Mortal Kombat 3?

ROC

This is the said plot summary from imdb:

After Liu Kang, Sonya, and Jax defeated the forces of Outworld and prevented its merger with Earth, Shang Tsung exacts his revenge by forming an alliance with the powerful sorcerer Quan Chi. Together, they open a portal to Earth in a bid for ultimate domination. Lord Rayden, now an elder god, becomes dismayed by this horrific turn of events and calls forth the warriors of Mortal Kombat once more. Discovering a loophole in the rules of the tournament, and needing every ounce of help he can get, Rayden summons forth the soul of deceased warrior Johnny Cage and resurrects him so that he may join his fellow fighters and send Shang Tsung and his allies back to hell once and for all.

Oh yeah, the tentative title of the movie is Morkat Kombat: Domination and most of the original cast from 1 is supposed to return.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the last one, the only thing that could get me to watch this one is if the original Sonya comes back. drool.gif The first was okay, but the second was a farce.

After the last one, the only thing that could get me to watch this one is if the original Sonya comes back. drool.gif  The first was okay, but the second was a farce.

Actually, I heard that they're trying to get Trish Stratus to play Sonja but it would be nice to see her back.

Thats a shitty plot. I got a much better one.

Barakka runs around some city ruining peoples shit. Slicing up old women and stabbing businessmen in the face, you know the usual.

This goes on for about ninety minutes or so, then Jax runs up and breaks barrakkas face with a massive bionic punch.

Fade to black, credits roll.

I'd pay my seven bucks to see that.

Well MK2 came out right when the fad was dying and the movie just suffered from Street Fighter levels of cheese. This might not be horrible since ya know, Quan Chi is the man and all. This early on you can't really say anything one way or the other.

The dude who played the original Johnny Cage has quit acting and is now a college professor. I only know that cause I used to watch Young Hercules (stop laughing) and he played King Jason, and whenever the show was cancelled after 2 or 3 seasons, he posted on the Young Hercules message board he was going to teach again. Wonder if they will reel him back in...

Oh and I hope that the hot chick from the first one comes back to play Sonya, too. The chic in te second one wasn't bad looking, but she paled in comparison to the chick in the first one.

Oh and I hope that the hot chick from the first one comes back to play Sonya, too.  The chic in te second one wasn't bad looking, but she paled in comparison to the chick in the first one.

It's Bridgette Wilson. It's funny how no one remembers her for that role.

As for a third film, didn't we say all we needed to say with the first one? I mean, good guys vs bad guys, good guys win in the end, Sonya is hot while Cage is a suckerpunching fuck, I get it.

It's Bridgette Wilson. It's funny how no one remembers her for that role.

As for a third film, didn't we say all we needed to say with the first one? I mean, good guys vs bad guys, good guys win in the end, Sonya is hot while Cage is a suckerpunching fuck, I get it.

Yes, but Hollywood demands sequels and thus it got one or in this case two. And Beatnik, at least we all remember Ms. Wilson as the teacher from Billy Madison.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Yes, but Hollywood demands sequels and thus it got one or in this case two. And Beatnik, at least we all remember Ms. Wilson as the teacher from Billy Madison.

Hollywood demands sequels, but the fact that Annhilation was a flop seemed enough reason to not make it a trilogy. As for Wilson, yes, we do know her from Billy Madison. Why? Because that movie was good.

Hollywood demands sequels, but the fact that Annhilation was a flop seemed enough reason to not make it a trilogy. As for Wilson, yes, we do know her from Billy Madison. Why? Because that movie was good.

Yes, it was.

Guest Pulp

MK1 was decent. Annihilation was horrendous. However, it wasn't even the worst movie based on a popular 90's 2D fighter. Street Fighter was HORRENDOUS. I saw it at like 3 o clock on TBS a year or so ago. Fucking awful.

1. I think we've all come to the conclusion that Annihilation did, in fact, suck the longest one available.

2. I will watch the third movie, if ever released, because of one thing: Christopher Lambert has openly stated he would like to do the role of Rayden again.

3. It was Quan Chi that beat people with the leg in MK4, not Shinnok. Numbahs, tsk tsk, I expected better from you :P