The Urban Music Thread

Guest Blade

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Blade

If Mobb and MOP join the labeel then godo for them to get bigger those two groups to me should be toppin the charts they have all the right skills except for a good enough label.

Papoose some what confuses me sometimes i can listen to all his stuff and most of it makes sencse while other bits don't but IMO he will go far state side.

Anger Management 3 will be awesome if they bring it to the u.k. i went to tour 2 with my grand mother and she loved it as much as i did Xzibit,Obie,Cypress, D-12 and Em were all fab throughout eeven with the rain marching down on us.

Speaking of D-12 who do you guys think is the best out the group and no you can't pick eminem IMO its either proof or kuniva whos the best when not choosing em

If Mobb and MOP join the labeel then godo for them to get bigger those two groups to me should be toppin the charts they have all the right skills except for a good enough label.

Papoose some what confuses me sometimes i can listen to all his stuff and most of it makes sencse while other bits don't but IMO he will go far state side.

Anger Management 3  will be awesome if they bring it to the u.k. i went to tour 2 with my grand mother and she loved it as much as i did Xzibit,Obie,Cypress, D-12 and Em were all fab throughout eeven with the rain marching down on us.

Speaking of D-12 who do you guys think is the best out the group and no you can't pick eminem IMO its either proof or kuniva whos the best when not choosing em

Guest Blade

indeed i did cloudy only cos everyone else was busy or couldnt go with me and no one from the family likes rap except my nan and ma uncle but ma uncle was away

Guest N9Ne

Anger Management 3  will be awesome if they bring it to the u.k. i went to tour 2 with my grand mother and she loved it as much as i did Xzibit,Obie,Cypress, D-12 and Em were all fab throughout eeven with the rain marching down on us.

I Picked Up Lost And Found, Will Smith's new Albumn today and i am very dissapointed Will normally sends out some catchy tracks that make you feel good but this Albumn is more focused to the slow dance songs.

It aint shit on his Greatest Hits Albumn

Also i am thinking of picking up Ludacris's Red Light District Tomorrow is it any good and worth the money?

Seeing as how DMX is getting ready to put out his next album, Here We Go Again, on July 19, you're probably thinking you must've misunderstood him when he announced he was giving up the mic.

"Just 'cause I'm dealing with fake [people in the music industry], what gives me the right to say, 'I don't wanna do this no more' and walk away?" — DMX

In March 2003, X said It's Not a Game would be his final album, and that he was leaning toward becoming a preacher). Well he was, and DMX still feels he'll be talking from the pulpit one day. X changed his mind about retiring from rap, though, after a conversation with Mase, a longtime friend who went that same route six years ago.

"I was ready to do that," X said last week in Miami about declaring his permanent estrangement from rap. "I talked to Mase. I said, 'Dog! I'm fed up with this rap sh--. I know the Lord. I know my true calling is to preach the Word, where do I go from here?' He was like, 'As long as the Lord gives you the talent to do what you do, do it. He'll call you when he's ready. He'll call you when he's ready.' "

X says Pastor Mason Betha made so much sense to him that he picked the mic back up.

"Just 'cause I'm dealing with fake mutha----as [in the music industry], what gives me the right to say, 'I don't wanna do this no more' and walk away?" X elaborated. "I've been through worse than that. I can deal with fake sh--. I'm gonna do this as long as I can, and when [God] is ready for me, he'll call me. It wasn't my place to retire."

X said the title of his new album is self-explanatory. He wrote Here We Go Again while traveling to Africa, New York, Miami, Germany, London and his favorite place to record, Arizona.

"I have some property in Arizona," he said. "I love the vibe, the desert, but it's still a night life, still a 'hood [out there]. It keeps me grounded."

He dealt heavily in hip-hop "X-cesses" during the shooting of his new video, which is a combination clip that cuts into three Here We Go tracks: "Walk These Dogs," "Give 'Em What They Want" and "Pump Ya Fist." For a portion of the clip, Scott Storch, who produced "Give 'Em What They Want," lent X his mansion. At another location featured in the video, DMX and Swizz Beatz, who made the track for "Pump Ya Fist," got onstage.

"This is a straight rap video," he said. "I get to be a rapper in a video. I did the mansion scene, the driving scene, the girl-in-the-club scene. I do all the things rappers do in the videos in this one."

I'm an X fan. Hopefully he does better with this album than Great Depression and Grand Champ. I don't have Great Depression, the only one of the five I don't, but I heard it wasn't very good.

Meanwhile, him a preacher. That should be interesting, if he does that one day. I don't see him as your usual man at the pulpit.

Any of ya heard Theodore Unit's 718 album? I downloaded it not long ago (almost impossible to find in stores), it's a collection of b-sides that didn't make it on Ghostface's Pretty Toney Album. It's pretty good, actually; I'm really digging "Who Are We?" which samples the Scooby Doo theme, and "Guerilla Hood".

Guest Blade

yeah i got the 718 album shit is good, anyone heard the new Papoose Mixtape and i got a oldie this week DJ Lt.Dan Presents Pacavelli (a tribute to Tupac Shakur) both of them are really hot IMO