Red Dwarf

Thomas

Guest John Kerry's Evil Twin

I have the first 4 seasons on DVD. Unfortunately, I was only about 5 when it was showing in the States, so I'm going to have to wait for the next seasons to come out to see any more. I can't wait for the movie.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my all time best lucky find I ever found in the whole of today....

Red Dwarf: The Movie

That could very likely be AWESOME if it gets completed. According to the site it starts shooting this month. :)

It's been in the works for like, forever.

Just wish they'd get on with it.

I've watched the first 4 series since Christmas. I'm waiting for my brother to catch up before I start watching my series 5 dvd. Will have to make the extras last me til series 6 is released.

Wonder what we will see first, Red Dwarf The Movie or Duke Nukem Forever?

Definately the RD Movie. All that's really stopping the RD Movie is financial backing.

The thing stopping DNF is the fact that, well, the game would be the unadulterated spawn of Satan, and if there's a just and loving God, they wouldn't allow that kind of shit to go down.

I've been prompted to re-watch Meltdown from all the quotage in this thread. I think they missed the boat by not making Elvis a permanent character, although I guess the joke would have worn thin pretty quickly.

"Reach for the sky, let me see them understains."

"Got a burger? I haven't eaten in five minutes."

Just listening to some of the audio commentarys, and they mention that the killing of the curry monster was a tribute to Jaws, then Craig Charles says....

Craig: We've done all the classics haven't we. We did Cassablanca, we did Die Hard...

Now I know the Cassablanca tribute/rip-off, but what was the Die Hard one?

I wonder, if we lumped Red Dwarf episodes into one of two piles... 'Those episodes where a character meets a different version of him/herself, be it from the future, past, different dimension, or aspect of his personality' and those episodes that don't. Which would be the bigger pile?

Yeah, there are A LOT of episodes to do with time/dimensions and things that make the episodes quite similar. I've watched all 5 series now, awaiting the release of #6. Series 1 and 2 remain the best ones. Despite there being no Kryten.

Krytie TV is a classic, can't wait for that series just for that ep alone. "You've been krytered!"

A question to add: Just how many times have they used the "Now I realise that technically speaking that's only one flaw but I thought that it was such a big one that it was worth mentioning twice." bit with Kryten and the Cat? I think it's used twice in the Holoship episode (series 5) and once in an earlier episode that I can't remember.

It just doesn't seem to get old. I love it.

A question to add: Just how many times have they used the "Now I realise that technically speaking that's only one flaw but I thought that it was such a big one that it was worth mentioning twice." bit with Kryten and the Cat? I think it's used twice in the Holoship episode (series 5) and once in an earlier episode that I can't remember.

It just doesn't seem to get old. I love it.

I think he uses it a total of three times in Series 5, twice in Holoship and once in one of the later episodes. The first two being 'deflector shields' and 'laser cannons', and the other one being 'jet-flying rocket pants'...I'm not sure which one it was in, but I have a hunch that it was a suggested escape method from the Psi-moon in Terrorform.

EDIT - I was right. And I now present to you all three occurances:

1. (Holoship)

Cat: "What? Am I the only sane one here? Why don't we drop the defensive shields?!"

Kryten: "A superlative suggestion sir, with just two minor flaws. One, we don't have any defensive shields, and two, we don't have any defensive shields. Now I realise that technically speaking that's only one flaw, but I thought it was such a big one that it was worth mentioning twice."

Cat: "...Good point, well made."

2. (Holoship)

Cat: "Well I say let's break out the laser cannons and give 'em both barrels."

Kryten: "An adroit suggestion sir, with just two minor drawbacks..."

Cat: "OK, forget it!"

3. (Terrorform)

Cat: "Okay, I say let's get into the jet-powered rocket pants and junior birdman the hell out of here...!"

Kryten: "An excellent and inventive suggestion sir, with just two tiny drawbacks: A] we don't have any jet-powered rocket pants, and B] there's no such thing as jet-powered rocket pants outside the fictional serial 'Robbie Rocket Pants'."

Cat: "Well that's put a crimp on an otherwise damn fine plan."

Edited by stokeriño

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can remember series 7 fine - it's series 8 when it kind of blurs into nothingness for me.

In all honesty I think it was downhill from series 6. Series 7 had enough highly entertaining moments/good episodes to still be worthwhile, though it wasn't quite as good as its predecessor. Series 8...well, I remember it being kind of subpar. With a dinosaur. And several tired jokes concerning Captain Hollister. And the phrase "See ya in 10 minutes" repeated about seven times more than it should have been.

And that was just one episode.

Although I believe it also had Holly make a Tottenham Hotspurs quip in it somewhere, which almost makes it forgivable. :shifty:

• 3 weeks later...