The Urban Music Thread

Guest Blade

Guest killacam2006

any tracklisting that includes Yukmouth, Slim Thug, Mike Jones, Bun B & Gangsta Pat, seems to be a must-get.

I've heard other stuff (on Vol. 10) with Slim Thug and Mike Jones. I'm pretty sure I've heard something from Yukmouth and Bun B before too. Maybe I'll check into this one afterall.

I'm listening to the new Game CD right now. May have to hear it a few times through to get a good opinion. I also picked up the Body Head Bangerz album today.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Andre 300 In Charlotte's Web

Outkast's Andre 3000 will lend his vocal skills to the upcoming live-action/photo real CG animated feature adaptation of E.B. White's Charlotte's Web . Academy Award-winner Julia Roberts, Oprah Winfrey, John Cleese, Steve Buscemi, Cedric The Entertainer, Reba McEntire, Kathy Bates and Thomas Haden Church vocal talents will also be featured in the flick.  The film will be directed by Gary Winick (13 Going on 30) and is a Paramount Pictures, Walden Media and Nickelodeon Movies co-production. The feature is scheduled to begin production on January 31st in Melbourne, Australia.

Andre will lend his voice as a crow, while Oprah Winfrey and Cedric the Entertainer will play the story’s geese.

I've got hold of quite a few mixtapes this week including the new 50 cent one - 2050 before the massacre and it ain't half bad but something caught my eye on one of the mixtapes i spotted although it is old it is some classic stuff.

DJ LT. Dan Presents DMX Fed Up & Movin On

dmx%20-%20fed%20up.jpg

it looks pure fire, i will see if i can find a source for you guys. i will inform you if i find one and then whoever wants one can pm.

Okay from now on if i mention anything then i can get it for any of you but you will have to pom because i do not wish to break the rules here. Anyway everyone knows i have talked about the producer Jerzee well i've just found out that he is currently producing a new album which should be released in febuary. At the present time he has got "It Was All A Dream" on the radio and has just published two new songs out.

1- mobb deep feat Jada Kiss - Blinded by Science 2

2. Ali Vegas feat Jay Z - Feels like smoke

Please hit me up via pm if you want to know a bit more or links to where it is published

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Ok, i just got around to listening to Jae Hood's new shit, called The Babyface Gangsta Exclusives, and once again Jae Hood is spittin fire, and all over this shit. Def. check this out.

Jae Hood-The Babyface Gangster Exclusives

i N F O

_______

RIPPER    : :>              RIP DATE    : 01-07-2005

GENRE      : Hip-Hop        RECORD LABEL : n/a

TRACKS    : 29              STORE DATE  : 00-00-2005

ENCODER    : L.a.m.e.            SIZE        : 74,10 MB

BITRATE    : VBR/44.1Hz      SOURCE      : CDDA

T R A C K L i S T

01.Intro                                          [01:25]

02.Odg                                            [02:37]

03.Voicemail Interlude                            [00:16]

04.Do it Like Dis                                [03:25]

05.Drop it Like Its Hot Freestyle                [02:28]

06.The Takeover                                  [02:06]

07.Channel 45 News Interlude 1                    [00:18]

08.Babyface Gangster                              [03:35]

09.Top 6                                          [02:11]

10.Burn Freestyle                                [01:30]

11.Channel 45 News Interlude 2                    [00:39]

12.Yall Niggaz                                    [04:04]

13.On the Grind                                  [04:22]

14.Amerikaz Nightmare                            [02:31]

15.All Over the Streets                          [01:59]

16.Channel 45 News Interlude 3                    [00:29]

17.All I Need                                    [03:52]

18.King of the Streets                            [01:55]

19.Load Your Pistols                              [03:16]

20.No Crush on You                                [03:28]

21.Who Want it First                              [02:29]

22.Channel 45 News Interlude 4                    [00:27]

23.Ok Freestyle                                  [01:32]

24.Die for Me                                    [02:43]

25.Used to Be My Man                              [03:59]

26.Get Hooked Ft Sheek                            [02:51]

27.Angie Martinez Show Freestyle                  [01:24]

28.Ride Wit Us                                    [01:26]

29.Outro                                          [00:58]

-------

64:15 min

Guest killacam2006

Games first week Sales Massive

With a healthy street buzz, great reviews and frequent radio and TV spins, The Game's The Documentary is poised to earn G-Unit/Aftermath another blockbuster. According to early reports, Chuck Taylor's debut is on pace to push close to 600,000 LP's!!!!

About The Game pushing about 600,000 units in a week - that's really not surprising.

Tuesday afternoon when I was at the Best Buy, there was about a column and a half of Game CDs. Each column has 5 rows, I'm guessing each section holds about 12-15 CDs or so. Three sections were empty, the rest were half gone. When I got to the register, the person in front of me had just The Game CD. The person at the next register too, just that CD too.

I say Game's doing a damn good job getting this to happen. I never buy albums on the first day they drop, especially since my house is about 20 minutes from the nearest city and I don't go to K-Mart.

Guest killacam2006

Recommended Songs

Big Pun - Still not a player

Game - New York freestyle

Game - Make it clap freestyle

Jadakiss ft Nas & Common - Why remix

Twista - Hope

Styles P - i get high

Styles P - Love you betta freestyle

Guest BacknBlackHoez

BnBH Recommends Some Stuff

Ray Luv - Definition Of A Hustla

Big L - No Endz, No Skinz

Yukmouth & Domination - Stunt 211 (50 Cent Diss)

Canibus - Genabis

+! Enter that damn Hip Hop Supastar contest....give ya info later.

Tego Calderon Mad At P. Diddy

After learning of Sean John's alleged involvement in Central America sweatshops, Reggaeton star Tego Calderon recently passed on P. Diddy's offer to appear in the company's Spring Collection ad campaign.

In addition to the clothing line's alleged immoral practices, Calderon said he felt disrespected by Diddy's offer.

"I heard about the human rights violations in his clothing factories in Central America but frankly there was more," Calderon told the New York Post. "Me falt� el respeto, [he dissed me] with his offer. I just did a $75,000 commercial in Puerto Rico with Nydia Caro. Someone like Puffy could have offered more than $2,000 � but again, it wasn't about the money. I was not persuadable. It was about the principle."

While Tego kept his integrity by refusing the offer, he's disappointed that some of his colleagues, like Daddy Yankee, accepted. The promotional ad includes a billboard in Times Square and spots on MTV and VH1.

"It's the principle. I don't think he [Puffy] knows what I am about. What hurts me the most is that my colleagues accepted the offer [to do the ad campaign], thinking that it was a great opportunity. This was about respecting us, and what we do," Calderon explained. "Forgive me, but I don't need Time Square, I don't need a billboard. I am not trying to conquer white Middle America. I already won the hearts and respect of those I wanted to win � mi gente Latina, my people, the street, my black brothers and sisters."

Since appearing on tracks with Terror Squad and Noreaga, Calderon's buzz has been spreading through the nation. Despite countless offers from major labels, Tego, who is presently working on a new CD, will only accept distribution from a major.

"I ain't trying to be no employee, I have worked too hard to build what I have. He added that, to the chagrin of his entire crew, he will only accept a distribution deal (with a major label). I've never been a good employee. I don't like anyone telling me what to do. Yup, I will lose millions ... but I keep my freedom," Tego revealed.

"I can't say in my songs one thing, and then personally be about something else. Now that someone is offering me some change, I'm going to go against the principles that my viejos (parents) taught me? Nah."

The National Labor Committee, which supervises apparel working conditions in Third World countries discovered that Diddy's Honduras shops violated basic human and workers rights in 2003.

"The Honduras situation was horrific. They were giving young women pregnancy tests every month, locking bathrooms all day, no health insurance, and verbally and sometimes physically abusing them," Labor Committee leader Charles Kernaghan told the Post. "To his credit, Mr. Combs transformed the Setisa [Honduras] factory. He deserves enormous praise. But that victory could have been extended. He chose to clean up and stop at one."

On the other hand, Diddy refuted any claims that his line violated human and workers rights in a statement.

"Sean John has long had very strict policies with which all of its vendors are required to comply. Our compliance team inspects and certifies all of our factories around the globe. We have absolutely zero tolerance for non-compliance with our policies."

50 Endorses Dodge Charger

Following in Snoop Dogg's footsteps, 50 Cent is eager to endorse Daimler Chrysler's brand new 2006 Dodge Charger.

The new four-door model is premiering at the North American International Auto Show presently taking place in Detroit and goes on sale in the spring.

"I need to know what I gotta do to get that Dodge Charger first. I need that," 50 told Dub magazine publisher Myles Kovacs.

Now Chrysler is reportedly hurrying to provide 50 with the Charger. Last summer, Snoop requested a Chrysler 300 sedan from division chief executive Dieter Zetsche.

Snoop's endorsement generated good revenues for Chrysler in the youth market and the company provided him with several sedans for a music video off his recently released R&G (Rhythm And Gangsta): The Masterpiece.

"Chrysler has been savvy about how it has approached the hip-hop community, letting the artists find it rather than chasing after endorsements," Kovacs told the Detroit Free Press. "That's worth more money than any advertising you could do in the marketplace."

Emienm & 50 sign British R&B Act

Hip-hop heavyweights EMINEM and 50 CENT have signed up a British R+B duo after they were spotted singing on a Los Angeles street corner.

The STAN rapper's aides were so impressed with GRANT HARVEY's vocal skills as he sung to raise money for food, they immediately invited him to perform with his music partner DANIEL BOOKER for the hip-hop stars.

And after mesmerising Eminem and 50 Cent with their talent, TIIDA became the first signing to their new G-UNIT SOUL record label - which focuses on R+B acts.

Harvey says, "What's happened is unbelievable. I met Booker in London and we sold everything and move to LA to make it. It was hard. We were homeless for a while and even lived with a pimp! We came close to packing it in but now things are taking off thanks to 50 and Em."

Grant has already come close to scoring pop fame - he was offered a place in British boyband BLUE when they formed in 2001, but turned it down because he didn't want to be part of a manufactured group.

The Game Reveals He Almost Signed With Bad Boy

On The Game's eagerly-awaited debut, The Documentary, the artist reveals that he almost signed with P. Diddy's Bad Boy Records.

On the album, the hardcore gangsta also known as Jayceon Taylor, mentions the names of several folks who he had been in talks with before he settled with Dr. Dre and Aftermath. The name dropping included P. Diddy along with Death Row's Suge Knight, former Def Jam prez Kevin Liles, ex-Elektra CEO Sylvia Rhone, and the heads of Roc-A-Fella and Murder Inc.

Many may find it hard to picture the true-to-life grime stories concocted by Game on the flashy pop-oriented label, but it almost happened.

"We called Puff and said, 'No hard feelings, no love lost, but we're going with Dre," Game said.

According to Game, Diddy had put the Compton rapper on the back burner in order to focus on Loon and Black Rob. By the time Diddy started to pay attention to Game, Dre had already called.

"Me and Puff still been good friends since then, and I plan on working with Puff in the future outside of rap," Game said.

In the late 90s, Bad Boy was home to hardcore Yonkers rap trio the LOX, who were so unhappy at the flashy label they took the first chance they could to sign with the much grittier Ruff Ryders label.

The Documentary dropped today (January 18) and boasts the lead single "How We Do" featuring G-Unit co-member 50 Cent.

Twista Links up with speedknot Mobstaz crew for album

With all the success Twista received last year with his breakthrough album, Kamikaze, the record-holding quick tongued rapper is returning this year with

his whole crew - the Speedknot Mobstaz.

Twista has been down with partners, Liffy Stokes and Mayze, before his debut album Adrenaline Rush even hit stores and explains that they will always find a way to work together.

"We're crew and we like to do music together, so regardless of what situation any of us is in, we are going to figure out a way that we can do it," Twista told MTV News. "It was only right to follow the tradition of how I came out with Adrenaline Rush [in 1997] and then we dropped Mobstability before I dropped another solo record. After Kamikaze was as successful as it was, it makes me and the brothers real confident about coming out with this new Mobstaz project. We got some real tight street stuff representing Chi-town coming out this year."

The upcoming album titled Their Mobstability II: Nation Business will feature production from A-list producers such as Kanye West and lesser-known talents like Toxic, Trackz and Tight Mike.

Twista also revealed to MTV that he is already working on the follow-up to Kamikaze, which is still untitled. The rapper wants a "repeat of the '04" and plans to use some of the same formula by enlisting Kanye West and R Kelly once again.

Their Mobstability II: Nation Business is slated to drop this spring

Guest killacam2006

Is 2PAC Still Alive

Well, some fans will never belive that 2Pac is gone, here are some important reasons why Tupac could be alive. I've added my notes to each alive-reason

- The driver of the car in which Tupac was riding, Suge Knight (the executive producer of Death Row Records), was not injured and didn't show up for questioning about the shooting.

Answ: The shooting seems to be gang related, thats why Suge didn't show up for questioning

- Tupac always wore a bulletproof vest, no matter where he went. Why didn't he wear it to a very public event like a Tyson fight?

Answ: Thats wrong, Pacs Bodyguard wrote in his book, that Tupac just weared his vest 1 of 10 times

- The video "I ain't Mad at Cha" was released only a few days after his death. "I ain't Mad at Cha" is track 13 on the album All Eyes On Me. The video shows Tupac as an angel in heaven. In the video, Tupac was shot after leaving a theater with a friend, which is very similar to how he was shot in real life. Interestingly, Tupac dies in his last video released under the name "Tupac". His new video "Toss It Up" from the new album was released under the name "Makaveli".

Answ: Coincidence, Bullshit

- There were never shown any photos showing Tupac in the Hospital

Answ: Good for his fans, no press allowed

- Why do you hear the quote "So they built in a fail safe device. Which is what? A four year lifespan. Now there is a Nexus 6 over at the Tyrell Corporation. I want you to go put the machine on him. And if the machine doesn't work?" when you reverse the jumbled in the Tupac / Scarface video "Smile"? Has Tupac a bulid in "fail save device" that will cause Tupac to die after 4 years of success?

Answ: NO IDEA

- There is an autopsy certificate on the net but i think it's faked cuz it says Tupac had weight 215 pounds and was 6'0" tall, but Tupac only weight 165 pounds ans was only 5'7". There is an autopsy photo which is probably also faked. You can see his tatoos but no face. I think anybody who works in movies can make this pic. If you had a good computer and your good with it, you could also make it. Oh yes, the Autopsy pic is taken from the cali luv video, when pac awakes.

Answ: The picture was not taken from the california love video, Tupac looks different on that pic from cali love, and why would you grap a shot from an video if you would stage your authopsy and not take a photo for that scene. Excuse me, but that cali love video theory is stupid.

- How are you gonna have a autopsy and a cremation in less then 24 hours after death. Let alone, this was a murder victim. That is unreal, but now we have no body. Also why did Pac make all those videos, songs, guest appearances, and movies, so fast. Cause anything with his name on it now, means Mo Money.

Answ: NO IDEA

- Friday the 13th is a very suspicious day.

Answ: Coincidence, Bullshit

- In the song "Life Goes On", Tupac raps about his own funeral, why was he cremated the day after his death?

Answ: I've heard that all Shakurs are cremated after their death.

- In the video "Hail Mary" released under the name Makaveli, there is a gravestone that says Makaveli. But the gravestone is cracked and there is a hole right in front of it, inferring that Makaveli rose from the dead.

Answ: Mo moneymakin'

- A shooting involving Snoop Doggy Dogg occured close to the release of his album Doggystyle. The shooting made Snoop appear more "real" and showed his fans that he really was a gangsta. The shooting gave him respect because everyone that bought his album believed what he was talking about. Within one week of its release, Doggystyle went platnium. Snoop is signed to the same label as Tupac which is Death Row Records. In December '96, Tupac's new album went platinum.

Answ: No reason, that Pac is alive

- In interviews prior to the shooting, Tupac talked about how he wanted to stop rapping and being a gangsta and get out of the limelight. What is the only way Tupac could completly escape the media spotlight ??? (Answer: if the public thought he was dead.)

Answ: Thats possible

- There are no suspects for the shooting. Why not, 50 friends where with Pac when he got shot?

Answ: Gang related again

- Press wasn't going to be allowed at the funeral, but then the funeral was cancelled for unknown reasons.

Answ: The funeral was held with close friends. Watch "Thug Angel" for background infos on the funeral

- Tupac's alias is Makaveli. Though the spelling is different, Machiavelli was a 16th century italian philosopher who advocated the staging of one's death in order to evade one's enemies and gain power.

Answ: Yes, but Machiavelli never did

- In Machiavelli's book Discourses Upon the First Ten Books of Titus Livy, in Book 2 Chapter XIII he says "a prince who wishes to achieve great things must learn to deceive". This is Machiavelli's main idea and is the connection between Tupac and the writings of Machiavelli.

Answ: Nothing to do with this section :-)

- There is nothing in the new album that says TUPAC RIP 1971-1996. Wouldn't it make sense to include something like that in the first album after his "death"? The only thing mentioned is "EXIT TUPAC ENTER MAKAVELI".

Answ: The Covers may have been printed before he died, but in his newer CDs, the are references

- The executive producer of The 7 Day Theory , as listed in the CD booklet of the album, is Simon (who is a previously unknown producer in the rap music industry). In the bible, Simon was an apostle of Jesus. Simon was one of the first witnesses of the Resurrection listed by Saint Paul (I Cor. 15: 5). Could Simon be a reference to Suge Knight(the executive producer of Death Row records)? Simon was renamed "Peter, the rock" (John 1:42).

Answ: ?

- In Richie Rich's album Seasoned Veteran, which was released on the same day as The 7 Day Theory, on the song "N*ggas Done Changed" which is a duet with Tupac, Tupac says the following lyrics: "I've been shot and murdered, can't tell you how it happened word for word / but best believe that n*ggas' gonna get what they deserve." This phrase implies that Tupac knows he will be dead when Richie Rich's album is released.

Answ: Paranoia

- In Makaveli's (Tupac's) song "White Man's World" on album The 7 Day Theory, he says "We ain't never gonna walk off this planet unless ya'll choose to." Did he choose to walk off the planet by faking his death?

Answ: Bulls*it

- In Tupac's song "Ambitionz az a Ridah" on the album All Eyes On Me, he says "Blast me but they didn't finish, didn't diminish my powers so now I'm back to be a muthaf*ckin' menace, they cowards thats why they tried to set me up, had b*tch *ss n*ggas on my team so indeed they wet me up, BUT I'M BACK REINCARNATED." This implies that Tupac is reincarnated as Makaveli.

Answ: May be

- In Tupac's song "Life of an Outlaw" on the album The 7 Day Theory, he says "All for the street fame on how to be managed, to plan sh*t, 6 months in advance to what we plotted, approved to go on swole and now I got it"-Life Of An Outlaw. This implies that Tupac planned his "death" in advance and now he is enjoying the success of his plan.

Answ: Thats b*llsh*t, Tupac talked about shooting cops all the time, does that prove that Tupac killed a cop? no - because it's only lyrics

- In Tupac's song "Made Niggaz" from the Supercop Soundtrack, he says "F*ck 'em all who don't understand my plot to get richer... Outlaw to the grave, a muthaf*ckin' made nigga I got a plan to get richer. Take my picture." Once again he mentions his "plan" to get rich.

Answ: F*ck them song theories

- In E-40's album Hall Of Game in the song "Million Dollar Spot" which is a duet with Tupac, Tupac says, "Fans can't understand my ghetto slang, so i evade and plot and plan a life of better things...." Once again Tupac mentions his "plan".

- In Tupac's song "Ain't Hard 2 Find" on the album All Eyes On Me, he says "I heard rumors I died, murdered in cold blood, tramatized pictures of me in my final states, you know momma cryed, but that was fiction, some coward got the story twisted." It seems as if Tupac foretold the future.

- Scarface's song "Smile", which is a duet with Tupac, was supposedly recorded in September of '96, before Tupac was "shot". But the video for the song was released in May of '97 and the video depicts Tupac rapping while he appears to be crucified. At the end of the video, Tupac falls off the cross and stands up...which is another image of resurection. Towards the end of the video, it becomes slightly apparent that Tupac is actually portrayed by a look-alike. I still wonder, if he is really dead, then why do they keep making everyone so suspicious???

- In the video for "I Wonder if Heaven Got a Ghetto" the town it takes place in is called Rukahs. "Rukahs" spelled backwards is "Shakur". The room he goes into with the girl is room number 7. The clock in the background at the end is at 4:03...the same time he officially died. More funny stuff from the video producers. My question still remains, why?

- In Tupac's song "No More Pain" on the album All Eyes On Me, he says "A heart of a soldier with the brains to teach a whole nation." Could this be a reference to Machievelli or Jesus?

Answ: No

- On the cover of The 7 Day Theory, there is a picture of Tupac being crucified. This fits with the idea that Tupac "died" so he could be reincarnated as Makaveli. In the picture, there are five bullet holes. Interestingly, Tupac was "shot" 5 times.

Answ: No, Pac was shot 4 times

- The only witness to the shooting, Yafeu Fula, was found shot to death on Nov. 10th in a hallway of an apartment building in East Orange, NJ. Hmm...now no one will get any info out of him.

Answ: Gang related again

- After the shooting of Notorious B.I.G. on March 9th, 1997 Lieutenant Wayne Petersen of the the homicide division of the Las Vegas Police Department who has been investigating Shakur's alleged killing said, "Before yesterday, I had never even heard of the Notorious B.I.G. There is no link between the two murders. We think the only connection is in the minds of the media. The media wants to connect the two." If you asked anyone who knows anything about the Tupac case, they would say something about the rivalry between Biggie and Tupac. How will the Las Vegas police ever solve the case if they don't know the basics? The answer is that they won't. C'mon guys, that is pretty pathetic.

Answ: Don't know one

- According to my friend Roger as well as numerous other sources, in the first three seconds of The 7 Day Theory, the words "Suge shot me" are spoken very softly. Check it out for yourself, but that certainly is suspicious and it must mean something.

Answ: The guy that analyzed Ozzy Osbones voice back in the 1980s has prooven that 2Pac says something like "on The Top"

- On the song "Thug Luv" which is a duet with Tupac on Bone Thugs-N-Harmony's double CD Art Of War after Tupac says "whuz poppin' n*gga", Bizzy Bone can be heard saying "He's Alive He's Alive He's Alive" in the background.

No, Bizzy Bone is saying "Cleveland", Bone Thugs are originaly from Cleveland

- During an interview, an ABC correspondent asked Suge Knight, "If you knew who killed Tupac, would you tell the police?". Suge answered, "Absolutely not."

Answ: Gang...

- There are 3 more albums released since he is dead. They are released under the name "2 Pac" not "Makaveli". This implies many things...does this mean that "2Pac" is back?

Answ: No, its Afenis Songs, Makaveli = Deathrow

Rest In Peace Tupac Amaru Shakur 1971 - 1996

I really dunno. I want to believe that 2Pac is alive, but I dunno why he would want to fake his death. There are other ways to get outta the spotlight.