Tutorial Trip Through TEW

naiwf

OKAY~!!!

What the hell?

Do you follow any Joshi Puroresu? BIKINI MATCHES???? RIPPING OFF CLOTHES??? SLUTS??? WTF???

Joshi Puroresu is simply, traditional wrestling, with a more hardcore style put to it (as of recent years, because of the mega slump). If you were to have these girls in Bikini matches and stuff like that, you would lose the fanbase once and for all, and destroy Joshi :(

Also, just going by the write-ups you wrote for the opening, with each of the promotions, either you have changed the stats considerably, or the stats you are using are just flat out wrong...

Inoki rarely books New Japan anymore, he is basically just a Public Figurehead. He may do the occasional show, but him consentrating on his Inoki shows doesn't mean New Japan will go in the whole.

Also New Japan is still the outright #1 Promotion in Japan, All Japan have more then one TV Show, as they have one on GAORA aswell... and there are many many many many many many many many many other problems...

Anyway... thats my rant... :)

No more bikini matches, and ripping off tops and other stuff please :) and I will read ;)

*EDIT* If you need to know moves, just ask, I know some of them, but not all. My guess is you are using Michiko's stats? They are really good, and because you are using that, you are using RaveX's Puro stats, which are just :(...

Momoe Nakanishi is retiring today (7th January) which is really sad :(. One of the best, if not the best, in Joshi Puroresu right now. Anyway, I think her Momoracchi is her Running Spinning High Kick :) I THINK... please don't quote me on that...

Edited by lukiep8

Lukie i dont think this is meant to be a 'true-to-life' portrayl of Joshi wrestling, as he has plans to hold shows in both the US and Japan, in order to 'dethrone the WWE', notice how many non-japanese workers are on the roster?

I know that, and it's fine if he does the Bikini and other crap in America, because thats what those fans would want to see, but you can't change the way a society would view stuff.

Eg. I can't do an angle with Yuji Nagata and Masahiro Chono, where Chono lights Nagata on fire and throws him off a giant Titan-tron... Fine if its in America, but in Japan, it would destroy both the mens careers, and because of how fake it is, New Japan would lose heaps of credibility...

I hope you understand my point...

Just to answer a few questions/address some complaints. . .

I don't really watch joshi, but I've seen a handful of matches on clickwrestle, and I've watched enough decent female workers to know that their skill level overseas is far superior to what North American females offer.

I know that a lot of people are bi-lingual, or could at least pass as far as a promo goes, but TEW doesn't recognize that unless you tick those boxes, as I learned a while ago when I had WWE workers try to cut promos in a show I did in Mexico. The ratings tanked, and I made sure not to make that mistake again.

WMF is not traditional joshi per se, and I've really tried to leave the "garbage" segments to the non-native workers as realistically that's what most of them have been conditioned to do. As kaya mentioned, the goal is to become a global company, and for the sake of argument while these shows aren't airing outside of Japan, we have to pretend they can be sold/traded elsewhere and we need to have enough there to keep horny American teenagers and their dads interested :pervert:

I know that the promotion stats on the Japan side are hideously out of whack, but ultimately it didn't really matter too much to me if the predominantly male companies were 100% correct as they are not my true competition. It's basically WMF vs WWE vs Joshi feds, and since I've already simmed three months, the "outside world" is shaping up nicely even though it's far from accurate to what's happening in today's wrestling scene.

Lastly, I know the Firebird Splash is a 450, but I think it has a better ring to it the long way, and will play into some of my quirky tag team finisher names. I may have one of the girls in the training camp start using the Uranage Rock Bottom since that sounds good as well :)

Edited by naiwf

WMF is not traditional joshi per se, and I've really tried to leave the "garbage" segments to the non-native workers as realistically that's what most of them have been conditioned to do. As kaya mentioned, the goal is to become a global company, and for the sake of argument while these shows aren't airing outside of Japan, we have to pretend they can be sold/traded elsewhere and we need to have enough there to keep horny American teenagers and their dads interested

LOL, thats a good explanation :)

But I am still not condoning it :P

Anyway, I like the style of write-ups, as it gets yourself into a groove...

You are also drawing an exceptionally high attendance aswell... <_<

What are your overness levels around Japan? (I know the only problem with Michiko's Joshi stats were that her overness levels were really high)

The MOMOracci is a running spinning high kick... Just to add. Also, I would stop with the bikini matches... it's just plain bad. Try to use Michiko's TEW stats, and everything will be much better on the stats side. I, in fact, am going in to create a COMPLETE puro update for both EWR AND TEW... Just thought I would add that in.

FEB/MAR 2005

Our contract with Samurai TV was set to expire on April 3rd, so we got in touch with the network towards the end of February to see if they would consider allowing us to extend WMFukouka to a 1 hour show, to which they politely declined saying that we weren't bringing in enough viewers to justify changing the length of the show. After that setback, we decided to see if they would at least re-up the show's contract for 6 months, and after about a week and or half or so, we finally got the good news! We now would not have to worry about our TV deal until September 30th, unless of course viewership went way down over the coming months which we simply did not expect to be a legitimate concern.

----------

February 16th, 2005

1. Fabi Apache att Mary Apache - 27% (3 min)

2. Yu Yamagata p. Angel Williams - 23.2/17.5/54.7 (7 min) no psychology

3. Mary Apache int - 50.7% (3 min)

MAIN EVENT - Korruption def. Apple Miyuki & Yuka Nakamura (Summer Rain p. Apple) - 40.3/3.7/66.4 (10 min)

5. The Bloody int - 47.8% (4 min)

Nagasaki - 37.8%, 570 attendance, 22,005 (+10155) viewers, Fukuoka overness 23.7%, WMF title 8.9, adara/val 15, cluster 45.8, momoe/ricci 11

This is erm... certainly different for you Naiwf. Though I do like the format - proof that you dont need big right ups so long as your big shows are of a decent quality. And a style I might knick if the game im trying to convert into a diary eventually gets tv shows. I miss your OAW (*sniffle*) but this is ok :)

• 2 weeks later...

Omukai carried Madison to a solid match, but the Aussie was not able to bring enough interest from the crowd to justify another shot at working with someone of Omukai's status for quite some time

Guest Korgath

naiwf does joshi? I never thought I'd see the day... but this is an exemplary diary to all aspirants of women-only feds. naiwf's style gets his diary over well and I look forward to the next match.

Oh, and Michiko Omukai rocks... but I guess you already know that. :P

I know it's been a while since I updated, but I am working on the next big monthly show. I'm just trying to get to WM in my WWF diary so I can finally kill that thread off. Having said that, look for the next WMF Action by the weekend as it shouldn't be too much more work. If anyone has suggestion on the layout or content please feel free to share since right now I'm not sure if it's too basic, or detailed enough without being overbearing considering most of us have no clue who 90% of these athletes are anyway. Thanks for reading.

Well, here's a bit of advice. When you're working with people almost no one knows about, feel free to get your creative grove on. If no one knew who Kane was, you could give him a Lumberjack gimmick and he could get over. It all depends on your writing style and how much you want to succeed.

If you ever need ideas, look me up. I can pull things like that out of my ass on command. :shifty:

Good luck with the rest of the diary!

• 9 months later...