WWF 1990

EWRFan

Guest Prototype

Good show. I like the Savage/Steamboat feud. I too think Owen could be better off as something other than the Blazer. I would be surprised to see Dino and Earthquake win the Tag Tourney now, if the Hart Foundation dont. Ill go with Dino and EQ, though, since I think heel champs make for better feuds.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

OMG's Yakuza Deal

One Man Gang's deal with the Yakuza was apparently going to be played out as ONG buying the contract of The Barbarian from Fuji to become his personal bodyguard. This plan has been ruined due to Barbarian suffering an eye injury in a house show match aganist The Big Bossman. The WWF is considering three men to play the bodyguard role. "The Gladiator" Mike Awesome, who is under developmental contract, Bam Bam Bigelow, who has been interviewed by the company about a return to the promotion and Leon White, aka Big Van Vader in Japan, who has been scouted by the WWF several times, but refused a developmental offer late last month.

As for The Barbarian, he is on the final months of his contract and due to the injury, the WWF is expected to let him go. He joins Virgil as two men the WWF is letting walk out at the end of their contract.

New President for the WWF?

Vince McMahon is not happy with the way the crowd is reacting to WWF president Jack Tunney is his segments lately. Management believes he is loosing his touch and are expecting to replace him soon.

Bruno Sammartino,Bob Backlund and Captain Lou Albano are among the people that the WWF has interviewed about coming in to become the new on-screen president. Tunney is expected to be given a job in the office until his contract runs out or he requests his release. It is no secret that Tunney has wanted to retire for some time now and he has stayed at his spot out of loyalty.

Of the three candidates, Sammartino is the less likely due to his troubled exit from the company some time ago and due to the fact that he wants his son David to return alongside him.

The tag team division

Despite releasing The Bolshevicks, splitting up the Twin Towers and jobbing The Young Stallions and Rythym N Blues, the Tag Team Division is as solid as ever.  The Genius and Terry Taylor are expected to become a full time team and The Lumberjacks are expected to be called up to the main roster after Wrestlemania VI.

Samoan Savage and Gary Hart to the WWF?

NWA's The Samoan Savage and his manager Gary Hart are on the final months of their contracts and rumors about a WWF jump are starting. Samoan Savage is related to Afa, one of the trainers in the WWF and has the monster look that Vince likes to push. Hart has been his manager for a long time, but it is doubtful that he comes to the WWF,specially after the WWF released Queen Sherri for having too many managers.

Japan frustrates the WWF's plans for a junior division

Zero-One has announced it's roster of touring workers for this year, which features Tiger Mask I & II in addition to Wild Pegasus, three men that the WWF was looking to sign for their junior division that was supposed to start after Wrestlemania VI. With this three men out, the WWF might cancel the division alltogheter.

Smark Mark Wrestling Association

This new promotion has opened it's doors and has a ton of good talent at hand for their first show, including former WWF wrestlers Nikolai Volkoff, Al Perez, Ivan and Scott Putski and Queen Sherri, plus Nick Bockwinkle, Colonel DeBeers, Jerry Lawler and Alex Porteau among others.

Hot at CASW

This is what's hot at the WWF's feeder fed.

-" The Gladiator" Mike Awesome. He is working under a "roman gladiator" type gimmnick with full armor. He is showing a lot of promess with his amazing big man arsenal.

- Don Louie Spicolli. He is working under an Italian Mafia gimmnick and is gaining a lot of support for his spoofs on Scarface and The Godfather.

- TNT. Savio Vega is working under this Great Muta ripoff gimmnick and gaining a lot of supporters.

- Wild Tiger. Chris Walker is working under a mask and impressing a lot of people with high risk moves.

WWF Wrestling Challenge

February 07 1990

Fox

Brought to you by Coliseum Video!!! WWF Royal Rumble coming soon

Announcers: Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse Ventura

The Genius has some conditions for Beefcake

Wrestling Challenge opens with The Genius and Terry Taylor standing in the ring.

Genius: "It is common knowledge that Brutus Beefcake has asked the president of the WWF for a hair vs hair match aganist myself. However, it is up to me to accept or decline the match. I value my hair as one of the most precious elements of my body and therefore, I cannot accept the match without some conditions. That is why Mr. Beefcake, I will accept the match for Wrestlemania VI under one condition.....that you manage to defeat my pupil, The Apprentice, Terry Taylor in a no DQ match at Saturday Night's Main Event on February 19th. Why this condition Mr. Beefcake? Simple. I have said it before and I will say it again, you are not at my level of intellect and skill. I sincerely believe that even my young apprentice is more skilled than you are and this is his chance to prove himself to me. I am very confident that on February 19th, my young warrior will defeat you and end all this senseless speculation about me loosing my hair. Thank you and please, bring my opponent down here."

(75%)

The Genius d. Koko B.Ware (7:59)

Very long and entertaining match to kick off the show. Both men traded advantages for the first couple of minutes and Koko actually took The Genius to his limits. It was a little help from The Apprentice that saved the match as Koko had Genius in the air for the Ghostbuster Front Fall Suplex, but Taylor pulled his leg allowing Genius to land on top for a quick two count. The Genius then trapped Koko in the Honor Roll, but to everyone's surprise, Koko managed to break himself out of the pinning predicament. However, The Genius didnt loose his calm and simply nailed Koko with a standing fireman's carry, followed by a Cannonball from the top rope!!! Jesse pointed out that it was The Gravity Effect, which means new finisher for The Genius. The pin was academic to end the match.

Winner: The Genius(OR:68 CR:63 MQ: 74)

The Executioner joins the chain gang

Backstage, One Man Gang and The Nasty Boys are playing poker as Slick talks to somebody at the phone.OMG gets up from his chair and interrupts the conversation.

OMG: "Yo Slick. It looks as if the Bossman has a little friend in that Blue Blazer freak. I was wondering where is my bodyguard. I paid Fuji a lot of money for one and I dont see it."

On cue, the door opens and in walks Mr. Fuji flanked by Bad Company.

Fuji: "Hello Slick-san and One Man Gang-san. You know the purpose of my visit. I have finally found someone adequate at Fuji Dojo to be your bodyguard. His name is The Executioner!!"

OMG: "Executioner huh. I like the sound of that. Now where is he?"

Fuji talks in Japaneese to Pat Tanaka, who then walks out the door and comes in with a big man dressed in leather and his face covered by a leather mask. He stands face to face with One Man Gang. For the looks of it, he has to be at least 6'4" and 380 pounds. He is too short to be Bam Bam Bigelow and too fat to be Mike Awesome. He kinda looks like Leon White so we will go with that.

Fuji: " He is not a man...he is a monster. He is a machine of destruction. Hope it serves you well Gang-san."

Fuji leaves followed by Bad Company as Executioner stands in front of One Man Gang.

OMG: "So...wanna play some poker?"

No reply.

OMG: "Not much of a talker arent you? Then just guard the door."

Executioner moves straight for the door and stands in front of it with almost robotic movements.

Sags: "What a freak. Anyway, I have some business to take care off. Can I take him?"

OMG: "Sure. Let's see how effective he can be"

Sags gets up and motions for Executioner to follow him.

(71%)

Jerry Sags d. Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart (5:51)

This is a preview of the semi-final match between The Nasties and The Harts this monday. Anvil came out with Bret, Sags came out with their new toy, Executioner. He just stood there like a statue with an intense stare, leading to Ventura asking if he was even alive. Match was a power heavy affair between two strong men. When Anvil caught his second wind and started dominating, Sags bailed and tried to get his motorcycle helmet into the ring. This led to the ref and Bret getting distracted and Executioner walked into the ring and sending Anvil into the ropes and back for the Black Hole Slam!!! Executioner then walked out as Sags drops the helmet, gets into the ring and covers for the win.

Winner: Jerry Sags(OR:74 CR: 67 MQ:81)

Rockers/Sheepherders video

A video airs that recaps the whole Rockers and Sheepherders video. It ends with The Rockers challenge to the Sheepherders and then we are cut to the ring.

(72%)

The Sheepherders d. Tim Horner & Barry Harowitz(2:35)

Another squash for the 'herders. Horner is victimized with the Battering Ram and the heels pick up the win. Then Brother Love takes the microphone.

Love: "The Rockers want a match, they have it. I dont mind being locked in a cage like an animal, because the real animals will be in the ring with you!!"

Love does a maniacal laughter and leaves the area.

Winners: The Sheepherders(OR:61 CR:57 MQ:64)

The Million Dollar Man will take on The Ultimate Warrior

We go backstage as Ted DiBiase stands with Virgil at his side.

DiBiase: "I will be the first one to admit that I didnt win the Royal Rumble. I will admit that Mr. Perfect didnt have a prize and refused to sell his shot to me. But one thing is clear, one man is responsible for my decay and that man is The Ultimate Warrior. Warrior, I could do many things. I could pay somebody to beat you down, I could pay somebody to hurt you or steal your title belt. But I wont. You see Warrior, this is personal. That's why I will accept your challenge. For weeks, you have wanted me in the ring and now you have it. Wrestlemania VI, the Intercontinental Championship. I failed to win the world title, but you know what Warrior, I am willing to bet every penny I have in my favor. I am willing to bet everything I have aganist you Warrior, because I will walk out the Intercontinental Champion. One way or the other Warrior, remember, everything has a price for the Million Dollar Man. Which means that one way or the other, I am walking out the winner."

DiBiase does his trademark laugh as Gorilla wonders what kind of maniacal plan DiBiase has for the Ultimate Warrior and what he meant with one way or the other.

(83%)

Ted DiBiase d. Tito Santana (4:55)

We are joined in progress as Santana missed the Flying Jalapeno and DiBiase took control. Virgil is missing from ringside. DiBiase gets the win with the Million Dollar Dream and then refused to awaken him from the hold, until The Ultimate Warrior ran in and forced him to do so.

Winner: Ted DiBiase(OR:79 CR:76 MQ: 83)

Overall: 73%

Good show. DiBiase/Warrior should be a great addition to Wrestlemania, I see DiBiase winning, But I hope Warrior doesn't come out looking to weak, I also see Perfect beating Hogan, A feud between Warrior/Perfect down the line would be great imo. I'm liking OMG's stable and it's going to be cool seeing Bossman handling The Executioner, The Sheepherders Vs. The Rockers should also be good, Keep up the great work man :thumbsup:

WWF Superstars

February 08 1990

USA Network

Brought to you by Nintendo! WWF Superstars on NES for just $39.99!!

Announcers: Vince McMahon & Jesse Ventura

"The Apprentice" Terry Taylor d. Ben Jordan (2:36)

The announcers hype tomorrow's Prime Time in which Terry Taylor will finally team up with Mr. Perfect, but their opponents are not yet decided. Taylor dominated the whole match and this leads to Ventura going into a diatribe about how much he has improved since joining the Perfect side. Taylor wins with the Picture Perfect Kneedrop.

Winner: Terry Taylor(OR:60 CR:43 MQ: 77)

Owen to make his debut tonight

Backstage, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart and Bret Hart are all sitting in the locker room.

Bret: "So guys, tonight I go one on one with Brian Knobbs and tomorrow night we face both of the Nasties in the tag team tournament. Last night, that freak The Executioner costed Anvil the match and I hope we can get a clean match without interference. That's why I want both of you to come down to the ring with me....if you dont mind Owen."

Owen: "Of course not bro, ya know I got your back. But it has to be after my match tonight. Yep, I am making my debut in this show!"

Bret: "That's awesome Owen. Anvil and I will gladly come to the ring with you if you wish"

Owen: "Thanks guys, but I think I will be fine. You have a match to get ready for afterall. Now I better get going..."

Owen leaves.

Anvil: "Do you think he will be fine?"

Bret: "Sure thing....he is a Hart ya know."

(74%)

"The Rocket" Owen Hart d. Reno Riggins(1:55)

Very quick squash for Owen. He comes into the ring and works at full speed, without giving Riggins a chance to catch his breath. Bret and Anvil are shown watching backstage as Owen pummels Riggins and sends him to the ropes....SPEAR!!! Vince calls that the Hart Breaker and Owen gets the duke. Owen then celebrates like he had won the superbowl and leaves backstage as Bret and Anvil are shown standing up and clapping.

Winner: Owen Hart(OR:54 CR:41 MQ:67)

Bossman is not afraid

Backstage, Mean Gene is standing by with the Big Bossman.

Mean Gene: "I am standing by with the Big Bossman. Bossman, your war aganist crime has escalated as One Man Gang has brought in his chain gang composed of The Nasty Boys and this new huge man named The Executioner. Aint you afraid that one man wont be enough to stop this gang?"

Bossman: "I am not afraid Mean Gene. I am not afraid of four men that weight over three hundred pounds each. You know why? Because I have had it worse back at Cobb County. The Chain Gang is a menace to the WWF, a menace to society and I wont stop until I put them down once and for all."

Mean Gene: "But it seems you are not alone in this war with this mysterious enigma known as The Blue Blazer coming to your aid last week"

Bossman: "Yeah. I dont know who he is or why he did it, but I feel this man has one mission and that is to stop crime and hey, anyone who feels that they can contribute to society is such a meaningful way is fine by me. I want to thank him for saving me from the Chain Gang and I know that I am not alone in this war, that other wrestlers in the WWF will join my fight. The fight of all of us, the fight aganist crime. Now to make sure that no more shenigans go around tonight, after my match I will join The Hart Foundation in their corner to prevent this Executioner from interfering."

Bossman spins his nightstick and leaves to the ring.

(68%)

Big Bossman d. Iron Mike Sharpe (0:37)

Talk about a squash. Sharpe attacks Bossman before the bell, but Bossman makes a quick comeback, two punches, a whip to the ropes and the Bossman Slam for the win.

Winner: Big Bossman(OR:59 CR:41 MQ:71)

Heenan sends a message to Andre

We go backstage where Haku is yelling and screaming about a headache and Heenan is talking to the fans.

Heenan: "Andre the Giant. This is all your fault. Haku has a terrible headache, he cant sleep, he cant eat thanks to you. But you know what? All of this is coming to an end at Wrestlemania VI. This man is enraged and he is going to end your career. No more Eight wonder of the world. No more eight feet tall freak. Your sickness is not going to end your career, the wrath of Haku will. Because after Wrestlemania VI, the only thing that the fans will remember about you is how you where dropped by the Thrust Kick and counted down one two three in front of over one hundred thousand people."

(91%)

Haku d. Jim Powers (2:25)

It seems The Young Stallions are still suffering from their no selling debacle at the Royal Rumble. Haku manhandles Powers with ease and then drops him with the Thrust Kick for the win. The music of Andre the Giant plays over the speakers and Haku suffers a terrible headache and runs away.

Winner: Haku(OR:65 CR:59 MQ:71)

Bret "The Hitman" Hart/with Owen Hart & Jim "Anvil" Neidhart & Big Bossman d. Brian Knobbs/with Jerry Sags & One Man Gang & Executioner & Slick (6:33)

Plenty of shennigans in this match with things breaking out into a brawl outside. Executioner manhandled Neidhart as Owen and Sags traded blows and Bossman and Gang went at it. Slick tried to intefere, but was pulled from the apron by the Bossman and sent aganist OMG. In the ring, Bret worked the leg of Knobbs and won clean by submission with the Sharpshooter. Things got hectic again as The Hart Foundation and The Nasty Boys brawled, Owen got knocked out by The Executioner who then attacked Bossman from behind and gave him the Black Hole Slam on the concrete to end the show as Vince and Ventura speculated if even the Big Bossman can take on this man known as The Executioner.

Winner: Bret Hart(OR:75 CR:72 MQ:79)

Overall: 69%

Good show, I liked how Owen wrestled as himself instead of the Blazer, And how no one seems to have a clue who the Blazer is. I got a feeling you're going to have someone other than Owen turn out to be the Blazer, Anyways, Looking forward to SNME and keep up the good work :D

WWF Prime Time Preview

With less than two full weeks until Saturday Night's Main Event at the Boston Garden in Boston, Mass. the WWF has one action packed show coming at ya this week.

The last semi-final match for the WWF Tag Team Title Tournament will be at this show as The Hart Foundation collide with The Nasty Boys. Also at this show, a special edition of The Perfect Challenge as Mr.Perfect will team up with "The Apprentice" Terry Taylor to face any team in the WWF that accepts their challenge. Also, after saving the Big Bossman from a beatdown, The Blue Blazer makes his official in-ring debut at this show when he takes on Ted DiBiase's servant Virgil. Talking about DiBiase, he has accepted the Ultimate Warrior's challenge and they will face off for the Intercontinental Championship at Wrestlemania VI. Both, Warrior and DiBiase will be at hand in this action packed edition of Prime Time Wrestling.

• 2 weeks later...

WWF Prime Time Wrestling

February 09 1990

USA Network

Brought to you by Hasbro! WWF Series #2 coming soon

Announcers: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby Heenan

The Blue Blazer d. Virgil (2:03)

The announcers start by mentioning that Virgil has been left alone by Ted DiBiase recently since Ted wants to focus on the Ultimate Warrior and is unhappy with Virgil for bringing him such trouble. The Blue Blazer's entrance is fabolous as the same phrases from his debut are repeated with cartoon superhero-like voice and then smoke comes from the ramp....only for the Blazer to drop down from the rafters behind his opponent.

When the bell rings, Virgil tries to cheat early by using an eye gouge out of a collar and elbow tieup, but the Blazer shrugs it off and takes him to the mat with amazing fluidity is his motions. From then on, The Blue Blazer uses a variety of moves in which he sprung from the ropes and looked like a mexican luchadore, before putting Virgil away with a moonsault, which Monsoon named "The Fall from the sky" for the win. Really bad match due to Virgil's no selling.

Winner: The Blue Blazer(OR:61 CR:67 MQ:50)

Beefcake/Genius video

A short video detailing the Beefcake/Genius feud was shown culminating with the "official" announcement of the Beefcake/Taylor match for Saturday Night's Main Event and if Beefcake wins, he gets Genius in a hair vs hair match at Wrestlemania VI.

(69%)

Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake d. Bob Bradley(1:11)

Quick squash as Beefcake wins a collar and elbow tieup and proceeds to dismantle his opponent with his boring array of punches and kicks, before putting him away with the Sleeper Hold. Beefcake then proceeded to cut Bradley's hair and looking at the camera trying to send a message to Genius.

Winner: Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake(OR:49 CR:41 MQ:57)

WWF Tag Team Title Tournament Video

A video plays showing the finishes to all the WWF Tag Team Title Tournament matches and it ends with "The Hart Foundation vs The Nasty Boys next!"

(60%)

WWF Tag Team Title Tournament Semifinals:

The Hart Foundation d. The Nasty Boys (9:33)

Excellent PPV quality stuff. This teams pulled out all the stops to put on an excellent performance. Bret Hart was face in peril for most of the match and almost got beaten after the Pit Stop, but Neidhart broke it up. The same thing happened later when The Harts nailed the Hart Attack on Sags and Knobbs broke it up. The finish comes when Knobbs falls to the Hart Attack and then Neidhart dumps Sags while Bret covers for the win.

Winners: The Hart Foundation(OR:80 CR:75 MQ:86)

Video of the Rockers/Sheepherders feud...and Tunney announcement!!

We get the same video from the last couple of weeks and then we are taken to President Tunney's office.

Tunney: "Ladies and gentlemen, fans of the WWF. Since many fans and wrestlers alike have called my decision to leave The Rockers and The New Zealand Sheepherders out of the WWF Tag Team Title Tournament, I have decided to add another stipulation to their 2 out of 3 falls match at Saturday Night's Main Event. Besides the stipulation that Brother Love will be locked inside a steel cage at ringside, I have determined that the winner of this match will become the #1 contenders at the WWF Tag Team Titles and will be granted their championship match at the main stage, at the grand daddy of them all, Wrestlemania VI. I hope that with this decision I can be forgiven for leaving them out. Thank you and enjoy the rest of the show."

(79%)

Shawn Michaels/with Marty Jeanetty d. Butch/with Luke & Brother Love(5:34)

Butch's bad workrate was exposed in this match, but with the hot crowd for this feud it didnt matter. Michaels is worked over to get the crowd on fire and then he makes the comeback to win the match with the Rocker Dropper to a huge reaction. I bet Vince is seeing dollar signs in Michaels after that reaction. The Rockers and Sheepherders proceed to leave the area brawling.

Winner: Shawn Michaels(OR:78 CR:84 MQ:66)

Warrior is ectasic

Backstage we go with Mean Gene and the Ultimate Warrior. Before Mean Gene even talks, Warrior takes the microphone away.

Warrior: "I am sorry Mean Gene, but I cant hold back my excitement. Finally Ted DiBiase has agreed to step in the ring with me at Wrestlemania VI. Finally true evil will be stopped. No more attacks from behind, no more numerical advantage, just one warrior aganist true evil the way it is meant to be. Ted DiBiase....the Million Dollar Man who fuels evil true the use of money and power, your reign of terror will come to an end and the spirits, the Gods, the powers of the Warrior will all be proud of my accomplishment."

Warrior storms off to the ring as Mean Gene says that he has an Intercontinental Title Match next.

(76%)

WWF Intercontinental Title Match:

Ultimate Warrior d. "The Model" Rick Martel(2:12)

It would have been a total squash if it where not for Martel using his "perfume" to blind Warrior and gets some shots in. You know the rest, Warrior comeback, a couple of clotheslines and shoulderblocks, Gorilla Press and Splash and that's all she wrote. Ted DiBiase then comes out and brawls with Warrior, surprisingly going toe to toe with him until ref's pull them apart.

Winner: The Ultimate Warrior(OR:68 CR:70 MQ:64)

The Perfect Challenge....SURPRISE?

Mr. Perfect comes out with Terry Taylor and they stand in the ring.

Perfect: "Ok smucks, you know the drill, I make the challenge, you come out and loose. In this case, two superstars will emerge as losers. So come on, bring them out."

REAL AMERICAN BLARES OVER THE SPEAKERS AND OUT COMES HULK HOGAN WITH ANDRE THE GIANT!!!

Hogan: "So you wanted to make a challenge brother. Well, The Hulkster is here and look who has come out with him, the eight wonder of the world. Yes, Andre is not yet 100% but he is very close to that and I am sure we can provide you with the challenge you requested brother. So ring the bell and watcha gonna do when Hulk Hogan and Andre run wild on you!!!"

The bell rings as Mr.Perfect looks shocked and afraid of what's coming. His expression is worth the price of admission.

(87%)

Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant d. Mr. Perfect & Terry Taylor

Perfect composes himself and acts all tough and wants to be in first aganist Andre. It backfires since Andre chops him down and Perfect runs to the corner and tags in Taylor. Poor Taylor is manhandled and runs to the corner but Perfect refuses the tag. He finally tags in and tells Andre that he wants Hogan. As Andre turns for the tag, Perfect attacks him from behind and controls him for a while. Andre's selling is horrible, but that can be expected. Andre finally chops Perfect down and tags in Hogan who comes in like a house on fire. Big Boot, but when he goes for the Legdrop, Taylor pulls his leg and this gives Perfect enough time to bail. Back in the ring and Perfect tags in Taylor and walks out!! Taylor is left alone and is pinned by Hogan after the Running Legdrop. Hogan points at Perfect and talks smack, but Perfect responds with a "too smart" gesture. Heenan defends Perfect by saying that Perfect is a smart man and he wont risk getting hurt prior to Wrestlemania.

Winners: Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant(OR:70 CR:74 MQ:63)

Overall: 70

user posted image

Saturday Night's Main Event Preview

Wrestlemania VI Preview!!

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant vs Royal Rumble Winner Mr. Perfect & Haku

Few will argue that the two biggest matches at Wrestlemania VI will be the WWF World Championship match between Hulk Hogan and the man who shocked the world when he won the Royal Rumble, Mr. Perfect and the grudge match between the eight wornder of the world Andre the Giant aganist the always dangerous Haku, the clash of the colossal connection. When you take this four men and put them togheter in one tag team match, fireworks can be expected. Who will come out on top and send a message to their Wrestlemania opponents?

WWF Tag Team Title Tournament Finals:

The Hart Foundation vs Earthquake & Dino Bravo

Both teams endured the competition of the tournament and reached it's final with the goal of becoming the new tag team champions. The Hart Foundation is one of the most dinamic teams in the WWF, they know each other like the palm of their hands and can create some amazing combinations in that ring. But their opponents are two of the strongest, biggest men in the WWF. The 400 pound Canadian Earthquake, a force to be reckoned with in the WWF and "Canada's Strongest Man" Dino Bravo,a solid, brick wall of muscle. The Hart's have the tag experience, but Bravo and Quake have the strenght and size advantage. Two great teams...only one will emerge as champions.

2 out of 3 falls and Brother Love will be locked in a cage at ringside.The winning team will get a WWF Tag Team Title match at Wrestlemania VI:

The Rockers vs The New Zealand Sheepherders

One of the hottest feuds in the history of the WWF as the lovable Bushwhackers turned into savage beasts after being left out of the tag team title tournament and destroyed everything in their path. But one young team, The Rockers, stepped up to the plate to try and stop this fearsome duo. They have clashed time and time again and everytime one man, the 'herders manager Brother Love, seemed to be the ace in the hole that allowed the 'herders to walk off the winners. But now, the ace in the hole is the ace in the cage where he wont be able to help his team and the playing field has leveled. Finally, the best team will walk out the winner.

If Beefcake wins he earns a hair vs hair match aganist The Genius at Wrestlemania VI:

Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake vs "The Apprentice" Terry Taylor

The Barber was eliminated from behind by The Genius at the Royal Rumble. This seemed to drive him insane and now he wants The Geniuses hair. He will get his match if he defeats Terry Taylor, the apprentice and pupil of The Genius and Mr. Perfect. Experience vs Youth, Scissors vs Chalk, Barber vs Apprentice.

Plus:

Your favorite superstars will be at hand. Which rivalries will add another chapter to their stories, which challenges will be made for Wrestlemania?

Guest Prototype

Saturday Night's Main Event

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant vs Royal Rumble Winner Mr. Perfect & Haku

WWF Tag Team Title Tournament Finals:

The Hart Foundation vs Earthquake & Dino Bravo

2 out of 3 falls and Brother Love will be locked in a cage at ringside.The winning team will get a WWF Tag Team Title match at Wrestlemania VI:

The Rockers vs The New Zealand Sheepherders

If Beefcake wins he earns a hair vs hair match aganist The Genius at Wrestlemania VI:

Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake vs "The Apprentice" Terry Taylor

• 5 weeks later...

WWF Wrestling Challenge

February 11 1990

FOX

Brought to you by Hasbro! WWF Series #2 coming soon!!

Announcers: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

The Genius d. Hercules Hernandez(4:55)

Match starts with Genius escaping various grapple attempts and pointing to his head. The taunting backfires as Hernandez almost rips his head off with a clothesline. Genius pinballs around selling Hercules strikes and Hernandez starts working for the Full Nelson. Genius makes it to the ropes prior to the hold being properly locked in, but Hernandez gets him on the third try. Genius struggles trying to set himself free as Terry Taylor comes out and distracts the referee. Genius with a low blow mule kick and free's himself from the hold. Brutus Beefcake runs in and brawls with Taylor. The distraction allows Genius to get his poetry roll and knock Hernandez with it, followed by the Gravity Effect for the win. Genius doesnt have any time to celebrate as Beefcake runs him off with the scissors.

Winner: The Genius(OR:68 CR:63 MQ: 74)

A video airs detailing the events between Big Bossman and One Man Gang (78%)

One Man Gang d. Denny Brown (0:34)

Brown runs in and ducks a clothesline from OMG and looks for a crossbody, but OMG catches him and slams him down. 747 Splash follows and OMG wins the match. Heenan says that this is one of the fastest wins in WWF history as Monsoon says that he wont be able to do that to the Big Bossman and that is why he is ducking Bossman and refusing to face him in the ring.

Winner: One Man Gang(OR: 46 CR:36 MQ:56)

"Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich d. Virgil(2:54)

Our throwaway match of the week. Tornado was very motivated, but Virgil no sold many attacks and crapped on the match. He should be next in the unemployment line. THE DISCUS PUNCH OF DOOM finishes for Von Erich.

Winner: Kerry Von Erich(OR:57 CR:63 MQ:46)

Haku is not afraid of Andre

Haku comes out to the ring for his match as Heenan gets up from the announce table and comes into the ring.

Heenan: "Dorks and idiots in the audience, what you see here is the face of no fear. The face of Haku. This is the face of the man who will take out Andre the Giant forever. As you already know, Haku and Andre are supposed to go one on one at Wrestlemania VI, but he wont make it there, oh no. President Tunney signed a tag team match for Saturday Night's Main Event in which Hogan and Andre will face Mr. Perfect and Haku and trust me, their is no chance in hell that Andre is walking out of that match. Andre, face facts, you are over the hill, you cant even walk anymore. I bet it takes you 15 minutes to sit down and 30 minutes to get back up(TONS OF HEAT). How do you expect to beat this man? If you think your headbutt...."

At this point Haku grabs his head and starts yelling "Headache!!"

Heenan: "Calm down Haku, it's nothing. Andre, dont even think that was you, it's just that Haku suffers from migrane, that's all! You have nothing to do with that. Nothing, nada, zero. The bottom line is that Haku is going to run circles around you and chop your head off with the Thrust Kick...and that Andre, is a fact!."

(78%)

Haku d. Koko B.Ware(3:01)

Koko B starts the match on fire, using Haku's headache to his advantage and catching him off guard. He makes the mistake of going for the Ghostbuster too soon and Haku counters out with a chop to the throat. Haku dominated the rest of the way and then delivered a big headbutt, mocking one of Andre's trademark moves before delivering the Thrust Kick and pinning Koko.

Winner: Haku(OR:67 CR:63 MQ: 71)

Ultimate Warrior/Million Dollar Man Video(75%)

The Ultimate Warrior d. Bad News Brown(2:11)

BNB attacks Warrior when he was coming into the ring, but it is no sold. Warrior with punches, but BNB gets an eye gouge and bodyslams Warrior. He tries to drop an elbow, but Warrior moves!! He shakes the ropes and delivers three shoulderblocks, three clotheslines and the Gorilla Press/Splash combo for the win. Nice reaction to Warrior as he poses with the Intercontinental Title and the announcers talk about DiBiase's odds to beat Warrior at 'Mania. Heenan said "When you have millions of dollars at your disposal, no one bets aganist you." All of this seems to indicate at DiBiase winning at Wrestlemania because of somebody else.

Winner: Ultimate Warrior(OR:71 CR:75 MQ: 65)

Overall: 67%

• 7 months later...