Fred Durst: "I'm Not A Poser"

tristy

Did you write the official rule book of "redeeming features in a band"? You know, not every band has to be amazing, nor does everyone have to like a certain a band. Limp Bizkit had its share of fans, and still does, that like them for what they are. God, not everyone needs to be into power metal or super hardcore thrash metal or whatever. Maybe to you Durst is "whiney" and "poppy", but his band has sold millions of records and has created songs that are appealing and catchy to the masses. Nothing wrong with that.

Er...I don't remember saying that everyone had to like the same kind of music, hence saying that I see no redeeming features in the band, not that there are no reedeming features.

Also, if you'd read any of my music-related posts in the forum you'd know that I have little problem with "poppy" music, being the hardcore Alex Parks fan that I am, and don't recall anywhere in this thread having accused Fred Durst of being "poppy". And as for "power metal" and "super hardcore thrash metal", thanks all the same, but I'm more of a Rockabilly man myself.

And don't use the "they've sold millions of records" excuse in a music argument ever.

EDIT: And to give the devil their due, I like their cover of Faith.

Edited by Skumfrog

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate Fred Durst, he's more comic relief than villain. I don't even mind Limp Bizkit's music, but isn't Fred Durst going after posers kind of like OJ hunting down the "real" killer?

As is Faith, even though it's a George Michael/Wham cover. It's awesome.

George Michael cover. The original is dozen times better. Not because I dislike limpbizkit, simply because George Michael is a genius.

I won't say anything about limpbizkit besides this: they'd probably have a lot more fans if Fred just stuck to the music.

Guest Bluesman

So wait...fabricating tales of sexual dealings with a pop singer to "excuse" his duet with her doesn't count as being a poser?

Three Dollar Bill is fantastic. Their other stuff hasn't really done anything for me, besides the odd track here or there. Indifference!

I like some songs of thiers, but all in all, they don't do a lot for me. However, I don't hate Fred Durst, as he hasn't done anything to me personally, so no reason for me to.

Also, as someone else said, I think he created many posers, rather then being one himself...

Pollution > Rearranged > No Sex > The rest.

Oh and Metallica's Sanitarium >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LBs.

Yeah, I always thought that Rearranged and No Sex were easily two of the best songs they ever did.

And anyone who thinks LB's cover of Sanitarium is better than the original (considering I don't mind LB's version of it) might actually be deaf....