks

Maxx

So there was this radio contest. You had to say why your house was awesome and why The Darkness should come to your Memorial Day BBQ.

Problems here are:

My house is not awesome

I'm not a huge Darkness fan

I'm not having a Memorial Day BBQ

But unabashed, I called anyways and described by sucky house.

3 floors, really small front and side yard

backyard is all pavement

surrounded by old people, lots of old people. Who like to call teh cops for any activities going on.

Well, Mr. DJ guy didn't think my house would impress the British so I said ok.

Then he asked if I liked the Darkness, I said sure.

The Offspring? Yep

POD? Why not?

Finger Eleven? Uh-huh

Story of the Year? Hells yeah

Want tickets to see them all at River Rave 2004? WOOO YEAH AND SUCH!

So I got tickets instead and thats probably going to be alot more fun.

And my girlfriend is gonna kill me cause she'll be in florida till monday and she loves Story of the Year and Dashboard Confessionals who will also be there.

The Darkness and POD on the same show. How they manage to get so much mainstream suckitude into concerts without creating a black hole of anti-talent I will never know.

The Darkness and POD on the same show. How they manage to get so much mainstream suckitude into concerts without creating a black hole of anti-talent I will never know.

I officially love you.

Only semi-decent band on that entire list is Finger Eleven, and even then they're sucky. Story Of The Year is the same old shit that MTV & Co. tries to pass off as 'punk'.

Meh.

Finger Eleven and the Offspring are the only bands worth a shit, and the Offspring is only worth it if they play some of the older stuff.

Guest Angry Baboon

I would have had the Darkness come, and then poison the Barbecue.

And then bury them upside down in my backyard, and have the surviving members of Queen and Led Zeppelin come over and urinate repeatedly on their graves.

Squancho's got the right idea there. I wouldn't pay to see them, and I'm glad Maxx didn't have to. Just have a little piss break and buy some merchandise during their set.

I sorta like Finger Eleven and I really used to like Offspring, but after playing Crazy Taxi I never liked them that much anymore.

Well, what's to like about them? They're a novelty band, more or less. If I wanted glam or hair metal/rock/music I would go buy Twisted Sister CDs.

I'm british?

No, the closest I get to British people is New London, Conneticut and thats really really not close.

I'm from England sure.....NEW England, Rhode Island to be exact.

Yes its WBCN River Rave.

Oh and here's a full list of bands

The Offspring, POD, The Darkness, Puddle of Mudd, New Found Glory, Everlast, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Story of the Year, The Distillers, Finger Eleven, The Living End, My Morning Jacket, Apartment 26, MrNorth.

Hmm Green Day's been going on and on about The Living End, now I get to check them out.

Edited by Maxx

I'm looking forward to The Living End

I really want to see Offspring and Story of the Year

Wish I went last year...2003 had AFI, The Ataris, The Used and 13 other bands

Guest bruins72

If there's anyone else in the New England area, WBCN is going to be giving away a ton of tickets to the River Rave on Thursday (I think it's Thursday). They're giving away a pair of tickets every minute from 11 AM till 11 PM. Did they not sell as many as they were expecting or something?

Well, I never heard of River Rave till this year because this is the first time I started listening to WBRU a WBCN affiliate.

I used to listen to FNX who also broadcast out of Boston and are, I'm guessing, a rival station.

So the Rave, despite having amazing lineups each year goes pretty underhyped