World Wrestling Federation '93

BlackFlagg

Good stuff man, I don't mind HBK dropping the gold to the Bossman, The Bossman was a pretty decent worker around that time, And he deserved atleast one good singles title. Not sure about DiBiase winning either, He was a midcarder just a few weeks ago (diary time) and now he wins the Rumble? Hopefully you'll build him up as a legit contender for Wrestlemania. I hope Perfect wasn't given the title to be a transition champion for DiBiase, Wrestlemania should be interesting. Good show man, Looking forward to Monday Night Raw :thumbsup:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't wnna dump Luger in the ME to soon, I felt DiBiase was a big enough name to realistically be put in this situation...he actually was more than over enough for Upper Midcard status at the start of the diary, but I guess the guy who made it put him in midcard since he was a tag team wrestler at the time.

As for Bossman, I thought he could make a pretty good I-C champ at this time, I wanted to keep the I-C belt in the picture and the size and scope of the Michaels/Savage feud would have kind of put the title more in the background of things.

user posted image

Preview

Prime Time Championship

The Dynamite Kid© V/s Jerry "The King" Lawler

Non-Title

Big Bossman V/s Razor Ramon

Yokozuna V/s Tatanka

WWF Tag Team Championship

High Energy(Owen Hart & Koko B. Ware)© V/s Slick's new tag team

Main Event

"Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase V/s "Macho Man" Randy Savage

Also in the arena will be former Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, the man who sold his shot at the WrestleMania Main Event Lex Luger and of course the new WWF Heavyweight Champion Mr. Perfect!

• 4 weeks later...

user posted image

January 18th, 1993

Commentary Team - Vince McMahon & James E. Cornette

The Raw logo flashes across the screen before fading into the sold out arena as Vince McMahon kicks things off...

McMahon: "WELCOME TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW! We're just 24 hours removed from one of the most memorable nights in WWF history as we crowned a new WWF Heavyweight Champion in Mr. Perfect! Not to mention the new Intercontinental Champion the Big Bossman and the first ever Prime Time Champion the Dynamite Kid!"

Cornette: "But that's nothing compared to what happened in the Royal Rumble itself, McMahon! Ted DiBiase walked out the winner after paying off the last man in the ring with him, Lex Luger..."

McMahon: "And who knows how many others as there were four people who didn't even come out to the ring, and I have a feeling it was because they were to busy spending there new wealth....Ted DiBiase may have his ticket for WrestleMania but tonight he has to step into the ring one on one with Randy Savage, Lex Luger won't be there to save him this time..."

And as if on cue Lex Luger steps out from the back and makes his way down the aisle to the ring...

McMahon: "Speak of the devil, James E. Looks like Mr. Luger has something to say here. This should be interesting..."

Luger: "For the last twenty-four hours I've been asked nothing but 'Why?'. Why did I sell out my shot to Main Event WrestleMania, to become the new WWF Heavyweight Champion? I'll tell you why, I came here to the World Wrestling Federation for one reason and one reason only....Money! Not for the pride of being a champion, not for the thrill of the competition, none of that means a damn thing to me. Last night with DiBiase was just the beginning, Lex Luger is ready and willing to do what it takes to make his bank account grow larger...ad nothing more."

With that said Luger drops the mic and exits the ring....

Overall: 76

McMahon: "Can you believe that, Cornette? Lex Luger has basically came out here and told the world he's a mercenary, nothing but Muscle for Hire..."

McMahon's words ring out as Raw goes to a commercial...

"Sunday March 21st, 1993 the World Wrestling Federation presents...."

user posted image

"LIVE! From Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas! Tickets on Sale NOW!"

Prime Time Championship

The Dynamite Kid© def. Jerry "The King" Lawler - The Dynamite Kid in his first title defense just twenty-four hours after winning the title showed the world he did not intend to be a short term champion as he took it right to the King of the Piledriver, Jerry Lawler....but the King got his licks in on the champion and came close to walking out with gold around his waist on several occasions. In the end Dynamite came out on top after escaping form a piledriver attempt by Lawler he went on the attack and put the King away after his patented Swan Dive Headbutt from the top turnbuckle.

Crowd: 73

Match: 79

The WWF Prime Time title has gained in image.

Commercial

Raw returns as Mike Tenay stands in the back with Razor Ramon....

Tenay: "Razor, last night in the Rumble when you turned and looked face to face with the Undertaker you could see the fear in your ey..."

Ramon rips the mic from Tenay's hand before he can finish is sentence...

Ramon: "FEAR? You think Razor Ramon is scared of anyone, especially that walking corpse, The Undertaker? I should tear you to pieces for even thinking that, Tenay! Razor Ramon fears no man, living or dead! The Undertaker is nothing but bug under the heel of my boot, and anytime I please I can put my foot down and squash him just like<snaps fingers> that! Don't you ever forget it! Razor Ramon fears nothing!"

Razor turns and walks off still fuming as Tenay shots it back to ringside...

Overall: 78

Non-Title

Big Bossman def. Razor Ramon - Not much more than a knock down, drag out brawl between Ramon and the new Intercontinental Champion the Big Bossman. Ramon on the offense early on after hitting the champion with a low blow behind the ref's back. Razor worked over the champion for several minutes getting a few long two counts out of it, but Bossman kept battling his way back into the match. Bossman took the fight right back to Ramon and came close to putting him away on multiple occasions. The end of the match came along as Ramon found himself back in the drivers seat after another questionable move...

McMahon: "Razor Ramon looking to put the Intercontinental Champion away here, he's setting him up for that Razor's edge, if he hits it this will be the end for the Big Bossman..."

Ramon with Bossman sets up and hits Bossman with the Razor's Edge but before he can go for the in the lights go out and the familiar "DONG!" rings out across the arena. A few seconds later a single light over the ring goes on as Ramon stands with his fist cocked back and ready to throw it at the first person he sees. Just then the sound of the gong is heard again and a spotlight goes on outside the ring as we see The Undertaker standing there motionless with his hat positioned to cover his face. Ramon stares down at him and taunts him, but the gong goes off again and that spotlight goes off and another turns on to the right of Ramon and the Undertaker is standing there. Just as Ramon turns to him the spotlight goes off again before going back on to the other side of the ring and again there's The Undertaker. Ramon screaming out at him but The Undertaker makes no moves as one final time the spotlight goes off and then back on at the fourth and final side of the ring and, you guessed it, The Undertaker is there, but like before it only stays on for a moment before it goes out and only the ring is now lit as Ramon spins around wondering where the attack will come from.

Cornette: "What in the world is going on, McMahon?"

McMahon: "I don't know, James E...but neither does Ramon!"

Finally the house lights come back on as we see The Undertaker, The Undertaker, The Undertaker and The Undertaker! At every side of the ring the figure of The Undertaker stands there, motionless, face obscured. Ramon still just turning around and around in the ring as he takes in the visual of the four "Undertakers" surrounding the ring. Just then The Big Bossman back on his feet nails Ramon from behind and tosses him over the top rope to the floor, Ramon lands at the feet of one of the "Undertakers" at ringside and looks up slowly, his face ghost white....but that disappears as he looks into the face of the "Undertaker" standing before him. Ramon's cocky grin reappears on his face as he gets to his feet and rips the hat along with the hair off the first "Undertaker" revealing...

Cornette: "A mannequin, McMahon!"

McMahon: "Indeed it is...Ramon back to his cocky self, but you can't tell me he wasn't scared before he found out it was just a mannequin!"

Ramon then just slaps the mannequin knocking it over. Ramon laughs and moves on to the next Mannequin but goes and grabs a chair from ringside first. Ramon takes the chair, winds up and literally knocks the "Undertakers" head off!

McMahon: "A home run shot by Razor Ramon there and some lucky fan has an interesting souvenir to take home."

Ramon goes around and does the same to the third of the mannequins. Ramon makes his way around to the final one not paying attention to the fact that the referee has counted him out and called for the bell. Razor's attention is focused completely on the "Undertakers" at ringside. Ramon drops the chair and looks at the final mannequin, he takes his toothpick from his ear and flicks it at the "Undertaker". Ramon makes a move towards it when suddenly the booming voice of the Undertaker rings out across the arena...

"RAMON!"

Razor turns to see where the voice came from as the Titan-tron lights up and on it comes the face of The Undertaker...

Undertaker: "Razor Ramon, you say you fear no one...alive...or dead? Well, I am neither of those. Ramon I am the thing that puts the terror into the things normal men fear....I am the thing that the devil himself has nightmares about. Ramon, I am fear...absolute. You can say otherwise, but I can feel your fear...I can sense the chill running up and down your spine...and when I am done with you, fear....is all you will have left!"

The screen goes black and Ramon just shouts, "I'm not scared of you!" I'll show you what I'm going to do to you!" He then turns back towards the last of the "Undertakers" and grabs the hat and rips it off and the second he does so the head snaps up and Ramon finds himself staring face to face with The Undertaker! Ramon just falls backwards landing on his backside in utter shock, the cockiness gone and the fear back into his eyes as The Undertaker stares down at him as Ramon quickly back peddles towards the aisleway...

McMahon: "That is fear, James E. The Undertaker has shown the fear that lays in the heart of Razor Ramon!"

The Undertaker just stares at Ramon, not moving a muscle as Razor slowly backs up the aisle...

Overall: 77

Crowd: 75

Big Bossman gained overness from this match.

Commercial

Raw returns once again to the backstage area as we see Mike Tenay along with Shawn Michaels who looks somewhat naked without the Intercontinental Title belt...

Tenay: "Well, Shawn Michaels, last night at the Royal Rumble you lost the Intercontinental championship..."

Once again choosing the wrong words, Tenay finds himself minus a mic as Michaels cuts him off...

Michaels: "You mean I was robbed of my Intercontinental Championship, Tenay! Robbed by the Big Bossman, robbed by the World Wrestling Federation...and more importantly robbed by Randy Savage! Last night was the biggest conspiracy ever put together in the history of the world. Bossman, the WWF and Savage all came together to do nothing more but try and knock HBK down a peg because I was becoming to powerful for them to handle! But I got news for ya, Jack! Belt or no belt, HBK is and always will be the man in the WWF!

This is nothing but a minor setback for HBK....and nothing but a monumental mistake for the Randy Savage because he didn't get the job done. He may have cost me the Intercontinental Title but he left Sawn Michaels alive and kicking! And if you think I'm just going to sit back and let you get away with this...You better think again!"

Michaels goes to hand the mic back to Tenay but drops it to the floor before walking off....

Overall: 80%

user posted image

"LIVE! From Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas! Tickets on Sale NOW!"

Yokozuna def. Tatanka - In what was not much more than a squash, Tatanka found himself at the mercy of Yokozuna...and tonight he had none. Tatanka tired to get the jump on the massive sumo, but Yokozuna shrugged off everything he threw at him then struck with lightning speed unbelievable for a man his size. From there Tatanka was nothing more than a fly to be swatted as Yokozuna tore him apart as Mr. Fuji shouted instructions from ringside. In the end Yoko put Tatanka away after hitting the Bonzai Drop from the second turnbuckle.

Overall: 74

Crowd: 78

Match: 67

McMahon: "Oh my! Yokozuna just dominating here on Raw. This is a dangerous, dangerous man...Especially with the likes of Mr. Fuji giving him his orders from ringside."

Commercial

Raw returns as the "Doctor of Style" himself, Slick stands in the middle of the ring....

Slick: "The Doctor is back, baby! I'm here tonight to put some style back into the tag team scene! I'm here to show the world who your next Tag Team Champions are gonna be. So, without further delay, I present to you, the funkiest tag team ever in the WWF....The NEW Twin Towwwwers!"

The camera moves to the entranceway as out from the back comes The Giant Gonzalez and The Berzerker.

McMahon: "The Giant Gonzalez and The Berzerker" Talk about your odd couples, James E. Slick will certainly have his hands full trying to control these two...."

Gonzalez and The Berzerker in the ring with Slick as the ring announcer takes over to introduce the match...

Overall: 62

The Berzerker gained overness from this segment.

High Energy(Owen Hart & Koko B. Ware)© def. The New Twin Towers(The

Berzerker & Giant Gonzalez) w/Slick - The Tag Team Champions not at a hundred percent after the match and post match attack by The Steiners from the night before, but they didn't take a step back, they went right at the challengers showing the true heart of champions. Owen and Koko oversize and out powered....but that was something they were used to and they did what they do best using there speed and high flying ability to keep Gonzalez and The Berzerker on there toes....but no matter how fast you are, eventually you will be caught, and the champs found this out as they wound up on the wrong end of the offense at the hands of the newly formed Twin Towers, and Slick at ringside also did not do the champs any favors. The match went back and forth several times, but we would not get a clear victor this night as The Steiner Brothers decided to stick there noses into things.

McMahon: "The Steiner Brothers coming to ringside, I don't know what they have in mind..but if it's anything like last night it won't be good for the Tag Team Champions.."

Truer words had never been spoken before. The Steiners wasting no time hit the ring dressed in there street clothes and jumped all over Owen and Koko causing the referee to call for the disqualification. The Berzerker and Gonzalez looking to join in but Slick after much pleading managed to coax the two into leaving the ring. The Steiners left alone with the tag team champions as they continue to take them apart with suplexes and slams all over the ring. Finally Scott hops out of the ring and grabs the mic from Fink and gets back into the ring...

Scott: "Take a look in this ring and you'll see where the power really is in the WWF Tag Team scene! You're looking at the most dominate team in the WWF....or the entire world! The Steiner Brothers are tired of sitting on the sidelines, watching while jokes like this walk around with the tag team titles around there waist, thinking they're anything more than pretenders to our thrones! The time for talk is over! Owen Hart, Koko B. Ware, you just got a sample of what's in store for you...and next time, we're taking the gold home with us, where it belongs!"

With that said, Scott tosses the mic down on the back of Owen Hart before him and Rick exit the ring...

Overall: 64

Crowd: 77

Match: 37

Rick Steiner's turn was completed, and he is now a heel.

Rick Steiner gained overness from this turn.

Scott Steiner's turn was completed, and he is now a heel.

Scott Steiner gained overness from this turn.

Raw returns as Mike Tenay stands in the middle of the ring....

Tenay: "Ladies and gentleman, I am proud to introduce to you the NEW World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion of the World, Mr. Perfect!"

Mr. Perfect's music hits and the crowd jumps to there feet. Perfect steps out from the back, takes two steps and stops as he just soaks in the cheers with a smile on his face. He then starts down the aisle to the ring, towel in hand, gum being chewed and now with the WWF Title sitting...well, perfectly around his waist. Perfect gets into the ring and lifts his arms in the air to a massive pop from the crowd before going over to Tenay....

Tenay: "A much deserved reception, if I do say so myself. Last night you finally did it. You stepped into the ring with one of the true greats of this sport, you took each other to your limits and beyond but in the end you were the man who walked away with the Championship in hand. How does it feel?"

Perfect: "How does it feel? Like a dream, Tenay! But it's not a surprise, I told the world time and time again what Mr. Perfect could do. I just needed the chance to prove it, and last night I got it..and that's just what I did! Ric Flair, I salute you, you are a true champion and a great man. You gave me the match of a lifetime and anytime you wanna give it another go I'll be ready and willing to prove again why I am...Perfect!"

Tenay: "We will all look forward to seeing that rematch, I'm sure....but onto other business, last night we also found out who you would go on to face at WrestleMania in the Main Event, that man, Ted DiBiase, who won the Royal Rumble...not without some controversy though."

Perfect: "I don't know if I'd call it controversial...DiBiase told the world what he was willing to do to make sure he won the Rumble. Weither he deserved to win it or not, that's a story for another day....but the bottom line is he did what he said he would, and it worked. He is now the number one contender, and he gets his shot at the title come WrestleMania...but I gotta tell you something right now, DiBiase. You may be able to buy off a bunch of clowns to get the shot...but the buck stops here! Flash your cash all you want, Mr. Perfect isn't for sale, and the only way you'll ever get near this Championship is when you tear it from around my waist and that's just not going to happen! WrestleMania may be in Las Vegas, but there wont be any Million Dollar Dreams...but it will be a Perfect night!"

Overall: 86

Mr. Perfect plays to the crowd once ore to another massive ovation before exiting the ring.

McMahon: "Some strong words from the new Champion...we'll be right back with our Main Event..."

Raw starts to go to a commercial but instead we're first sent to the backstage area as we see Shawn Michaels coming out of a locker room. The locker room door swings shut as we see the name "Lex Luger" on the door...

Overall: 91

Shawn Michaels gained overness from this segment.

Main Event

"Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase def. "Macho Man" Randy Savage - A top notch Main Event as Ted DiBiase looked to show he can bring it just as good in the ring as he can with a check book...but he had his work cut out for him in Randy Savage. Not strangers to each other DiBiase and Savage spent much of the early moments of the match anticipating and countering each others moves. The two at a stalemate as DiBiase gets in Savage's face, Savage not standing for this takes a swing and floors DiBiase. Savage all over DiBiase now just laying into him with one punch after another. Savage sends DiBiase into the ropes and catches him coming off with a big back body drop. Savage on a roll as DiBiase tries to get away only to get caught. Savage continues on the offense, working over the Million Dollar Man for several minutes. DiBiase finally caught a break as he was able to catch Savage on the top turnbuckle and knock him off and down to the arena floor. DiBiase using this chance to catch his breath before going out after the "Macho Man". DiBiase went to work on Savage on the floor, driving him into everything he could see, including the ring post. DiBiase then took the match back to the ring getting a near fall on Savage. DiBiase from there would continue working over Savage, trying to wear him out with a number of holds. Savage being drained but still somehow able to stay in the match and kick out of all pin attempts. As the match progressed closer to it's finale savage started to mount his come back, and just as it looked like he may have DiBiase's number the referee found himself on the wrong side of a clothesline knocking him down. Savage staying on DiBiase though, but that's when it happened...

McMahon: "The referee down, Savage with DiBiase down and out, and...what in the? Lex Luger is coming out here!"

Luger makes his way down the aisle and into the ring as he just levels Savage from behind. Luger working over the already exhausted "Macho Man" as he sends him to the ropes and nails him with a massive power slam when he comes off. Luger then lifts Savage and hoists him up into the torture rack, after a few moments he dumps Savage to the mat where DiBiase takes over as Luger exits the ring. The referee coming around as DiBiase locks Savage into the Million Dollar Dream, the referee checks on Savage who is clearly out and calls for the bell.

McMahon: "OH MY! DiBiase buys his way into another win..."

Cornette: "I don't think so, McMahon! Look who's watching this..."

The camera goes to the entranceway as we see Shawn Michaels looking on with a smile. Michaels makes his way to the ring and shakes Luger's hand. he two then reenter the ring along with DiBiase as they stand over Savage....

McMahon: "My god, it's three on one here, Cornette..."

But that all changes in an instant as Mr. Perfect flies down the aisle. He hits the ring and unloads on DiBiase, Michaels and Luger. Perfect on fire, but the numbers prove to be to much even for him as Luger, Michaels and DiBiase take him down. The three men doing a number on the Champion. DiBiase finally calls Michaels and Luger off only to lock the Million Dollar Dream on Perfect putting him out. DiBiase then takes the World Title from the ground and holds it to his waist and smiles as raw goes off the air....

Overall: 85

Crowd: 89

Match: 78

Show Quality

TV Rating: 5.65

Attendance: 5006

Ticket Sales: $200,240.00

Guest Prototype

Good Raw. Steiners as heels is interesting. Gonzalez and Berserker could have a better team name. I like Luger with Dibiase. I think being associated with Luger will help elevate Dibiase into a credible challenger at WM.

Good thing I decided to check out page 2 of the dome and see if anything I like had been updated, Glad to see you're still doing this man. The show was top notch, Probably the best Monday Night Raw you had. It was definitely a great follow up to the Rumble, DiBiase/Perfect is going to be a great feud in my opinion, Just because they're both great talkers, I'm sure you'll pull it off right. Razor/Undertaker just heated up, I loved the way Undertaker played his mind games with Razor. Luger being muscle for hire is good as well, And it should get Lex over. Hopefully he'll have someone to go up against at Wrestlemania. Keep up the good work man, Looking forward to Superstars.

WWF SuperStars

January 23rd, 1993

Commentary Team - Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Ultimo Dragon def. Reno Riggins - In the opening bout of the evening Ultimo Dragon in his second WWF match looking to put a win under his belt after coming up short against Eddie Guerrero in there double debut and Ultimo did just that. Dragon dazzled the crowd with his different brand of offense. He finished Riggins off after locking him in a Dragon sleeper and getting the submission.

Overall: 54

Crowd: 39

Match: 69

SuperStars goes to a commercial as Ultimo is declared the victor...

"Four Men, two teams....

user posted image

"Macho Man" Randy Savage teams with the WWF Champion..."

user posted image

"Mr. Perfect to battle....

user posted image

"The HeartBreak Kid" Shawn Michaels and..."

user posted image

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase"

Don't miss this and more on....

user posted image

Overall: 87

SuperStars returns as the next match is set to begin...

Eddie Guerrero def. Barry Hardy - Eddie Guerrero with momentum on his side after a big win in his debut the previous week and looked to add another win to his record here. Guerrero used his speed and high flying offense to keep Hardy on his toes and it was only a matter of time before he put the finishing touches on him and picked up the win after hitting a frog splash from the top turnbuckle.

Overall: 51

Crowd: 39

Match: 64

Commercial

SuperStars returns as Mike Tenay stands by with Tammy Lynn and The Thrillseekers...

Tenay: "I'm standing by with one of the hottest young tag teams in wrestling, Chris Jericho and Lance Storm along with there manager Tammy Lynn. You were succesful in your debut match last week..."

Tammy: "Just like we will be tonight, because you're looking at the future of the WWF right here. Chris Jericho and Lance Storm have all the tools to become the greatest tag team in the history of this sport, and on top of that they have one thing no other team has ever had before....Me. The beauty and the brains behind the talent. After Chris and Lance make short work of there opponents here tonight the WWF will have no choice but to put them in some real competition and from there it will only be a matter of time before I put the gold around there waists where it belongs..."

Tammy turns and walks off as Jericho and Storm follow...

Overall: 88

Tammy Lynn debuted her new gimmick, it got a positive response.

Tammy Lynn gained overness from this segment.

Chris Jericho gained overness from this segment.

Lance Storm gained overness from this segment.

The Thrillseekers def. PJ Walker and Ross Greenberg - Tammy Lynn put out the hype and Jericho and Storm made good of her word as they made short work of Walker and Greenberg. Before the match even started Jericho and Storm went on the attack taking Greenberg out of the picture quickly leaving Walker alone. From there it was only a matter of time before the y put him away after hitting him with a double thrust kick right on target. Jericho made the cover and that was that.

Crowd: 38

Match: 86

Commercial

SuperStars returns once again to Mike Tenay as he stands by with Prime Time Champion, The Dynamite Kid...

Tenay: "First of all congratulations on the title win and the successful first defense this past Monday. Now, as the first Prime Time Champion a lot of pressure will be on you to set the bar so to speak. You will have to defend this belt once, sometimes twice a week against a lot of hungry young competitors...are you ready for this?"

Dynamite: "I am as ready as can be, Tenay. I'm going to put the bar through the roof, I'm going to make sure all future champions will have a goal to shoot for. I will take on any and all comers...in fact for this Monday Night I will defend the belt against whoever wins the Main Event tonight between Dean Malenko and Marty Jannetty..."

Tenay: "That will surely be a great match. Thank you for joining me, Dynamite. We have to get back to the ring for our next match..."

Overall: 70

Rick Martel def. Jim Powers - Martel with an impressive win over Powers this week. "The Model" bending and breaking any rule he could to make sure he stayed on the offense throughout the match. Martel picked up the win after locking Powers in a Boston Crab after clipping his knee from behind. Powers with no choice but to call it quits.

Overall: 53

Crowd: 46

Match: 61

Martel not ready to leave as he gets a mic from ringside...

Martel: "I'm sick and tired of sitting back and watching everything pass me by....Big Bossman, the so-called Intercontinental Champion, you are nothing compared to me. "The Model" is the most talented, sexiest and best wrestler in the World Wrestling Federation, and if you have any guts in that fat stomach of yours you will put your title on the line against me this Monday on Raw!"

Overall: 63

Commercial

Main Event

Dean Malenko def. Marty Jannetty - In an exciting bout Malenko and Jannetty took each other to the limit to earn the chance to fight for the Prime Time title. Malenko doing all he could to keep Jannetty grounded, but Marty able to take the match to the air as he came off the top turnbuckle on Malenko with move after move picking up several near falls. Marty went to the well one to many times though and this led to his defeat as Malenko moved out of the way of a move from Marty as he came off the top, Jannetty saw this coming and tried to land on his feet only to twist his knee. From there Malenko went on the attack working over the knee of Jannetty setting him up for the Texas Cloverleaf to pick up the submission victory.

Crowd: 65

Show Quality

Overall: 65

TV Rating: 5.88

Attendance: 6009

Ticket Sales: $240,360

Competition

WCW Saturday Night

TV Rating: 2.11

Attendance: 5023

Ticket Sales: $200,920

USWA TV

TV Rating: 0.15

Attendance: 333

Ticket Sales: $6,660

Notes: WCW have signed Raymond Rougeau, British Bulldog and Chris Candido

user posted image

Preview

Prime Time Championship

The Dynamite Kid© V/s Dean Malenko

The Steiner Brothers V/s The Nasty Boys

Intercontinenal Chamonship

Big Bossman© V/s "The Model" Rick Martel

An open challenge from Mr. Fuji for anyone to face his Yokozuna

Main Event

Mr. Perfect & "Macho Man" Randy Savage V/s "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase & "The HeartBreak Kid" Shawn Michaels

All this, and much more, don't miss Monday Night Raw!

Decent show, I don't like The Thrillseekers etting pushed as it's too quick, But you do need some teams in the division. I like Martel getting pushed, Though him versus Bossman could have been better saved for Wrestlemania, Doesn't matter though, It should be a good match up :D

Raw's main event looks awesome too :D

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

January 25th, 1993

Monday Night Raw comes on the air to a jam packed arena. Right away the bell is rung and Howard Finkel introduces the opening match....

Prime Time Championship

The Dynamite Kid© def. Dean Malenko - In a rematch from a semi-final match of the Prime Time Title Tournament, Dean Malenko looked to prove that his lose to Dynamite was a fluke, but Dynamite wasn't going to make it easy on him. Like in the previous bout Malenko tried to go right for the legs of Dynamite but the Prime Time Champion saw it coming and kept Malenko at bay in the opening minutes of the match. As the match progressed Dynamite looked well on his way to another successful title defense as Malenko just couldn't break past his defense. Malenko eventually got his opening though as Dynamite went for a splash from the top rope but Dean managed to get the knees up and drive them into the champions gut. With the wind knocked out of Dynamite, Malenko went on the attack. Malenko with a few near falls over the next several minutes but unable to put the champion away. Malenko looking to end the match as he set Dynamite for the Texas Cloverleaf but Dynamite hooks him into a small package and gets a near fall. Malenko and Dynamite both t there feet, Malenko takes a hard swing and Dynamite ducks it, hooks Malenko up and hits a German suplex into a bridge and gets the three count to retain the title.

Crowd: 73

Match: 82

McMahon: "Another great title defense by The Dynamite Kid, what a way to kick things off here on Monday Night Raw. Where are you going? James E...."

Cornette leaving the broadcast position and heads towards the rig where Malenko still stands with a look of frustration on his face. Cornette into the ring...

Cornette: "Dean Malenko, you're one of the most talented young wrestlers I have seen in quite awhile...but if you ever want to make it to the next level you need something, something that I can give you. <leans in and says something to Malenko> So how about it?"

Cornette extends his hand and Malenko eagerly takes it. With that the two of them exit the ring. Malenko heads to the back and Cornette to the broadcast position...

McMahon: "What on Earth was that?"

McMahon: "That was business, McMahon...as in my business and none of yours."

With that said Raw goes to a commercial...

James E. Cornette gained overness from this segment.

Commercial

The Steiner Brothers def. The Nasty Boys - The new attitude of the Steiners shined through in this match as they just tore right into the Nasty Boys from the opening bell and didn't let up an inch. Rick and Scott kept Knobbs cut off for the early portion of the match, doing anything and everything they could to keep him from tagging in his partner. Finally after managing to reverse a suplex attempt by Scott Knobbs managed to make it to his corner and tag in Jerry Saggs before Rick could stop him. Saggs came in a house of fire and took it to the Steiners, but his fire didn't last to long as Scott came from behind with a low blow. From there Rick and Scott took Saggs apart. Knobbs tried to aid his partner but after the beating he already took it was easy for the Steiners to dispatch with him before putting the finishing touches on Saggs for the win.

McMahon: "My god, this new attitude of the Steiners may not be popular...but it has made them more dangerous than ever! Can anyone stop there patch of destruction?"

And on cue the WWF Tag Team Champions ran down the aisle and into the ring. Koko B. Ware and Owen Hart taking the fight right to the Steiner Brothers. The two teams tearing into each other as officials rushed out to break things up as Raw wet to a commercial...

Overall: 74

Crowd: 69

user posted image

"LIVE! From Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas!

And only on Pay-Per-View, don't miss it!"

Raw returns as Mike Tenay stands by with the WWF Intercontinental Champion, The Big Bossman...

Tenay: "Well Bossman, you were called out this past Saturday by Rick Martel...and naturally you immediately accepted, which leads us to tonight as you will put the Intercontinental Title on the line against "The Model" Rick Martel..."

Bossman: ""The Model" Rick Martel"? That boy is nothing but a punk! Just another punk who thinks he ca makes his own rules and doesn't have to abide by the law...Well I'm the Big Bossman, I am the Law and Order in the WWF. This Intercontinental Championship is my badge, and no one touches the badge of a lawman, not without feeling the cold feel of steel slapped around there wrists. Rick Martel wants to flaunt the law, well tonight Monday Night Raw is in a police state...and justice will be served!"

Tenay: "Strong words from the Intercontinental Champion...back to you, Vince."

Overall: 71

We return to ringside as Mr. Fuji and the mammoth Yokozuna enter the ring. Fuji takes the microphone from Howard and begins to speak...

Fuji: "Tonight, my Yokozuna challenge any WWF Superstar. Any WWF Superstar in back who think they good enough to beat most dangerous man in WWF...."

Nothing more needed to be said as the lights dimmed and the familiar sound of the gong tolls over the arena. Only a light on the ring remains as Yokozuna looks on with a face of stone. The crowd gets to there feet as The Undertaker and manager Paul Bearer make there way down the aisle.

McMahon: "Oh my! Yokozuna wanted a challenge and I'd say he has gotten one!"

Undertaker makes his way to the ring and the lights come back up as the match gets ready to begin...

Yokozuna lost overness from this segment.

The Undertaker w/Paul Bearer def. Yokozuna - A true clash of the titans as Yokozuna and The Undertaker collided in the middle of the ring. The Undertaker taking Yokozuna's full force and remaining on his feet, stunning the sumo champion. Yokozuna off the ropes and tries again but The Undertaker out of the way then hits the ropes and comes off with a diving clothesline staggering Yoko. Undertaker off the ropes again and tries for another clothesline but Yokozuna catches him with a thrust kick right on the chin sending 'Taker crashing to the canvas. Yokozuna staying right on the attack as he comes off the ropes with a massive leg drop. Yokozuna in control as he works over The Undertaker, trying to wear out the deadman with a number of high impact moves and various nerve holds. Paul Bearer on the outside trying to will his Undertaker on as on the other side Mr. Fuji shouts instructions to Yokozuna in Japanese. As the match progressed Yokozuna seemed on the verge of victory when The Undertaker out of nowhere exploded onto Yokozuna after ducking a thrust kick attempt. Undertaker put his hands to work hammer away on Yoko with rights and lefts to the head and gut. Undertaker took Yokozuna and sent him to the ropes, 'Taker off the other side and came off with a flying clothesline flooring the massive Yokozuna. Undertaker on a roll and looking to put the final nail in the coffin, but that would not happen this night...

McMahon: "Undertaker looking to end things here and...Mr. Fuji on the apron, Undertaker knocks him off, what the? Lex Luger! Lex Luger in the ring and he takes The Undertaker down with a clothesline from behind. The referee calling for the bell, this match is out the window."

Yokozuna disqualified from the match but that doesn't seem to matter now as Lex Luger puts the boots to the deadman. Yokozuna joins in on the attack as he hits Undertaker with a leg drop across the face.

Crowd: 84

Match: 89

McMahon: "Just a two on one assault here, James E. Yokozuna and the "Muscle for Hire" Lex Luger taking The Undertaker apart...I think it's safe to say who's behind this."

Indeed it is as the man behind it sticks his head out, Razor Ramon calmly walks down the aisle with a cocky grin on his face as Yokozuna and Luger continue the assault. Ramon gets to ringside, Paul Bearer tries to step in his way but Razor just hurls him aside. Ramon climbs into the ring and tells Luger ad Yokozuna to back off, Luger follows the order, Yokozuna doesn't at first but Mr. Fuji back up orders his man to leave the ring. Yokozuna exits and he and Fuji leave ringside. Ramon over to Luger and gives him his payment before telling him to leave as well...

McMahon: "The damage already done and Ramon now with a sudden burst of courage, I'd like to see him act like this when he has to look The Undertaker face to face....."

Luger now gone and Ramon just looking over The Undertaker. Ramon pulls The Undertaker up and hooks him up. Razor hoists 'Taker up and hits him with the Razor's Edge!

McMahon: "Razor Ramon adding insult to injury....He knows he can't take The Undertaker on his own so he paid Lex Luger to do his dirty work and now he's picking the bones..."

Ramon strutting cockily around the ring, taunting the crowd....

McMahon: "I don't think The Undertaker has ever been put down like he was tonight...but it took three men to get the job done! Sooner or later Razor Ramon will have to face The Undertaker on his own...we'll see how brave he is then!"

Commercial

Raw returns as once again Mike Tenay stands by in the back, this time with former Intercontinental Champion, Shawn Michaels and the number one contender to the WWF Championship, Ted DiBiase...

Tenay: "Tonight you two will team up to face "Macho Man" Randy Savage and the WWF World Heavyweight Champion, Mr. Perfect. Your thoughts going into this match?"

Michaels: "Thoughts? I have plenty of thoughts, Tenay...I have thoughts about how Randy Savage cost me my Intercontinental Title. I have thoughts about how I can show the world that I deserve a shot at the WWF Championship...but it's not about thoughts, it's about actions. Tonight I'm going to show the world why the HeartBreak Kid, the single greatest wrestler in the WWF will one day be at the top, will be the WWF Heavyweight Champion. Tonight I am going to show the world that Randy Savage is nothing more than a washed up, has been and could never match up with the likes of me...as for Mr. Perfect, I have plenty I could say about him, but I'll leave that up to my partner for the evening..."

DiBiase: "Mr. Perfect, the Million Dollar era begins tonight! Tonight will be nothing but a preview of what is in store for you come WrestleMania! Tonight the "Million Dollar Man" shows the world he is the next WWF Champion, you say you can't be bought...well I've always told the world I can buy anything I want...and if I can't buy it, I take it! Just like I am going to take the WWF Championship from you at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. The setting couldn't be more suitable, a town built on money...the perfect place for my championship reign, and the Million Dollar era to begin. You better believe, no matter what it takes, no matter what the cost, I will walk out of WrestleMania the new World Heavyweight Champion! There is nothing you, or anyone else can do about it, and you can take that to the bank!"

DiBiase and Michaels walk off as Tenay sends it back to ringside...

Overall: 93

Ted DiBiase gained overness from this segment.

Shawn Michaels points of overness from this segment.

McMahon: "Shawn Michaels and Ted DiBiase a confident as ever...but they will have there work cut out for them tonight when they face Randy Savage and Mr. Perfect in our Main Event...but right now it's time for the Intercontinental Championship bout..."

Intercontinenal Chamonship

Big Bossman© def. "The Model" Rick Martel - A stellar Intercontinental Title bout as The Big Bossman defended his title for the first time since winning it at the Royal Rumble. Rick Martel looking to make it his only defense, but that is easier said than done. Martel tried to take Bossman off guard attacking him before the bell, but the Bossman saw it coming and ducked out of the way. Martel driving himself int the corner and Bossman went to work on him as the opening bell rang. Bossman tossing Martel around the ring like a rag doll in the opening minutes of the match. The champion looking to make an example out of Martel as he tried to put him away several times early on. Martel finally able to break away from the grasp of the Bossman and flees out of the ring, Bossman naturally follows out after him. Martel trying to catch his breath as he leans against the ring post. Bossman a little over zealous charges at Martel but "The Model" moves out of the way causing the Bossman to slam himself hard into the steel post. Martel getting just what he wanted as he rammed the Bossman into the post a second time. Martel rolls Bossman back into the ring and went for the pin getting a two count out of it. Martel on the offense from there as he began to work over the legs and back of the Bossman obviously looking to soften him up for the Boston Crab. Martel using all means necessary to keep Bossman from mounting a comeback, but as the match came to it's end nothing The Model could do could stop The Bossman. Bossman fighting his way up, Martel with a thumb to the eye stops him short. Martel takes Bossman down and tries to lock on the Boston Crab but Bossman using all of his leg strength to kick him away. Bossman back up, Martel takes him and sends him to the ropes. Bossman off one side and Martel off the other. Martel goes for a clothesline but Bossman ducks under it, Martel turns around and Bossman hooks him up and nails the Bossman Slam! He makes the cover and gets the three count!

McMahon: "Bossman holds onto the title! What a match, James E."

Cornette: "That it was, McMahon...The Big Bossman with a big title defense under his belt, and he needed that to solidify himself as the champion after winning the title under controversial circumstances..."

Bossman handed the Intercontinental Title and with his hand raised in victory...but Martel with his hands on Bossman's nightstick. Martel from behind drives the weapon into the back of Bossman's knee driving him down to the canvas.

McMahon: "OH MY! Rick Martel not taking this loss well as he is assaulting the Big Bossman with his own nightstick!"

Martel driving the weapon into the back of Bossman's legs and knees over and over again before tossing it to the side and hooking Bossman up in the Boston Crab. Bossman in tremendous pain as Martel pulls back on the hold. The referee trying to talk some sense into Martel, but Rick doesn't let go until he wants to. Martel lets go of the hold as medical help makes it's way down. Martel grabs the nightstick of the Bossman and leaves the ring as Raw goes to a commercial...

Overall: 67

Crowd: 69

The WWF Intercontinental title has lost image.

Commercial

Raw returns to the backstage area as we see none other tan "Macho Man" Randy Savage and WWF Champion, Mr. perfect...and Mike Tenay is there too.

Tenay: "Well "Macho Man", Mr. Perfect. We already heard from your opponents earlier this evening, your thoughts as we are moments away from that match?"

Perfect: "Shawn Michaels and Ted DiBiase think they have everything locked up. They think the match is already won and we don't even need to bother getting in the ring...Well I got news for the both of you, you're stepping into the ring with "Macho Man" Randy Savage and the WWF Champion! Yu're not facing a couple wet behind the ears, untested, unproven rookies...despite what the voices in your heads tell you, you're in for the fight of your life!"

Savage: "OHHH YEAH! I couldn't have said it better myself, champ! Shawn Michaels, you want to show the world you deserve to be the WWF Champion....You want to show the world I'm nothing but a HAS BEEN! Well Shaw Michaels, how are you going to feel when this has been rips you limb from limb and leaves you bloody, broken and BEATEN!"

Perfect: "You were right about one thing though, DiBiase...This is a preview of what's in store at WrestleMania. Just like when I hit Vegas, go to the Blackjack table and hit 21, after 21, after 21, when we get into the ring in Caesar's Palace it will be just like every other night of my life...and just like it will be tonight, absolutely Perfect!"

Savage: "DIG IT!"

And with that Mr. Perfect and Randy Savage walk off as we go to a commercial...

Overall: 89

user posted image

Main Event

"Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase & "The HeartBreak Kid" Shawn Michaels def. Mr. Perfect(WWF Champion) & "Macho Man" Randy Savage - Both teams in the ring, all four men just staring across at each other. The referee trying to get one man from each team to leave the ring so he can start the match. Perfect and Savage exchange a few words and Savage exits. This leads to DiBiase leaving on the other side leaving Shawn Michaels and Mr. Perfect to start things off. Michaels and Perfect square off in the middle of the ring. The HeartBreak Kid getting right into the face of the WWF Champion but Perfect not backing down. Michaels running his mouth like only he can and Perfect not standing for it sits his gum in HBK's face then follows up with a hard slap. Michaels enraged turns and swings at Perfect who was expecting it and nails Michaels with a drop toe hold taking him down to the mat.

McMahon: "Mr. Perfect just lighting a fire under Shawn Michaels there and HBK played right into the champions hands..."

Perfect with the leg of Michaels hooked and locks him in a single leg Boston crab. Michaels looking to break free from the hold, he manages to reach the ropes to force the break. Perfect let's the hold go, both men back to there feet and Michaels slaps Perfect across the face. Perfect just rubs the spot where he got hit and nods at Michaels with a smile. Perfect and Michaels lock up and Perfect with a side headlock on HBK and drags him to the corner and tags to Savage!

McMahon: "Savage tagged in and Michaels quickly breaks free from Perfect's grasp and scrambles to his corner tagging in DiBiase! "The Million Dollar Man" not looking to thrilled about the tag but he reluctantly steps into the ring....and we are going to see a little rematch from last week."

DiBiase eyeing Savage now as the two move in towards each other. Savage and DiBiase go to lock up and DiBiase with a knee lift to the gut of Savage followed up with a forearm across the back of his head. Savage drops to the canvas and DiBiase clamps down on the head of Savage just wrenching his neck.

Cornette: "DiBiase putting the pressure on Savage here, McMahon. He has that hold locked in and the "Macho Man" isn't going anywhere..."

McMahon: "It's going to take a lot more than this to put Randy Savage away though, James E."

DiBiase cranking the neck of Savage as the referee checks in to see if he wants to call it quits, but of course he refuses. DiBiase a little frustrated tat Savage is hanging on and he lets up on the hold and lowers the boom down across the back of Savage's head. DiBiase now taking Savage over to the corner and makes the reach to Michaels for the tag and Shawn happily accepts it....

McMahon: "Shawn Michaels more than happy to get in the ring with Savage now that he's flat on his back..."

Michaels into the ring and puts the boots to Savage as he is down on the mat. Michaels pulls Savage to his feet and nails him with an open hand chop driving him into the corner. Michaels going in and nails Savage with a couple closed fists forcing the referee to step in. The referee warning Shawn about the closed fists but this gives DiBiase the opening to choke Savage out in the corner. Mr. Perfect takes the bait and steps through the ropes, the referee quickly over to cut him off and Michaels and DiBiase now double teaming the "Macho Man" in there corner. Michaels and DiBiase take Savage and send him into the ropes catching him as he comes off with a double back elbow. The referee turns back to the action in time to see Michaels exit the ring, but before he can even question if a tag was made DiBiase drags Savage to the corner and tags Michaels back in. DiBiase pulls Savage up and hits a scoop slam and Michaels comes off the top turnbuckle with a big splash for the pin...

McMahon: "Michaels with the pin and a two count before Mr. Perfect was able to break it up."

Cornette: "Some great tag team skills being show by DiBiase and Michaels, while not used to teaming with each other they are both veterans of tag team competition..."

Michaels after the pin going right back to work on Savage as he takes him up and sends him into the corner. Michaels follows in with a clothesline attempt but gets a boot to the face. Michaels knocked back and Savage follows up with a clothesline of his own. Both men down and both making there moves to there corners. Michaels reaches first and tags to DiBiase, DiBiase rushes in to try and cut Savage off but he's to late!

McMahon: "And here's what we've been waiting to see! Perfect and DiBiase in the ring and it's a WrestleMania preview folks!"

DiBiase takes a step back as Perfect hops into the ring. DiBiase makes is move and takes a swing at the champion but it is blocked and Mr. Perfect drills DiBiase with one of his own. DiBiase hits the canvas after the shot but gets back up only to get knocked back down. Perfect takes DiBiase and whips him into the ropes and catches him coming off with a big back body drop. DiBiase lands hard and backs up into a corner trying to get Perfect to back off but the champion going right in after him. DiBiase on his knees and Perfect over him and starts laying into him with a series of punches but DiBiase grabs the tights of Perfect and pulls him into the turnbuckles. DiBiase buying himself a little breathing room as he gets to his feet but Perfect grabs a handful of hair and tosses DiBiase into the corner.

McMahon: "DiBiase just can not get away from the champion here...if this is a preview of what's to come at WrestleMania it doesn't look good for the challenger..."

Perfect going to work on DiBiase in the corner with a series of chops. The chest of DiBiase turning bright red as Perfect takes him out and sends him into the ropes. DiBiase comes off and ducks a clothesline then quickly turns and clips the knee of Perfect sending him down to the mat. DiBiase with the opening he was looking for as he gets his wind back. DiBiase with the leg of Perfect and pulls it in a direction it should not go and then snaps it. The WWF Champion writhing in pain as DiBiase methodically circles around him. DiBiase again takes the leg and drops an elbow down into the knee of Perfect before locking it up. DiBiase with the hold locked in the middle of the ring. Perfect trying to fight out of it but the pain is to much. The referee checking on him but Perfect will not give up. Savage in his corner trying to will his partner through this. DiBiase lets go of the hold and takes Perfect to the corner and tags Michaels in.

McMahon: "The champion is hurt here but he is far from out of it...but if there was ever a chance for Michaels to make a name for himself, now is the time..."

Michaels taking the leg of Perfect now and puts a boot right to the back of the knee DiBiase was working on. HBK taunting Savage on the apron, "Macho Man" starts to move into the ring but the referee quickly cuts him off. Michaels just grinning as he hooks Perfect up and locks in a figure four leg lock. Perfect in a lot of pain as the referee is right there to ask him if he wants to give up. The champion refusing but Michaels just wrenches back on the hold even harder. Perfect starting to fade and his shoulders go down to the mat, the referee makes the count but Perfect lifts them back up before the three. Savage cheering him on from the apron as the crowd rallies behind him. Perfect feeling it as he uses everything he has to try and turn this move over. Michaels with a look of disbelief in his eyes as he tries to block him but the adrenaline flowing through the champion as he manages to flip it over, but Michaels quickly turns it back again putting them in the ropes forcing the break of the hold.

McMahon: "Perfect able to get out of that hold but I think he used everything he had to do so....Michaels quickly back up and takes Perfect over and tags out to DiBiase."

DiBiase in and goes right back onto the attack. "The Million Dollar Man" takes Mr. Perfect and sends him to the ropes but the knee of Perfect buckles and he goes down, Perfect using the top rope to get back up, DiBiase moves in and Perfect able to make a move and send DiBiase out over the top rope to the floor. Perfect now dragging himself across the ring to his corner. DiBiase on the floor so Michaels rushes into the ring to cut Perfect off but Savage rushes in and cuts him off. Savage nails Michaels with a clothesline ten quickly goes back to his corner just as Perfect reaches it and makes the tag! Savage comes in and nails Michaels again as he was getting up, DiBiase gets back into the ring just in time to get nailed as well. Savage on fire as he takes the fight to both DiBiase and Michaels. Savage goes to the corner and up to the top rope and comes off on Michaels with a double ax handle. Savage right back up top and comes off with another double ax handle this time to DiBiase.

McMahon: "The "Macho Man" had been standing on the apron dreaming of getting into the ring and now he is and he is taking both DiBiase and Michaels apart!"

Savage now taking DiBiase up, Michaels looking to get him from behind but Perfect limps his way into the ring and stops him short. All four men now in the ring as the referee tries desperately to gain some order. e comes up behind Perfect and catches an elbow to the jaw sending him down. Savage and DiBiase's fight spills out to the floor as Perfect and Michaels remain in the ring....

McMahon: "This match is out of control, James E..."

Cornette: "And it looks like it's just going to get even more so because here comes the man you call "Muscle for ire", McMahon!"

Lex Luger showing his face once again as he makes his way down the aisle. Perfect with Michaels and nails him with a scoop slam. Perfect limping around and nails Michaels with a rolling neck snap. Perfect goes for the pin but no referee there...but there is Lex Luger who pulls Perfect off Michaels. Perfect takes a sot but it barely fazes him. Luger just smiles and clotheslines the champion. Luger though pulls him right back up and hoists Perfect up into a torture rack, he holds him up there. Randy Savage tries to get into the ring to aid his partner but Michaels is there and dropkicks him back to the floor. After what seems like an eternity for the champion, Luger dumps him down to the canvas and exits the ring. Savage gets to his feet on the floor but only to be clotheslined by the massive arm of Luger. Inside the ring Michaels wakes the referee up and pins Perfect....

McMahon: "Not like this, neither of those two are even the legal men!"

Cornette: "Ater the shot the referee took I don't think he has a clue who's legal..."

And Cornette is correct as the count is made and the three is reached....

McMahon: "Shawn Michaels just pinned the WWF Champion, but neither him nor Perfect were the legal men in this match..."

Cornette: "It doesn't matter, McMahon...Michaels just got a victory over the WWF Champion, and that's all that matters to him!"

Overall: 88

Crowd: 89

Michaels with his hand raised in victory as DiBiase and Luger get back into the ring. Savage pulling himself up on the floor and into the ring but Luger right there to get him.

McMahon: "Savage trying to come to the aid of Perfect but he is just out matched...My god!"

Luger, DiBiase and Michaels standing tall in the ring when suddenly someone comes flying down the aisle...

McMahon: "IT'S RIC FLAIR! The former WWF Champion!"

Flair hits the ring and like a wild man tackles Shawn Michaels to the canvas. Luger over to pull him off but gets hit with a low blow....and DiBiase gets a thumb to the eyes. Flair taking on all three men, but it can only last so long and Luger hits him with a clothesline knocking Flair for a loop.

McMahon: "Ric Flair is a brave man but I don't think any one man can take on these three..."

As that is said the lights in the arena go out and the familiar "DONG!" rings out. A moment later the lights come back up and we see The Undertaker standing in the middle of the ring. DiBiase, Luger and Michaels in shock, it slowly wears off and Michaels swings at Undertaker only to have it blocked, 'Taker floors Michaels with a shot of his own. DiBiase follows in suit getting knocked to the canvas with a vicious thrust chop to the throat. Luger swings and hits The Undertaker making him take a step back but he then turns and lifts his leg and floors Luger with a big boot to the face.

McMahon: "OH MY! I may have spoken to soon! The Undertaker is taking these three men apart!"

Savage and Flair starting to stir and they take hold of Michaels and DiBiase. The Undertaker with his sights on Luger. Lex stands up and turns into the arms of the Undertaker. 'Taker hoists him up for the tombstone but out of nowhere comes Razor Ramon. Ramon nails Undertaker from behind making him drop Luger. Undertaker turns to face Razor who swings at him but Ramon's punch is blocked and Taker scoops him up. Luger getting back up and goes to stop the Tombstone attempt but r. Perfect cuts him off and....

McMahon: "TOMBSTONE! Ramon just got drilled with that! OH MY! This is nothing but a pier six brawl, ladies and gentleman! What a night this has been but we are out of time! GOOD NIGHT!"

The camera pans back across the arena as DiBiase, Michaels and Luger are going at it with Perfect, Savage and Flair as The Undertaker stands over the body of Razor Ramon as Raw goes off the air...

Show Quality

Overall: 80

TV Rating: 5.66

Attendance: 5039

Ticket Sales: $201,560.00

The Rumor Mill

Word around the WWF looking at reviving Saturday Night's Main Event as a large non Pay-Per-View event similar to that of WCW's Clash of the Champions to be put on duiring the months when there isn't a ay-Per-View schedualed. Rumor has it Jack Tunney will be making a big announcement at the next Monday Night Raw about this.

In other news we've heard of taks between the WWF higher ups and Hulk Hogan. We have been unable to find out just wat the talks were about, but from what we have heard is that both sides have not been happy with what has been said thus far.

WWF scouts have been recently spotted checking out various Japanese wrestlers lately. WWF have already signed Ultimo Dragon to the roster and may be looing to add more stars of the Orient to the roster.

Guest Prototype

Good show. The main event was wild. The Flair turn (Im assuming it was a face turn) was a little out of the blue for me, but it might work. You now have a strong tier of top faces and heels. A Luger/Taker feud might not be that bad.

• 1 month later...

WWF SuperStars

January 30th, 1993

Commentary Team - Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Jerry Lawler def. Max Moon - A simple match as Lawler spent much of the time insulting a few fans in the front row for some heel heat as he picked Moon apart before eventually putting him away with a piledriver.

Overall: 69

Crowd: 64

Match: 75

SuperStars cut away from Lawler as he continued to play with the crowd to the backstage area as Mike Tenay stood by with the WWF Tag Team Champions...

Tenay: "I'm here with Owen Hart and Koko B. Ware, the current WWF Tag Team Champions. Now, Owen you and Koko have recently had some troubles with Rick and Scott Steiner, trouble that started after the match you had with them at the Royal Rumble. Now many consider the Steiner's to be one of the best tag teams in the world and this new attitude only makes them more dangerous and it's only a matter of time until they take the tag team titles, what do you have to say about this?"

Hart: "I think people are entitled to there opinions...but as for the Steiner Brothers taking the WWF Tag Team titles, well that's easier said than done, Tenay."

Koko: "That's right, Rick and Scott had there chance to take the titles from us at the Royal Rumble, and when they couldn't do it they resorted to tactics of cowardly thugs attacking us from behind."

Hart: "If they ever get up the courage to get in the ring face to face with us then we'll gladly give them another shot...but just like at the Rumble we're going to show them that High Energy is where it's at in the WWF right now."

Tenay: "Speaking of title defenses, tonight you step into the ring with a hot young team in Chris Jericho and Lance Storm, what do you have to say about this upcoming match?"

Hart: "Jericho and Storm asked for there chance to show the world what they have. Well tonight they're gonna learn one of the oldest lessons in the world...Be careful for what you wish for, because tonight you're going to get it!"

With that Owen and Koko walk off as SuperStars goes to a commercial...

Overall: 58

Ultimo Dragon def. Kamikaze Kid - A fast paced match between two of the quickest wrestlers in the WWF. the audience sat in awe as Ultimo and KK delivered one high flying move after another, but in the end Ultimo Dragon pulled off the victory after hitting a springboard moonsault for the pin.

Overall: 72

Crowd: 52

Match: 92

Commercial

The New Twin Towers def. Reno Riggins & PJ Walker - Slick strutted down the aisle followed by his newly formed team of Gonzalez and The Berzerker. The match was as one sided as it gets as TNTT beat Riggins and Walker from pillar to post before finally finishing Walker off with a double powerbomb.

Overall: 41

Crowd: 42

Match: 40

Commercial

SuperStars returned as lex Luger stood in the ring...

Luger: "Ric Flair, you have the audacity to attack me like a coward with a low blow....You're a so-called legend in the ring, but if you ask me you're nothing! But I'm not here to waste my breath on a has-been like you...I'm here for one reason, the WWF Champion Mr. Perfect. I told the world I came to the WWF for one reason, Money! Titles mean nothing to me, but, to make real money around here you have to have the gold around your waist...So Mr. Perfect, I'm calling you out. I want you in the ring this Monday night and I'm going to tear you apart just like I'm going to do to someone right now...send out my opponent."

Overall: 79

Lex Luger def. Ross Greenberg - Greenberg stepped into the ring and right into a brick wall. Luger ripped right into him and never let up, after a good three minutes of complete domination by Luger he finally put Greenberg away after a vicious powerslam...but Luger wasn't finished as he pulled Greenberg up and hoisted him into the torture rack as the referee begged him to let him go as SuperStars went to a commercial break...

Overall: 51

Crowd: 49

Match: 53

Commercial

SuperStars returned as once again Mike Tenay stood by, this time with the men who will challenge the tag team champions tonight, Chris Jericho and Lance Storm, The Thrillseekers along with manager Tammy Lynn.

Tenay: "Well, last week you asked for your chance to show the world what you could do and tonight you get the chance as you face the WWF Tag Team Champions..."

Jericho cuts him off...

Jericho: "That's right, we called out the tag team champions and big surprise...They're looking right past us. Well tonight we're going to do just what we said we would and put the gold around our waists and sow the entire WWF...no, the entire WORLD just who the future of this business is!"

Tammy: "You said it, Chris. Tonight, Owen Hart and Koko B. Ware can stop worrying about the Steiner Brothers taking there tag titles from them because those belts will be securely around the waists of the most taleted tag team to ever step foot into a ring, guided by the beauty and the brains possessed by moi."

Storm: "So if you don't mind..we have some titles to win!"

With that the trio walk off as Tenay kicks it back to ringside...

Tammy Lynn gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

High Energy(Owen Hart & Koko B. Ware)© def. The Thrillseekers(Chris Jericho & Lance Storm) w/Tammy Lynn - A great tag team bout for the Main Event as the young team of Jericho and Storm looked to impress and didn't fail to do so, but the tag team champions were right there with them showing them why they had the gold. Owen and Koko thwarted a few attempts of cheating by the rookie challengers, frustrating the young team which in the end led to there downfall as Owen finished Storm off northern lights suplex as Koko kept Jericho from breaking it up.

Overall: 68

Crowd: 58

Show Quality

TV Rating: 5.66

Attendance: 5028

Ticket Sales: $201,120

Competition

WCW Saturday Night

TV Rating: 2.16

Attendance: 5020

Ticket Sales: $200,800

USWA TV

TV Rating: 0.11

Attendance: 339

Ticket Sales: $6,780

Various news from around the Wrestling World

WWF superstar Jim Duggan and WCW star Sting announce they will retire at the end of the month.

New Promotion - United States Pro Wrestling opens

user posted image

Preview

Prime Time Championship

The Dynamite Kid© V/S Ultimo Dragon

"Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase V/S Bob Backlund

High Energy(Owen Hart & Koko B. Ware)© V/S The Steiner Brothers(Rick & Scott Steiner)

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair V/S "HeartBreak Kid" Shawn Michaels

Main Event

WWF Championship

Mr. Perfect© V/S Lex Luger

Plus an announcement from WWF President Jack Tunney, also Rick Martel with an announcement of his own, plus Randy Savage, The Undertaker, Razor Ramon and Yokozuna will all be in the arena and anything can happen, don't miss Monday Night Raw!

Edited by BlackFlagg

Guest Prototype

Glad to see youre still doing this. A Luger/Perfect feud sounds cool. Should solidify Perfect as champ. Surprising that Sting is retiring!

user posted image

February 1st, 1993

Monday Night Raw comes on the air and wastes no time going to the ring where WWF President Jack Tunney stands in the ring....

Tunney: "I promised a big announcement here tonight, and that's exactly what you are going to get. I'm sure many of our long time fans remember a show once ran in the WWF called Saturday Night's Main Event..."

The crowd pops at the mention of the name...

Tunney: "Good, well I'm here to announce it's return! Saturday Night's Main Event will return this month, that's right, Saturday, February 20th is the date... and it will be held in the very arena Saturday Night's Main Event first debuted in, the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island, New York!"

Another loud pop from the crowd as Tunney waits for it to settle down before he continues...

Tunney: "That's just the beginning, I already have four matches to announce. First of all we will see former WWF Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair face the man who will challenge the WWF Champion at WrestleMania, "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase! We will also see "Macho Man" Randy Savage go one on one with Razor Ramon and The Undertaker will take on Lex Luger!"

Once again the crowd goes wild at these announcements, but Tunney holds his hands up to show he's not done yet...

Tunney: "And last but not least, in the Main Event we will see the WWF World Heavyweight Title on the line as Mr. Perfect defends against "The HeartBreak Kid" Shawn Michaels!"

The biggest ovation of the night comes after that as Tunney gives a simple, enjoy tonight's show before exiting the ring and Vince McMahon picks up where he left off..

Overall: 60

McMahon: "What an announcement, James E. Saturday Night's Main Event returns to the arena it was born in and four big time matches announced including a World Title match between Mr. Perfect and Shawn Michaels."

Cornette: "A well deserved title shot for Michaels as he does hold a pinfall victory over the champion from last week's tag team match..."

McMahon: "Not the cleanest or most clear cut victory to say the least...but it does go down as a win in the record book for Shawn Michaels, and has gotten him a chance of a lifetime."

Cornette: "That of course is if Mr. perfect remains the WWF Champion after tonight. He has his first title defense against a very dangerous man in Lex Luger, who could very easily end Mr. Perfect title reign before it gets a chance to get going.."

McMahon: "That very well could be, James E....speaking of titles, we have a title match set to go as The Dynamite Kid defends his Prime Time Title against Ultimo Dragon..."

Prime Time Championship

The Dynamite Kid© def. Ultimo Dragon - A solid opening bout between the Dynamite Kid and Ultimo Dragon, and in eyes of many fans a show stealer. While Dynamite has begun showing signs of the injury that almost kept him from re-signing with the WWF he still managed to bring his A-game to this bout. Ultimo did as well and the two put on an amazing ten minute bout of great mat work coupled with some amazing aerial moves. In the end Dynamite pulled off the victory after Dynamite fought his way out of a Dragon Sleeper attempt and hit a DDT then went up top and finished Ultimo off with his patented swan dive headbutt to retain the title.

Overall: 83

Crowd: 74

Match: 92

McMahon: "Another impressive title defense for The Dynamite Kid here and...what in the world? Here comes Dean Malenko!"

Malenko down the aisle and into the ring where he drills Dynamite from behind and starts putting the boots to him.

McMahon: "Dean Malenko just pearl harbored the Prime Time Champion here and...Where are you going? Well James E. Cornette has just left my side and is heading to the ring now as well.."

Cornette climbs into the ring and appears to give instructions to Malenko as Dean picks Dynamite up and hits a hard back breaker. Malenko then with the legs of Dynamite and locks in the Texas Cloverleaf. Officials in the ring trying to get him to release the hold, finally he does after Cornette tells him to. James E. now with a mic in hand begins to address the crowd...

Cornette: "Tonight is the beginning of the future in the World Wrestling Federation! The Dynamite Kid is the past, he's on his last legs and it's only a matter of time until this man<points to Malenko>, cuts those legs out from under him and takes his rightful place as the Prime Time Champion. Ladies and gentleman, I give you the single greatest wrestlers in the world, and with the mind of James E. Cornette in his corner the next WWF Prime Time Champion, Dean Malenko!"

Malenko takes the mic from Cornette to a chorus of boo's from the crowd...

Malenko: "Thank you James E....this man opened my eyes, he showed me the true potential that I have within me and how to unleash it. Tonight is just the first example, at Saturday Night's Main Event...if he has the guts I'm laying out the challenge, put the Prime Time Title on the line ad I promise you...the results won't be the same as before. This time I will win, this time I will take the last bit of strength Dynamite has left in his body and I will walk out of the ring the new Prime Time Champion!"

Malenko drops the mic and looks down at Dynamite as EMTs look him over and Raw cuts to a commercial...

Overall: 83

James E. Cornette gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

user posted image

McMahon: "Well welcome back to Monday Night Raw...and welcome back to you as well James E. ow what in the world is going on with you and Dean Malenko?"

Cornette: "Business, McMahon. Dean Malenko has all the tools to go straight to the top, and I'm going to make sure he doesn't waste his potential."

McMahon: All I saw was an act of cowardice...but I'm not going to get into that now, we have another match to get to here..."

As that is said the familiar sinister laugh of none other than the "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase blares across the arena and out from the back steps the man himself. DiBiase cockily makes his way down the aisle and into the ring where he takes hold of the mic from Fink...

DiBiase: "I'm about to face a man considered a true WWF Legend, a former WWF Champion, Bob Backlund...a match I requested myself after I heard of Jack Tunney's plan to pt me in a match against Ric Flair at Saturday Night's Main Event. In this match I'm going to take one washed up has-been and show the world and Ric Flair what exactly is in store at Saturday Night's Main Event. Ric Flair, pay close attention to what's about to happen, because it's only a glimpse into your own future, and another step towards the WWF Championship for the "Million Dollar Man"!"

DiBiase drops the mic and stretches out in his corner as Fink picks the mic up to announce his opponent...

"Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase def. Bob Backlund - A solid technical match between DiBiase and Backlund, though the ring rust on Backlund was quite evident and DiBiase took advantage of it. DiBiase putting the screws to Backlund early on working on the neck of the former champion. Backlund battling back though as he fought his way out of several holds, but only to get brought back down either by a rake of the eyes, or a pull of the hair. DiBiase naturally denying all accusations of cheating by the referee, that is until he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar...or should I say on the top rope as he had Backlund in an abdominal stretch. The referee forcibly removing DiBiase's grip on the ropes and Backlund took advantage and locked DiBiase up and nails a back suplex. Backlund went on the offensive from there getting a few near falls on DiBiase and countered several comeback attempts by the "Million Dollar Man"...but eventually DiBiase found his opening and caught Backlund off guard, from there DiBiase locked in the Million Dollar Dream and it was lights out from Bob Backlund.

McMahon: "DiBiase picks up the win here...but he's not letting go of the Million Dollar Dream! Backlund is out cold, this move cuts off the supply of oxygen to the brain and could cause some serious damage if someone doesn't get him to let it go..."

And who better to make him let it go than the former WWF Champion Ric Flair! Flair down the aisle and slides into the ring but DiBiase sees him coming and exits before he gets there. Flair in the ring staring out at DiBiase as Raw goes to a commercial...

Crowd: 81

Match: 91

Commercial

Raw returns as Ric Flair is still standing in the ring....

Flair: "DiBiase, you want to show the world what you're going to do to me at Saturday Night's Main Event? Well, I'm right here! I'm right here, so anytime you want just come on out and I'll show you just how much of a has-been the "Nature Boy" is, baby! WOOOOOO!"

The crowd pops big time and Flair stares down the aisle waiting to see if he answers the challenge...

Flair: "That's what I thought, well I'll see you on the 20th, DiBiase. Now as for you, Lex Luger! Lex Luger, you calling someone else a coward is the biggest case of pot calling the kettle black, jack. You don't want to waste your time on me? On Ric Flair, the only time you'll be wasting with me is the time you're flat on your back, locked in the figure four! I wish you the best of luck tonight, Luger...but win or lose, weather you're the champion or not, sooner or later me and you are gonna tangle, baby! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

The crowd digging every word out of Flair's mouth as he goes on...

Flair: "Now, as for you Shaw Michaels..."Heartreak Kid", you say you're the future of the WWF. You say that time of Ric Flair's and the likes is at an end...Well Michaels I got news for you, the time of the "Nature Boy" never ends! It NEVER ends, you got that? Ric Flair is here to stay, and like so many pretenders to the throne that came before you, you're going to spark and fizzle while the "Nature Boy" will shine on forever! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Flair drops the mic and exits the ring as Raw cuts to a commercial...

Overall: 100

Ric Flair's turn was completed, and he is now a face.

Ric Flair gained overness from this turn.

Ric Flair gained overness from this segment.

As Raw is about to go to commercial we see a shot of the backstage area as we see Koko B. Ware walking down the hall and turns a corner when out of nowhere Rick and Scott Steiner jump all over him. The Steiner's just pummel the defenseless Koko, slamming him down on the concrete floor and throwing him into the walls. Just then Owen Hart comes running onto the scene and the Steiner's take off. Raw cuts to a commercial as Hart looks over his fallen partner...

Scott Steiner lost overness from this segment.

user posted image

Raw returns as "The Model" Rick Martel stands in the middle of the ring. Martel is dressed in a...unusual looking police uniform, the pants cut to shorts and the shirt buttoned halfway up with the top pulled open to show off his oiled chest, and around his waist a jeweled belt. Martel reaches to the belt and pulls out a nightstick, not just any nightstick but the one he took from and used on the Big Bossman the previous week. The nightstick though has a new look, no longer black it is now painted purple with the word "Model Law" in pink letters down the side...

Martel: "Last week, here on Raw I put the Big Bossman down and out of commission. I took his own nightstick and drove it right into the back of his knee before locking him into the most devastating finisher in the WWF, my Model's Hold. Now the WWF is without law and order, and I'm here to deliver the new laws...the Model Laws! These laws are binding and anyone who breaks them has to answer to me! I am the "Model Law" around here, and what I say go...."

Before he can finish his sentence an unexpected person speaks out....

The Mountie: "Now hold on just one second! "Mode Law"? You're a disgrace to all self respecting lawmen! I may not see eye to eye with the Big Bossman but he's a man who respects law and order, and if he's not here to put a stop to this than I guess I'm going to have to do it for him, because I am The Mountie....and I always get my man!"

With that The Mountie rushes down the aisle into the ring. Martel waits and jumps on him as he gets into the ring but The Mountie battles back, Martel tries to swing the nightstick at him but it's blocked and he gets floored by a right hand from The Mountie. Martel wisely rolls out of the ring as The Mountie stands tall in the middle of the ring as the crowd cheers him on...

McMahon: "I never thought I'd see the day when The Mountie would get an ovation like this, James E. Oh my!"

The Mountie's turn was completed, and he is now a face.

The Mountie gained overness from this turn.

Commercial

Raw returns to the backstage area as Mike Tenay stands by with Mr. Fuji along with Yokozuna. Tenay goes to speak but Fuji doesn't let him.

Fuji

: "I here for one reason only, to put out open challenge to any man who think he a match for my Yokozuna at Saturday Night Main Event. My Yokozuna crush all challengers who step into ring with him, and at Nassau Coliseum he do same to any with guts to accept challenge. We show that Yokozuna no longer be ignored, he future WWF Champion and most dominating man in wrestling!"

Tenay: "Anything to add, Yokozuna?"

Yokozuna: "BANZAI!"

Overall: 66

Yokozuna lost overness from this segment.

Tenay kicks it back to ringside as the next match is about to be announced....

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair and "HeartBreak Kid" Shawn Michaels battled to a no contest - A battle of one of the true greats in wrestling against one of the most promising young stars in the business. Flair and Michaels didn't waste anytime getting in each others faces, Michaels trying to get one over on Flair and goes to slap him but Flair blocks it and plants a hard slap of his own across the cheek of Michaels then follows up with a loud "WOOOOOOOOOOOO at HBK before strutting around the ring for a moment. Michaels a bit hot under the collar after the slap from Flair and he goes for the "Nature Boy" but Flair slips out of the way and Michaels misses his mark. Flair right there and nails Shawn with a hard right hand followed up with a chop across the chest.

McMahon: "Flair getting in Shawn Michaels' head and so far it's working. Michaels playing right into the hands of the former champion here, and if he keeps this up he'll find himself on the losing end of this bout."

Flair remaining on the offensive for the early goings of the match as he continued to frustrate Michaels at every turn. HBK trying to get away from Flair and catch a breather on the floor but the "Nature Boy" not about to let that happen as he follows out right after him. Flair laying into Michaels with a couple stiff chops before taking him and sending him into the guard rail, Flair follows in but Michaels catches him coming in with a back body drop onto the arena floor. Michaels with the opening he was looking for and jumped right onto it as he took it to Flair. Michaels with Fair still on the floor takes him up and hits a side suplex onto the concrete. HBK takes Flair back up and rolls him into the ring and goes for a pin getting a two count out of it.

McMahon: "A long two count for Michaels there but it's going to take a lot more than that to put away Ric Flair, he didn't get to where he is by being easy to beat."

Michaels contiuned to work over the former champion for several minutes scoring a few near falls along the way. Flair trying to fight back but HBK stopping him short everytime with a well placed move, out of the referee's line of sight of course. Michaels with Flair down and seemingly out as he takes the legs and begins to hook in the figure four leglock...

McMahon: "Michaels hooking in Flair's on signature move onto him..."

Cornette: "I can't think of a more embarrassing way to lose than with your own move, McMahon...but on the other hand, if Michaels wins with this he will be sending a big signal to every wrestler in the WWF, especially Mr. Perfect..."

Michaels with the hold locked in right in the center of the ring. Flair in tremendous pain as the referee checks in on him but Flair refuses to give up. Michaels sitting up and taunting Flair, Fair sitting up as well trying to get a shot at Michaels but misses. HBK laughing in Flair's face, he closes his eyes and blows a kiss to Flair who somehow manages to sit up a little further and nails Michaels with a hard right hand right on the button. Michaels knocked back hard from the shot, HBK dazed and Flair takes advantage and breaks the figure four, but not all the way, he repositions there legs and hooks Michaels into a figure four!

McMahon: "Flair with the figure four locked in, right in the middle of the ring and Michaels is still a bit loopy from that right hand.."

Michaels looking to be out of it when Ted DiBiase makes his way out from the back. DiBiase gets to ringside but before he can do anything the crowd jumps to there feet as Randy Savage flies down the aisle. DiBiase sees him coming and slides into the ring, Savage follows and starts nailing him with rights and lefts but DiBiase stops him with a low blow. Flair lets go of the figure four and goes for DiBiase. Flair and DiBiase going at it as Michaels and Savage get to there feet, all four men now going at it as the referee calls for the bell throwing the match out.

McMahon: "The referee has obviously lost control of this and has called the match...but I don't think it matters to those four."

The four going at it in the ring as several officials rush out to try and break it up as Raw goes to a commercial...

Overall: 90

Crowd: 93

Commercial

Raw returns to the backstage area as we see Shawn Michaels being pushed to one side by a group of officials and Randy Savage being pushed the other way. Savage eases off to get the officials to let him go, they do and Savage turns around right into a steel chair being brought down across his head. Razor Ramon wielding the chair in hand as he looks down at the fallen Savage, and simply says "I'll see you at Saturday Night's Main Event!" before tossing the chair down and spitting on Savage....

Overall: 92

Razor Ramon gained overness from this segment.

Randy Savage gained overness from this segment.

user posted image

Main Event

WWF World Heavyweight Championship

Mr. Perfect© def. Lex Luger - A match pitting finesse against pure power as Mr. Perfect defended his WWF Title for the first time since winning it at the Royal Rumble against the WWF's "Muscle for Hire" Lex Luger. Luger and Perfect staring at each other, Luger flexes at Perfect to the boo's of the crowd as the champion just flashes his usual cool smile then flexes right back at him getting a massive ovation much to Luger's disliking. Perfect turns and tosses his towel out of the ring and Luger rushes in at him but Mr. Perfect senses it coming and slips out of the way, Luger slams sternum first into the turnbuckles and Perfect dropkicks him in the back as he rebounds back sending him right back into the corner. Perfect then rolls Luger up and rolls him into a pin....

McMahon: "A quick pin attempt by the champion here but Lex Luger easily kicks out of it."

Cornette: "Mr. Perfect hoping to get a quick win by catching Luger off guard but it didn't work this time..."

Luger and Perfect both to there feet and Lex explodes on the champion with a massive clothesline. Perfect drops to the mat and Luger puts the boots to him. Le pulls Perfect to his feet and sends him to the ropes catching him as he comes off with a high hip toss.

McMahon: "OH MY! Luger tossed Mr. Perfect high up on that hip toss, what amazing strength by this man."

From there Luger went to work on the WWF Champion with one power move after another. Perfect sent flying around the ring like a rag doll by one of the strongest men in the WWF. Luger got several near falls over the course of a good solid ten minutes of domination, Perfect managed to get in some offense on the challenger but Luger always managed to find a way to power his way back on top of the champion.

Cornette: "Luger is a dominating force here, McMahon..if this keeps u much longer we're going to have a new Champion."

McMahon: "I can't argue with that, but I wouldn't count Mr. Perfect out just yet."

Luger with Perfect, looking to end things as he goes to hoist him up into the torture rack but Perfect not going without a fight and rakes the eyes of Lex and slips free behind him. Perfect on his feet behind Luger and dropkicks him on the back of the knee sending him down to the other knee. Mr. Perfect off the ropes and nails Luger with a rolling neck snap. Perfect getting his second wind here as he takes the strap of his tights down and pulls Luger to his feet and nails him with a vicious chop across the chest and backs him into the corner. Perfect sends Luger across and follows in jumping onto the second rope then leans back and monkey flips Luger out of the corner.

McMahon: "Mr. Perfect getting something going here and...what the? Oh boy, it's Shawn Michaels, the man Mr. Perfect is set to face at Saturday Night's Main Event..."

Michaels making his way to ringside as Perfect pulls Luger up. Perfect shoots Lex into the ropes and Perfect goes off the other side. Luger ducks a clothesline from Perfect and....

McMahon: "What in the world? Michaels just tripped Luger!"

Luger stumbles and Perfect nails him with a knee lift. Luger slumps down and Perfect quickly hooks him up and hits the Perfect-Plex and gets the three count.

McMahon: "Mr. Perfect retains the title...but did Shawn Michaels help him on purpose? What in the world is going on here?"

Michaels now entering the ring and him and Perfect square off. The two staring at each other but Luger back up and nails Perfect from behind. Michaels and Luger now both working over the WWF Champion when the crowd jumps to there feet...

McMahon: "AND HERE COMES THE UNDERTAKER!"

The Undertaker stalks down the aisle, Luger takes his attention off of Perfect and stands waiting for 'Taker to get to the ring. The Undertaker pulls himself onto the apron and Luger lunges at him but 'Taker blocks the shot and nails Luger with one of his own before entering the ring. Luger goes at him again only to get floored by a vicious thrust chop to the throat. Michaels now turns to face him but runs right into a big boot.

McMahon: "The Undertaker is clearing house here, ladies and gentleman...but we are out of time! We'll see you next week for more Monday Night Raw!"

The camera pans back as Luger and Michaels try to regroup on the floor as The Undertaker stands tall in the ring along with Mr. Perfect....

Crowd: 82

Match: 67

The WWF World title has lost image.

Show Quality

TV Rating: 5.65

Attendance: 5045

Ticket Sales: $201,800.00