Red Dwarf

Thomas

I can't decide wether I like or dislike the audio commentarys. They aren't informative or particularly entertaining, but for some reason they're funny. I don't understand it, but I've still watched them more than three times each so they must be doing something right.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, that's awesome. This is the first one that isn't a ship texture.

I wonder what the back is going to be. Since oin the first five, it's Lister painting the ship.

I saw that ages ago, I even told you about it :P

All the info and artwork for Series VI up on the site. On reddwarf.com you see a red drop down box at the top. Click on News Archive and then click on the story that's called Art Amundo.

I'd link if I could but I can't for some reason. That's been there since the 10th of December.

Anyway onto my question, so far the DVD spines look like this:

Series

1: Rimmer

2: Holly

3: Hilly

4. Kryten

5. Cat

6. Lister

Now on that Art Amundo story it pretty much tells us that Kochanski will be on series 7 but what I'm wondering is who will be on series 8? Perhaps Captain Hollister but I'm not sure. I thought maybe a scutter, since they've been a character since the very beginning.

Thoughts?

I wanted to put this quote in earlier, but I couldn't remember the exact transcript...it rules.

Holly: "Busy Dave?"

Lister: "Well yeah I am actually!"

Holly: "Oh then you wont want to know about the two supra-lightspeed fighters that are tracking us."

Lister: "What??"

Holly: "I'll leave you to your bubble blowing mate."

Lister: "No Holly - Hol, come on."

Holly: "They're from Earth."

Lister: "That's three million years away."

Holly: "They're from the Norweb Federation."

Lister: "What's that?"

Holly: "The North-Western Electricity Board. They want you Dave."

Lister: "Me...? Why, what for?"

Holly: "For your crimes against humanity."

Lister: "You what?"

Holly: "Seems when you left Earth three million years ago you left two half-eaten German sausages on a plate in your kitchen."

Lister: "Did I?"

Holly: "Do you know what happens to sausages left unattended for three million years?"

Lister: "Yeah they go mouldy."

Holly: "Your sausages Dave now cover seven-eights of the Earth's surface. Also you left £17.50 in your bank account. Thanks to compund interest you now own 98% of all the world's wealth. Because you've horded it for three million years, nobody's got any money except for you and Norweb."

Lister: "Why Norweb?"

Holly: "You left a light on in the bathroom. Got a final demand here for £180 billion.

Lister: "£180 billion??? You're kidding!"

Holly: "April Fool."

Lister: "...But it's not April."

Holly: "Yeah I know, but I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under my bonnet."

I think Captain Hollister would look ok on the DVD spine, plus since it's series 8 and he plays a big part in that series it kinda makes sense.

Anyone got any thourghts on the movie that is apparently being made. I think the latest update was they would start filming this January, but every time thay announce a date they put it back another 6 months.

I can remember series 7 fine - it's series 8 when it kind of blurs into nothingness for me.

In all honesty I think it was downhill from series 6. Series 7 had enough highly entertaining moments/good episodes to still be worthwhile, though it wasn't quite as good as its predecessor. Series 8...well, I remember it being kind of subpar. With a dinosaur. And several tired jokes concerning Captain Hollister. And the phrase "See ya in 10 minutes" repeated about seven times more than it should have been.

And that was just one episode.

Although I believe it also had Holly make a Tottenham Hotspurs quip in it somewhere, which almost makes it forgivable. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

Although I believe it also had Holly make a Tottenham Hotspurs quip in it somewhere, which almost makes it forgivable. :shifty:

"That's a load of Tottenham, that is. It's a steaming pile of Hotspur."

Red Dwarf rules, the last few series were crap though, it did start to lose it around Series 6/7. I still have both Smeg Up VHS tapes and they rule so much! Some classic quotes which I love:

Kryten - "They've taken Mr. Rimmer!"

Cat - "Quick lets get out of here before they bring him back!"

Rimmer - "I used to be in the Samaritans."

Lister - "I know. For one morning."

Rimmer - "I couldn't take any more."

Lister - "I don't blame you. You spoke to five people and they all committed suicide. I wouldn't mind, but one was a wrong number! He only phoned up for the cricket scores!"

Rimmer - " Broadcast on all frequencies and all known languages, including Welsh. "

I'm watching that episode at the moment. It rocks.

Kryten (On walkie talkie): Iron duke, Iron duke.... this is pawn sacrifice.

There were two absolutely hilarious moments in that episode for me. The first is Lister's aforementioned "Yeah, it's got a noose-y theme to it, yeah." talk with Cat ("If it's gallows, say it's gallows. I can take it....OH, GOD, IT'S GALLOWS, THEY'RE GONNA KILL US!!") and when Rimmer screams for Kryten after Lister and Cat are taken in by Elvis. Barrie's high-pitched shrill is just damned funny.