Eastside Hockey Manager/NHL:EHM

CKN

To what?

(I'm running regular EHM right now so I can't sign into MSN, AIM, and IRC all at once)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played as Ottawa.

I admit this is kind of confusing at first....Does anyone know if you can just sim games instead of play them or if you can only play the games.

Plus I found the OHL so hopefully you can play as them in the final version.

I admit this is kind of confusing at first....Does anyone know if you can just sim games instead of play them or if you can only play the games.

I was wondering the same thing too, there must be a way...

I played as Ottawa.

Plus I found the OHL so hopefully you can play as them in the final version.

Click your name... go to general manager options... and put coach games yourself to no. Then it sims the games.

Guest bruins72

Heh, I just noticed you need to roll 4 defensive pairings.

You don't have to fill in the fourth pair. Once the preseason is over, you dress 20 instead of 23 players. By not dressing the 2 extra defensemen, it cleared out my fourth defense pair but still lets me play.

It's gonna take some getting used to, but looks good, and its a beta so yay.

Who'd everybody do a game with? I did Atlanta.

Yeah, I'd kill for a good help file or manual right now. I think there are a lot of things that I just can't find where to go to do them. It's definately going to be fun though. So the demo lets you play 1 season. Have you heard anything about a time limit? Can we just keep starting over with a new season over and over until the full game is released?

Of course, I took the Boston Bruins as my team to control. I'm kind of doing poorly right now. I've got to figure out my coaching technique. One thing that kind of bugs me is that staff can be signed away from you even if you've got them signed to a long-term contract. They just have to pay compensation. I had a ton of team trying to sign my assistant coach, Wayne Cashman, to an assistant GM job. Eventually they signed him away (even though I had him signed through 2007) and I got compensation.

The game is hard as fuck to get around in, especially if you haven't played CM before.

To whoever said "It's just a copy of CM with different stats", um, well - the interface and engine are the same as CM. The actions of players/coaches, and in-game stuff are completely different.

But the engine is the same as CM.

Mostly everything will be fixed, as this beta version is actually quite old, apparently. There have been numerous updates since.

Having the coach do your duties is a terrible thing, especially in pre-season. The coach makes horrible line combinations, and sends down regular players to the farm, making them eligible for waivers [which means you'll probably lose them].

The beta version isn't so impressive, and certain things will suck terribly in the full version, but it does have me frothing at the mouth for the full version. NOW NOW NOWWWW/

PS - for those who want a direct download, as opposed to a BitTorrent d/l:

http://www.edinburgh-capitals.com/downloads/ehmbetademo.exe

Edited by grind your soul

PS - for those who want a direct download, as opposed to a BitTorrent d/l:

http://www.edinburgh-capitals.com/downloads/ehmbetademo.exe

error 404: File not found

The document you requested is not found.

Guest bruins72

Having the coach do your duties is a terrible thing, especially in pre-season. The coach makes horrible line combinations, and sends down regular players to the farm, making them eligible for waivers [which means you'll probably lose them].

It seems like it's all or nothing when it comes to coaching/auto-sim. I wanted to auto-sim my game using my line combos and tactics but it doesn't seem to allow that. If I do that, the stupid coach plays everyone out of position and screws my lines up. I'm hoping this is addressed in the final version.

Is it July yet? Despite the problems (and difficulty), I'm really enjoying this game.

Perfect time to get the demo, I just overwrote my firesale save. RIP Firesale. :(

Thank you, Sean.

It's a confusing interface. I don't understand what I'm doing. And I made it crash twice.

EDIT: MARKOUT! I CAN FINALLY DOUBLESHIFT! NOW TO CELEBRATE I HAVE DOUBLE SHIFTED EVERYONE!

post-4-1085784094.jpg

I predict half my team dies from exhaustion before the preseason is over!

Edited by SeanDMan

Guest Takayamanofear

I am going wait till the Gold demo comes out before I try to play it. The beta demo is nice just to see who and what is going be in it. I also want to point out this is the game as of 5 weeks ago. It is not their most recent a lot of stuff has been added and fixed.

Guest bruins72

It doesn't seem to allow you to spend any money to resign players. I've got an unhappy player (Raycroft) because his contract will expire in 6 months. It won't let me offer any of my players more than 10K. This is just something with the demo, right?