WWE: Deception

pr0c32

Raw Preview | February 7, 2005

Eric Bischoff announced the first match for the upcoming No Way Out and it's going to be a Triple Threat for the Intercontinental Championship! Steven Richards is going to have quite a task on his hands, but tonight he will team up with the monstrous Viscera to take on Shane Helms and Val Venis. Will Helms and Venis manage to cooperate long enough to pick up a win over the Intercontinental Champion or will Richards gain the early advantage?

In what was supposed to be a decisive match for the #1 Contendership, all hell broke loose last week and no winner was declared! Eric Bischoff has announced that tonight we are going to see a huge 6-Man tag team match with the winning team facing each other next week in a Triple Threat to determine the #1 Contender!

Which team will walk out with a chance to become the #1 Contender? All this...and more!

Confirmed Matches

Steven Richards and Viscera vs. Shane Helms and Val Venis

Triple H, Kane, and Edge vs. Randy Orton, Chris Benoit, and Shawn Michaels

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE RAW

FEBRUARY 7, 2005

[Across the Nation” blasts throughout the speakers and the crowd goes wild as the opening of the show begins. The camera cuts straight to the ramp where we see Shane Helms making his entrance.]

----------------

TAG TEAM MATCH

SHANE HELMS and VAL VENIS vs. STEVEN RICHARDS AND VISCERA

The match opened up with Richards arguing with Viscera over who should enter first. Viscera pushed Richards down and entered the ring against Val Venis. The opening segments of the match consisted of Venis attempting to outmaneuver Viscera, but failing. The tides turned back once Venis avoided a Splash and made the tag to Shane Helms.

Helms managed to take Viscera down with a Shining Wizard, but then tackled Steven Richards on the apron! Helms began beating down Richards until Viscera grabbed him back into the ring before hitting the Samoan Drop for the win!

Winners: Steven Richards and Viscera

----------------

JR: The amazing strength of Viscera was just too much for Shane Helms to handle!

King: I wouldn't be caught dead wrestling Viscera! That man scares the living hell out of me!

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Monday Night Raw and what an explosive beginning it has been. We've got quite a night here tonight with a huge six man tag match…with the winners facing each other in a Triple Threat match next week to determine the #1 Contender!

King: I hope Triple H wins so he can get his title back again!

----------------

AMAZING…AREN'T I?

[batista and Flair are standing backstage with a group of wrestlers surrounding them.]

Flair: There ain't a man alive who can outdo Big Dave here! WOOO! C'mon!

[The wrestlers all murmur amongst themselves before Craig Williams steps out.]

Flair: We've got a taker! Show him how it's done Batista! C'mon! WOOO!

[batista bends down and picks up a HUGE weight as the wrestlers look on in surprise]

Batista: Your turn rookie.

[Williams tries to pick up the same weight, but fails]

Batista: Amazing…aren't I?

Flair: I told ya! There ain't a man alive better than Batista over here!

[The crowd begins to move away until Rhyno steps through]

Rhyno: Watch this.

[Rhyno manages to pick up the same weight with ease. He puts it down as the crowd of wrestlers clap]

Rhyno: Amazing? Good, but not amazing. I'm amazing. You're just good.

[Rhyno chuckles and walks off as Batista looks ticked off in the background]

----------------

JR: That was quite some feat by both Batista and Rhyno.

King: Rhyno must've cheated, JR! There's no way he could do the same as Batista! Batista is a monster!

JR: Rhyno is known as the Man-Beast, King, so you gotta give him some credit.

King:

JR:Speaking of Rhyno, he'll be defending the World Tag Team Titles here tonight against La Resistance!

King: Viva la Resistance!

----------------

WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES MATCH

LA RESISTANCE vs. TEAM ECW©

The match began in favor of La Resistance who attacked Team ECW before the champions could even get into the ring. Rhyno managed to get the momentum back for his team after hitting an illegal Sylvian Greiner with The Gore. Rhyno managed to dominate Conway from there before going to make the tag with Tajiri, only to see Batista running down the ramp. This allowed Conway to roll Rhyno up from behind for the win and for the tag team titles!

Winners and NEW Tag Team Champions: La Resistance

----------------

JR: What business does Batista have in this ring! He just screwed Team ECW out of the tag team titles!

King: I bet it had something to do with Rhyno cheating earlier!

JR: Bah Gawd, King! Rhyno won that fair and square and I'm sure he would've won this match if it hadn't been for Batista!

King: Quiet JR! Batista has the microphone!

----------------

YOU WANT A REAL CHALLENGE?

[batista grabs a microphone and gets into the ring as Rhyno is looking furious]

Batista: Let me guess…you're pissed off because I screwed you out of the tag team titles. The tag team titles that mean nothing. The tag team titles that mean nothing compared to…pure, brute strength. You see, I always thought I was the strongest man in this business until a few moments ago when you just showed me up backstage.

[The crowd pops and cheers Rhyno who chuckles to himself]

Batista: And for that…I respect you.

[batista holds out his hand, but Rhyno seems reluctant. He finally accepts, but Batista pulls him forward for a clothesline! Rhyno manages to duck, bounce off the ropes, and nails Batista with a Gore!]

[Rhyno heads up the ramp beating his chest as the crowd cheers him on. Batista doesn't look too pleased from inside the ring.]

----------------

JR: Batista's plan just backfired, King!

King: C'mon Batista! Get back up! You can't let Rhyno do that to you!

JR: I don't think he can hear you, King.

King: Batista! You'll be avenged later tonight!

----------------

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?

[Triple H, Ric Flair, and Chris Benoit are all standing backstage watching the events unfold on the television.]

HHH: What the hell was that, Flair? Tell me that did not just happen!

Flair: Hunter, you gotta calm down. I'm sure Batista's got it under control.

HHH: Calm down? Rhyno just gored the backbone of Evolution! Without Batista who knows what's going to happen in tonight's tag match!

[Eric Bischoff walks into the room]

Bischoff: That has got to be one of the most vile acts of violence I've ever seen!

HHH: Thank you, Eric. You see Flair? We've got to control this, understand?

Bischoff: Wait a minute. I'm not talking about Rhyno. I'm talking about Batista!

Flair: Wha-?

Bischoff: Yeah. I saw how Batista tried to attack Rhyno, but it looks like Rhyno just got the better end of the deal.

HHH: Don't tell me nothing is going to be about this, Bischoff!

Bischoff: Something will be done, alright. You see, No Way Out is coming up in a few weeks and at No Way Out, we're going to see Batista take on Rhyno one on one!

HHH:

[bischoff starts to leave, but is held back by Chris Benoit]

Benoit: One more thing, Bischoff. How come I'm not on the right team in our six man tag match?

Bischoff: You want to know why I put you with Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton? Because…I wanted to!

[bischoff laughs and leaves the room as Evolution looks pissed off]

----------------

JR: I wonder what's going to happen as Triple H and Chris Benoit are on opposite teams!

King: Whatever happens, I'm sure Chris Benoit will do the right thing JR!

JR: We'll have to see about that, King. I know Chris Benoit and he will jump at any chance he gets.

King: Trust me, JR. He'll do the right thing!

----------------

SINGLES MATCH

SHELTON BENJAMIN vs. GARRISON CADE

This wasn't that much of a match, even though Cade got in some good offense. He even got a near-fall after nailing Benjamin with a Top Rope Elbow Drop. The match switched over to Benjamin from there with him eventually hitting the T-Bone Suplex for the win.

Winner: Shelton Benjamin

----------------

JR: Shelton Benjamin with the win over Garrison Cade!

King: Oh…what's he doing now? Must he waste our time, JR?

JR: Shelton Benjamin is the future of this business, King! Let him speak.

----------------

SOMEONE I HAVEN'T FACED BEFORE!

[shelton Benjamin grabs a microphone and stands in the middle of the ring]

Benjamin: Ever since I've come to Raw, I've been given opportunities and I've taken them! I've beaten some of the best superstars on this show…hey, don't get me wrong…I respect them, but I have beaten them. Now, I understand that No Way Out is coming up and I don't have a match yet! So, I've decided to take it upon myself to have an open challenge for someone who hasn't faced me yet…

[“I'm Back” hits and Eric Bischoff comes out to the ramp with a microphone in his hand]

Bischoff: Shelton…you have indeed made an impact here on Raw and that does deserve some credit. As for No Way Out, however, I already have a match planned out for you and it is against someone you have never faced!

[benjamin smiles and rolls his shoulders]

Bischoff: At No Way Out…it's going to be…Shelton Benjamin versus…Viscera!

[benjamin's expression turns to one of intimidation as he takes a deep breath]

----------------

JR: Shelton Benjamin is going to take on that monster, Viscera!

King: Shelton's gonna get squashed both in the match and by Viscera!

JR: I know that Benjamin can do it if he wants to, King!

King: Whatever.

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up next is our huge six man tag team match to decide the three contenders for the World Heavyweight Championship!

----------------

KING OF THE WORLD AND LOVIN' IT!

[Eric Bischoff is walking backstage when he bumps into a drunk Jericho who is surrounded by women]

Jericho: Eric B! What's happening, man?

Bischoff: Nice to see you're enjoying yourself, Chris.

Jericho: Well, I am the World Heavyweight Champion and I am surrounded by one…two…wait a minute…three beautiful women! What's not to enjoy?

Bischoff: Well…

Jericho: Go on, have one.

Bischoff: No, I'm fine…

Jericho: Fine, be an assclown then. What were you saying?

Bischoff: This week, I let you off easy without a match, but next week…you're going to be facing Ric Flair in a singles match!

Jericho: That old fart? I've got it taken care of! C'mon Ladies!

[Jericho leaves as Bischoff shakes his head]

----------------

JR: Chris Jericho and Ric Flair next week! What a match that's going to be!

King: Go Naitch!

----------------

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

TRIPLE H, KANE, and EDGE vs. RANDY ORTON, SHAWN MICHAELS, and CHRIS BENOIT

This was a pretty good match, which isn't surprising considering the men involved. The overall theme was the distrust of Chris Benoit who always tagged out whenever Triple H came into the match. Kane was his usual self destroying anyone who tried to attack him and even those who didn't.

The ending came when all hell broke loose and Orton managed to nail Triple H with the RKO. The two of them rolled to the outside, drained of power. Inside the ring, Kane and Edge began arguing over who's the legal man, allowing Chris Benoit to roll up Edge from behind for the win!

Afterwards, Kane hit a Chokeslam onto Edge before leaving.

Winners: Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, and Chris Benoit

----------------

JR: Chris Benoit has won it for his team! It's gonna be Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, and Chris Benoit in a #1 Contender's Triple Threat match next week!

King: Chris Benoit is going to make both of them tap!

JR: Make sure to tune in next week, folks!

----------------

OOC: Ladies and Gentlemen...I present...Raw...Is...Updated! Enjoy!

Smackdown Preview | February 10, 2005

In 2004, fans were treated to the first ever interactive PPV as Raw debuted Taboo Tuesday. Now, in just six days, Smackdown fans will have the same opportunity to vote for match stipulations for matches featuring their favorite superstars, so make sure to tune in tonight for the last stop before...Wired Wednesday!

The tension between Nick Gambino and Brent Clifton has been building since both men debuted on Smackdown. Tonight, both men will have the chance to exact revenge since Theodore Long has announced that we'll get to see Nick Gambino go face to face with Brent Clifton! Which newcomer will come out the winner and prove that he truly is the future of this business?

With Wired Wednesday just six days away, a Battle Royal mainevent has been announced for tonight to determine the #1 Contender for the WWE Championship! Superstars announced for tonight's match include: John Cena, Booker T, Rey Mysterio, and Heidenreich! Who else will be added to the mix and who will walk out with a shot at Smackdown's biggest prize?

Tune in to find out!

Confirmed Matches

Rene Dupree vs. Charlie Haas

Brent Clifton vs. Nick Gambino

#1 Contender Battle Royal

WWE SMACKDOWN

FEBRUARY 10, 2005

[The intro video is shown before the camera cuts to the announcers' table]

------------

Cole: Welcome to Smackdown, Ladies and Gentlemen! I'm Michael Cole joined here at ringside by my partner Tazz!

Tazz: What's happening, Folks? We're just six days from Wired Wednesday and that's gonna be an off the hook event, Cole!

Cole: I am sure it will be, Tazz! It's Smackdown's first interactive PPV and it's coming to you on February 16 only on PPV!

Tazz: We've already got three matches announced and knowing Theodore Long, I'm sure we're going to get some more great matches here tonight!

Cole: In six days, we're going to see Kurt Angle defend his WWE Championship against the winner of tonight's Battle Royal, while the losing competitors will face each other in an Elimination Match at Wired Wednesday to determine the #1 Contender for WrestleMania 21!

Tazz: Let's get this show on the road!

------------

THE #1 CRUISERWEIGHT CONTENDERS?

[spike Dudley and Billy Kidman are standing backstage chatting who would make a better Cruiserweight Champion when Theodore Long walks up to them.]

Long: What're you two standing around here for? You got a match coming up next!

Spike: A match? What're you talking about? No one told us anything about a match.

Long: Oh, you didn't here? Lemme holler at ya then. You two are going to face Paul London and Chavo Guerrero in a tag team match and the winners will go on to face Nunzio for the Cruiserweight Championship at Wired Wednesday!

[Kidman and Spike chuckle and rub their hands as Long leaves the room]

------------

Cole: Another match made for Wired Wednesday, Tazz! Nunzio is going to defend his Cruiserweight Championship against either Paul London and Chavo Guerrero or Billy Kidman and Spike Dudley!

Tazz: I hope Kidman and Spike win, since both would make a better Cruiserweight Champion…at least in my point of view.

Cole: Here comes Paul London!

------------

TAG TEAM MATCH

PAUL LONDON and CHAVO GUERRERO vs. SPIKE DUDLEY and BILLY KIDMAN

Paul London received a rather large pop from the crowd, while Chavo got a mixed reaction. The match began with Chavo and Kidman as the two rolled around with some nice mat-based work before Kidman gained the advantage after a cheap lowblow while Spike distracted the referee.

Kidman went for the BK Bomb, but Chavo reversed it into a Hurricanrana before tagging in London. Kidman made a quick tag to Spike who got taken down with a clothesline from London. London finished up the remainder of the match destroying Spike with an array of high-flying moves. In the end, Spike tagged in Kidman who ran straight into a rollup from London! 1…2…3!

Winners: Paul London and Chavo Guerrero

------------

Cole: Paul London and Chavo Guerrero are going to Wired Wednesday!

Tazz: Oh well, it's still gonna be an awesome Triple Threat match for the Cruiserweight Title!

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen, still to come tonight is our #1 Contender's Battle Royal featuring some of Smackdown's top superstars!

------------

THE DUDLEYZ OWN THIS SHOW

[Charlie Haas and Funaki are walking backstage when The Dudleyz stop them.]

Bubba: Look at you punks! Walking around here with those tag team titles like you own the damn place!

D-Von: You guys ain't **** and you never will be! Me and Bubba…we own this joint! We are the most dominant tag team in this business!

Bubba: What're you looking at?

[bubba slaps Funaki, which ignites Haas who tries to attack Bubba. D-Von knocks Haas down and The Dudleyz perform a quick beat down before making their escape]

------------

Cole: I can't stand those Dudleyz, Tazz! I wish they would just go back to Raw and leave us alone!

Tazz: I've worked with The Dudleyz in ECW and I've got to admit that they are very selective on who they like and who they don't like.

Cole: I won't argue with that.

------------

SINGLES MATCH

RENE DUPREE vs. CHARLIE HAAS

This was a pretty good match, which the crowd was fairly into. Rene Dupree looks to be going back to his Anti-United States gimmick as he began taunting the fans and their USA chants. It would've been nice if the match had gone a little longer, but The Dudleyz interfered and took out Haas with a 3D! The referee disqualified Rene Dupree as all three men began beating down on Haas, until Funaki and Shannon Moore came running down to even the odds!

Winner: Rene Dupree

------------

Cole: Here comes Funaki and Shannon Moore!

Tazz: Are they crazy or what? The Dudleyz and Dupree are going to go destroy them!

Cole: I don't think so Tazz! It looks like Funaki and Moore just ran off The Dudleyz!

------------

PRE-MATCH FACEOFF

[Nick Gambino is walking backstage when he bumps into Brent Clifton]

Gambino: You wanna watch where you're going?

Clifton: I'm going to the ring.

Gambino: The ring? What a coincidence! I'm going to the ring right now as well!

Clifton: Hmm…

Gambino: You know what won't be a coincidence, though? Me beating the living hell out of you in that very ring!

Clifton: Why wait until we get to the ring? Why don't we go right here right now?

Gambino: Is that a threat?

Clifton: They don't call me “Lethal” for nothing!

[The two of them break out into a brawl backstage]

------------

Cole: What're they doing? They have to wait until they're in the ring before fighting!

Tazz: These guys have a profound hatred for each other, Cole and…look! They're coming out here!

Cole: You're right!

------------

THIS CAN BE SETTLED AT WIRED WEDNESDAY!

[Nick Gambino and Brent Clifton continue fighting until referees come to separate the two. Theodore Long appears onto the ramp, looking furious]

Long: This match was a normal match, not a hardcore match! Now, since the two of you can't get along here on Smackdown…we're gonna have to settle this at Wired Wednesday!

[The crowd cheers]

Long: And just so you don't think you can get away with another brawl like this, the fans are going to decide what kind of match you're in!

------------

Cole: We're gonna get to see Nick Gambino and Brent Clifton face off at Wired Wednesday!

Tazz: This show just keeps getting better and better!

Cole: Without a doubt, Tazz! Ladies and Gentlemen, still to come tonight is our #1 Contender's Battle Royal to determine who will face Kurt Angle at Wired Wednesday!

------------

NOT THIS TIME EDDIE.

[Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio are standing backstage talking.]

Guerrero: Esse! Tonight you and me are gonna do some serious damage in the Battle Royal, Holmes!

Mysterio: You know it Eddie.

Guerrero: After all, you're gonna hit and 619 and I'm gonna hit the Frog Splash and then it's Kurt Angle versus Eddie Guerrero at Wired Wednesday!

[Guerrero laughs and walks out of the room. He is stopped by Rey Mysterio]

Mysterio: Hold on a minute, Eddie. You might be able to lie, cheat, and steal, but that's not gonna work tonight. Tonight is my night, Eddie!

[Eddie shrugs his shoulders before leaving]

------------

Cole: Eddie Guerrero will have to deal with Rey Mysterio tonight, Tazz.

Tazz: Well, these two guys know each other in and out and that is going to have a huge impact on how they approach this match.

Cole: We can't forget about some of the other participants as well, Tazz. We've got The Undertaker, Heidenreich, JBL, and Booker T!

------------

SINGLES MATCH

SHANNON MOORE vs. JESUS AGUILERA

This was nothing more than a glorified squash match as Jesus dealt with Moore in a few seconds. The highlight of the entire segment was when Dupree came down to beat down on Moore before leaving to good boos from the crowd.

Winner: Jesus Aguilera

------------

Cole: Rene Dupree has caused enough damage already! Why does he keep picking on Shannon Moore?

Tazz: Well, Moore shouldn't be getting in Dupree's way!

Cole:

------------

TWO FINAL MATCHES FOR WIRED WEDNESDAY!

[The Dudleyz are watching on a television backstage]

Bubba: That's the man right there D-Von! Rene Dupree!

D-Von: You know it, brother!

[Theodore Long steps into the locker room]

Long: I've given it some thought and even though you two clowns don't deserve it…I'm giving you a title shot at the tag team titles this Wednesday at Wired Wednesday!

Bubba: You mean to say…

Long: Yeah. It's going to be the Odd Duo defending their tag team titles against The Dudley Boyz!

[The Dudleyz are all laughs and cheers when Dupree walks in smiling]

Long: As for you Mr. Frenchie…after that cowardly display out there, you're gonna be taking on Shannon Moore!

[Dupree laughs as Long leaves the room]

------------

Cole: Two more matches made for Wired Wednesday, Tazz!

Tazz: I cannot wait until Wednesday, Cole. This is going to be off the hook!

------------

#1 CONTENDER'S BATTLE ROYAL

PARTICIPANTS: REY MYSTERIO, EDDIE GUERRERO, BOOKER T, JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD, THE UNDERTAKER, HEIDENREICH, THE BIG SHOW, ROB VAN DAM

The crowd was surprised to see The Big Show, whose appearances on Smackdown have become limited due to an injured shoulder. The first elimination came when Heidenreich eliminated JBL after pulling the rope down. His celebration was short-lived, however, as The Undertaker soon dumped him from behind. The rest of the match had it's highs and lows with the crowd behind Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio, who teamed up for most of the match.

Rob Van Dam was the third man to be eliminated after Eddie Guerrero crotched him on the turnbuckle and then hit a high dropkick to send RVD over the top and down below.

The Undertaker was the fourth man to go after being thrown over by The Big Show. The three smaller men then went to work on The Big Show. Mysterio hit a 619, which caused Big Show to stumble backward. Guerrero and Booker T proceeded to toss him over the top rope. Booker T was the next to go as Eddie Guerrero acted all friendly and then tossed him over the top rope.

Guerrero ran towards Mysterio, but was hit with a Drop Toe Hold into the 2nd Rope! Mysterio hit a 619 and went for the West Coast Pop, but Eddie moved over to the rope to dump him! Mysterio leaned backward and Eddie went over as Mysterio fell onto the apron!

Winner: Rey Mysterio

------------

Cole: Rey Mysterio's done it! He's going to face Kurt Angle for the WWE Championship at Wired Wednesday!

Tazz: Rey Mysterio doesn't stand a chance, Cole!

Cole: Make sure to order Wired Wednesday only on PPV! See you on Wednesday, folks!

------------

OOC: Bah...I know Wired Wednesday seems a little rushed, but I think the card is pretty good nonetheless. Anyway, problem was that I miscalculated the shows I would have to promote the show, so I kind of had to rush the match announcements onto Smackdown. Anyway, I'll post a "Final Card" later on tonight.

user posted image

Nick "Gangsta" Gambino versus Brent "Lethal" Clifton

a] Hardcore Match

b] Submission Match

c] Cage Match

Rene Dupree versus Shannon Moore

a] Normal Match

b] Count-Out Match

c] Knock Out Matchp

Carlito Caribbean Cool© versus Rob Van Dam // United States Championship

a] Cage Match

b] First Blood Match

c] Backstage Brawl Match

The Dudleyz vs. The Odd Duo© // WWE Tag Team Championship

a] Tables Match

b] Chairs Match

c] Normal Match

Chavo Guerrero vs. Paul London vs. Nunzio© // WWE Cruiserweight Championship

a] Triple Ladder Match

b] Elimination Rules

c] Normal Match

#1 Contender's Battle Royal // Winner Gets a Title Shot @ WM21

a] Ring of Wire Match

b] Normal Elimination

c] Hardcore Elimination

Kurt Angle© versus Rey Mysterio // WWE Championship

a] 2/3 Falls Match

b] Submission Match

c] Cage Match

a] Hardcore Match

b] Submission Match

c] Cage Match

a] Normal Match

b] Count-Out Match

c] Knock Out Matchp

a] Cage Match

b] First Blood Match

c] Backstage Brawl Match

a] Tables Match

b] Chairs Match

c] Normal Match

a] Triple Ladder Match

b] Elimination Rules

c] Normal Match

a] Ring of Wire Match

b] Normal Elimination

c] Hardcore Elimination

a] 2/3 Falls Match

b] Submission Match

c] Cage Match

user posted image

a] Hardcore Match

b] Submission Match

c] Cage Match

a] Normal Match

b] Count-Out Match

c] Knock Out Matchp

a] Cage Match

b] First Blood Match

c] Backstage Brawl Match

a] Tables Match

b] Chairs Match

c] Normal Match

a] Triple Ladder Match

b] Elimination Rules

c] Normal Match

a] Ring of Wire Match

b] Normal Elimination

c] Hardcore Elimination

a] 2/3 Falls Match

b] Submission Match

c] Cage Match

OOC: I think the card is pretty self-explanatory, but if you have questions just post them here or PM them to me and I'll answer as best I can. Anyway, vote in this topic or PM the votes to me.

Now I have made my predictions, I have to say, this diary has to be one of my favourite ones I have read and am suprised that hardly anyone replies. It is awesome, I only discovered it today and it is great.

KUTGW.

Raw Preview | February 14, 2005

No Way Out is coming up fast and Jericho does not have an opponent for his World Heavyweight Championship! All that is going to change here tonight as Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, and Chris Benoit face off in a Triple Threat match to determine the #1 Contender for No Way Out!

The fued over the Intercontinental Championship heated up last week after Viscera managed to pick up the win for Steven Richards! Tonight, Val Venis has the pleasure of facing Viscera in a singles match! Will Shelton Benjamin be on the lookout to weaken the behemoth opponent of his or will Viscera gain some momentum as we get closer to No Way Out?

The past few weeks have seen the fued between Batista and Rhyno escalade to a point that both men almost came to blows last week! Tonight, Batista will go one on one with the man that eliminated him from the Royal Rumble...Shelton Benjamin! Can Batista can Mr. Benjamin or does Rhyno have some plans of his own?

Confirmed Matches

Batista vs. Shelton Benjamin

Ric Flair vs. Chris Jericho

Viscera vs. Val Venis

Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton - #1 Contender's Match

WWE RAW

FEBRUARY 14, 2005

[“Across the Nation” blasts across the P.A. and the crowd is on their feet as we take one step closer towards WrestleMania 21! The camera pans through the crowd as the pyros go off in the background. We cut to the announcers' table with Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler.]

------------

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Monday Night Raw and what a night it is going to be! General Manager Eric Bischoff has made some hell-raising matches here tonight!

King: And it's all going to be topped off by the #1 Contender's Triple Threat Match! I can't wait, JR!

JR: Neither can I, King, but we've got a few other announced matches here tonight which are sure to be equally as exciting!

------------

SINGLES MATCH

CHRIS JERICHO vs. RIC FLAIR

Chris Jericho comes down to a HUGE pop from the crowd as does Ric Flair. This match was a good choice to open with as it got the crowd going and neither man looked weak. The dominance shifted back and forth, until the end when Jericho managed to nail Flair with an Enzugiri to the back of the head. Jericho locked on the Walls of Jericho and forced Flair to tap in the middle of the ring!

Winner: Chris Jericho

------------

JR: Chris Jericho wins the match! He made Ric Flair tap out in the middle of the ring!

King: Well, there is a reason he is the World Heavyweight Champion, JR.

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up tonight is a Triple Threat Match to determine the #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship! The winner will go on to face Chris Jericho at No Way Out!

King: I hope Chris Benoit wins! He makes a good champion!

JR: Let's take a look back at last week when a huge six man tag match took place.

[Clips are shown from the tag match last week]

------------

THE GAME SHOULD BE IN THE MATCH!

[Evolution is walking backstage with Triple H looking furious. Flair comes up to them sweating]

Flair: Trips! I don't know what happened, he somehow tricked me and BAM! Enzugiri to the back of the head! You know how it is, Jericho cheats and…

HHH: I don't want to hear it, Flair. I want you to go to Eric Bischoff's office and tell him to put me in the match tonight.

Flair: But…

HHH: Or wait a minute…I have an even better idea. Yeah, this one is going to work.

Flair: Huh?

HHH: Suppose we go tell Flair that Chris Benoit has given his position up to me?

Benoit: I never agreed to that.

HHH: It doesn't matter, because I'm the boss and I make the decisions here!

[benoit grumbles as Triple H nods his head. Benoit and Flair leave for Bischoff's office]

HHH: Batista, you're gonna have to hang out with me for protection. You know, just in case Edge or Kane get some ideas.

Batista: I got a match coming up and I…

HHH: You know what? Never mind, Batista. Go get ready for your match, because I think I can handle myself.

[HHH shakes his head and walks off as Batista looks on]

------------

JR: Eric Bischoff had better not give Triple H the spot in the Triple Threat as he does not deserve it!

King: Who are you to decide who deserves what, JR? Your job is to just sit here and comment on the match!

JR:

------------

SINGLES MATCH

BATISTA vs. SHELTON BENJAMIN

This match never got off the ground as one minute into the match, Viscera's music hit and the big man made his way into the ring. He motioned to Batista and the two of them went to work on Benjamin. The referee called for the DQ, but the two men continued to work on Benjamin. The crowd erupted in cheer, however, when Rhyno came dashing down the ramp and into the ring. He ducked a clothesline from Batista and nailed him with a Gore! Viscera tried to pick up Rhyno, but Rhyno moved and pushed Viscera over the top rope below!

Winner: Draw

------------

JR: Rhyno coming to Benjamin's aid! This keeps getting better!

King: I'll bet! Here comes Eric Bischoff!

------------

NO WAY OUT…LITERALLY!

[Eric Bischoff comes onto the ramp looking displeased]

Bischoff: This sickens me! Raw superstars are not supposed to behave like little children! I was going to save this announcement until later, but…at No Way Out we're going to see Rhyno versus Batista inside a steel cage! You two want to be animals…well now here's your chance!

[The crowd cheers as Bischoff leaves the ramp. Rhyno and Batista stare each other down]

------------

JR: Another match made for No Way Out this Sunday! Ladies and Gentlemen, don't forget to order this awesome show!

King: I know I'm going to be ordering it!

JR: You'll be there, King.

King: That's right! I forgot! Even more reason to get the show I suppose.

------------

THE FLAME RETURNS…

[The camera cuts backstage to a dark room, where Kane's face appears]

Kane: Edge…last week…you destroyed my chance of becoming the World Heavyweight Champion! I would've had the match won if you hadn't hit me with a Spear!

[Kane looks frustrated as he speaks]

Kane: That Spear put something back inside of me…it put that beast back into my body! I don't care about the World Heavyweight Championship and I don't want the World Heavyweight Championship! I want…your…blood!

[Kane laughs]

Kane: I…”spoke”…with Eric Bischoff and he announced that at No Way Out, in six days, it's going to be me and you inside of the ring…winner take all!

[Kane's face vanishes]

------------

JR: I wonder what that's all about! What's Kane talking about?

King: I don't know, but it looks like we're going to get to see Kane versus Edge at No Way Out!

JR: That will be a good match, but Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up next is Viscera taking on the Val Venis!

------------

SINGLES MATCH

VISCERA vs. VAL VENIS

This was a surprisingly decent match, even though the crowd was tired of seeing Viscera twice in one evening. The match consisted of Venis using innovative tactics to knock Viscera off his feet, but the big man wouldn't take the fall. Steven Richards walked down towards the end of the match, but was attacked by Shane Helms from behind!

The crowd began going wild as Venis managed to take advantage of the distracted Viscera and nail him with the Money Shot for the win!

Winner: Val Venis

------------

JR: Val Venis picks up the win here tonight! He certainly has some momentum going into No Way Out, King!

King: He might have, but he has to take on two other men at No Way Out for the Intercontinental Championship!

JR: That's true. Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up soon is our mainevent Triple Threat to determine the #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship!

------------

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

[Evolution is standing in Bischoff's office shouting at him]

HHH: Bischoff! You have to give me a spot in the match tonight! I need back the World Heavyweight Championship!

Bischoff: Look! You had a chance last week to get into the Triple Threat, but it seems like Randy Orton managed to get there first!

HHH: You don't understand! Give me Benoit's position, then! He agrees to the switch!

[bischoff looks over at Benoit whose looking around the office]

Bischoff: No. Besides, I'm sure the fans would much rather see Chris Benoit in the Triple Threat than you!

Flair: What!? That's absurd, Bischoff! You can't do this! Nope, you can't do this! I'm gonna go see Mr. McMahon!

Bischoff: You do that, Flair. And besides, Triple H, we all know this isn't about the World Heavyweight Championship! This is about Randy Orton! This about beating the living hell out of Randy Orton!

HHH: Orton…

Bischoff: This is about facing Randy Orton at No Way Out in the final encounter! This is about making him work twice at No Way Out if he wins the Triple Threat here tonight! This is about…

[HHH, at this point, is dazed and lost in the thoughts of bashing in Orton's head. He begins to nod in a trance.]

Bischoff: Good. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some work to do!

[bischoff leaves the room, but Triple H snaps out of the trance. He realizes he's been tricked into a match against Orton.]

HHH: Bischoff!

[Evolution leaves the room in search of Bischoff]

------------

JR: Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up next is the much awaited Triple Threat match to determine the #1 Contender for Jericho's World Title!

King: Whoever wins, I hope they take the title from Jericho!

JR: Well, all three of these men are accomplished superstars and I would not be surprised to see any one of them in the mainevent at No Way Out!

------------

#1 CONTENDER'S TRIPLE THREAT

RANDY ORTON vs. CHRIS BENOIT vs. SHAWN MICHAELS

This match was superb and could've passed off as a PPV match. The crowd was hot for all three men, who each had their turn to dominate. The match revolved around the “throw one man out and two men fight” angle. Some nice spots include Benoit reversing the RKO and pushing Orton into a Sweet Chin Music. Another spot which got the crowd popping huge was Benoit and HBK locking Orton into a weird-looking Double Sharpshooter!

Orton also had a good match hitting an RKO on both Benoit and HBK and almost getting the pinfall. The clean ending came when Benoit and HBK both nailed their respective top-rope maneuvers (Headbutt + Diving Elbow) onto Orton at the same time! Both men made the pin and got the pinfall as the crowd looked confused.

Winners: ???

------------

JR: What the hell! Benoit and Michaels got the pin at the same time!

King: Benoit should get the win! C'mon referee!

JR: Oh, wait a minute! It's Eric Bischoff!

------------

THE MAINEVENT OF NO WAY OUT IS…

[Eric Bischoff comes down to the ramp]

Bischoff: Ladies and Gentlemen…the winners of the #1 Contender match…Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit! Now I'm sure you're all wondering who is going to get the shot at the World Heavyweight Championship! Well, as soon as I saw this happen…an idea came to mind. At No Way Out…it's going to be Chris Jericho defending his World Heavyweight Championship against Chris Benoit…and Shawn Michaels!

[The crowd pops huge as Bischoff smiles and leaves]

------------

JR: Mah Gawd! A Triple Threat match for the World Heavyweight Championship! Ladies and Gentlemen, make sure to tune in this Sunday for No Way Out!

King: I can't wait, JR!

------------

OOC: I was wondering what you guys think I should do for Wired Wednesday. Should I post the card before hand so you guys can predict the winners or should I do it like I did with New Year's Revolution and post the winning votes during the show?

SMACKDOWN PRESENTS: WIRED WEDNESDAY

FEBRUARY 16, 2005

---------

[The opening highlight package shows with all the events leading up to the show. The camera pans the audience before cutting backstage.]

---------

THEY DON'T CALL ME “LETHAL” FOR NOTHING!

[Josh Matthews is standing backstage with Brent “Lethal” Clifton]

Matthews: Brent Clifton, in just a few minutes you are going to be facing Nick Gambino in one of three matches. Out of the possible three, which one do you feel most comfortable with?

Clifton: Let me say something, Josh. You see…me and Nick go back a long way back, back before Tough Enough even! I know his wrestling style and he knows mine and that certainly is going to create some interesting scenarios down the road. As for the match up next…it's doesn't matter! Back when I was wrestling in Blackdeath Wrestling…I was known as the Hardcore Demon! It doesn't matter if it's a Submission Match, because I can make him tap quicker than a government mule! I know there's a cage out there, but I'm not sure if it's for me! If it is…well it looks like Nick Gambino has no where to run!

Matthews: You seem rather…

Clifton: Confident? That's because I am Josh. I am confident that I am going to kick Nick Gambino's *** all over that ring!

[before Josh Matthews can speak up, Carlito Caribbean Cool walks up]

Carlito: I'm sitting in my locker-room waiting to be interviewed about my match with Rob Van Dam, when I see this waste of time happening out here. You know what that is?

[Matthews shakes his head]

Carlito: That's not cool.

[Carlito takes a bite from his apple and spits in the face of Matthews. He laughs and extends his hand to Clifton.]

Carlito: Good luck out there tonight, man.

[Clifton reaches to accept the handshake, but Carlito pulls it back and walks away chuckling to himself.]

---------

Cole: Brent Clifton seems rather confident about his match coming up with Nick Gambino! These two have a hatred for each other back since there before joining Smackdown!

Tazz: And let me tell you something right now, Cole! When two wrestlers know each other as well as these two do, you gotta keep on your feet if you wanna stay alive!

Cole: Wise words, Tazz. Ladies and Gentlemen…here comes Vince McMahon!

---------

WELCOMING WORDS FROM THE MAN HIMSELF!

[Vince McMahon comes down to a good pop from the crowd. He steps into the ring and grabs a microphone]

McMahon: I would like to thank all the fans here and all the fans watching from home! It is my pleasure to introduce the first ever interactive Smackdown PPV…Wired Wednesday! Now before we begin the show, I'd like to introduce the poll announcer for tonight!

[The crowd looks towards the ramp as…Shane McMahon comes down to a HUGE pop from the crowd]

McMahon: Shane McMahon! Ladies and Gentlemen! Enjoy the show!

[Vince heads to the back as Shane takes the microphone and waits for the cheers to die down]

Shane: Ladies and Gentlemen…our first match of the evening is…one of my more treasured matches of all time…

[The crowd starts up a “Hardcore” chant]

Shane: That's damn right, because right now and right here…it's gonna be Brent Clifton taking on Nick Gambino in a Hardcore Match!

[The crowd goes wild as Shane McMahon leaves the ring]

---------

Cole: The fans have decided! A hardcore match between Clifton and Gambino is going to take place right here!

Tazz: Man, this really brings back memories from the ECW days, Cole!

Cole: I'm sure it does, Tazz.

---------

HARDCORE MATCH

BRENT CLIFTON vs. NICK GAMBINO

Nick Gambino is the first to come out…with Paul Heyman! The crowd is booing, while some are chanting “ECW” through loud whispers. Gambino gets into the ring and removes his jacket before throwing it to the outside of the ring. Heyman grabs a microphone before speaking:

Heyman: My client is in no way obliged to participate in this brutal match! He does not have to partake in the risks involved, especially against a careless brute such as Brent Clifton!

[The crowd is booing]

Heyman: He should not have to…[He looks around]…Alright. Nick Gambino will take part in this match, but let me tell you something! If Brent Clifton gets into this ring…it will be the biggest mistake he has ever made!

[Clifton's face appears on the titantron]

Clifton: Cut the crap, Paul. You talk about me making the mistake of getting into that ring? Paul, the only mistake here is YOU!

[Heyman starts shouting some gibberish as Gambino looks frustrated.]

Heyman: You bring your *** down here Clifton! He's gonna kick the living hell out of you! C'mon!

[The crowd goes nuts as Clifton walks down the ramp with a series of weapons in his hands! In his right hand, he's holding a steel baseball bat and in his left, he's holding some barb wire!]

Clifton stands on the outside of the ring and assembles his weapon. The end product appears to be a baseball bat covered in barb wire. Clifton smiles and looks at the crowd before sliding into the ring and confronting Heyman and Gambino. Gambino charges forward, but Clifton grabs his head and throws him over the top rope! Clifton turns back around to Heyman who is nearly pissing his pants.

Clifton bangs the bat onto the ground as Heyman falls into the corner and begs Clifton to leave him alone. Gambino manages to get back in and attack Clifton from behind! Heyman escapes to the outside as the match begins inside the ring!

Gambino kicks Clifton in the stomach before whipping him into the corner turnbuckle. Clifton hits hard and walks out into a Backdrop. Gambino picks up Clifton and whips him back into the ropes, but Clifton returns with a hard clothesline which knocks Gambino down. Clifton picks up his baseball bat again, but Gambino rolls to the outside before real damage can be done. Clifton climbs outside and is attacked before being whipped into the steps. Gambino picks up Clifton again and goes for a Suplex, but Clifton blocks and hits a Suplex of his own on the outside! The crowd is cheering Clifton on as he looks under the ring for some weapons to use.

Clifton manages to produce a 2x4 which he takes and smashes across the head of Gambino. Gambino stumbles around before being hit with a DDT! Clifton cheers with the crowd before picking up Gambino and rolling him into the inside of the mat. Clifton slides in and stomps Gambino into the corner before placing a steel chair over his head. The crowd is on their feet as Clifton climbs the top turnbuckle and jumps off for a Legdrop! Gambino moves and Clifton crashes onto the chair and mat.

Gambino manages to stand up and he picks up Clifton and nails him with a few punches to the head before whipping him into the turnbuckle. Gambino charges forward and nails a clothesline in the corner before hitting a Swinging Neckbreaker. Gambino goes for the pin, but picks up a 2. Gambino sees the baseball bat and picks it up before walking over to the groggy Clifton.

Gambino waits for Clifton to get to his feet before wrapping the barbed wire bat around his neck and choking him out! Clifton struggles to escape, but Gambino holds on tight! The crowd is booing Gambino, but he lets go and Clifton falls to the ground. Gambino climbs to the outside and looks underneath for some more weapons. He produces a wooden table, which he slides into the ring before setting up.

Clifton is standing back up using the ropes. His face is bleeding heavily, as Gambino punches him in the head before rolling him onto the table. Gambino goes and grabs a steel chair, but Clifton fights back and knocks the steel chair back into Gambino's face! Gambino stumbles back as Clifton gets off the table. The two men exchange punches, until Gambino ducks a punch and nails a DDT onto the steel chair! Gambino makes the pin! 1…2…No!

Gambino cannot believe it, but he picks up Clifton and throws him onto the table. The crowd is booing him like hell, but he proceeds to climb onto the turnbuckle before taunting the crowd. Clifton manages to roll off and crawl up into the corner where he punches Gambino in the head to slow his attempts. Clifton manages to ascend onto the turnbuckle where he proceeds to set up Gambino in a Powerbomb position! The crowd is shocked, because it would mean he would Powerbomb Gambino off the turnbuckle and to the outside! Instead, Clifton leaps backward with a Backward Powerbomb through the table! The crowd is going ape**** as both men are knocked out of their skulls! Clifton manages to roll over and make the pinfall! 1…2…3!

Winner: Brent Clifton

---------

Cole: What the hell! Brent Clifton just beat Nick Gambino after a sickening Powerbomb through the table!

Tazz: These guys have just proven how hardcore they can get and they have both earned a lot of respect from me, Cole!

Cole: I'm sure they've earned the respect of the fans as well, Tazz. Anyway, Ladies and Gentlemen, still coming up in our mainevent is the #1 Contender's Elimination Match to determine who will face the winner of tonight's title match at WrestleMania 21!

Tazz: C'mon Heidenreich!

Cole:

---------

LATINO BUDDIES!

[Rey Mysterio is sitting in the locker room thinking about his match when Eddie Guerrero walks in]

Guerrero: Holmes! What's happening!

Mysterio: Nothing much, Eddie. Just sitting here and thinking about my match with Kurt Angle.

Guerrero: I know how you feel, Esse. I remember when I faced Brock Lesnar at No Way Out for the WWE Championship…I had butterflies, Holmes! Lots and lots of butterflies! Just remember, Rey, once you win here tonight we'll meet up at WrestleMania 21!

[Rey Mysterio smiles and the two of them hug before Eddie leaves]

---------

Cole: There is a ton of respect between these two men, Tazz.

Tazz: I respect them as well, Cole. Both men have worked tremendously hard to get where they are today here on Smackdown.

Cole: Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up next is a match between Shannon Moore and Rene Dupree!

Tazz: I'll admit. I'm somewhat of a French Sympathizer, but I also like rooting for the underdog.

---------

SINGLES MATCH

SHANNON MOORE vs. RENE DUPREE

Shannon Moore comes down to a decent pop, while Dupree receives a few USA chants. The crowd seems to be dead for this match.

The match opens with both men grappling up. Dupree pushes Moore down, but Moore comes running back once again. Dupree grabs him and converts the momentum into a PowerSlam! Dupree picks up Moore and whips him into the turnbuckle. Moore hits hard as Dupree charges forward with a clothesline. Moore manages to jump onto the turnbuckle before rolling Dupree up for the pin!

Dupree manages to kick out, but Moore continues to work on Dupree with a Headlock. Dupree stands up and hits a Sidewalk Slam onto Moore before going for the pin. Moore kicks out, but Dupree picks him up and whips him into the turnbuckle once again. Dupree charges forward and Moore uses the same trick and rolls up Dupree once again! 1…2…3!

The crowd goes wild as Moore rolls to the outside and heads up the ramp as Dupree cannot believe he fell for the trick twice in a row! He tries arguing with the referee, but to no avail.

Winner: Shannon Moore

---------

Cole: Shannon Moore with the win over Rene Dupree! What an amazing trick from Shannon Moore!

Tazz: He used his smarts, I'll admit, and it got him the win.

Cole: What a night it has been so far and we've still got a long way to go, Folks!

---------

WHAT'S THE NEXT MATCH GONNA BE?

[shane McMahon is standing backstage in front of a giant screen.]

Shane: Ladies and Gentlemen, our next match is indeed for the WWE Tag Team Titles and it will be decided in a…TABLES MATCH!

[The crowd pops as McMahon laughs and leaves]

---------

Cole: A tables match! We haven't seen one of those for quite some time!

Tazz: The Dudleyz are shoo-ins for this match, Cole! I mean, who else knows wood better than them? Besides you, of course.

Cole: What's that supposed to mean?

Tazz: Nothing.

---------

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP | TABLES MATCH

THE DUDLEYZ vs. THE ODD DUO©

The Dudleyz come down to good heat from the crowd. The Odd Duo come down next to some good pops before getting into the ring and mouthing off with The Dudleyz. The referee sets apart the two teams and announces the rules: one team wins when both members of the opposite team have been put through tables.

All four men lock up and The Dudleyz have the power advantage, knocking Haas and Funaki down before putting the boots to them. Bubba kicks Funaki down and out of the ring, as D-Von sets up Haas in the corner. D-Von grabs Bubba and whips him into Haas, knocking the wind out of Charlie Haas.

Haas stumbles forward unable to breath, but the Dudleyz whip him across the rope in an attempt for the 3D, but Funaki pulls Haas to the outside. The champions talk on the outside before grabbing a table and sliding inside with it. No sooner than they enter, The Dudleyz go to work on them. D-Von knocks Funaki down with a Headbutt and places him onto the table. Bubba throws Haas over the top rope before going over to Funaki.

The Dudleyz argue over who should put Funaki through the table and end up doing rock-paper-scissors. D-Von wins and takes Funaki up with him to the top turnbuckle. The crowd starts a “Tables” chant as D-Von sets up Funaki in the Powerbomb position! Before he can execute the move, Funaki reverses it into a Hurricanrana, which sends D-Von through the table! D-Von is eliminated!

Bubba cannot believe that D-Von is eliminated, which allows Haas to slide in with another table from behind! The champions go to work on Bubba, hitting them with a series of technical moves before lifting him up for a Double Suplex…through the table! Crash! Bubba is eliminated!

Winners and STILL Tag Team Champions: The Odd Duo

---------

Cole: Charlie Haas and Funaki retain their tag team championship!

Tazz: I can't believe that The Dudleyz lost in their own match, Cole! I gotta admit, though, Funaki's Hurricanrana was awesome!

Cole: Well, three matches down and four remaining! Ladies and Gentlemen, this has been a spectacular night so far and it can only get better!

Tazz: That's for sure.

---------

INTERVIEW WITH ROB VAN DAM

[Rob Van Dam is standing backstage with Josh Matthews]

Matthews: Rob Van Dam, in just a few moments you're going to be going out there and facing Carlito Caribbean Cool in a…a…what match again?

RVD: A cage match, Josh. I'm going to face Carlito in a cage match and I am going to kick his ***!

Matthews: You're known for the high-flying action that you bring to the ring and…

RVD: That's right, Josh. I'm Rob Van Dam and nobody gets higher than R…V…D. That's why, tonight, I'm going to go out there and show all the fans why I should be the United States Champion!

[Rob Van Dam does his thumb taunt before leaving]

---------

Cole: What a match this is going to be! Rob Van Dam and Carlito Caribbean Cool inside of a steel cage for the United States Championship!

Tazz: Carlito is smart, Cole and I think he's gonna use the cage to his advantage!

Cole: Well, you can only win by escaping over the top or by escaping through the side door.

---------

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH | STEEL CAGE

ROB VAN DAM vs. CARLITO CARIBBEAN COOL©

Rob Van Dam comes down to a HUGE pop from the crowd. He climbs into the ring and does his fingers taunt on the turnbuckle. Carlito comes down next accompanied by Jesus Aguilera, as the crowd boos them. He climbs into the ring and shows off the title.

Both men open up the match with Carlito offering a handshake to Rob Van Dam. RVD goes to accept, but Carlito pulls him in and spits fruit in his face! The crowd boos as RVD stumbles backward allowing Carlito to gain the early advantage. Carlito punches RVD before whipping him into the ropes. Rob Van Dam comes back with a Spinning Wheel Kick to the face of Carlito.

Carlito gets back up and uses the ropes for support. Rob Van Dam charges forward, but Carlito ducks down and launches RVD into the cage! RVD manages to cling onto the cage before leaping off with a Missile Dropkick, which sends Carlito crashing away to the floor. Rob Van Dam starts climbing up the cage, but Carlito manages to climb back up. Carlito stands on the turnbuckle and wraps his arm around Rob Van Dam's head.

The crowd stands up, but RVD punches Carlito in the side before throwing back onto the ground. Rob Van Dam looks around at the crowd and leaps off the ropes with a Five Star Frog Splash! Carlito moves and RVD crashes besides him. Both men are down, but Carlito begins to crawl towards the cage door. He manages to get half out, but RVD gets up and starts pulling him back.

Jesus hands something to Carlito, who allows himself to be dragged back into the cage. The referee goes to tell Jesus to step back from the cage, allowing Carlito to turn around and spit apple in Rob Van Dam's face! Rob Van Dam stumbles backward again, as Carlito manages to stand up and head back towards the door!

Carlito manages to make it to the outside before Jesus helps him escape up the ramp with the United States Championship! Rob Van Dam is in the ring looking pissed as hell as he punches the cage in frustration.

Winner and STILL United States Champion: Carlito Caribbean Cool

---------

Cole: Carlito cheated again to beat Rob Van Dam! Someone should do something about this!

Tazz: You go out there and challenge Carlito, Cole! I'd love to see that match!

Cole: C'mon Tazz! The man blatantly cheated to retain his United States Championship!

---------

NUNZIO BALBOA?!

[Nunzio is seen walking backstage wearing a hooded robe similar to the ones that boxers wear.]

Nunzio: I'm gonna go out there and defend my Cruiserweight Championship!

[He throws punches in the air as the camera switches back to the announcers]

---------

Cole: Nunzio on the way to the ring for his Cruiserweight Match coming up next!

Tazz: Nunzio's in trouble here, Cole. He can lose the title whether or not he gets pinned!

Cole: That's correct, Tazz! Nunzio needs to be on the lookout for either Paul London or Chavo Guerrero, both who are looking to take his title!

---------

THE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE ON THE LINE IN A…

[shane McMahon appears on the titantron to a good pop]

McMahon: Smackdown's Cruiserweights are known for their speed and technical skills in the ring. Tonight, they're going to have to utilize both to make sure they're the last one standing!

[The crowd cheers]

McMahon: Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight the Cruiserweight Title is on the line in a Elimination Match!

---------

Cole: An elimination match! That means Nunzio can be eliminated first and still lose the title!

Tazz: Oh man this is gonna be good! Cruiserweight action that can be found only here on Smackdown!

Cole: You said it!

---------

CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH | ELIMINATION

CHAVO GUERRERO vs. PAUL LONDON vs. NUNZIO©

Chavo Guerrero comes down to a good pop as does London. Nunzio comes down last to a decent pop from the crowd. All three men shake hands the referee rings the bell.

All three men look around at each other unsure who to attack first. London and Chavo both looked at each other then attacked Nunzio who took the ground. Both men stomped down Nunzio before picking him up and whipping him into the ropes. Nunzio returned into a Clothesline which he sold rather well. London and Chavo picked up Nunzio once again and hit him with a Double Suplex as the crowd cheered. Chavo told London to go to the top rope and the two of them sorted out a plan.

London climbed to the top rope as Chavo picked up Nunzio. However, Chavo whipped Nunzio into the ropes, sending London crotch-first onto the turnbuckle! The crowd booed as Chavo laughed and jumped onto the second turnbuckle and set London up for a Superplex! Nunzio managed to sneak in underneath Chavo before nailing a HUGE STACKED POWERBOMB onto both Chavo and London! The crowd goes nuts for Nunzio who slowly covers Chavo Guerrero. 1…2…3! Chavo Guerrero is eliminated!

Nunzio cannot believe he eliminated someone and runs around the ring celebrating. He turns backs around and charges forward at London, who lifts Nunzio up and over the top rope! London looks around at the crowd before leaping over the top rope and onto Nunzio below!

Both men take their time getting back into the ring and London gets the first advantage. He whips Nunzio into the corner, but Nunzio hits an elbow before jumping onto the turnbuckle. London runs up and nails an Armdrag onto Nunzio sending him to the other side. Nunzio bounces back up and straight into a Dropsault from London!

Paul London looks around before climbing to the top rope. He pauses for a moment before nailing an awesome London Calling onto Nunzio! The referee makes the pin and 1…2…3! Nunzio is eliminated!

Afterwards, Nunzio and London shake each other's hands for a match well wrestled.

Winner and NEW Cruiserweight Champion: Paul London

---------

Cole: Paul London is our new Cruiserweight Champion! What must be going through his mind right now!

Tazz: He'll probably go home and celebrate, Cole! That's what I would do!

Cole: Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up next is the match for the WWE Championship! Kurt Angle will be defending his WWE Title against Rey Mysterio!

Tazz: I still don't believe Mysterio won the Battle Royal cleanly, Cole.

---------

WHAT MATCH WILL BE DETERMINE THIS?

[shane McMahon comes down to the ring to a lesser pop. He takes a microphone]

Shane: Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time for the WWE Championship Match! Now, we all know what magic is created when Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle get into the ring, but the added stipulation makes this all better!

[The crowd is chanting various matches]

Shane: So…this match is scheduled for…not one…but two falls! Introducing first…Rey Mysterio!

[Rey Mysterio comes down to a HUGE pop from the crowd. He is wearing awesome camouflage pants and mask.]

---------

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH | 2/3 FALLS

REY MYSTERIO vs. KURT ANGLE©

Kurt Angle walks down to good heel heat from the crowd. He climbs into the ring and shows off his WWE Championship before the referee rings the bell.

Both men stare each other down, thoughts running through their minds. The two superstars grapple in the middle of the ring, but Angle pushes Mysterio down. Mysterio runs back towards Angle, but slides underneath and nails a Dropkick which sends Angle to the 2nd Rope!

Mysterio calls for the 619, but Angle moves and motions to Mysterio that he isn't going to fall for the same trick over and over. Angle goes to knock Mysterio off the apron, but Mysterio headbutts Angle in the stomach before hitting a Springboard Hurricanrana! The crowd pops as Angle is dazed from the impact. Mysterio charges forward and goes for a Springboard Crossbody, but Angle catches him and hits a Belly to Belly Suplex!

Mysterio crashes in the corner, holding his head in pain as Angle cockily taunts the audience. He drags Mysterio into the middle before going for the pin. Mysterio manages to kick out at 2, which gets the crowd going again. Angle picks up Mysterio and whips him hard into the turnbuckle. Mysterio hits hard and hangs there for a moment as Angle charges forward. Mysterio slides off to the outside, causing Angle to crash into the turnbuckle.

Mysterio is adjusting his mask on the outside as Angle attacks him from behind. Kurt Angle goes for a Backdrop, but Mysterio reverses it into a Facebuster on the outside! Angle rolls around in pain as Mysterio climbs onto the apron. He waits for Angle to stand up before leaping off for another Hurricanrana! Angle reverses this one as he catches Mysterio and tosses him onto the floor. The crowd boos as Angle picks up Mysterio and drops him onto the barricade. Angle stomps on Mysterio before rolling him into the ring and stalking him. Mysterio gets onto his feet and is lifted up for an Angle Slam! Mysterio managed to reverse it into a modified Sunset-Flip Pin and gets the 1…2…3! FIRST FALL: REY MYSTERIO

Angle cannot believe it as he grabs Mysterio into a headlock. He holds it for a minute or two before Mysterio pushes him into the ropes. Angle comes back with a Shoulderblock before locking on the Headlock once again. Mysterio struggles to stand up and manages to before elbowing Angle in the stomach. Mysterio pushes Angle into the ropes and hits him with an Armdrag on the return!

Angle hits Mysterio with an Armdrag of his own and the sequence continues before Angle locks in an Armbar from an Armdrag. Angle struggles to hold Mysterio in place, so he whips him across the ropes. Mysterio bounces off the second rope and hits a Springboard Takedown onto Angle. 1…2…No!

Mysterio bounces off the ropes again, but Angle lifts him up and drops him with a Drop Toe Hold! Mysterio is in the 619 position! Angle imitates Mysterio's 619 Call, before grabbing the ankle and locking on the Angle Lock! Mysterio is struggling, but Angle pulls him away from the rope and forces Mysterio to tap out! SECOND FALL: KURT ANGLE

Angle picks up Mysterio and whips him into the ropes before slipping behind him and locking on another Angle Lock! Mysterio manages to reach the ropes this time, forcing Angle to release. Kurt Angle stands back as Mysterio stumbles around on his injured leg. Angle rolls from behind and knocks Mysterio off his feet. The crowd is booing as Mysterio is clutching his leg in pain, while Angle drags him over to the turnbuckle.

Kurt Angle hops outside before wrapping Mysterio's leg around the steel post. He slams it against the post a few times before sliding back in. He whips Mysterio across, but Mysterio returns with a Head-Scissors Takedown! Angle bounces around the ring before landing on the 2nd Rope! Mysterio runs off the ropes and hits the 619! The crowd is going wild as Mysterio waits for Angle to stand up before bouncing off the top rope…and trips! Mysterio's leg gives out and he falls onto Angle who catches him with an Angle Slam! 1…2…3! THIRD FALL: KURT ANGLE

Winner and STILL WWE Champion: Kurt Angle

---------

Cole: Kurt Angle retains his WWE Championship! I guess Rey Mysterio's leg couldn't handle the pressure!

Tazz: I'll give him credit for lasting that long, Cole.

Cole: Well, you know what this means, Ladies and Gentlemen! It's time to determine the #1 Contender for WrestleMania 21!

Tazz: Bring it on!

---------

AND THE MAINEVENT WILL BE…

[shane McMahon is standing backstage]

Shane: It's now time to decide who will be the #1 Contender for WrestleMania 21! The fans have voted…and the match to decide the #1 Contender will be a…Ring of Wire match!

[The crowd pops HUGE]

Shane: So while the referees set up the ring for this brutal experiment, let me explain the rules. You can be eliminated via pinfall, submission, or knock out! The ropes will be covered with barbed wire and everything is legal! Enjoy!

[The camera goes back to the ring where the ring has been set up, except for a small portion]

---------

Cole: Here we go!

Tazz: Blood and more blood!

#1 CONTENDER'S MATCH | RING OF WIRE MATCH

EDDIE GUERRERO vs. HEIDENREICH vs. THE UNDERTAKER vs. JOHN CENA vs. JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD vs. BOOKER T

The faces come down to respective pops and the heels come down to good heat from the crowd. Once all men are in the ring, the referees proceed to place barbed wire on the small portion that was previously open.

Spots

- Eddie Guerrero was crotched on the turnbuckle and fell onto the barbed wire rope, cutting him open on the arm.

- The Undertaker did Old School from top of the barbed wire.

- John Cena bled the most after taking tons of damage from the barbed wire.

- JBL managed to nail all five men with a Clothesline from Hell.

Order of Elimination

- Heidenreich: The Undertaker hit him with a Chokeslam for the pinfall.

- JBL: John Cena planted him with an F-U for the win.

- The Undertaker: Booker T and Eddie both rolled him up from behind for the double pin.

- Eddie Guerrero: John Cena caught him from a Frog Splash and nailed the F-U onto a steel chair for the pin.

- John Cena: John Cena tried to grab another chair from the outside, but Randy Orton ran in and nailed him with an RKO onto the steel chair, allowing Booker T to follow up with a Scissors Kick and the win.

Winner: Booker T

Booker T celebrated on the turnbuckle afterwards as the crowd cheers him on.

---------

Cole: Booker T has done it! Booker T is going to Wrestlemania 21 to face Kurt Angle for the WWE Championship!

Tazz: He deserves it, Cole! He survived all the other men inside that Ring of Wire! Go Bookman!

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen, what a night it has been, but make sure to join us tomorrow night for Smackdown!

[The camera fades to black]

---------

OOC: Bam! Smackdown's next then No Way Out!

Smackdown Preview | February 17, 2005

Smackdown is just 24 hours removed from Wired Wednesday, which was incredible! With WrestleMania 21 just around the corner, it can be guaranteed that the Smackdown superstars are looking to secure their position on the biggest stage of them all, WrestleMania 21!

Paul London defeated Nunzio and Chavo Guerrero in a Triple Threat Elimination Match last night, which was his first title singles title win since joining Smackdown! Nunzio has requested his rematch clause and is challenging London for the Cruiserweight Championship here tonight on Smackdown! Will London be able to hold onto his newly won gold or will the Italian Avenger win back his title?

Randy Orton appeared last night at Wired Wednesday to help eliminate John Cena from the #1 Contender's Match! Tonight, Orton will be on Smackdown to explain why he did what he did. Cena will be the building as well and is sure to be on the hunt for the Legend Killer!

Booker T outlasted five other men to become the #1 Contender for Kurt Angle's WWE Championship at WrestleMania 21! The Bookman has tasted the mainevent once at WrestleMania 19 and knows that it helps to have momentum towards the show! Tonight, he will go one on one with Mark Jindrak! Kurt Angle is sure to be watching this one, but will he get involved?

Confirmed Matches

Paul London© vs. Nunzio - Cruiserweight Championship Match

Booker T vs. Mark Jindrak

WWE SMACKDOWN

FEBRUARY 17, 2005

[The opening package features highlights from last night's Wired Wednesday]

------

Cole: Welcome to Smackdown, Ladies and Gentlemen! We're fresh from Wired Wednesday and we're on the road to WrestleMania 21!

Tazz: What a night that's gonna be, Cole! We've already got Booker T challenging Kurt Angle for the WWE Championship!

Cole: Booker T did indeed win the brutal Ring of Wire match last night at Wired Wednesday, earning him a title shot at WrestleMania 21!

Tazz: I still think John Cena should've won, but that damn Randy Orton interfered and cost him the match!

Cole: Speaking of Randy Orton, he will be here on Smackdown tonight to explain his actions from last night!

------

THE LEGEND KILLER ARRIVES

[The camera cuts backstage where see Randy Orton stepping out of a limo. He starts walking backstage as all the Smackdown superstars look at him and murmur to themselves.]

------

Cole: He's here! He's here!

Tazz: No need to cream yourself, Cole. He's a lousy wrestler. I don't know why these fans like him so much.

Cole: He's an upcoming superstar, Tazz! Anyway, coming up next is Paul London defending his Cruiserweight Title against Nunzio!

------

CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

NUNZIO vs. PAUL LONDON©

This was an awesome opener with tons of reversal sequences which got the crowd into the show. Nunzio had a few close-falls which made it seem like he was going to get back his title, but London finished off the match after nailing the Dropsault followed with a London Calling.

Winner and STILL Cruiserweight Champion: Paul London

------

Cole: Paul London defends his Cruiserweight Championship!

Tazz: I wonder where Nunzio goes from here, Cole.

Cole: He'll go wherever the road takes him. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are on the road to WrestleMania 21 and still coming up tonight is Randy Orton's explanation as to why he attacked John Cena last night!

------

YOU'RE GONNA DEFEND THE TITLE AT WRESTLEMANIA 21!

[Carlito Cool and Jesus are standing backstage laughing and talking, when Theodore Long walks up to them]

Long: Carlito! Last night at Wired Wednesday, you cheated to keep that United States Championship! You know that is?

Cool: It was…cool?

Long: No! It was disgraceful! I've had it up to here and there is only way to stop this cheating problem!

Cool:

Long: You're going to be defending the United States Championship against Rob Van Dam at WrestleMania 21!

Carlito: I'll beat Rob Van Dam again? That's cool.

Long: AND the second United States Champion…The Big Show!

[Carlito spits his apple out in shock]

Cool: That's not cool! I will defend against Rob Van Dam, but not The Big Show!

Long: You'll defend against both men and tonight, Jesus over here is going to go one on one with The Big Show….up next!

[Long leaves as Carlito shakes his head in frustration]

------

Cole: The United States Championship is going to be on the line at WrestleMania 21!

Tazz: Why does Theodore Long have to force Carlito to defend against both Rob Van Dam and The Big Show! We know he can beat Rob Van Dam!

Cole: Both times he cheated as well!

Tazz: What's in the past…leave it in the past, Cole.

Cole: Well, the future of Jesus doesn't look to bright, Tazz! He has to face The Big Show!

------

SINGLES MATCH

JESUS AGUILA vs. THE BIG SHOW

This was a mere squash match with Jesus getting in a few elbows to the stomach of The Big Show. Show hit all his usual moves including the slap to the chest and picked up the win after hitting a Legdrop onto Jesus.

Afterwards, Carlito came running down and received a Chokeslam for his efforts!

Winner: The Big Show

------

Cole: The Big Show making short work of Jesus and Carlito!

Tazz: You should've stayed inside Carlito!

Cole: I think he should've as well, Tazz. The Big Show is not one to mess with!

------

I WANT A PIECE OF ORTON TONIGHT!

[John Cena bursts into Theodore Long's office looking pissed]

Cena: What the hell is Randy Orton doing here on Smackdown?

Long: He's here to explain why he attacked you last night!

Cena: Is that so? Well, I don't settle disputes with explanations! I settle disputes in the ring! Me and Orton tonight here on Smackdown!

Long: You seem to be misunderstanding me, Cena. Randy Orton does not lie under Smackdown's contracts, therefore I cannot order him to participate in a match tonight!

Cena: Yeah? Is that so?

Long: And what's more is that if you even think about interrupting him…you will be suspended until I can think of a better punishment!

[Cena chuckles and leaves the room]

------

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen, still to come tonight is Randy Orton's explanation for his actions last night at Wired Wednesday!

Tazz: I hope Cena creams him!

Cole: If he does, he will be suspended. Anyway, Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up next is a tag team matchup with Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio taking on The Dudleyz!

------

TAG TEAM MATCH

LATINO HEAT vs. THE DUDLEYZ

This was a standard tag match with Latino Heat carrying the Dudleyz to one of their better matches. The crowd was entertained with both Eddie Guerrero's cheating attempts as well as Mysterio's unorthodox antics. The ending came when Rey Mysterio nailed D-Von with the 619 followed up with a Frog Splash from Eddie Guerrero for the 1…2…3!

Afterwards, The Basham Brothers came down to good heat and started beating down on The Dudleyz! The crowd began to rally behind The Dudleyz, but to no avail. The Bashams did their damage and left the ring to even bigger heat.

Winners: Latino Heat

------

Cole: What the hell are The Bashams doing here! We haven't seen them for quite a while!

Tazz: The Bashams or The Dudleyz? I can't decide who to cheer for!

Cole: Neither of them! Both are despicable teams!

------

TAKE HIM OUT JINDRAK!

[Kurt Angle, Luther Raines, and Mark Jindrak are all standing backstage]

Angle: I gotta face Booker T at WrestleMania and that's gonna be tough, but I know one thing that will make it helluva lot easier!

Raines: We capture him and chop him up into bits!

[Angle and Jindrak just look at him confused]

Raines: Just asking…

Angle: If he isn't at 100%! That Ring of Wire match took a lot out of him last night and tonight…tonight Jindrak is going to finish the job!

Jindrak: Kurt, when I'm done with Booker T…he won't even be able to stand up to face you at WrestleMania 21!

[Angle laughs and pats Jindrak on the back before they all leave]

------

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen, Jindrak and Booker T coming up next!

Tazz: Go Jindrak! Go Jindrak!

Cole: You're too much Tazz…

------

SINGLES MATCH

MARK JINDRAK vs. BOOKER T

This was a decent match between the two. Booker T sold his injuries rather well which made it more believable. Jindrak had a few good power moves which almost got him the pin, but he couldn't pull it off. Luther Raines tried interfering, but Booker T kicked him in the stomach and hit both Raines and Jindrak with a Scissors' Kick at the same time! The referee counted and Booker T picked up the 1…2…3!

Winner: Booker T

------

Cole: Booker T wins! Booker T wins!

Tazz: Yeah, we got it already Cole! Relax.

Cole:

------

JOHN CENA BACKSTAGE

[We see John Cena sitting backstage in front of a television waiting for Randy Orton to appear]

------

Cole: John Cena seems eager to hear what Randy Orton has to say.

Tazz: I just want him to come out here and give Orton the F-U!

------

RANDY'S SPEECH

[Randy Orton comes down to a mixed reaction. Half the fans are cheering him while the other half is chanting “Smackdown” or “Go Back Home.” He climbs into the ring and takes a microphone]

Orton: Wow! It sure is different standing here in a Smackdown ring. That's not why I'm here, though. I'm here to explain to all the fans why I attacked John Cena last night at Wired Wednesday and why I helped eliminate him from the match!

[The crowd is mixed]

Orton: This all dates back to our debut. I mean, we both began around the same time and we both rose through the ranks are the same speed. Well, I've been hearing all this talk about us being the future of this business and…quite frankly, I couldn't agree more.

[The crowd is mixed once again]

Orton: Well, to me there can only be one future. One man who can carry this business on his shoulders without tiring out. I don't think John Cena is that man! I think Randy Orton is that man! But…wait a minute…I understand that words don't mean anything and I understand that this business is based around the actions in the ring. That's why…

[He's interrupted when “Basic Thuganomics” hits and John Cena comes down to a mixed reaction. He gets into the ring and takes a microphone. The crowd goes nuts as both men stare each other down in the middle of the ring]

Cena: Cut this crap, Orton. I want to know why you took me out last night and took away my chance at the WWE Championship!

Orton: I was just getting there, John. You see, having the WWE Championship now might be a good idea, but what happens when you realize you aren't able to give that belt prestige?

Cena: What the hell are you talking about, Randy? I am the prestige!

Orton: John, John, John. You don't get it, do you? I want to prove to the fans who is the real future and prestige of this business! I want to prove that I am the future and the prestige of this business! I want…I want to face you at WrestleMania 21…one on one!

[The crowd goes nuts as Cena chuckles. Orton extends his hand out for handshake]

Cena: You and me? You want John Cena and Randy Orton to face each other in front of all these fans at WrestleMania 21?

[Orton nods his head. Cena drops the microphone and looks around at the all the people who are in the audience. He accepts, but then pulls Orton onto his shoulders! He goes for the F-U, but Orton leaps off and goes for the RKO! Cena pushes Orton away before escaping underneath the ropes!]

------

Cole: We're going to see Randy Orton versus John Cena at WrestleMania 21!

Tazz: It's the future of Smackdown versus the future of Raw! This is going to be off the chain!

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen, make sure to tune in next week for another exciting night of Smackdown!

------

OOC: Feedback/Thoughts/Suggestions welcome as always! I'll post the No Way Out card a little later in the evening.

WWE RAW PRESENTS: NO WAY OUT

FEBRUARY 20, 2005

[The opening package highlights the events leading up to the show followed with a promo for WrestleMania 21. The camera pans throughout the crowd before cutting to the announcers' table.]

-----------

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to No Way Out and we are LIVE here on PPV! Thanks for joining us tonight as we've got quite a show lined up here tonight!

King: You can say that again, JR! We've got a Triple Threat for the World Heavyweight Championship! I hope Chris Benoit makes Jericho tap in the middle of the ring!

JR: We've also got quite a few other blockbuster matches with Kane versus Edge as well as Orton versus Triple H!

King: And with Randy Orton making an appearance on Smackdown this past Thursday, we can only wonder what John Cena is thinking as he watches this match!

JR: What makes you think Cena is watching this show?

King: C'mon JR! Everyone who is someone is watching No Way Out! Now be quiet JR! Here comes Viscera!

-----------

SINGLES MATCH

VISCERA vs. SHELTON BENJAMIN

[intros] - Viscera comes down to decent heat from the crowd. There are a few “Big Vis” signs in the audience. Shelton Benjamin comes down to a huge pop from the crowd. He seems rather intimidated, which isn't a surprise.

The match starts off with Benjamin charging forward for a clothesline, but falling backward. Viscera encourages him to keep on going, but Benjamin continues failing. Benjamin tries one more time, but Viscera catches him and slams him down with a hard PowerSlam. He goes for the pin, but gets a mere two count. Viscera picks up Benjamin and whips him into the turnbuckle, but Benjamin jumps on top and leaps off with a Flying Crossbody! Viscera catches him and tries to slam him into the turnbuckle! Benjamin slides off and pushes Viscera face first into the turnbuckle! Viscera stumbles out as Benjamin attempts to go for a T-Bone Suplex, but he's unable to pick up Viscera! Viscera elbows Benjamin in the head before whipping him into the ropes.

Benjamin bounces back into a Samoan Drop from Viscera! 1…2…No! Benjamin manages to kick out at the last second. The crowd is getting behind Benjamin as Viscera picks him up and whips him into the ropes, but Benjamin jumps over Viscera, before spinning him around going for a Superkick! Viscera catches him foot, but Benjamin shakes his fingers and nails the Dragon Whip! Viscera stumbles backward into the turnbuckle, allowing Benjamin to jump up and hit a Turnbuckle Splash! Viscera stumbles back out as Benjamin climbs to the top turnbuckle and nails a Flying Crossbody onto Viscera! 1…2…3!

Winner: Shelton Benjamin

-----------

JR: Shelton Benjamin has defeated Viscera! Shelton Benjamin has defeated the monster!

King: I'm shocked JR! He found a way to beat Viscera without picking him up! That's not something a lot of superstars can do! I'm impressed!

JR: Wait a minute! What the hell is happening!

-----------

CHALLENGE FOR WRESTLEMANIA 21!

[shelton Benjamin is celebrating in the ring when Matt Hardy slides into the ring and offers his hand to Benjamin. The crowd is cheering them on, until Matt Hardy kicks Benjamin in stomach before nailing him with a Twist of Fate! Matt Hardy grabs a microphone.]

Hardy: Shelton Benjamin! You're deemed one of the upcoming superstars of 2005 and I see one problem with that! Your name isn't Matt Hardy! You don't deserve all this! You don't deserve all this praise that these idiots in the audience are giving!

[The crowd boos him]

Hardy: That's why, I'm issuing a little challenge at WrestleMania 21! Not just a normal one on one match, but a tag team match! I have a feeling that this match might go down as one of the greatest tag team matches of all time! It'll go down as a match in which Matt Hardy beat the hell out of Shelton Benjamin!

[The crowd is booing him like hell]

Hardy: You and a partner of your choice versus me and a partner of my choice! How does that sound? Oh, here let me help you up!

[Matt Hardy helps Benjamin up before nailing him with another Twist of Fate!]

Hardy: I'll take that as an “I accept.”

[Hardy starts to leave, but turns back around]

Hardy: Oh and good job on beating this pile of crap Viscera. It's nothing I couldn't do.

[He drops the mic and leaves as the crowd boos him]

-----------

JR: What in the hell just happened here?

King: It looks like Matt Hardy just challenged Shelton Benjamin to a tag team match at WrestleMania 21!

JR: I wonder who Matt Hardy and Shelton Benjamin are gonna choose as their partners!

King: If I was Matt Hardy, I'd choose Viscera! He would've won if Benjamin hadn't cheated like that!

JR: I'll ignore that King. Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up tonight the Intercontinental Championship will be on the line in a Triple Threat Match!

King: Don't forget about the World Heavyweight Championship which will also be decided in a Triple Threat Match!

-----------

CAN THE HEART-BREAK KID DO IT?

[shawn Michaels is seen sitting backstage when Chris Jericho walks in]

Jericho: Shawn Michaels! The Heart Break Kid! What's happening?

HBK: I don't know Chris. I just don't know.

Jericho: You seem kind of dull, Shawn! Lighten up! C'mon! You're facing Chris Jericho in a Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship! How can you not be happy?!

HBK: I don't know. I mean, when you think about all the things that I have done, it's amazing. I've held the World Heavyweight Championship, I've held the Intercontinental Championship and I've even held the Tag Team Championships!

Jericho: So what in the hell are you worrying about?!

HBK: Well, I've done all of these on my own merit! I've done all these because I am Shawn Michaels and I am the Heart Break Kid! There is one thing, however, that I didn't do by myself! I…

[Randy Orton walks into the room]

Orton: What's up Chris? Shawn?

Jericho: Just talking about our match tonight.

Orton: Yeah, well I heard Eric Bischoff is looking for you two and Chris Benoit.

Jericho: Alright, I'll see you later Randy. Good luck taking on Triple H tonight.

Orton: You too, man. Later, Shawn.

[shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho leave the room as Orton begins warming up.]

-----------

King: I wonder what Eric Bischoff wants with them, JR!

JR: Well, whatever he has in store, I'm sure it's important. Ladies and Gentlemen, the road to WrestleMania 21 continues and we're here with a match for the Intercontinental Championship!

King: Go Steven Richards! I think Viscera should've been in this match!

-----------

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH | TRIPLE THREAT

SHANE HELMS vs. VAL VENIS vs. STEVEN RICHARDS©

[intros] - Shane Helms came down to a decent pop as did Venis. Richards came down to a mixed reaction, but he taunted the crowd anyways.

The match begins with Helms and Venis both agreeing to take down Richards. Both of them whip Richards into the ropes before taking him down with a Double Armdrag. Richards bounces up and runs into a clothesline from the two challengers. Venis picks up Richards and whips him into the corner. Helms and Venis team up once again as Richards whips Helms into Richards! Richards moves, but Helms jumps onto the top turnbuckle.

Richards stumbles out into a Scoop Slam from Venis. Venis holds open Richards legs as Helms leaps off with a Legdrop to the crotch! The crowd pops as Richards rolls to the outside in pain. Venis goes to the ropes and trash talks to Richards, but Helms rolls him up from behind! 1…2…No! Venis kicks out and begins shouting at Helms, who acts innocent much to the crowd's pleasure.

Venis knocks Helms down with a punch to the head, before stomping him down into the corner. Venis picks up Helms and whips him into the opposite turnbuckle. Helms stumbles outward into a clothesline. Richards sneaks in through the back and tries to attack Venis, but is knocked back outside with a punch to the head. Venis turns his attention back towards Helms who is climbing to the top turnbuckle. Venis catches him and throws him to the ground before stomping him down again.

The crowd is beginning to get bored and is starting a “Boring” chant, but Richards slides into the ring with the Intercontinental Title! The referee snatches the title and goes to place it back outside, allowing Richards to nail Venis with a Lowblow! Venis falls to his knees as Richards stands there laughing.

The match starts heating up as Helms runs and leaps off of Venis' back and nails Richards with a Shining Wizard! Richards falls backward, knocked out cold as Helms scrambles to regain balance. Venis throws Helms to outside before dragging Richards into the middle and locking in the Venis Fly Trap! The referee slides back in just in time to see Richards tap!

Winner and NEW Intercontinental Champion: Val Venis

-----------

JR: We have a new Intercontinental Champion! Val Venis had made Steven Richards tap!

King: No! Why did Shane Helms have to hit that Shining Wizard! That ruined the entire plan!

JR: Well, you always need to watch your back in Triple Threat Matches, King.

King: Awww man!

-----------

THE LOSER WILL HAVE TO JOIN THE TEAM!

[Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, and Chris Benoit are all in Eric Bischoff's office]

Bischoff: All three of you are participating in a Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship! That means, there will be one winner and there will be one loser. There will also be one person who doesn't win or get pinned or submit.

[All three men grumble and look nervous]

Bischoff: Well, that one neutral person will be given a spot at WrestleMania 21!

[The three men look confused]

Bischoff: That's right! The neutral participant will be awarded the first spot on…Team Raw!

[The crowd cheers]

Bischoff: So…unless you want to risk not having a match at WrestleMania 21, I recommend you either win or you prevent yourself from being pinned or put into submission!

[bischoff smiles and leaves the room as the three participants look at each other]

-----------

JR: Mah Gawd! The neutral competitor will be a part of Team Raw at WrestleMania 21!

King: When you think about it, JR, all three of these men bring something to the table!

JR: That's true. Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up next is our match for the World Tag Team Titles!

King: Viva la Resistance!

-----------

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

LA RESISTANCE vs. TEAM ECW©

[intros] - La Resistance enters to quite a bit of USA! chants from the audience. Team ECW come down next to a good pop. JR notes that Rhyno does have a match later on tonight against Batista.

Tajiri and Rob Conway open up the match with Tajiri hitting some stiff kicks to the midsection of Conway. Tajiri tries whipping Conway into the ropes, but Conway whips Tajiri instead. Tajiri bounces over Conway's back and nails him with a kick to the back of the head! Tajiri picks up Conway and tries to whip him into the corner, but Conway reverses and sends Tajiri into his corner! Conway tags in Greiner, who kicks Tajiri in the stomach before distracting the referee and allowing Conway to choke out Tajiri with the rope!

The match gets settled back into the middle of the ring where Greiner goes for a Scoop Slam, but Tajiri slides off the back and pushes Greiner into the ropes. Greiner returns with a Shoulderblock, followed up with an Elbow Drop. Greiner picks up Tajiri and tags in Conway who applies an immediate Headlock. Tajiri tries pushing out, but Conway holds on for a few minutes.

La Resistance makes the tag once again as both members whip Tajiri into the ropes. Tajiri does a Handspring Elbow and knocks both members of La Resistance down! The crowd is clapping along as Tajiri struggles to make the tag to Rhyno. Closer…closer…and he tags! Rhyno bursts into the ring full of life and spring.

Rhyno knocks Conway down with a clothesline before taking Greiner down with a Spinebuster. He waits for Conway to stand up before nailing him with a Gore! Conway rolls to the outside clutching his stomach, as Rhyno prepares for Greiner to stand to his feet! Batista's music hits out of nowhere and Rhyno looks towards the ramp, allowing Greiner to roll him up from behind! The referee doesn't see the hands on the rope! 1…2…3!

Afterwards, Batista is standing on top of the ramp laughing at Rhyno.

Winners and NEW Tag Team Champions: La Resistance

-----------

JR: What the hell is Batista doing out here!? He has no business interfering in this tag team match!

King: He's scouting his competition for later, tonight JR!

JR: I hope Rhyno beats him once and for all, King! Anyway, Ladies and Gentlemen, coming up next is Edge taking on Kane!

King: Edge better win if he wants some momentum going into WrestleMania!

-----------

WARMING UP BACKSTAGE

[We see Edge warming up backstage, looking intense]

-----------

JR: Edge seems prepared, King!

King: He does! He does! Go Edge!

-----------

SINGLES MATCH

KANE vs. EDGE

[intros] - Kane comes down to a huge pop from the crowd. Edge comes down to good heel heat from the crowd.

The match opens up with Edge going to work almost immediately on Kane, punching and kicking him into the corner. He tries whipping Kane into the opposite turnbuckle, but Kane reverses it and sends Edge into the turnbuckle. Kane charges forward into a boot from Edge, who follows up with a quick Bulldog onto Kane. Kane stumbles back up, but Edge tackles his leg from behind. Edge attempts to lock on the Edgecator, which gets a nice pop from the crowd.

Kane escapes the hold before rolling to the outside of the ring. He grabs the steel steps before throwing them into the ring. He ducks a clothesline from Edge and grabs his throat! Edge escapes the Chokeslam and goes for a Edgecution, but Kane reverses that into a Backdrop. Kane picks up Edge and drops him straight onto the steel steps! The referee calls for the DQ!

Winner: Edge

-----------

JR: What has Kane done?! Look at this crowd showing their displeasure at the outcome of this match!

King: Look at Kane! Look at that sadistic glimpse in his eyes!

JR: EMTs are coming out to assist Edge. Things don't look to well for him right now.

King: Edge! No! He has to go to WrestleMania JR! He won The Royal Rumble!

JR: Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, still to come tonight Triple H will be taking on Randy Orton in what might be their final encounter!

King: I hope Triple H pulverizes Orton to a pulp!

-----------

SINGLES MATCH

RHYNO vs. BATISTA

[intros] - Rhyno comes down first to a good pop from the crowd. Batista comes down to a mixed reaction from the crowd.

The match begins with both men staring each other down as the crowd is mixed on who to cheer for. Both men lock up, but neither can subdue the other. Both men lock up once again, but neither can gain the advantage. Both men bounce off the ropes and collide in the ring, but neither can take the other one down! Batista looks frustrated, but he bounces off the ropes again and tries to knock down Rhyno, but Rhyno refuses to budge. Batista charges forward once again, but knees Rhyno in the stomach. This is enough to send the Man-Beast down. Batista picks up Rhyno and whips him into the ropes before nailing him with a hard Spinebuster. 1…2…No! Batista picks up Rhyno again and knees him in the stomach before whipping him into the corner.

Batista charges forward into a boot from Rhyno. Rhyno runs forward and hits a Gore onto Batista! 1…2…No! Rhyno picks up Batista, who escapes and nails Rhyno with a hard Clothesline to the head. Batista picks up Rhyno again and lifts him up before dropping him back down with a Gorilla Press Slam! 1…2…No! Batista slowly picks up Rhyno before going for a Powerbomb! Rhyno throws Batista over his back before getting into the corner in preparation for another Gore!

Before he can run, Rhyno is tripped from the outside by Ric Flair who has appeared at ringside. Batista, in the meanwhile, has grabbed a chair from the outside and has slid it into the ring! The referee goes to shout at Ric Flair, while Batista waits for Rhyno to stand onto his feet. Batista swings the chair, but Rhyno ducks and nails Batista with a Spinebuster of his own! Batista, stunned, manages to crawl into the corner and props himself up.

Rhyno charges forward, but Batista moves causing Rhyno to slam his head into the steel post! Rhyno stumbles out as Batista goes for a Clothesline, but Rhyno falls down and Batista knocks the referee down instead! Flair climbs into the ring and sets up the Figure-Four, but Mick Foley's music hits and the crowd goes nuts!

Foley comes running down into the ring, but Flair picks up the chair and whacks Foley atop the head. Foley stumbles around, but feels empowered as he goes around the ringing taunting. Batista tries to attack him, but Foley ducks and nails Batista with a DDT. He turns to Flair before catching him with a Mandible Claw!

Flair and Foley leave the ring brawling around as the referee slowly recovers. Both Batista and Rhyno are on their feet now. Rhyno charges forward, but Batista kicks him and nails him with a Powerbomb! 1…2…3!

Winner: Batista

-----------

King: Batista's done it! Good job Batista!

JR: What about Mick Foley! Mick Foley making his return here tonight!

King: I hope he leaves Naitch alone! Mick Foley is a mad man!

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen, what a night it has been so far and what a night that is still ahead of us!

King: Triple H beating the living hell out of Randy Orton!

-----------

THE GAME IS READY!

[Triple H and Batista are walking backstage]

Batista: You are going to go out there and show Randy Orton what happens when he messes with Evolution!

HHH: That's right. Orton is going to wish he had never been born! I am going to tear him from limb to limb!

[Flair runs up to them looking nervous]

Flair: He's had a madman, I tell ya! He's a madman! Hide me!

[He looks around before running off. Triple H and Batista continue walking, as Foley can be seen in the background looking for Flair]

-----------

King: Here comes The Game! Stand up everyone!

JR: This match certainly is going to be a good one, King.

King: It's going to be the best match, because Triple H is going to win!

-----------

SINGLES MATCH

RANDY ORTON vs. TRIPLE H

[intros] - Randy Orton comes down to a mixed reaction, while Triple H gets a HUGE face pop. He gets into the ring and does his taunt as the crowd goes wild.

The opening minutes of the match sees a long staredown between the two men. Both men get into each others face and mouth off to each other before Orton slaps Triple H across the face! Triple H charges forward and punches Orton, forcing him into the corner. Triple H chokes him out as the referee tells him to leave Orton alone.

Triple H moves back before charging forward again with a hard Clothesline. Orton stumbles out of the corner as Triple H kicks him in the stomach and goes for a Pedigree! Orton backdrops Triple H before telling him to stand up back. Triple H gets onto his feet as Orton goes for an RKO! Triple H pushes him into the ropes and returns with a knee to the face. Triple H drops a few elbows onto Orton before picking him up and whipping him into the ropes. Orton ducks a clothesline and comes back with a clothesline of his own, knocking Triple H to the ground.

Triple H stands up as Orton charges forward. Triple H grabs Orton's head and throws him over the top rope to the outside! Orton crashes hard as the crowd boos Triple H. The Game goes outside and slams Orton's head into the steel steps and then into the barricade. Orton is stumbling around, as Triple H hits him with a Suplex on the outside! The referee is telling Triple H to get back into the ring.

Triple H rolls Orton back into the ring before climbing in himself. Orton lands two punches before Triple H knees him in the stomach and whips him into the turnbuckle. Triple H hits Orton with a knee before backing up. He charges forward again, but Orton gets a foot in the face of The Game. Orton runs forward, but Triple H slips behind him and locks on the Sleeper Hold!

Triple H holds the submission for quite some time, but Orton manages to fight out as the crowd cheers him on. Orton finally manages to reach the ropes forcing Triple H to let go. Triple H tries to grab Orton, but Orton hits Triple H with an Uppercut before hitting a Backbreaker. Triple H gets to his feet, as he holds his back in pain, but Orton knocks him back down with a Dropkick!

The crowd is behind Orton as he climbs to the top turnbuckle and waits for Triple H to stand up. Orton leaps off with an Axe-Handle attempt, but Triple H kicks him in the gut and goes for a Pedigree! He hits and makes the pin! 1…2…No! Orton kicks out as the crowd cheers. Triple H cannot believe it, but he gets back up and picks up Orton for another attempt!

Orton reverses the Pedigree and holds his arms up! The crowd starts an RKO chant as Triple H gets up, stumbling around…right into an RKO! Orton makes the cover and gets the 1…2…No! Triple H gets his shoulders up! Orton cannot believe that he didn't get the count! Both men struggle to stand back up, but Triple H knocks Orton down with a Chop. Triple H begins climbing the top turnbuckle, but Orton comes running up and begins punching Triple H in the head.

The two of them brawl around before Triple H hits Orton and grabs him in a Sleeper from atop the turnbuckle! Orton is struggling to maintain footing on the bottom turnbuckle as Triple H begins applying more and more pressure! Then, much to the crowds amazement, Orton gets a second wind and hits an RKO from the top turnbuckle! He makes the cover and gets a 1…2…3!

Winner: Randy Orton

-----------

JR: Mah Gawd! Randy Orton beat Triple H and he almost killed himself in the process!

King: No! Triple H!

JR: Randy Orton has defeated the one poison in his life! Triple H!

King: Oh man!

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen, what a night this has been so far! We've still got the World Heavyweight Championship on the line up next!

King: It's up to Benoit to make this a good show, JR!

-----------

THE MONSTER MEETS THE BEAST

[batista is walking backstage when he bumps into Kane. The two of them have a staredown before separating. Eric Bischoff arrives at the scene and looks at them as they walk separate ways. He looks up and smiles before he continues walking.]

-----------

JR: That was an odd moment, King.

King: Batista should've done something to Kane, JR!

JR: Well, right now we got to worry about the Triple Threat coming up right now!

-----------

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

CHRIS BENOIT vs. SHAWN MICHAELS vs. CHRIS JERICHO©

[intros] - Chris Benoit receives a mixed reaction. Shawn Michaels gets a HUGE pop as does Chris Jericho. All three men get in the ring and shake hands.

The match begins with both men going straight for Jericho. Shawn Michaels gets in a few punches, before Benoit throws him off and nails some punches of his own. This continues until Michaels pushes Benoit, who pushes Michaels back. The two of them continue pushing each other until Jericho walks over and hits Michaels with a hard chop to the chest. All three men begin chopping the hell out of one another as the crowd cheers on their favorite wrestlers.

Things starts changing up as Benoit knocks Michaels down with a chop before working on Jericho. Benoit whips Jericho into the turnbuckle before chopping him some more. Benoit whips Jericho into the ropes, and nails him with a Forearm to the Face. Benoit picks up Jericho and hits a Snap Suplex before locking on a headlock. Shawn Michaels breaks it up before whipping Benoit into the turnbuckle before chopping the hell out of him. Jericho comes over and the two of them begin chopping Benoit. Both of them whip him into the ropes before taking him down with a Double Dropkick. Benoit rolls to the outside as Jericho tries going after him.

Shawn Michaels grabs Jericho and throws him over the top rope! HBK taunts inside the ring as the crowd cheers him on. He looks to the outside before soaring to the outside with a Plancha onto Jericho and Benoit! All three men are down on the outside as the crowd is clapping their hands. Benoit is the first one to get up as he takes Jericho and throws him back into the ring.

Jericho stumbles around, but Benoit grabs him and attempts a German Suplex! Jericho reverses it and nails a German Suplex of his own! He does the Benoit taunt, but HBK jumps onto the apron. Jericho hits his trademark Springboard Dropkick which knocks Shawn Michaels back down to the outside. Jericho gets up and walks into the three German Suplexes from Benoit!

Benoit slides his thumb across his throat before climbing to the top rope! He signals and leaps off with the Flying Headbutt! He connects and makes the cover! 1…2…No! Jericho kicks out to a good pop from the crowd. Benoit picks up Jericho and whips him into the turnbuckle. Jericho gets a foot up and hits a Bulldog on Benoit! Jericho jumps off the ropes and hits a Lionsault on Benoit! 1…2…Benoit kicks out!

The crowd is getting really hot for the match, as Jericho picks up Benoit and whips him into the corner. Shawn Michaels is climbing into the ring as Jericho goes for another Bulldog, but Benoit reverses it into a Crossface! Jericho rolls out and ducks a Clothesline from Benoit as well as a Sweet Chin Music attempt from Shawn Michaels! The kick nails Benoit in the chin, sending him to the mat. Jericho spins HBK around and locks in the Walls of Jericho!

Michaels heads over to the ropes, but Jericho pulls him back in the middle forcing Michaels to tap! Jericho retains his title!

Winner and STILL World Heavyweight Champion: Chris Jericho

-----------

JR: Chris Jericho retains his World Heavyweight Championship!

King: No! Shawn! Why'd you have to knock out Chris Benoit?! You screwed me over!

JR:

King: First Bret, then me!

JR: Ladies and Gentlemen, what a night it has been tonight! We hope you'll join us tomorrow evening for Monday Night Raw!

[The show fades as Jericho stands on the top turnbuckle with his World Heavyweight Championship]

-----------

OOC: For some reason, I didn't enjoy writing this show compared to the other PPVs. I don't know how much that reflects on the show itself, but I'll let you guys judge for yourself. Well, next stop is WrestleMania 21!

Raw Preview | February 21, 2005

It's been 24hrs since No Way Out and the Raw superstars on the last stretch to WrestleMania 21! What exciting revelations are going to made? Which new fueds will spring from the ashes?

Chris Jericho defended his title against Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels after making Shawn Michaels tap to the Walls of Jericho! Now he must deal with the man he will face at WrestleMania 21...Edge! Tonight, Chris Jericho will go one on one with Chris Benoit...the man who was never pinned or never submitted last night! Will Jericho pull a win out of this one, or will the first member of Team RAW manage to pick up the victory?

Val Venis became the new Intercontinental Champion last night as he defeated Steven Richards in the middle of the ring. Tonight, he will face Matt Hardy in a non-title match, but it is sure to be a good one. Will the new champion walk out with a win or will the returning Matt Hardy roll away with a win?

Mick Foley appeared last night to foil Ric Flair's attempts at cheating. Tonight, he will be in the building and when these two men get together, sparks will burn! Will Foley have any part in Ric Flair's match tonight against Tajiri or will the Nature Boy make Tajiri tap out in the middle of the ring?

Confirmed Matches

Ric Flair vs. Tajiri

Matt Hardy vs. Val Venis

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho

WWE RAW

FEBRUARY 21, 2005

OPENING VIDEO // HIGHLIGHT SEGMENT

The opening video package highlights the events of last night. It ends with Chris Jericho standing tall over Shawn Michaels followed up with an image of the Edge versus Chris Jericho matchup coming up at WrestleMania 21.

----------------

“AT LEAST I CAN BEAT VAL VENIS!”

Matt Hardy is walking backstage in the hallway. He bumps into Shane Helms who looks upset over his loss last night over the Intercontinental Championship. Matt Hardy makes fun of how Helms didn't win the championship and how he couldn't beat Val Venis. He then goes on to say he will beat Val Venis. He then pushes Helms against the wall before walking off.

----------------

HIGHLIGHT VIDEO

Highlights from the Intercontinental Championship are shown before Jim Ross and The King remind us that we're on the road to WrestleMania 21 and that a tag match has already been made.

----------------

MATT HARDY vs. VAL VENIS

Matt Hardy defeated Val Venis in a good, but short match. Val Venis held his own and even managed to lock on the Venis Fly Trap. However, Matt Hardy reversed the move into a quick rollup and held onto the ropes for the pinfall victory.

----------------

“MICK FOLEY IS A MADMAN, BISCHOFF!”

Ric Flair is standing backstage with Evolution in Eric Bischoff's office. He's red as Bischoff stands there asking him what's wrong. Flair complains about Foley's actions last night at No Way Out. He calls Mick Foley a madman and that he should be kept off the air.

Bischoff tells Flair that Mick Foley will be in the building tonight, but he doesn't know when he will arrive. In the meantime, Flair should go get ready for his match tonight against Tajiri. Bischoff leaves the office as Evolution is backing up Flair.

----------------

MAVEN vs. BATISTA

Batista defeated Maven in a quick squash match which saw Maven get dominated by Batista. Maven was able to land a single dropkick, which got a small pop from the crowd, but Batista took over from there. After nailing two Clotheslines and a Spinebuster, Batista finished off the match with a Batista Bomb.

After the match, Batista hits another Batista Bomb for good measure.

----------------

BISCHOFF IS ATTACKED!

Eric Bischoff is walking backstage when he sees someone inside one of the rooms. He looks into the room and is pulled in. We cannot see who it is, but we hear Bischoff screaming and asking what's happening. We hear the door slam and Bischoff screaming on the inside.

----------------

GAME OVER, MAN!

Shelton Benjamin is warming up backstage when Triple H sees him. Triple H pushes him up against the wall and tells Benjamin that he is a nobody. Benjamin responds by asking Triple H why he lost to someone like Randy Orton. Triple H gets pissed and knocks down Benjamin. He then tells him that he will meet him in the ring.

----------------

RIC FLAIR vs. TAJIRI

Ric Flair defeated Tajiri in a decent match, which saw Tajiri dominate most of the match. The crowd was behind Tajiri, who managed to nail a significant amount of kicks to the head of the Nature Boy. The ending came after Flair caught one of Tajiri's kicks and tripped him before locking on the Figure Four Leglock, forcing Tajiri to tap.

After the match, the titantron lighted up with Bischoff in a dark room. Bischoff looks nervous as he addresses Flair's problems with Foley. He then says he cannot do it, but then sees something on the side and turns back to Flair. Bischoff then announces that at WrestleMania 21, we're going to see Ric Flair take on Mick Foley in a…Hardcore Match! Flair's face turns into one of horror as the crowd cheers.

----------------

“HE'S DEFINITELY LOST HIS SMILE”

Shawn Michaels comes down to a huge pop, but he doesn't look that pleased. He gets into the ring and takes a microphone before waiting for the crowd to settle down. Shawn Michaels then begins to talk about how he cannot take the pain and that he is unable to keep up with today's generation of wrestlers. He says that if last night's match took place a few years ago, he would've been the World Heavyweight Champion.

HBK proceeds to talk about how he's done it all, except for one thing. Before he can mention that “thing”, he's interrupted as Triple H comes down for his match. Triple H gets into the ring and talks about how Shawn Michaels is correct and that he should retire.

The crowd then boos as Triple H tells Shawn Michaels that The Game doesn't keep up with today's generation. He destroys them. He then tells Shawn Michaels to get the hell out of the ring…and Shawn Michaels does.

----------------

TRIPLE H vs. SHELTON BENJAMIN

Shelton Benjamin def. Triple H in an excellent match, which the crowd really got into. Triple H was surprised as Benjamin's resistance as he managed to kick out of quite a few power moves. Matt Hardy interfered, but Benjamin Superkicked him off the apron. Benjamin turned around and ducked a Clothesline before nailing a T-Bone Suplex for the win!

----------------

“THE MONSTER THAT I AM…”

Batista is standing backstage trash talking to some wrestlers about how he deserves the Intercontinental Title. The wrestlers look behind him and leave in haste. Batista wonders what's going on and decides to turn around. He comes face to face with Kane. Kane tells him that Batista is going for the Intercontinental Title, which a minor league title. He then tells Batista that he is going for the World Heavyweight Championship. Batista tells him that Kane will never win the World Heavyweight Championship, before walking off.

----------------

CHRIS JERICHO vs. CHRIS BENOIT w/ Ric Flair and Batista

Chris Jericho def. Chris Benoit in a good match, which ended in overbooking. The match itself had a few nearfalls, with a few good spots. The ending came after the referee was knocked to the outside after a brawl between both men. Ric Flair interfered with a steel chair, but Mick Foley appeared from the crowd and took out Flair. Batista tried getting into the match, but Kane appeared and the two men brawled around. Kane hit Batista with a Chokeslam.

Benoit tried attacking Kane, but Kane nailed him with a Chokeslam. Chris Jericho went for the Walls of Jericho, but Edge ran down and tried nailing a Spear on Jericho! Jericho moved and Edge sailed to the outside allowing the referee to slide in just in time to see Benoit tap.

----------------

OOC: Does this new format work? Should I go back to the other style of writing? WrestleMania 21 will still be written in full either way.

Smackdown Preview | February 24, 2005

The road to WrestleMania 21 continues as Theodore Long has announced a #1 Contender's Battle Royal to determine the #1 Contender to Paul London's Cruiserweight Championship! The winner will get the title shot at WrestleMania 21!

Kurt Angle will be defending his WWE Championship at WrestleMania 21 against Booker T, but tonight he will go one on one with Rey Mysterio. These two have always put on classic matches, but both men have something to lose...their momentum heading towards WrestleMania 21! Which man will prove himself to be the better man?

All this and more as the road to WrestleMania gets shorter and shorter!

Confirmed Matches

#1 Contender's Battle Royal feat. Funaki, Chavo Guerrero, Billy Kidman, Nunzio, Spike Dudley, Scotty 2 Hotty, Akio

Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE SMACKDOWN

FEBRUARY 24, 2005

WRESTLEMANIA 21 COMMERCIAL

The show opens up with an immediate promo for WrestleMania 21. The advertisement features The Undertaker, Paul London, and Spike Dudley in a parody of Lord of the Rings. The crowd laughs as the camera cuts to the announcers stand, where Tazz and Michael Cole introduce us and run through the announced card.

-----------------

#1 CONTENDER'S BATTLE ROYAL

This was a good choice for the opening match as it had fast-paced action and continued for quite some time. The crowd was split between cheering for Funaki and Chavo Guerrero, both of who remained for quite some time. Elimination #1: Scotty 2 Hotty after being dumped over by Billy Kidman and Spike Dudley. Elimination #2: Akio after being tossed up over by Funaki. Elimination #3: Funaki after Kidman and Chavo double teamed him with a Clothesline. Elimination #4: Nunzio who jumped over the rope himself after Chavo and Kidman surrounded him. Elimination #5: Both Kidman and Chavo ended up brawling over the top rope.

-----------------

ONLY ONE WAY TO DECIDE THE #1 CONTENDER!

Theodore Long walks onto the ramp with a microphone. He announces that he is prepared for a situation like this. The crowd chants “Triple Threat”, but Long announces that next week Kidman and Chavo are going to face each other to determine the #1 Contender. He walks off as Kidman and Chavo have a staredown.

-----------------

TALKING TRASH ON LATINO HEAT

Eddie Guerrero is walking backstage when he sees Booker T and Rey Mysterio speaking with one another. Eddie interrupts and asks what's going on. Booker T hesitates to tell Eddie, but then gives in. He tells Eddie that Chris Benoit was talking trash on Eddie Guerrero.

Eddie is surprised that his friend would speak of him like that, but Mysterio confirms Booker T's statements. Eddie shakes his head and walks off mumbling something about Wrestlemania 21.

-----------------

THE BASHAMS vs. THE ODD DUO | WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Bashams defeated The Odd Duo in a good match, even though the crowd was less than pleased to see Funaki twice in one night, due to his poor performance in the opening match. The Bashams worked on Funaki throughout the match, and ended up winning after pulling the old switcheroo on Funaki.

The Bashams celebrated their win in the ring, until The Dudleyz came down and ran them off. The crowd cheered as The Dudleyz celebrated in the ring.

-----------------

A PROPOSAL FOR WRESTLEMANIA 21

The camera shows Eddie Guerrero speaking with Theodore Long. The conversation finishes up and we hear Long telling Guerrero that he will think about. Eddie Guerrero then asks him for a match tonight and Long tells him that he will face Rene Dupree in a match up next!

-----------------

EDDIE GUERRERO vs. RENE DUPREE

Eddie Guerrero defeated Rene Dupree in a decent match. Dupree was allowed some offense, making him look credible. Guerrero seemed more intense than usual, hitting all his usual spots before finishing it up with a Frog Splash.

-----------------

THIS ISN'T COOL JESUS!

Carlito Cool and Jesus are walking backstage. Carlito is complaining about how he has to defend the title in a Triple Threat Match at WrestleMania 21. Both of them see Rob Van Dam walking in the background. Carlito smiles and tells Jesus that he has a plan. The camera fades as both men enter the locker room.

-----------------

NEXT MEMBER OF TEAM SMACKDOWN?

Theodore Long comes down to a good pop. He gets a microphone and asks that all the Divas in the back come down to the ring. The lot of them come down waving to the crowd and showing off their goods.

Long tells them that it is time to decide who the female participant will be on Team Smackdown. The crowd begins random chants, but Long tells them to settle down. The decision will be up to the fans and the Diva with the most pops will get the spot.

All the divas pose as the crowd cheers. Long announces that Torrie Wilson will be at WrestleMania 21 as a part of Team Smackdown!

-----------------

ARE YOU IN? HAAS IS IN // RVD IS AMBUSHED

Charlie Haas is in his locker room talking on his cell phone. He nods his head and tells the person on the other line that he will be there. He puts it down and leaves the room as Rob Van Dam enters. Rob Van Dam opens up his locker, but Jesus jumps out and knocks him down. Carlito appears from the side and the two of them put a beat down on RVD! Carlito spits his apple in the face of Rob Van Dam before leaving.

-----------------

BOOKER T and CHARLIE HAAS versus JOHN CENA and MARK JINDRAK

Booker T and Charlie Haas defeated John Cena and Mark Jindrak in a poor match, which could've been better. Haas was the redeeming factor here and he put up a good performance. The ending came when Jindrak nailed Haas with the Reflection of Perfection, but then realize he wasn't the legal man. It was too late as Booker T nailed Jindrak with the Bookend for the win.

-----------------

“RANDY AIN'T GOT NOTHING ON ME!”

John Cena grabs a microphone after Booker T and Haas leave the ring. He kicks Jindrak in the stomach and stomps him out of the ring. Cena proceeds to diss the crowd and tell them that he would've won if it hadn't been for Jindrak. The crowd boos as he tells them that at WrestleMania 21, he is going to destroy Randy Orton.

John Cena then cuts a small rap involving Orton being Evolution's bitch and that he is nothing without Evolution. He leaves as the crowd boos him on.

-----------------

KURT ANGLE versus REY MYSTERIO

Kurt Angle defeated Rey Mysterio in an awesome match. These two never cease to amaze and tonight was no different. Mysterio had a lot of counters as did Kurt Angle and the crowd ate it all up. The hot ending came when Mysterio nailed the 619, but when he went for the West Coast Pop, Angle reversed it into an Angle Slam attempt! Rey Mysterio furthered it into a Reverse DDT. Both men were down, but Mysterio attempted to go for a Springboard Crossbody, but Angle caught him midair and locked on the Angle Lock! Mysterio was forced to tap!

The show faded with the announcers hyping up WrestleMania and the match that just happened.

-----------------

OOC: Wow...I can get shows out a lot quicker with this format. I won't be over-posting shows, though.