Pro Wrestling NEO-GEN

Blaze N Amaze

1. Iceman vs. Paul Johnson

Gotta show some love for the Inoki Dojo guys, plus it's nice to have some outsider participation.

2. Michael Robinson vs. Tony Zaretti

Robinson has really been put over on the shows as a small guy, while Zaretti is portrayed as a guy with absolutely no quit in him. I'll pick Zaretti here.

3. Dwight Douglas vs. Alvin Jones

Jones is the badass of NEO-GEN, no question. I think Douglas is going to return the job here and give Jones the win. Just a feeling I get.

4. Thomas Moore vs. Keiji Sasaki

I too am turning into a giant Sasaki mark. Go Sasaki!

5. Josh Harrington & X vs. Tito Gonzalez & Chuck Howard

I'm thinking Tito is going to take the win over X, whoever it may be. It's a good way to put Tito and Chuck over while protecting Harrington.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Experience edge and all.

This is the hardest for me to call. I'm going with Robinson, though. I don't know why. I think it's the fact that he's charismatic and stuff.

Alvin's representing Seattle, therefore he should win.

It looks like we might be seeing a Sasaki winning streak going on here.

I'm going to divert from the norm and go with Josh and his partner, who I'm guessing will be Rico Constantino.

This diary rocks. I love it.

- The outside from Inoki Dojo will pick up the win in what should be a clost contest.

- The hardest match for me to predict but I think Robinson's experience will allow him to pick up the W.

- Alvin Jones will pick up the win in what could be a spectacle of a match considering you have a big man versus a powerful fighter.

- I'm predicting Sasaki to be the ace of the MMA fighters, like Harrington is to the pure wrestlers. But unlike Harrington, Sasaki will keep his winning streak alive after the 3rd show.

- Harrington will suffer his first loss in NEO-GEN. I'm predicting X to be Rico Constantino as he is really the only guy I can see teaming with Harrington right now.

"Sin City Showdown"

Attendance: 32

Overall Card Grade: F (49%)

Review by: "The Bat"

Paul Johnson vs. Iceman - Time Limit: 15 Minutes

- The Inoki Dojo's Iceman made his NEO-GEN debut in a match against Paul Johnson. The obvious difference in rank was shown in this match as Johnson was on the receiving end of punishment for much of the match. Johnson consistently attempted to get the flash victory, but in the end he was forced to submit to Iceman's Double Neck Choke. Iceman looked good and seemed to fit the style that NEO-GEN is presenting and I hope they bring him back for more matches.

Winner: Iceman at 6:13 via submission (Double Neck Choke)

Workrate: D (65%) Heat: F (18%) Overall: F (41%)

Rico came out and once again thanked the fans. He introduced Keiji Sakoda, who was recently brought in to NEO-GEN and said that he will be Josh's partner in the Main Event, regardless if Josh likes it or not. Rico also had a briefcase with him and presented the brand new NFA Heavyweight title and said at Fighting Evolution, the first round would take place and that it would consist of: Tito Gonzalez, Chuck Howard, Alvin Jones, Keiji Sasaki, Dwight Douglas, Keiji Sakoda, Thomas Moore and Josh Harrington.

Promo Grade: F (47%)

Tony Zaretti vs. Michael Robinson - Time Limit: 20 Minutes

- This match features two of the young figthers in NEO-GEN. Robinson relied on speed to counter Zaretti's technique. The two showed plenty of fire with the junior looking for a quick submission. Yet, in this round Zaretti got the better of Robinson and trapped him in a crab hold to force the submission.

Winner: Tony Zaretti at 10:23 via submission (Crab Hold)

Workrate: C- (72%) Heat: F (21%) Overall: F (46%)

Dwight Douglas vs. Alvin Jones - Time Limit: 20 Minutes

- In a rematch from their last match, Douglas and Jones fought again. This time it was Douglas who was showing an unseen aggression. He attacked Jones with a pro wrestling style attack with chops and headbutts. Douglas managed to get a nearfall following a lariat for a close two count. Eventually Jones adapted to the attack and slowly found a way to attack Jones. Once again, Jones dominated and had Douglas trapped in a Cross Armbreaker. This time once again, a pro-wrestler outsmarted a Mixed Martial artist as Douglas rolled up and managed to pin Jones while trapped in the Cross Armbreaker. Jones went balistic and once again attack Douglas after the match and the feud continues between the two.

Winner: Dwight Douglas at 8:47 via pinfall. (Cross Armbreaker Cradle)

Workrate: C- (70%) Heat: F (21%) Overall: F (45%)

Josh Came out to the ring and spoke to the first time to his hometown fans. He said that he didn't mind having Keiji Sakoda as a tag partner, but he would have prefered fighting on his own against Howard and Gonzalez. He addressed the situation about choosing which side to choose and he honestly said he did not know which side to take and that he cannot make a decision yet. He left the crowd by saying that he would win the Neo Fighting Association Heavyweight title and represent Las Vegas to the fullest.

Promo Grade: F (58%)

Thomas Moore vs. Keiji Sasaki - Time Limit: 30 Minutes

- In another episode of Pro-Wrestling vs. Judoka, it was NEO-GEN's Foriegn Ace Keiji Sasaki taking on the Amaresu star Thomas Moore. It was an evenly matched. The crowd was behind Moore and Moore did not disappoint trapping Sasaki in various pinning predicaments. Moore even got a close two-count with a German Suplex Hold. Yet, Sasaki came back with a vengence and fought back and found a way to trap Moore in a rear naked choke and Moore had no choice but to tap out. Sasaki continues his good form going into the tournament. Excellent match.

Winner: Keiji Sasaki at 9:55 via submission (Rear Naked Choke)

Workrate: C+ (78%) Heat: F (20%) Overall: F (49%)

Josh Harrington & Keiji Sakoda vs. Tito Gonzalez & Chuck Howard - Time Limit: 60 Minutes

- The main event featured NEO-GEN's first ever tag team match. I must admit I was very iffy about the possible tag match, but the two men proved why NEO-GEN is a up and coming federation. Howard and Gonzalez showed natural team work in the ring and managed to isolate Sakoda, who adjusted his style to fit NEO-GEN. Following a hot tag to Harrington, the show down that everyone wanted to see took place. It was Gonzalez vs. Harrington and the two quickly started to unload bombs on each other. Neither man wanting to quit. In the end, it would be Sakoda that would be the downfall of Harrington's team and he was trapped in Gonzalez's mount and Gonzalez began to unleash heavy shots forcing the referee to stop the match, while Howard contained Harrigton.

Winner: Tito Gonzalez & Chuck Howard at 17:26 via TKO (Referee Stop: Gonzalez beat Sakoda)

Workrate: C (77%) Heat: F (26%) Overall: F (51%)

-Following the match Gonzalez took the mic and told Harrington that it was only a mater of time before they got in the ring and settled the score between them and that he would show everyone why he is the Best fighter in NEO-GEN. Gonzalez and Harrington stared each other down, before going to the back. Bas Rutten came out after the ring was cleared and thanked the fans for coming and to come back next month.

Promo Grade: F (58%)

A solid show that brought in two new faces into NEO-GEN. Next month, the quest for the title begins and I look forward to it.

Quick Results

Iceman defeated Paul Johnson

Tony Zaretti defeated Michael Robinson

Dwight Douglas defeated Alvin Jones

Keiji Sasaki defeated Thomas Moore

Tito Gonzalez & Chuck Howard defeated Josh Harrington & Keiji Sakoda

Prediction Contest

Lukie - 5/5

Caucasian - 4/5

Mr. X - 3/5

Go-Go - 2/5

Pro Wrestling NEO-GEN Presents: "Fighting Evolution"

Silverado High School Gymnasium

April 16th, 2005

Opening Gong: 4:00 PM

Iceman vs. Michael Robinson

Tony Zaretti vs. Paul Johnson

NFA Heavyweight Tournament Opening Round

Alvin Jones vs. Keiji Sakoda

Tito Gonzalez vs. Dwight Douglas

Chuck Howard vs. Thomas Moore

Josh Harrington vs. Keiji Sasaki

Also scheduled to appear: Bas Rutten and Rico Constantino

Edited by Blaze N Amaze

WOO HOO~!

I predicted all 5, and I am in the Dojo~!

Thankyou BLAZE~! I hope no one kills me with a Lariat though <_<

ICEMAN made the impact! I'm going with him again. I can see him being built as the invading threat for the MMA experts.

LOL at the Young Lion CRABHOLD OF DEATH~! Zaretti again with this one, as he seems to be the better out of the younger guys.

Sakoda isn't best in the NEO style, but bringing him in just to job in the first round, when he is, technically, your biggest draw, is just odd... So Sakoda.

Tito's the monster. He should be Main Eventing everything to be honest.

Chuck has seen more success out of the two, so I am going with him...

I know Josh is going to win this, but seriously, I don't care, I am going with my main man, Sasaki... SASAKI! SASAKI! SASAKI!

Well done Blaze... Maybe down the line you could add in some matches with points system, like U-Style UWF-i etc. or maybe rounds... Loving this diary.

Bwagh, bad luck.

Experience edge again.

This is one of those "Eh. *Shrug.*" things.

Experience, plus poor Alvin seems to be stuck in Job Job Revolution.

I think there's gonna be a Gonzalez/Sakoda match, playing off the tag victory, so Tito moves on.

Thomas Moore hasn't really made enough of an impact to make me think he's going to move on here.

Josh gets the upset because three shoot style guys moving on makes no sense.

- Iceman will become the foreign fighter who poses the most threat to the NEO-GEN roster, and he'll beat Robinson to start off with a 2-0 record.

- Paul will use his speed and technical ability to get his first win off the young Zaretti.

- Since Sakoda is the draw now of NEO-GEN it would be insane to have him pick up the loss in the first round. I'm looking for Jones to put on a good fight but Sakoda will win in the end.

- The tournament needs a semi-final match that has history so Gonzalez will pick up the W and face Sakoda later on in a rematch from the tag match last month.

- Moore hasn't really done anything while Howard is up there with the top of the NEO-GEN roster. Howard will win via Submission, most likely a cross armbreaker or a sleeper hold.

- This is the Pure Ace vs. Unbeaten match that should be something to see. Harrington will pick up the win to make the Semi's a 2-2 for MMA and Pure Wrestling.

I like Iceman as a possible 'outside ally' for the wrestler, so he needs to build up some credibility here.

Zaretti won last month, now it's someone else's turn :P

I think Sakoda's mainly been brough in to give the rub to some of the NEO-GEN regulars, but I doubt it'll come in this round.

Tito is the upcoming ace of NEO-GEN, and he's my pick to win the tournament at this point.

I love upsets, and Moore seemed to come close to taking down Keiji at the lasy show.

I'm going against the grain here and taking Sasaki, only because I'm a mark for a fictional character.

"Fighting Evolution"

Attendance: 35

Overall Card Grade: F (51%)

Fighting Evolution hosted the opening round of the Neo Fighting Association Heavyweight title tournament. The show produced a variety of surprises and this was the first step to Dueling Destinies.

Michael Robinson vs. Iceman - Time Limit: 15 Minutes

- The show opened off with a unique match that pitted two men with both pro wrestling and MMA experience. The match started off quickly with both men exchanging sharp kicks, with neither man getting a clear advantage. Iceman's experience would prove to the deciding factor as he took advantage of Robinson's mistakes and trapped Robinson in a cross armbreaker for the victory. It was unfortunate that the crowd was not into this match up, but the crowd would slowly heat up through out show.

Winner: Iceman at 7:41 via submission (Armbar)

Workrate: C (73%) Heat: F (2%) Overall: F (37%)

Bas came out and started bragging about how his fighters will sweep the opening round and move on Dueling Destinies and finally prove for once and for all that MMA is the stronger fighting code. This prompted Rico to come out and once again the

two engaged in a heated argument about which is stronger. Rico ended the heated confrontation by saying that at challenging Bas to a match at Dueling Destinies. Bas declined stating that Rico has not proven himself to be capable of taking on him. So instead they should find a partner of thier choosing and fight in that manner. Rico accepted and Bas walked to the back.

Promo Grade:D+ (68%)

Tony Zaretti vs. Paul Johnson - Time Limit: 15 minutes

- The second match was between two men who have yet to define a character for each other. Zaretti's role seems to be changing consistently as one match he could be the complete underdog or the complete dominator. This match was another

example of Tony Zaretti - "The Junior Killer", he beat Johnson from post to post and Johnson did not get a single bit of offense against Zaretti. Mercifully, this match was ended fairly quickly as Zaretti trapped Johnson in a crab hold for the victory.

Winner: Tony Zaretti at 4:33 via submission (Crab Hold)

Workrate: D (66%) Heat: F (20%) Overall: F (43%) Minutes

NFA Heavyweight Tournament Opening Round: Keiji Sakoda vs. Alvin Jones - Time Limit: 30 Minutes

- The first match of the NFA Heavyweight title tournament was between Alvin Jones and Keiji Sakoda. Jones is still having troubling adjusting to the pro-wrestling rules as he has fallen they have seemed to his downfall in the past two matches. This time, he seemed more comfortable, but now he was taking on a more experience wrestler. Sakoda troubled Jones with elbows and low kicks, but Jones' natural ability helped him through. After connecting with a punch that sent Sakoda down to the canvas and while the referee was administering his 10 count on Sakoda, Dwight Douglas came out and provoked Jones prompting him to exit the ring and chase after Jones. Sakoda managed to get up, and the referee proceeded to count-out Jones. The crowd counted along with the referee until 10 and the bell was rung, Jones had lost another match due to his unfamilarity with Pro-Wrestling's rules.

Winner: Keiji Sakoda at 11:76 via countout.

Workrate: C (73%) Heat: F (23%) Overall: F (48%)

Following the match, Alvin ran back to the ring to discover he had lost the match. In a furious rage, he chased the referee out of the ring and demanded the microphone. He officially challenge Dwight Douglas in the fighting rules he was known for. Douglas thought about it and accepted and told the match makers to make the match as soon as possible. The crowd is getting into this feud between the two.

Promo Grade:F (57%)

NFA Heavyweight Tournament Opening Round: Dwight Douglas vs. Tito Gonzalez - Time Limit: 30 Minutes

- After his small run in with Alvin Jones, Douglas had to focus on a bigger thing, the NFA Heavyweight Title. He drew Tito Gonzalez who has been on a run of sorts in recent history. This was a brutal slugfest from bell to bell, with neither man going to the ground for an attempt for a pinfall. One man was going to get KO'd and on this night, it would be Gonzalez's superior boxing skills that took down Douglas as a left hook connected directly with Douglas' temple and KO'd the big man. Gonzalez celebrated following the match. He is a clear favorite to win the title.

Winner: Tito Gonzalez at 11:76 via KO.

Workrate: C+ (79%) Heat: F (32%) Overall: F (55%)

NFA Heavyweight Tournament Opening Round: Thomas Moore vs. Chuck Howard - Time Limit: 30 Minutes

- In a shock, Thomas Moore upset the heavily favorited Chuck Howard in just 100 seconds. Howard had control in the first 95 seconds and managed to knock down Moore, but it would be his cockiness that cost him the match on this night, as Moore played possum and managed to hook Howard into an inside cradle for the flash victory for the youngster from Texas. Moore quickly evacuated the ring and celebrated in the crowd.

Winner: Thomas Moore at 1:40 via pinfall (Inside Cradle).

Workrate: C (73%) Heat: F (23%) Overall: F (48%)

NFA Heavyweight Tournament Opening Round: Josh Harrington vs. Keiji Sasaki - Time Limit: 30 Minutes

- The final match of the night featured two men who have never dropped a fall in NEO-GEN. This match was great from the begining. The fans were amazed at this match and the fans next to me even asked if this was fake or real. The strikes were extremely sharp and could be heard throughout the gymnasium. Sasaki had trouble taking down Harrington with his judo ability, considering that the two were sparring partners for training for their invasion of King of the Cage and both knew each other's moves. Sasaki would end up taking the advantage late in the bout and seemed poised to force Harrington to submit. Before they knew it, the 30 minutes had expired and it had to to go the judges. Then in arguably the biggest shock of the night, Sasaki had defeated Harrington with a 2-1 judges decision in an amazing fight that kept both men strong without one directly defeating the other.

Winner: Keiji Sasaki via Decision (2-1).

Workrate: C+ (79%) Heat: F (32%) Overall: F (55%)

Following the match, Tito Gonzalez and Chuck Howard hit the ring and attacked Josh Harrington. Bas came out and seemed like he was going to stop the beatdown, before turning to Sasaki and shaking his hand and told his cronies to attack Harrington. This prompted Rico, Moore and Sakoda to come down to save Harrington. At that moment, Bas called Harrington a loser as he could have easily accepted joining him before, but now that Sasaki has proven that he is nothing, he is worthless to his team. Rico came on the mic and said that at the next show, it would him and Josh Harrington against Bas and Chuck Howard. Bas accepted and told him that he'll see him at Dueling Destinies.

Overall, a SHOCKING SHOW. It was full of surprises. The only predictable thing was actually Gonzalez passing through. This served as an excellent backdrop to Dueling Destinies. Until next time.

QUick Results

Iceman defeated Michael Robinson

Tony Zaretti defeated Paul Johnson

NFA Heavyweight Tournament Opening Round: Keiji Sakoda defeated Alvin Jones

NFA Heavyweight Tournament Opening Round: Tito Gonzalez defeated Dwight Douglas

NFA Heavyweight Tournament Opening Round: Thomas Moore defeated Chuck Howard

NFA Heavyweight Tournament Opening Round: Keiji Sasaki defeated Josh Harrington

Prediction Contest - Show (Overall)

Lukie - 5/6 (10/11)

Caucasianheat - 5/6 (9/11)

Mr. X - 3/6 (6/11)

Go-Go - 4/6 (6/11)

Edited by Blaze N Amaze

Pro Wrestling NEO-GEN Presents: "Dueling Destinies"

Coronado High School Gymnasium

May 21st, 2005

Iceman & Michael Robinson vs. Tony Zaretti & Paul Johnson

NFA Heavyweight Title Tournament Semi-Final: Keiji Sasaki vs. Thomas Moore

NFA Heavyweight Title Tournament Semi-Final: Tito Gonzalez vs. Keiji Sakoda

Different Style Fight: Alvin Jones vs. Dwight Douglas

Bas Rutten & Chuck Howard vs. Rico Constantino & Josh Harrington

NFA Heavyweight Title Tournament Final: Winner of Sasaki/Moore vs. Winner of Gonzalez/Sakoda

Tie Breaker: Name How the Main Event Finish: TKO, KO, Pinfall, Submission, Decision

Edited by Blaze N Amaze

Strong show. This diary is easily my favourite on the boards, and it's not even Puro <_<

I'm not a fan of the chasing of the referee and stuff, but you have to build a feud somehow, and I'm looking forward to the different style fight... :)

I personally think Iceman is being built up to face one of the MMA guys in a high profile fight. So Iceman again :)

For some strange reason, I'm thinking that you are going to have Moore go to the final, by another fluke fall, but here's hoping my main man, Sasaki wins it :)

The monster shall continue to go through the competition, destroying the former WWE emplyee, and making it to the finals.

YAY~! Different Style Fight :) That can be the MMA special match, and your wrestling special match could be like U-Style rules or something... I don't know. There is no way in hell that Douglas could win this one...

Josh over Howard... nuf. said.

NFA Heavyweight Title Tournament Final: Keiji Sasaki Vs Tito Gonzales

This will be very close, with hopefully Sasaki proving himself to be a strong fighter, and getting himself over in the eyes of the fans. Tito should be built as the strong point everyone needs to redefine too... Sasaki by TKO, because I pick him to win everything :)

Goddamn lukiep.

The Iceman streak continues.

Partially I just hate Moore for screwing me up. Damn you, Moore.

As much as I want the Battle of the Keijis, I don't see it happening here.

If Jones doesn't win these he's completely fucked.

Josh hasn't had the best of luck recently. I think that'll change here.

NFA Heavyweight Title Tournament Final: Keji Sasaki vs. Tito Gonzalez

The winning streak goes on and on, and will keep going on until Sasaki eventually drops the title, preferably to Josh.

Tie Breaker: Name How the Main Event Finish: TKO, KO, Pinfall, Submission, Decision

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Fantastic stuff man. I've gotten really in to japanese wrestling and MMA thanks to the Wrestling Channel and Eurosports over the last 15 months, and enjoy watching it, though I must admit I have no idea what the finishes written here are because often its in japanese commentary on TV so I cant keep track of when hes naming a move or when hes just chatting happily away to his color commentator dudey who loves to say "hai" (or hi... whichever its irrelevant, I know it means Yes)

If you can man can you on one of your shows write what the finishing hold is with the name of the move as it happens. Just the once then us guys who are fans but dont know the ins and outs can use that as a reference point and carry on reading happily. Good stuff though, I dig the whole feel of it as its something Ive wanted to do (but dont know the names of half the moves lol)

Pro Wrestling NEO-GEN Presents: "Dueling Destinies"

Coronado High School Gymnasium

May 21st, 2005

I'm thinking that Zaretti will go back to his losing ways here, particularly because he's up against the more experienced Iceman.

I'm all about Sasaki. This is proof. You've got to have MMA vs. Pro-wres in the finals.

This is a good time for Tito to take a loss, particularly because it's against a very experienced wrestler in Sakoda. I like the set up of Keiji vs. Keiji for the belt.

Douglas would have the advantage in a wrestling bout, but Jones is more at home in this style of match. Experience wins here.

Going against the grain again here, I'm going to say the Bas will go over Harrington, perhaps to create some tension or doubt as to wether Josh's choice to align with pro-wres over MMA was the right one.

NFA Heavyweight Title Tournament Final: Keiji Sasaki vs. Keiji Sakoda

I said in my predictions for Fighting Evolution that Sakoda was coming in for a big job, and this looks like it could be the one. Perhaps it's the Sasaki mark in me, but I think he's going to surprise with a victory.

To put Sasaki over as a good fighter and keep Sakoda looking strong, I'll go with Decision.