The Urban Music Thread

Guest Blade

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe past their prime, I give respect to Ludacris and Nelly for their accomplishments. Chingy is a talentless hack that will never be half as good as these guys. I havn't met anybody that like his work, other than immature preteen girls, and my girlfriend...... :rolleyes:

James Brown Sued Over Rape Allegations

Funk superstar James Brown has been slapped with a lawsuit by a woman who claims he raped her at gunpoint in 1988. The lawsuit, filed by Jacque Hollander on Wednesday, claims the star raped her in the back of his van while threatening her with a shotgun. At the time of the alleged assault, Hollander was an aspiring songwriter working as a public relations assistant for the famed singer. Brown's lawyer Debra Opri has branded the claim false and calls Hollander's allegations "rag sheet fodder". Opri adds that the woman's claims were dismissed as frivolous by a judge in 2002 who also cleared Brown of another woman's sexual harassment allegations. Opri says, "This is what you call a shakedown in its most stupid form. It's too little, too late and baseless." Hollander, 48, is not pressing criminal charges against Brown, 71, but is seeking $106 million in damages because she was recently diagnosed with the neurological disorder Graves' Disease, which she claims was caused by her "rape and torture" at the hands of the singer.

Credit : IMDB

Cassidy might be something I might look into - hope he's got some more good hits if I ever consider buying his album.

Chingy sucks mega. I'm not sure he speaks a real language. Nelly, is he a rapper anymore? Doesn't seem like it. Chingy needs to disappear, Nelly needs to just admit he not gonna be streets no more.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

BnBH's "Check These Shits Out"

DJ Rukis - Detox : The Millenium Of Aftermath

(I may dislike Aftermath, but clearly some hot shit on here. Rukis brings it again!)

00-DJ_Rukiz-Detox-2005.jpg

1 - Intro

2 - My Life - Dr. Dre feat. D.O.C. [lost track]

3 - Still D.R.E - Dr. Dre (Rukmix)

4 - Put It On Me - Dr. Dre feat. DJ Quik

5 - Let Me Ride - Dr. Dre

6 - Life As An Outlaw - Dr. Dre & Eminem

7 - Deez Nutz Intro

8 - How We Do - Game & 50 Cent (Rukmix)

9 - Crooked Cops - Dr. Dre [lost track]

10 - Doctor'z Office Intro

11 - Bitches Ain't Shit - Dr. Dre, Daz & Snoop

12 - Blaaw - Dr. Dre & Hittman

13 - Aftermath - Eve, Busta Rhymes, 50 Cent & Stat Quo (Bad Boy blend)

14 - Higher - Game

15 - If I Get Locked Up Tonight - Eminem & Dr. Dre

16 - That's What It Is - Notorious B.I.G., Eve & 2pac

17 - "From Da Bottom" Freestyle - Stat Quo

18 - Nuttin But A 'G' Thang - Snoop & Dr. Dre

19 - Encore - Eminem, 50 Cent & Dr. Dre (Rukmix)

20 - Shit Hitz Da Fan - Dr. Dre (Rukmix)

21 - Toy Soldiers - Eminem (Dre beats blend)

22 - Busta Rhymes Freestyle

23 - Wanna Fight? - Stat Quo

24 - Say What You Say - Dr. Dre, Eminem & Eve

25 - Zooom - Dr. Dre & Snoop [lost track]

26 - Westside Story - Game (Rukmix)

27 - Chronic Break

28 - Fast Money - Dr. Dre [lost track]

29 - The Watcher, pt.2 - Jay-Z & Dr. Dre (Rukmix)

30 - Forgot About Dre - Eminem & Dr. Dre (Rukmix)

31 - New Interscope Artist: Hawwk

Team Invasion Presents - Hood Rules Apply vol. 2

(Kardinal Offishall continues to amaze me, Trajik feat. Makaveli - Burnin', Hot Shit!)

00-Team_Invasion-Hood_Rules_Apply_2-2004.jpg

1 - Game Interview

2 - Akon feat. Noodles & Gutta - Hood Rules Apply [produced by DJ Green Lantern]

3 - Beanie Sigel - Sizzurp

4 - Game LIVE - Suck My Dick

5 - Fat Joe - The Incredible

6 - Sheek Louch - Lies And Rumors

7 - Busta Rhymes - "Mosh" Freestyle

8 - Hell Rell & J.R. Writer - Pop Off

9 - Game LIVE feat. Kool G. Rap

10 - Black Rob - Videotape

11 - Ghostface - Hide Ya Face

12 - Styles P. & Pitch Black - One

13 - Busta Rhymes & Spliff Star - Bitch Nigga

14 - Ludacris & Kardinal Offishall - #1 Spot (remix) [produced by DJ Green Lantern]

15 - Game LIVE feat. Jim Jones

16 - Jim Jones & Juelz Santana - In The Lab on Hot 97

17 - Styles P. & Tre Williams - I-95

18 - Gravy Freestyle

19 - 38 Special - Invasion Freestyle

20 - Hell Rell & J.R.Writer - Ready 2 Fight

21 - Jae Millz - Good Day

22 - Yun - Call On Me

23 - Aasim - Invasion Freestyle

24 - Grafh & Stat Quo - I Ain't Playin (LIVE)

25 - Trajik feat. Makaveli - Burnin'

2005 Releases Not Yet Scheduled.

Big Daddy Kane - The Man, The Icon

Bonaphyde "Art form of Rhyme"

Charli Baltimore-The Diary: You Think You Know...

Chino XL Poison Pen

Crooked I "Say Hi to the Bad Guy"

Def Squad - Def Squad Presents: Vol.2

Deadly Venoms - Pretty Thugs (Dreamworks)

Dr.Dre - Detox

Dr. Dre & Eric Sermon - Chairman Of The Board

...Foesum - Tha Foefathers

Goldie Loc -Second-Hand Smoke Kills

...Hittman - Final Days Of Brian Bailey

Joey Bossellinni Presents: Blow on These

...K.M.G (of Above The Law) - Ear Candy

Mia X - Sista Stories (No Limit)

M.O.P - Ground Zero

Above The Law -Return Of The Living Dead

Pharoe Monch

Rakim - Oh My God

.. Suga Free - Untitled

Snoopafly - Now what

Soopafly- Willie Dynamite

Roscoe Doing Better Since Near-Fatal Accident.

As you may or may not know--

On New Years Day Roscoe along with 3 other passengers were in a near-fatal car accident. All four passengers suffered serious injuries. Roscoe has a broken collar bone & lacerations on his face. He is now at the home of the Gotti'z recovering. The other 3 passengers are still hospitalized and have been in & out of surgery for the past few days. Roscoe is doing much better since his accident. He will be spending the next couple of months recovering at the Gotti'z home in Philly were he will get the best medical attention that money can buy.

Edited by BacknBlackHoez

Lil' John Dismisses Fake Beef With Usher

In response to rumors of alleged hostility toward R&B sensation Usher, Lil Jon has fervidly denied that he harbors ill feelings for his fellow Atlantian.

"Usher and I are good friends. It's just haters trying to stir some negative bullsh*t up because we've had such a big year," Lil Jon said. "We've made history together [with] no. 1 records, non-stop radio play and a bunch of awards."

The rumor first appeared last month in the gossip section of the New York Post. Sources reportedly told the paper, "Lil' Jon seriously hates Usher. He feels like he was responsible for the success of "Yeah!" He produced the song and sang on it. He likes to mock Usher by saying his name in a little high voice and calls him 'Baby Usher.'"

Other publications then reported on Lil Jon's alleged animosity over the chart-topping "Yeah," featured on Usher's latest multi-platinum album Confessions. But Lil Jon said future collaborations with the R&B star are forthcoming.

"We're looking forward to more hit records and we're definitely gonna keep it crunk in the New Year."

Lil Jon's single "Lovers & Friends" from his recently released Crunk Juice album, features Usher and Ludacris and is currently no. 4 on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart.

The single is expected to claim the top spot on Billboard's Hot Rap Tracks this week.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Man Who Allegedly Started Vibe Brawl, Pleads Not Guilty!

Jimmy James Johnson, the man who allegedly initiated the Vibe Awards melee on November 15 by attacking Dr. Dre, pleaded not guilty to assault at his arraignment Monday in Los Angeles.

Johnson, whom authorities believe punched Dr. Dre in the face after the producer refused to sign an autograph , remains in custody on a parole violation connected to a previous charge of armed robbery. He is due back in court January 26, when a date for a preliminary hearing will be set.

Meanwhile, Young Buck, who has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon for allegedly stabbing Johnson, will be arraigned on Friday. The G-Unit rapper, whose real name is David Darnell Brown, faces up to eight years in prison if convicted, according to Deputy District Attorney Hamid Towfigh.

Lt. Frank Fabrega of the Santa Monica Police Department said investigators are still attempting to identify two other men seen brandishing knives in videotape of the incident.

Eminem Regrets Not Releasing Anti-Bush Track Earlier

EMINEM fears he may have cost US presidential wannabe JOHN KERRY vital votes last November (04) because he didn't get his emotive single MOSH out sooner.

The rapper released the anti-GEORGE W BUSH single and accompanying video just before the election, but he fears he could have swung the vote against the President if the track was released two weeks earlier.

He says, "I do got a little bit of regrets about that. We got it out there as soon as we could. It was one of the first songs we mixed.

"We were trying to get JUST LOSE IT out there. We didn't want to get Mosh out there and come off too political. Eminem's never been too political. I never been the militant-type political rapper.

"We did our best to get it out as soon as we could. But do I wish it could have come out two weeks earlier? Yes."

50 Ready To "Massacre" The Charts

Rap megastar 50 Cent is about to massacre his rivals--on the charts, anyway.

St. Valentine's Day Massacre, Fiddy's follow-up to his multiplatinum-selling debut, Get Rich or Die Tryin', is finally set for release March 8, his label announced Monday.

The highly anticipated disc has been delayed twice, with its most recent release date having been Feb. 15, the day after Valentine's.

In a brief press release, the laconic hip-hopper said, "Look out, I'm about to do it again."

Not that Fiddy has to say anything to hype St. Valentine's Day Massacre; the disc is expected to rocket straight to the top of the charts when it bows in March.

The Queens-born rapper's debut was 2003's best-selling release and spawned the hit tracks "In Da Club," "P.I.M.P" and "Wanksta."

The 27-year-old's 2004 wasn't bad, either. According to the New York Times, the Eminem prot�g� pulled in more than $50 million last year thanks to royalties from Get Rich and lucrative endorsement deals with clothing company Ecko Unlimited and Reebok, which makes his G-Unit footwear.

But 2005 is shaping up to be Fiddy's most successful year to date.

In addition to the rapper's sophomore studio set, the G-Unit ringleader is set to appear in his first feature film role (Locked and Loaded) and his first videogame title in '05.

And, in a sign of the times, 50 Cent is the latest rapper in the beverage game, buying a share of Glac�au, the New York-based company behind VitaminWater and SmartWater. vitamin water brand. The hip-hopper's own special grape-flavored super-water from the company is called Formula 50.

But the man known to his mother as Curtis Jackson's first order of business is prepping new material for hungry fans.

The lead single from St. Valentine's Day Massacre, "Candy Shop," is being serviced to radio this week, according to Interscope publicist Greg Miller.

Miller also confirmed that "Piggy Bank," a song generating controversy in New York, will be on St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

The diss track reportedly takes swipes at rappers Fat Joe, Ja Rule and just married couple Nas and Kelis.

Influential New York hip-hop deejay Funkmaster Flex refused to play the track recently when 50 handed him an advance because the Hot 97 tastemaker feared it would spur violence between the rival rappers.

Not all the tracks on St. Valentine's are street anthems. According to early reports, the disc contains a few requisite party tracks "for the ladies" and one tune even gives it up for God.

The disc, executive-produced by Dr. Dre and Eminem, has the "same huge sound" as Get Rich, according to Miller, and features guest spots from G-Unit members Young Buck and Lloyd Banks.

Fiddy is in Los Angeles this week filming the video for "Candy Shop" and will be on Jimmy Kimmel Live Friday to perform "This Is How We Do" with the Game.

Ja Rule Struggles With Sex Scene

Rapper JA RULE has given up his sex scene virginity on film to TATYANA ALI and he admits it was one of the toughest things he has ever had to do.

The hip-hop star hoped he'd be comfortable with the scene in new film BACK IN THE DAY, but found it difficult to perform with 10 crew members and the FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR hitmaker Ali's family looking on.

He says, "It's a little awkward. They try to keep it so you're as comfortable as possible, but even with closed sets it's still 10 people there. And Tatyana's mom and her aunt were there. It made my job a little harder."

The rapper, real name JEFFREY ATKINS, admits he had to explain his sex scene to his wife AISHA.

He adds, "My wife didn't like that one. She wasn't there for the sex scene."

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Id be nervous to, i mean i still remember Tatyana as little Ashley from the Fresh Prince, and having the wife, it would be awkward....but fuck, i nail that shit!

Eminem & Source co-Owner Exchange Angry Words At Detroit Radio Station.

It seems that there is no resolution in sight in the ongoing verbal feud between Eminem and The Source. On Tuesday evening in Detroit, Em and Source co-owner David Mays got into an off-air verbal confrontation at radio station WDTJ-FM.

Reports are still coming in, but according to sources close to the altercation, Mays was being interviewed at the station for an evening radio program. Some of Mays' words were directed toward the Motor City SoundScan king.

Shortly thereafter, Eminem arrived at the station with approximately 10 men. While sources say that no violence took place, there was plenty of shouting and four-letter words being flung.

Last week, the long-running beef heated up in the wake of a song and video made by Source co-owner Benzino.

Neither Eminem, his reps, nor spokespeople for WDTJ would comment on the matter. Mays could not be reached for comment at press time.

Blade's Cut Above the Rest

Young Producer makes Jay Z Album

A Young Producer this week has caught my eye over the past month with his skills which have been show cased on american radio station airwaves up and down the 54 states, The Producer recently produced his own album which is called "It was all a dream" and is a Jay Z showcase, If i can find a link because he is releasing it on the internet then i will inform you all.

DJ is spitting Fire

DJ Adam who uses a set of two nu mark turntables, cd mixers and some computer software is getting a growing reputation for producing awesome beat blends, awesome remixes and on certain days broadcasting over the internet. His mixes, instrumental and accapella blends are all available at his website DJ Adam's club

You have to sign up to registed but i've heard some of his mixes and they are straight up FIRE!!

Blade ^_^

Guest BacknBlackHoez

After Em Talks About Ending Beefs.....50 Starts Talkin Shit Again!

The first part of 50 Cent's hyped "massacre" is starting to take shape.

On his new mixtape, G-Unit Radio Part 10: 2050 (Before the Massacre), he takes aim again at Murder Inc. with a record called "I'm a Animal." There's also the still-unreleased "Piggy Bank which disses Ja Rule, Nas, Kelis, Jadakiss and Fat Joe . Now, in the next issue of XXL, 50 gives his enemies a serious tongue-lashing. He appears on the cover dressed in a suit and holding a crossbow.

"I'm responding to the actions of others," 50 is quoted as saying about the anger he's unleashing on wax. "I'm not actually starting it. When they are in their articles, they say 'F--- 50' off the record. But they won't say it to my face. And the difference between them and me is I don't have a problem saying f--- them in front of them."

During the interview, Jadakiss catches the brunt of 50's verbal barbs. 50 brushes off the D-Block captain as no competition for him.

"When you can't break a million records, and you call yourself going platinum ... I know your numbers is 800 [thousand] and change, and you can't get over that hump?" 50 says. "And you haven't put out a record with your voice on the chorus? He's a great rapper, but he's not a great songwriter. I got artists under me that are better than him."

In the mother or all ironies, one rapper 50 says he wouldn't mind having in the G-Unit fold is arch nemesis Ja Rule.

"I might sign Ja Rule when he's done at Murder Inc.," 50 tells the magazine. "After I destroy him, I'll rebuild him. Because he never was strong enough to individually go against me. He needs the support of everyone else to try to attempt that. And they should have been smart enough to tell him not to directly go against me."

And if you're wondering if 50 has any qualms about beefing because of his mentor Eminem's beef-squashing stance in "Like Toy Soldiers", the Queens native doesn't let on that he's second guessing himself.

"I don't think Em is realistic," 50 tells the magazine. "On certain levels, he's being logical. Anybody, like I said, would want to avoid those type of situations. Em's seeing if it's possible to not have these issues. Why? Because he makes hit records."

A few weeks ago, 50 had a couple of other interview outbursts. Then, it was on New York radio station Hot 97, where he said he felt Fat Joe had been subliminally dissing him for quite some time now and that he felt since Joe and Jadakiss appeared on the song "New York" with Ja Rule, they were co-signing what he perceived as disses toward him on that record.

On Wednesday after TRL, Ja smirked at 50's actions.

"He's a clown," Ja said in the green room. "He's a kid. Grow up, b---h! What, this n---a think the world revolves around him? Let's be serious. He's digging himself a grave."

50's St. Valentine's Day Massacre is due March 8. The March issue of XXL with 50 on the cover comes out the first week of February.

Guest killacam2006

Dead Ludacris/ T.I. Beef Lingers Online

By Clover Hope

Date: 1/14/2005 2:48 pm

Ludacris and T.I.’s much hyped beef has taken a curious turn into the Internet domain—literally. Visitors going to ludacris.com will be surprised to instead find a slick-looking T.I. dressed in a black pin stripe suit gracing their computer screens.

That’s because the site is automatically forwarded to T.I.’s trapmuzik.com homepage, which takes the name of the Atlanta rapper’s earlier album, Trap Muzik. Ludacris’ official site is ludacris.net.

“It is possible to register a domain name and have it redirected to a website that already exists,” said a customer representative from register.com, a company that provides domain name registration for web sites like Ludacris.com. “But you need approval from whoever owns the site, first.”

T.I.’s home record company, Atlantic Records, said the label had no knowledge of the site’s redirection until this week. According to sources, neither Def Jam nor Atlantic Records ever owned ludacris.com, contrary to internet chatter. When exactly the site began to readdress to T.I.’s site is uncertain.

Representatives for Atlantic and Def Jam declined to comment on this story. And phone calls to T.I.’s Grand Hustle Entertainment imprint were unanswered at press time.

If Atlantic did not legally authorize the domain name ludacris.com to be directed to T.I.’s website, the register.com rep said Atlantic Records can have the site pulled.

“This is new to me,” said Kareem Graves of Plot Designs, the creators of T.I.’s trapmuzik.com site. “This is controversy. I know [Ludacris and T.I.] had beef so this is big.” Any changes to T.I.’s site, Graves added, would be authorized by the site’s host, which would likely be Atlantic Records.

Otherwise, the incident is the result of a hacker disrupting the site’s operation.

The administrator of the domain name ludacris.com is an Atlanta resident named C. Williams, who started the site in 1999 and last updated the information on December 13, 2004, according to register.com, who said they could not provide the legal registrar of the site.

Williams could not be reached for comment by press time.

The misinterpreted conflict between T.I. and Ludacris began when T.I. said he thought he saw someone in a Trap Muzik shirt getting beat up in a Ludacris video. T.I. lyrically retaliated, rapping on G-Unit member Young Buck’s “Stomp,” “Me getting beat down? That’s Ludacris.”

According to Ludacris though, the man in the video was actually wearing a T-shirt from a line called Trap Wear.

“I had no idea why he said me by name, and you know the name of the game, somebody says your name in a record you have to react to it,” Ludacris told AllHipHop.com back in November of last year. “Trap is a word that has been used in the South for sometime, so [T.I.] admitted to reacting off something that his homeboy said.”

Both southern emcees have chocked up their beef as a simple misunderstanding. “I kinda took it the wrong way,” T.I. told AllHipHop.com in a recent interview. “We sat down and talked about and said if it ain’t worth getting in the street and fighting about it, we might as well let it go.”

T.I. said he also plans to work with Ludacris in the future

Edited by killacam2006

Guest BacknBlackHoez

"Please stay off the T.I...P of my DICK!" Luda killed T.I. on that.

Young Buck Pleads Not Guilty

Current G-Unit member Young Buck pleaded not guilty on Friday to a charge of assault with a deadly weapon in connection with a stabbing at November's Vibe Awards.

Buck, whose real name is David Darnell Brown, did not speak during the brief hearing except to tell the judge that he understood he was waiving his right to a preliminary hearing within 10 days. He did not speak to reporters, although he did say to those in attendance, "Young Buck, go buy my album." He is due back in court for a preliminary hearing on February 18.

The rapper, who came to court wearing black jeans, a black shirt and baseball cap, is alleged to have stabbed 26-year-old Los Angeles native Jimmy James Johnson in the aftermath of a fight at the show. Witnesses said that Johnson punched Dr. Dre in the face after the rapper refused to sign an autograph . The punch sparked a brawl that was broken up a few minutes later by police using pepper spray. The Vibe Awards continued and aired later in the week, although the incident was edited out.

Johnson pleaded not guilty on Monday to attacking Dre and is due back in court January 26th, when a date for a preliminary hearing on assault charges will be set.

Buck, who briefly went into hiding after the incident, faces up to eight years in prison if convicted. He remains free on $500,000 bail. His attorney, Scott Leemon," said "We entered a plea of not guilty today and we're looking forward to our day in court."

The hearing was held at the Felony Arraignment Division in the Airport Courthouse of Los Angeles Superior Court.

Santa Monica Police are still attempting to identify at two other men seen brandishing knives in video tape of the incident.

Edited by BacknBlackHoez

WTF does 50 think hes doing? Honestly, the guy really needs all these beefs going on just to keep him in the spotlight? I personally like Jada, there is no way he can compare himself to D-Block. Its too bad that his cd will be a hit, him and the rest of G-Unit need to be taught a lesson.

Oh, and Nas>50