WWE Raw: 2005-2006

King.

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

Springfield Civic Center, Springfield Massachusetts

2/16/05

The Monday Night Raw opening plays through, and we cut to the inside of the Springfield Civic Center in Springfield Massachusetts. The pyro explodes from the rafters and the stage, and the fans are on their feet. After a few shots of the cheering fans, and a welcoming from Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler, we hear the theme music of Raw diva Victoria!

Victoria comes strutting out from the back, dancing to her theme, and smiling to the crowd. The fans cheer as Victoria walks down the ramp, and rolls into the ring. Victoria continues to pump up the crowd, as the lights change over and Molly Holly’s theme music hits.

The fans give a cheer for Molly Holly, the new WWE Women’s Champion. Molly Holly comes walking out to the stage, the Women’s championship around her waist. Molly walks down the ramp, and enters the ring. She poses for the fans, and hands her title off to the referee.

The referee raises the title above his head, signifying that this is a Women’s Championship bout. The ref hands the title to a ringside crew member, and calls for the bell.

Victoria vs. Molly Holly© - WWE Women’s Championship

For the three minutes these two girls were given, they showed the Springfield crowd that women are just as good as the men when it comes to in-ring competition. Both women battled it out in a pretty evenly matched contest. At about a minute and a half in to the match, Victoria managed to actually hit the Widow’s Peak. However, Molly landed too close to the ropes, and after the second count of a pinfall attempt, the WWE Women’s Champion managed to get her feet on the ropes. Molly Holly then began to battle back, hitting some nice looking moves in the process. In the closing moments of the match Molly climbed to the top turnbuckle looking to nail the Molly-Go-Round. Suddenly, fire exploded from the stage, and Kane’s theme music began to play. Molly jumped down from the turnbuckle, gazing at the stage in confusion. Soon Kane emerged from the curtain, and began walking down the ramp. The Big Red Machine got in to the ring, and starred at Molly and Victoria. Both women backed up slowly, when suddenly Kane charged grabbing both women by the throats, and hoisting them up for a double chokeslam.

The fans began to boo heavily as Kane stood above the two fallen Raw divas. Kane looked down at Victoria and Molly, and began to look distraught. Pacing back and forth in the ring, wiping sweat from his brow, and talking to himself. Kane then skinned the cat to exit the ring, and began walking up the ramp, continuing to look angered about something. We go to commercial as Molly and Victoria are tended to.

Mayhem Shapes Up

We come back from commercial to find Eric Bischoff sitting backstage at his desk, he just finishes signing some sort of paper.

Eric Bischoff: “Well, after thirteen hours of arguing, I’m glad we finally came to a decision.”

The camera pans back and Stone Cold is shown sitting on a sofa couch next to Bischoff’s desk. Stone Cold looks relaxed, with an open beer in his hand.

Eric Bischoff: “So there we have it. I’ve signed it, you’ve signed it. At Mayhem it will be Steven Richards defending his Intercontinental championship against both Shelton Benjamin and Christian in a triple threat match.”

The crowd cheers, and Austin nods agreeing with what Bischoff had said. Austin looks over at Bischoff, and coughs loudly.

Eric Bischoff: “Oh, right. Your part of this… a triple threat ladder match.”

The fans erupt as Stone Cold smiles to himself and stands in front of the desk.

Stone Cold: “Good, well, now that that’s settled, I’m just going to go in form Steiner, and Shamrock about their match at Mayhem.”

Eric Bischoff: “Whatever Steve- Hey wait! What match? I didn’t agree to no match featuring Steiner and Shamrock?”

Stone Cold: “Did you not get my memo?”

Eric Bischoff: “Memo? I didn’t get no stinkin memo!”

Stone Cold: “Oh well, I booked a match for Mayhem, Steiner and Shamrock versus Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels.”

The fans erupt, and Eric Bischoff looks livid.

Eric Bischoff: “WHAT?! I thought we needed to agree on any match made for Pay-Per-Views, how’d you book that without my signature?!”

Stone Cold: “We only have to agree on matches that involve a championship belt of some kind. Everything else, is fair game. Read the fine print, you slappy bastard.”

Stone Cold reaches over the desk and pats Eric on the shoulder, before turning and walking out of the scene. Bischoff stares off in space, and then suddenly swipes several items off of his desk in anger.

user posted image

StevieGuy: "Nice! Triple threat ladder match!"

HardcoreIcon: "I wonder if Stevie can hold up in a ladder match?"

NovaFan: "Problem Solvers vs. HBK/Orton should be alright for what it is."

user posted image

February 22nd 2005

A night of questions answered. Why did Kane interrupt a women's championship match this past Monday on Raw? What are the conditions of WWE Women's Champion Molly Holly, and Victoria?

Why did Shane Helms turn his back on his former partner Rosey? What is the condition of Rosey following that steel chair attack from Raw?

Also, the World Tag Team champions have also issued an open challenge to anytime in the WWE. Who will answer their challenge?

Chris Jericho was attacked, and his fingers broken by Raven this past Monday on Raw. What is the conition of Chris Jericho? And why have he and Raven been at eachother's throats as of late?

All this and more this Sunday, on Heat.

user posted image

February 22nd 2005 – Sunday Night Heat

Springfield Civic Center, Springfield Massachusetts

Evolution Argues With The GM

Evolution opened up the show, walking to the ring with Triple H leading his group. Triple H took the microphone as Flair, Steiner, and Shamrock stood behind their leader talking trash to the fans, getting more heat for Triple H to play off of.

Triple H: “Last week, the so called General Manager of Sunday Night Heat, Stone Cold Steve Austin, decided to add some of his own flavor to my match at Mayhem next Sunday. Apparently, according to the Texas Rattlesnake, Triple H versus Batista just isn’t enough. So what did he do? He decided to make the match take place inside of a fifteen foot stage cage!”

The Game continued to argue this fact, calling the decision made by Stone Cold unfair, and demanding that Vince McMahon, Eric Bischoff, the WWE Board, anybody other than Stone Cold get involved in this matter, and change this decision.

After about five minutes of Triple H putting over the match, and Batista, the theme music of Stone Cold Steve Austin blasted, and the fans erupted. Stone Cold walked out to the stage, and after appealing to the fans, he responded to the thoughts of Triple H.

Stone Cold: “Boo hoo! Boo hoo! Why don’t you stop your crying? WHAT?! I said why don’t you stop your crying! WHAT?! I said you’re pathetic!”

Stone Cold then went on to announce that the match was set, and signed for Mayhem, and that there was no way out of it for Triple H, which scored a big pop from the fans. Austin also went to announce that if anybody from Evolution endangered the match in anyway, whether that be attacking Batista before hand, or during, they would be fired, and “That’s the bottom line.”

Ric Flair: “Who the hell do you think you are Austin? Do you remember who this man is? He’s the son of a bitch that was most responsible for putting your Texas Rattlesnake ass in to retirement! You played The Game Austin, and you lost! WHOOOO!”

Stone Cold returned the statements, getting in to everything that Flair has been saying since joining up with Triple H. Stone Cold brought up a brief heritage of the career of Ric Flair, sparking a nice few pops from the crowd with mentions of Hogan, Bret Hart, and Sting.

Stone Cold: “But I’ll tell you what Ric Flair… You’ve managed to piss me off just about as much as one person can. So next Sunday, at Mayhem, you’re not going to be the odd man out in Evolution. With Triple H battling Batista, and the two Problem Suckers going against Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels… I think the Nature Boy needs a match of his own!”

The fans erupted to this, and Nature Boy got livid for a bit, until Triple H pulled himself and began to talk some sense in to him, nodding, and calming him down. Stone Cold then went on to announce that at Mayhem, Flair would step in to the ring with The Canadian Crippler, Chris Benoit!

Stone Cold: “And that’s the bottom line! Cause Stone Cold said so!”

The fans cheered as Stone Cold’s theme music hit, and Flair looked a bit worried about Sunday at Mayhem. Triple H, and the rest of Evolution circled up in the ring, pep talking one another, before leaving the ring.

user posted image

FaceTurn: "Benoit vs. Flair? Awesome!!"

Muddasucker: "Yo, I'm definitly ordering Mayhem."

BlandyOften: "Ugh, I hate Orton."

user posted image

February 23rd 2005

With Mayhem only a week away, General Managers Stone Cold Steve Austin and Eric Bischoff have promised to deliver a taste of Mayhem, this Monday Night on Raw.

Already announced is a blockbuster eight man tag team match putting Edge, HHH, Ric Flair, and Scott Steiner against Rhyno, Batista, Chris Benoit, and Randy Orton. With each of these men in one way or another facing one of their opponents this Sunday at Mayhem, this is sure to be a telling of the carnage we'll witness at Mayhem.

Announced last night on Sunday Night Heat by Raw General Manager Eric Bischoff, Raw Women's Division newcomer, Madusa, will go one on one with WWE Women's Champion Molly Holly in a non-title match. Bischoff has made this match for Madusa to show him what she can do. What is the this Raw newcomer capable of?

Also it has been announced that Chris Jericho will go one on one with Raven at Mayhem.. Will these two cross paths this Monday on Raw?

All this and more on Raw!

user posted image

February 23rd 2005 – Monday Night Raw

New Haven Coliseum, New Haven Connecticut

Shelton Benjamin vs. Shane Helms

Helms continued to show the fans that he is now, indeed, a heel. A good one at that, and also no longer a superhero. Helms played dirty the entire match, mixing such moves as eye pokes, with the great technical ability that both men possess. Benjamin managed to pick up the win following a Stinger Splash in the corner, followed by a T-Bone suplex.

After the match, Christian hit the ring, standing behind the celebrating Shelton Benjamin, in the ready position. The fans stood by, as Christian taunted Benjamin to turn. Then behind Christian, Stevie Richards has slid in to the ring! Benjamin turns, and gets tackled down to the mat by Christian. Christian stands, pointing at Benjamin and talking trash. The fans cheer as Stevie readies himself, and as Christian turns, Richards charges spearing him to the floor.

The fans continue to cheer as Richards stands up, and taunts both of his opponents for this Sunday. He motions as if he’s climbing a ladder, and then points to the Intercontinental title which is laying by where Stevie slid in. The champion picks up his belt, and poses with it.

Christian stands, and chases off Stevie who runs up the ramp, smiling, and holding his belt. Captain Charisma yells at the champion, throwing a bit of a tantrum, kicking the bottom rope, the whole deal. Christian turns back around, and BAM! Kick to the gut by Shelton Benjamin, followed by a T-Bone suplex, sparking another pop from the crowd.

Benjamin pumps up the crowd as his theme music hits. Benjamin and Richards lock eyes, with Stevie mocking Benjamin very sarcastically. We go to commercial with Stevie holding his belt, Benjamin standing facing him in the ring, and Christian laid out.

user posted image

BigBlue: "I love Stevie."

Kandiman: "I could've booked that better."

MutherTrucker: "Poor CC!"

• 8 months later...