Poker

TOG

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive played on Pacific Poker and PokerChamps. On Pacific, ive won 5 tourneys where it was 900 or more people (2 limit, 3 no limit) and maybe 6 more that were between 400-800 people. On PokerChamps, I have yet to win 1 even though ive placed between 2nd and 12th like 20-30 times. Ive probably played those places for about a year and a half now.

As far as the comment about the loose play at Party goes, generally loose play is to be expected when playing play money, but nothing comes near what I saw at Party.

PP has a lot of new players who are just learning to play, so I assume that may have something to do with it. I've been playing on Full Tilt for the last day or so and I prefer it due to people not going all in/playing to the River on every hand.

I play more home games, and I'm not gonna bother starting a real money account online. The best I finished in one of those free rolls was 2nd, and that's because I had to sit out so I could go to work.

Best I've finished in real life was 1st place in a 24 person tournament, cashing out with 60% of the pot, aka 144 dollars.

Most I've ever won in one tournament was 10,755 dollars. That was 11th place at a WPT championship at the Palms in Vegas. I was knocked out with pocket queens too, the guy had king jack and caught a king on the turn. Pissed me off.

So Pepsi who wins you or Annie?

I used to play real money on PokerRoom all the time. I built my roll from $50 to $250 in just over a month playing 5+1 SnG's and rings. In the past few months though I've been playing in a lot of local tournies and home games. The most I've won in a live tourney is $150 for finishing third in a game with 100 people at a $10+5 buyin.

I'm definitaly up for a EWBWSOP as long as the buyin was under $10.

• Admin

Yeah, you could count me in for an EWBWSOP too. Would be ten times better than these damn freeroll tournaments where idiots go all in with a 2-5 offsuit first hand, then somehow manage to hit a Full House along the way.

Once finals are done its going to be a huge poker weekend around here. I cant wait for it. Last weekend I took 140. I found a new group of people to play with that arent very good, but its a better environment there (they have a real poker table etc).

Someone needs to set up the EWBSOP, it's going to be sweet.

Guest Mr McFarlane

I used to play real money on PokerRoom all the time. I built my roll from $50 to $250 in just over a month playing 5+1 SnG's and rings. In the past few months though I've been playing in a lot of local tournies and home games. The most I've won in a live tourney is $150 for finishing third in a game with 100 people at a $10+5 buyin.

If I remember correctly she's played with Annie and they hit it off.

Guest Mr McFarlane

If I remember correctly she's played with Annie and they hit it off.