Why Does Everyone Hate Linkin Park?

StevenRichardsRules

I like LP, but I don't love them. They're a good change of pace for me when I listen to some of my music because sometimes I just don't feel like listening to the really heavy stuff I tend to listen to. LP is a band that is used as a change of pace for me. It's not like I love them, but to say that they totally suck isn't right either. But alas, it's all a matter of opinion, because frankly, anybody who likes Franz Ferdinand, I find them to have no musical taste because it doesn't match mine. So, you shouldn't really care what EWB or any other board thinks about a band if you like them.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because each and every band member is devoid of any musical talent or creativity whatsoever.

But OMG THE DJ LIKES GUNDAMS SO HE PUTS THEM IN EVERY MUSIC VIDEO HE HAS EVER MADE!!!!

You know what GoGo, you've changed my ways. The Gundams in the video make Linkin Park the greatest band ever. I'll go out and buy their CD's and listen to their music religiously.

For whoever said they liked Mike Shindoa by himself, there are some songs where he is just by himself.

Dedicated, Standing in the Middle and some demos for Hybrid Theory.

Matter of fact, nearly all the demos pre-Ozzfest 2000 Sampler will feature just Mike on vocals, since Chester had yet to join the band.

Quite franky, though, I enjoy Linkin Park. The problem most have with the band is they just got drilled into people's heads over the course of "Hybrid Theory"'s rise to diamond status. No matter how good something may be, once you endure it thousands of times, you're probably not going to enjoy it as much as before.

For what it's worth, though, the band does have talent. For one example, Brad Delson is educated in music theory (and has even penned a few articles in a few guitar magazines concerning the matter).

Everyone should listen to the In The End demo called 'The Untitled'. It's a really good demo for ITE, and Mike has some pretty good lines that they cut out for more... bland ones in the song that came to be on Hybrid Theory.

Also, check out their Hybrid Theory EP stuff. That's their best CD to date, In my opinion.

If you can get your hands on it, get their live cover of NIN's Wish, and their new song with Motion Man called Standing in the Middle. It's great.

For one example, Brad Delson is educated in music theory (and has even penned a few articles in a few guitar magazines concerning the matter).

Knowing theory is worthless when you don't use it...

Not quite. I'm sure there are songs out there (recorded or not) where he's features a more technical style. Even if he doesn't show it, at the very least he's kind enough to help teach others what he knows about the matter.

I like them. Go ahead and do whatever but I have their Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, and Meteora CDs. Althought I really don't listen to Reanimation ( how could the not come up with new songs, but come out with a "remix" album). I think their best album is Hybrid Theory. :thumbsup:

Guest UmpireAJS

They sounded AWESOME when I first heard them, then on the second hearing, they sounded average, but now they absolutely suck.

Plus, bad lyrics, and LOUD music, and repititive stuff.

I don't find anything bad about Linkin Park. I don't listen to lyrics much, just the music. I can memorise the lyrics, but I can do that with any song, provided I keep listening to it for three hours. I like Linkin Park, and anyone who doesn't can keep your opinions to yourselves.