World Wrestling Federation 01/02 Season

Benji

Aye, tis SUPAH FUNKEH~!

I like the second show and am anticipating The Rock coming back again, despite him having to film :P

I am dissapointed that Lynn won on his debut show, but hopefully Jericho will go for the world title soon?

I look to see what happens with Stepha nd next show should be good.

Give us news updates too (Y)

Rock is 'filming' a little bit at a time, eventually he'll need a bigger break but for now he's 90% WWF ^_^ Lynn won to set up something a little more special, you half-guessed it on MSN.

I think HHH is going to turn on Rock and Vince will turn on Austin or something but HHH will end up with Vince somehow.

I can't say anything, but I hope you enjoy what I'm planning :P

Austin beating on JR, yeah. Great Smackdown, sorry I didnt reply a bit earlier :P

I'm glad that wasn't sarcasm about the 'yeah' bit, you will be sorry if you don't read this more often, bitch :wub:

Good shows so far. If your shows are this good, can't wait for your PPV write-ups.

PPV's are going to be more match oriented so I'm planning on a real PBP style for them, plus the winners of guess PPV contests will get the opportunity to make a few 'non-spoiler' storyline decisions/suggestions.

I've enjoyed both the shows so far, can't see anything wrong with them.

The Raven/Gunn confrontation before there match was good, and hopefully will lead onto Raven's Seven Deadly Sins angle.

Keep it up Benji  :thumbsup:

The Deadly Sins angle, well, as you can see it's happening before your very eyes, hopefully you won't guess it all though. I'm sad you can't see anything wrong 'cause I like to work upon criticism :P

Good Smackdown, I liked the Austin attack on JR, I just love seeing JR get beat up though :D

I don't think HHH is gonna turn heel, But I don't know about him talking to The Rock on the phone, They spent most of 2000 feuding and beating the shit out of each other. I don't think HHH and Rock would ever have a phone conversation where they seem to work together and trust each other.

Jerry Lynn debuting was cool, But having him debut and win the IC title against Jericho is a bit unrealistic. I mean, Sure he won the Light Heavyweight title in his debut, But it was against Crash. Hopefully Lynn becomes a big player now, Since he beat Jericho in his first match. A Lynn/Y2J feud would have kicked ass in real life. I'm sure you got something good planned.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what you'll do with guys like Angle, Benoit, Kane, Undertaker etc.

See, this is the criticism I like working on/explaining, it helps people understand my viewpoints and decisions :thumbsup:

The JR being beat up, it was a little cheap tactic, JR is beloved, and in his hometown it's not going to be nice, it seems Austin has totally flipped on his best friend and the world that once loved him, I'm trying to keep some similarities to the real 2001 Austin character as you can see.

Who says they need to trust each other? They are working together to fight a bigger enemy, like is said "The enemy of my enemy is my friend", and for now that is the logic I'm working on. The phone conversation was Triple H making sure he was alright because it's hard enough taking Austin or McMahon down alone, let alone when they are together.

The Lynn thing again... well, it may not be realistic to the WWF, but this is Season 01/02 and JL will be looking to be a contender, I wanted to keep the 'debut win' thing and it helped advance a planned storyline. So yeah.

The other guys will get shots in the diary, but it's hard to juggle so many top players in 11 segments per show, y'know? :)

Yeh, to whoever thought about Trips turning on Rock, I have that feeling.

Rock will be aligned with Austin and Trips and Vince and Steph will create the McMahon-Helmsley faction and that produces the main feud for most of the year.

Heat is coming up, so I'm looking for it to possibly further some storylines, if not, I can at least hope that Richards wins his match :)

Keep that feeling locked up and hope you are right for the PPV contest :P

The main feud? Are you forgetting there is an invasion waiting to happen? It's a key element to the year but not THE element my lovable Jou ^_^

Hope you enjoyed HeAt despite lack of Stevie, he'll get his turn sometime.

RAW next, any more questions, as usual, answered post-show ^_^

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrBenjamin

Wow this diary is one of the best I've ever seen.....I think you should just let TAKA Michinoku go for the Lightweight Title...He has a lot of talent and you should push him...Really cant wait for RAW!! :blush:

I'm not the biggest fan of short match results, mostly since I always seem to write long matches in fear of being too short, but I must say you pull it off. It's long enough to know whats happening, but too tiring to read.

The format is easy to read, even for skim-reading you have bolded the important parts, although I'm not too fond of the headings for each segment. Reading the show and having 'Commentary' or whatever appear first detracts from the feel of an actual show in my view, but not too much since it's more of a recap. Don't bust my balls about this being obvious, I read very few diaries, so it's a big difference from BvS to me :P

The storylines are...interesting. I won't really go into much detail since most of it's been said, especially Hewey's point about Rock/HHH. But after reading your hints, and teasers, I've got faith that you'll pull off something good.

Here's to a great diary, a congratulatory pinning and me finally remembering to read some diaries. Huzzah (Y)

I am currently writing RAW and will have it up as soon as possible after re-finding my SEGA Genesis and playing Sonic =P

I thought I'd do Q&A time now just to keep everyone updated on its situation and annoy those who see I updated and haven't put results

Very good update, Taka actually won against Haku so I'm happeee :) SUPAH FUNKEH~~!

Thats all I can really say on that, but yeh.

Oh, yeh, before I forget, in your question time can you list all the champions right now?

I'm a total mark for Taka, expect him to at least become my version of Stevie Night HeAT!

Good update and congratulation on getting it pinned ;)

Thanks very much, I'm amazed it's still pinned =-/

Wow this diary is one of the best I've ever seen.....I think you should just let TAKA Michinoku go for the Lightweight Title...He has a lot of talent and you should push him...Really cant wait for RAW!! :blush:

We'll see eh? I'm going to bring some more respect to that damn title if it kills me.

Aye congratulations for pinnage.

Benji, we can sort out this tonight ^_~

OhISay.

I don't want to be an ass or anything but why is this diary pinned while it has just begun? The diary is good so far but I think a diary should be pinned once it has accomplished something. He hasn't even done his first PPV yet.

Reason being, Beni's diary rocks the socks and has a multitude of readers after 3 shows, and hardly any other diaries are THIS good on first conception.

To be fair, I wasn't sure of the pinnage, but I'm thankful it is, Joucho pretty much covered the bases, but it's all opinion really.

Indeed it is a great diary here

Thanks.

I LOVE IT!

Really. And if HHH doesn't get injured, just think of the possibilities!

I always have a back up plan if he is, but obviously I'd rather he not, I may need to rest him in order to keep him fresh though.

I'm not the biggest fan of short match results, mostly since I always seem to write long matches in fear of being too short, but I must say you pull it off.  It's long enough to know whats happening, but too tiring to read. 

The format is easy to read, even for skim-reading you have bolded the important parts, although I'm not too fond of the headings for each segment.  Reading the show and having 'Commentary' or whatever appear first detracts from the feel of an actual show in my view, but not too much since it's more of a recap.  Don't bust my balls about this being obvious, I read very few diaries, so it's a big difference from BvS to me :P

The storylines are...interesting.  I won't really go into much detail since most of it's been said, especially Hewey's point about Rock/HHH.  But after reading your hints, and teasers, I've got faith that you'll pull off something good.

Here's to a great diary, a congratulatory pinning and me finally remembering to read some diaries.  Huzzah (Y)

The match results style will change at PPV's as they are match dominated obviously, I prefer getting the essentials down and then developing characters/feuds with the extra time I give myself, I think (read; hope) you'll agree that it works well.

I spent weeks on the format, perfecting and tweaking, I'm not exagurating, it really did get that much work. The commentary thing slightly annoys me too if I'm honest so I may remove it in future. Loads of people on MSN seem to compare this diary to BvS (not necesarilly in the sense of quality, but more BvS set a standard), which I feel is quite an honour.

Interesting is good, but I prefer great and/or tremendous =-P Any particular quibbles about the storylines which you didn't like? I'm not revealing if anyone has got any storylines right, because that would ruin the suprise, but I certainly like the next couple of months worth of plans.

Thanks for the congrats and finally you read ¬_¬

Catch you all very soon with RAW.

Good show Benji. I'm enjoying this diary alot. I loved 2001 before the invasion, And hopefully you'll do an awesome job with this. I'm glad you kept Heat the way it was before the WWF New York shit, I also love to see Taka picking up a win. And I agree, A Light Heavyweight title win would be good for him. In real life Scotty was injured, But I don't mind him being here, Since it adds a tag team. Plus, 2 Cool was the shit :D

Loads of people on MSN seem to compare this diary to BvS (not necesarilly in the sense of quality, but more BvS set a standard), which I feel is quite an honour

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but BvS was just the first story-diary that came to mind, I wasn't comparing them :P

I'm not revealing if anyone has got any storylines right, because that would ruin the suprise, but I certainly like the next couple of months worth of plans

And thats why I'm not guessing. I'd rather just read it through and see what happens, rather than guess and have you say, not necessarilly "Okay, you're right thats the story" but more "Oh, thats not it." Half the pleasure's in the anticipation, don'tcherknown >_>

Edited by Kaneanite

RAW is WAR 09-04-2001

Boston, Massachusetts

Announcers: Michael Cole and Paul Heyman

Forcing Unity

The end of last weeks Smackdown! are shown with JR getting beaten down by Steve Austin under command of Vince McMahon, the consequent save by Triple H and Michael Cole’s words which hung in the air. The intro to the show begins and ends as we go into the arena with Michael Cole doing tonight’s duty with Paul Heyman.

MICHAEL COLE: “Ladies and gentlemen we welcome you LIVE from the sold out Fleet Center in Boston, Mass. Sadly Jim Ross could not be here tonight after that HORRENDOUS attack by the evil ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin at the orders of Mr. McMahon. Tonight Paul you, despite all you and JR’s arguments, have to be feeling just a little bit sorry for Jim.”

PAUL HEYMAN: “I’m sorry for nothing, and you know why Michael Cole? Because I had nothing to do with that attack, Jim Ross cannot talk down to his boss and superiors like that and expect to get away with it!”

MICHAEL COLE: “I can’t believe you’re that heartless Paul, your fellow man was beaten down and you show no compassion, no remorse for your words?”

PAUL HEYMAN: “I’ll show compassion when I have to, but in this business, compassion gets you nowhere.”

”No Chance” plays and out walks the owner of the company with his usual mannerisms.

PAUL HEYMAN: “Mr McMahon has arrived, and you, Triple and the rest of the world will see exactly what I mean for HHH’s despicable actions of questioning his boss AND father-in-law I might add!”

McMahon climbs the ring steps and strolls around the ring before taking the mic (Sign in Crowd: McMahon Is a Corporate Devil).

VINCE MCMAHON: “You know, (What?) in pro wrestling many people have failed and many have succeeded (What?), and those who have succeeded did so by evolution, (What?) by doing what they needed to survive. (What?) Some people believe the theory of evolution (What?) and others choose to rationalise with ‘Gods’ (What?).

Now here in the WWF, (What?) these theories are more important than in any place, (What?) the two ideals intertwine. You see, in order to survive, you must evolve, change you alliances, and the only alliance which is ever guaranteed, is a deal with the devil, or a deal with a God. The Rock once knew this, Triple H once knew this, even ‘Stone Cold’ learned to know this, but it seems that one of these people, so far, is having second doubts… questioning his faith, if you will.

It’s not Steve Austin, he knows that, to be a champion, you must guarantee you will stay champion; Steve Austin is on the right side. Triple H, however, has not chosen the right side; you all saw how my daughter, Stephanie, asked him not to make any foolish choices? Well a man is no man without a good woman, and apparently Hunter does not appreciate my daughters’ advice, now I’m not sure what kind of man Triple H is to his wife, he never asked my consent for marriage-”

“Time To Play The Game!” the crowd is ERUPTING as Triple H’s music comes on the Titan Tron, right on cue, Hunter walks out onto the ramp, mic in hand and in his street clothes.

TRIPLE H: “Cut my damn music! Cut it!”

His music cuts out barely before it has a chance to start.

TRIPLE H: “Now I WASN’T intending on interrupting you tonight Vince, I wanted to listen to what you were going to say, but apparently you won’t let me do that. Instead of insulting and berating me for stopping your plans, you instead resort to degrading my relationship with your daughter. I made a choice last Thursday, I made the choice to finally show you that you will never get your own way, you and me used to work great as an alliance, you and Austin, I must admit, work well, but you can’t have it both ways Vince. No-no, I-”

VINCE MCMAHON: “For God’s sake, would you shut up? (What?)”

The crowd boo’s at this unusual ‘heel interrupts face mid-promo’ scenario.

TRIPLE: “I-”

VINCE MCMAHON: “NO-NO! (What?)Hunter you don’t appear to be getting this, this is MY time, (What?) and I’m sick of you trying to take the spotlight when all I request is a few minutes of my own show! (What?) Tonight you WILL listen to what I have to say. (What?) Tonight I am forcing this unison whether you like it or not, (What?) you and Austin will team up in tonight’s main event…”

Humongous crowd reaction causes Vince to pause mid-sentence.

VINCE MCMAHON: “Oh and Hunter, (What?) you two had best work together, (What?) because you will be taking on (What?)… THE UNDERTAKER AND KANE!”

The roof is blown off the Fleet Center at this huge main event. Vince’s music hits as Triple H stares him down.

PAUL HEYMAN: “What an announcement from the great Vince McMahon!”

MICHAEL COLE: “And this is just the beginning of the show Paul, that’s going to be one hell of a main event! We’ll be back after this break!”

RATING: 95%

Advert

Planning

As we return from commercial, we see Vince McMahon stepping out from behind a door, he tells something indecipherable to a security guard and then turns to walk off, Stephanie bumps into him.

STEPHANIE MCMAHON-HELMSLEY: “Daddy, I’m sorry for what Hunter did last week I-“

VINCE MCMAHON: “Stephanie, you have nothing to worry about, everyone saw that you tried to convince your husband not to mess with me. Now you are the only reason I’ve given him another chance, but remember that if he screws up tonight, its strike number three, and I’m not going to make any more allowances.”

STEPHANIE MCMAHON-HELMSLEY: “I know dad, but it’s just…”

VINCE MCMAHON: “What is it, Steph?”

STEPHANIE MCMAHON-HELMSLEY: “It’s just, I can’t control Hunter all the time, he’s his own person, and I’m already in the middle of you and mom’s arguments, I don’t want you and Hunter to make me choose too, especially over someone like Austin. I mean, I know you and he are working together now, but can you ever TRULY trust him?”

VINCE MCMAHON: “Steph, I assure you, after tonight, you will have NOTHING, to worry about concerning Austin, and when The Rock makes his return come Smackdown!, I’ll be uh… welcoming him with open arms…”

Vince kisses Stephanie’s cheek and walks off, the camera keeps on Steph as she looks over at the name on the door – ‘Triple H’. Steph shows a look of concern as we return to ringside.

MICHAEL COLE: “It looks like Mr. McMahon has a plan, but what did he mean by welcoming The Rock with open arms?”

PAUL HEYMAN: “You know as well as I do Michael Cole, that Vince McMahon is going to get what he wants, whether by choice or by force, and Triple H had better listen to him or else!”

RATING: 86%

TAG TEAM MATCH

The Hardy Boyz (W/ Lita) –VS– Right To Censor (W/ Steven Richards)

Right To Censor charged the ring as the match began, Bull managed to throw out Matt as Jeff got Goodfather to the outside. The mix of big brawler and small high flyer seemed to look a bad match from the outside but it wasn’t much of a problem. Bull kept trying to use throwing moves but Jeff’s agility allowed him some level of control. Jeff went for a diving hurricanrana but was caught by Bull mid-air and powerbombed hard into the mat.

Bull tagged in Goodfather and he kept control with very basic moves, kicks, stomps, clotheslines and the occasional grappling move. Right To Censor kept Jeff out of the reach of Matt by using fresh tags. When they whipped Jeff into the ropes for a shoulder toss Jeff jumped off the ropes and hit an amazing springboard split-legged dropkick. The chase was on as Jeff tagged in Matt and he was on fire! Matt eventually hit the Twist of Fate on Goodfather and Jeff hit the Swanton for the victory.

WINNER: The Hardy Boyz after Matt Hardy pinned Goodfather

RATING: 76% (70% Crowd / 83% Match)

Fairness

The camera immediately switches to backstage. William Regal is crunching some numbers when the door bursts open, the camera swings round to reveal Test, Regal stands quickly and starts shouting.

WILLIAM REGAL: “WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING? I GAVE YOU YOUR CHANCE LAST WEEK AND NOW YOU REPAY ME BY BURSTING IN HERE! GET OUT OF MY OFFICE IMMEDIATELY!”

Test just stares a hole through Regal.

TEST: “Listen here Regal, I’m sick and tired of being screwed, and after Smackdown!, I know that you’re behind this! I mean, I’m a damn great wrestler but Spike was never going to help me beat the tag team champions! I want to know why you screwed me!”

WILLIAM REGAL: “I did not ‘screw you’ as you so eloquently put it, I gave you a partner, Spike wanted a match and I gave it him, it’s not my fault you didn’t prepare for such an occasion! There was no ‘reason’, it was just how the cards were drawn.”

TEST: “Alright then, if fate is how you do things, I guess it’s fate for me to kick your ass and get this out of you! Me, you, in the ring tonight.”

WILLIAM REGAL: “I, uh, well about that. You see tonight I have not brought my ring gear, but I am an honourable man, and so I shall face you on Smackdown!”

TEST: “Alright Regal, but you best get ready, because come Smackdown!, you’ll have to put down your pens, because the test is over…”

Test walks out as Regal sighs with relief and sits back down.

MICHAEL COLE: “Dean Malenko, Crash Holly, Light-Heavyweight title, next!”

RATING: 61%

Advert

We return to Malenko making his way to the ring with Eddie Guerrero.

MICHAEL COLE: “On HeAT Dean Malenko attained the right to face Crash Holly, Malenko was the one Crash beat in order to get the title, but to get this title shot he used questionable methods, Paul.”

PAUL HEYMAN: “You don’t know what you’re talking about Michael, it’s like I keep saying, he did what he needed to!”

SINGLES MATCH

Dean Malenko (W/ Eddie Guerrero) –VS– Crash Holly (W/ Molly Holly)

The match starts with a lockup and a go-behind by Malenko, twisting the arm and tripping Crash but taking out his knees, Malenko worked over Crash’s legs, using psychology to cause damage for a potential Cloverleaf later, and to stop Crash jumping up the corner for a Crash Course Bulldog.

Malenko tried bringing in a weapon but the referee held him away, Malenko struggled with the ref allowing Eddie to try and hit Crash with a weapon of his own, but Molly pulled Eddie out of the ring as a he tried to climb in. Eddie started looking at Molly in his own ‘special’ way, he planted a kiss on her, with Crash ready to climb out the ring and stop him Malenko took advantage of the distraction and managed to manoeuvre into a Texas Cloverleaf.

Post-match Eddie and Malenko celebrated in-ring with their titles as Crash and Molly look very annoyed.

WINNER: Dean Malenko pinned Crash Holly to become the NEW WWF Light-Heavyweight champion

RATING: 69% (59% Crowd / 79% Match)

The Former Intercontinental Champion

Backstage, Jerry Lynn arrives in the arena, he is wearing shades and saunters into the arena with his Intercontinental title slung over his shoulder.

CHRIS JERICHO: “Well, well, if it isn’t KY Jelly Lynn. I see your enjoying your title.”

Jerry tilts his glasses and looks at Jericho with despondence.

JERRY LYNN: “I certainly think it looks better on its current owner than it did from its former.”

CHRIS JERICHO: “Whoa, Jerry, you are brave. You looked in the mirror and SURVIVED?! Jeez, if I hadn’t just seen your eyes as you tilted your glasses, I’d ask you if your eyes aren’t damaged, but evidently they adjusted to the horror.”

JERRY LYNN: “If that’s all you have to say Chris, then I’ll be going with MY title now.”

Lynn begins to walk off but Jericho puts his hand on Lynn’s chest. Jericho suddenly looks very serious.

CHRIS JERICHO: “No Jerry, that’s not the only thing I have to say, you beat me, but you didn’t do it like a man, you cheated, and I want a chance to get that title back around its owner.”

Jerry smiles and laughs lightly through his nose, he takes Jerichos hand off his chest and walks off.

JERRY LYNN: “Not in a million.”

Jericho looks annoyed as we return to ringside.

MICHAEL COLE: “Jerry Lynn wants nothing to do with Jericho now Paul.”

PAUL HEYMAN: “That’s because Lynn is a champion, he’d rather face fresh challenges rather than treating these fans to another horrible rematch, not that they deserve anything good.”

MICHAEL COLE: “Their match on Smackdown! was amazing Paul, I can’t believe you’d say that about two of your former employees and such a stellar match!”

PAUL HEYMAN: “Correction Michael, I said Lynn was a fighting champion, I said he was a great competitor!”

RATING: 80%

TAG TEAM LUMBERJACK MATCH

Edge & Christian (LUMBERJACKS/ Rhyno and Kurt Angle) –VS– X-Factor (LUMBERJACKS/ Albert and Rick Constantine)

The unknown Rick Constantine made his way to the ring in a suit as Heyman and Cole questioned who he was. The match began with E&C dominating, however their was also a huge fight going on outside, almost as if two tag team matches were going on.

Edge was taken to the outside early and torn apart by Albert and Constantine, as he was thrown back into the ring Angle tried to hit an Angle Slam on Constantine, but instead Constantine rolled over Angle’s back and hit him with an amazing spinning heel kick.

The in-ring action was overshadowed by the outside happenings, but the final result was caused when Edge was ready for a spear on Justin Credible when Christian was down, Bubba and D-Von appeared on the ramp, giving Justin and X-Pac the time to hit an X-Marks The Spot for the win!

WINNER: X-Factor after Justin Credible pinned Edge and become the NEW WWF Tag Team champions

RATING: 81% (78% Crowd / 84% Match)

MICHAEL COLE: “A huge win for X-Factor! It seems that this Constantine guy is good in a tight spot, an impressive first impression I have to admit.”

PAUL HEYMAN: “Yes you do Michael, Constantine will be a great addition to X-Factor, I happen to know the man and he is an amazing manager!”

MICHAEL COLE: “We’ve got an interview with X-Factor right after the break, don’t go away!”

Advert

X-Factor » The Underground

Backstage X-Factor are celebrating their title win with Jonathan Coachman standing by them.

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “Gentlemen, tonight is the biggest victory in X-Factors short lived history, do you have any plans?”

JUSTIN CREDIBLE: “Damn straight Coach! We’re going to kick some serious aces in the tag division; Edge & Christian was just the start! We’re going to be the dominant faction here in the WWF whether people like it or not!”

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “Will Edge and Christian be getting a rematch and how do you feel about the ending to your match? The Dudleyz interference certainly was a life saver.”

X-PAC: “’Ey, Coach, forget it, Edge and Christian ain’t getting near these titles, these are ours and they had no rematch clause. As for your little ‘ending’ question, does it matter? A win is a win, count it in that column boy!”

JONATHAN COACHMAN: “So is X-Factor getting bigger with your new member?”

RICK CONSTANTINE: “Jonathan, you keep calling us ‘X-Factor’, that is such a drab name, please call us by our new tag, welcome Jonathan Coachman, to the first viewing of ‘Sports Agent to the Superstars’; Richard Constantine’s – Underground!”

The newly christened Underground walk off chanting their name as we return to the arena.

MICHAEL COLE: “Well it looks like Constantine certainly has ‘The Underground’ working as a unit, he made the difference tonight on the outside at least.”

The Acolytes make their way out to the ring as Cole finishes his sentence.

PAUL HEYMAN: “Here come a team destined for a loss tonight, Raven and his partner are going to tear them apart, I happen to know who his partner is and I bet you can’t predict it Michael Cole!”

RATING: 75%

TAG TEAM MATCH

Raven and Billy Gunn –VS– The Acolytes

Raven stepped out of the curtain with Gunn rather than revealing it slowly. The Acolytes were caught off guard by this tandem. Gunn and Bradshaw started off with a test-of-strength, which Bradshaw won by kicking Gunn in the gut. Gunn took a while to get back into the match but managed it but ducking a Clothesline from Hell and turning it into a hot tag to Raven as they double teamed Bradshaw.

Raven kept beating down Bradshaw, and Farooq when he was tagged in, Raven and Gunn tagged enough to stay in the ring together pretty much all the time, but simply could not seem to get the pin fall. Raven and Gunn looked at one another and nodded, they went to the outside and grabbed steel chairs. They climbed back in and began beating down on Bradshaw and Farooq with chairs as the referee called for a disqualification.

WINNER: The Acolytes via DQ

RATING: 71% (74% Crowd / 65% Match)

Holy in Hardcore

PAUL HEYMAN: “This is beautiful! I’ve never seen a tag team dominate The Acolytes quite like this!”

Raven demands a microphone, after a while he receives one, Billy simply beats down The Acolytes with the chair as Raven talks.

RAVEN: “Hardcore is not just a way of life, it is a religion, a religion of which I am the saviour, I am YOUR saviour. Billy learned my ways were the way of the future, rules are broken by sinners and we are sinners. This is why we accept hardcore, because there are no rules, in it we are the champions, we are the leaders.

This is a message to you two, join us, accept us, or be destroyed, we need the sinners, without each other we can never achieve what we all want. Bradshaw, Farooq, if you can’t join us, we’ll beat you… Quote The Raven; Nevermore!”

Billy and Raven pick up Farooq and Bradshaw, Billy kicks Farooq in the gut as Raven holds Bradshaw under his arm, in sync they drop their opponents, Billy with his old Fame-Ass-Er and Raven with the Evenflow DDT, with sickening crashes both the Acolytes land, face/head first, into awaiting steel chairs, Raven and Billy celebrate.

MICHAEL COLE: “Raven and Gunn couldn’t finish the job with a win but they certainly made an impact!”

PAUL HEYMAN: “Don’t doubt Raven, Michael, this would have been his plan all along, he knows his opponents inside out and he’ll get his way if it means destroying every person in his path, or even himself!”

RATING: 79%

Advert

TAG TEAM MATCH

The Brothers of Destruction –VS– Triple H and Steve Austin

Kane and Triple H started things off, Triple H’s ability to counter was key in this fight as Kane’s power was something not even the huge muscles of ‘The Game’ could handle. Triple H tagged in Austin with a very hard tag, Austin held some level of dominance over Kane.

The two men went back and forth, never tagging their partner in, they really went at it, attacking one another, Austin eventually tagged in Triple H with another hard tag, Hunter dominated Kane, he once again hard tagged Austin. Kane gained energy out of nowhere and set up Austin for the Chokeslam, Austin kicked him in the gut and went for the Stunner, which Kane reversed by shoving him away.

After a moment of eyeing one another up, Kane and Austin tagged in their partners, the rematch from WrestleMania X-7 seemed to be on as they measured one another up. From out of nowhere Kane and Stone Cold began attacking their own partners, the crowd was furious. The referee called for the bell as the scene becomes apparent; Mr McMahon stands on the ramp way smiling.

WINNER: No Contest

RATING: 92% (97% Crowd / 83% Match)

MICHAEL COLE: “With Vince McMahon on the ramp it’s all clear now Paul!”

PAUL HEYMAN: “Once again ‘The Cerebral Assassin’ is beaten at his own game by the great Mr. McMahon!”

MICHAEL COLE: “Well, it seems Vince has bought another soul in his relentless attack upon his own company. With Kane on his side what will the repercussions be? The Undertaker will not forgive his own brother for this betrayal and with The Rock returning on Smackdown! it’s going to be one hell of a night this Thursday! I’m Michael Cole with Paul Heyman, goodnight folks!”

The show ends with Kane and Austin raising hands as Mr McMahon claps on the ramp.

POST-SHOW NOTES

- JR was not in attendance at RAW tonight, he was instead out scouting for signings for the upcoming invasion at a secret WWF training camp location. This allowed him the night off, a storyline to give more to the Austin character, and Michael Cole a chance at being at the main voice of the show alongside Paul Heyman

- The WWF Light-Heavyweight title is gaining more respect and hopefully Dean Malenko can have more challenges than his last reign involved, the Tag titles also appear to be gaining momentum

- Too Cool have been sent to Ohio Valley, despite the air time on HeAT the booking team feel the gimmick is getting stale and it is time for a change, apparently GMS is considering leaving after his father quit around a month ago and now this

- The debut of former American Gladiator Rico Constantino as Rick Constantine was a choice made about a week ago, he lost the OVW title to Flash Flanagan on April 4th and was called up, he will not be an in-ring competitor until the WWF feels he is ready (he is still in OVW, he just has a lighter schedule, thus the loss of the title), but he does have an on-screen role playing a Sports Manager which seemed to work, he already seemed to be getting over upon his debut

- Perry Saturn was noticeably missing from RAW, it is unknown why this was at this point in time

- Billy Gunn’s new gimmick of being ‘Ravishing’ got a positive response but it still appears slightly weak, this may have been because Farooq’s poor selling in his match made him seem weak, which is not a good way to start a new gimmick

- Kane appeared strong from his turn, this new alliance will do wonders for his ‘stock’

- Triple H still looks quite weak playing a ‘Franchise Player’

- Billy Gunn said he enjoyed tagging with Raven and thinks the team would potentially be a great addition to the tag roster

- Dean Malenko and Crash both suggested storylines to management, both men were told that plans had been made and they would try and incorporate the ideas into these angles

- We got a 74% approval rating,

- RAW is WAR got a 7.29 rating

OOC: I love cheesy catchphrases like I gave Test, screw you :shifty:

Edited by Benji O' Doom~!

Great update, and I guessed the mystery guy. Too bad I didnt guess that Kane would join with Austin and Vince, maybe Trips and Taker will face Kane and Austin on Smackdowna dn Rock will show who he will align with.

I bet he aligns with Trips, Trips then turns and stuff.

Good Raw, I so did not see the Kane turn. I just hope we don't get a long Taker/Kane feud out of it. Who knows? McMahon might make Kane/HHH and Taker/Austin at Backlash or something? X-Factor as the champions rock, Hell, Pac with any title is cool (except the women's of course). I like the way you're making Lynn extra cocky, But his charisma isn't too high is it? Maybe a manager would work wonders for him. Looking forward to Smackdown :D

Guest MrBenjamin

Very good Update...I never tought Kane was going to join Austin and Vincent McMahon....But it's cool, I would like to see a feud between The Undertaker and Kane....Lynn is becoming a big player, that segment with Chris Jericho was really cool....Dean Maleno as the Lightweight Champ rocks!! I just hope you give TAKA Michinoku a chance for it...Maybe on Heat!!...Also X-Factor as the Tag Champs is cool as well....Only problem is that you havent used Kurt Angle that much....And what about Benoit??.....Anyways....Cant wait for Smackdown....Rock's Return will definetly be a 100% Segment lol!!... :thumbsup:

This is already one of the best diaries in the forum. Excellent in every way, I've enjoyed each and every show so far. I'm marking out for Raven, which is always enjoyable, and it's nice to see Billy Gunn being used in a new and interesting way. I liked the Test catchphrase too, cheesy stuff rocks.

Lookin' forward to SmackDown - I can't see Rock joining Vince, that'd be 3 main eventers versus Triple H, even the power of BACKSTAGE POLITICS can't overcome that.

RK!

Smackdown! 12-04-2001

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Announcers: Michael Cole and Tazz

The People’s vertical stripes

The intro plays, the superstars pose an action shots occur, the usual intro as we enter into the arena with fireworks going off as we go to the announcers table.

MICHAEL COLE: “Welcome to the First Union Center here in Philadelphia, I’m Michael Cole here with Tazz, and tonight we’ve got one heck of a main event!”

TAZZ: “It’s gonna’ be a rockbuster Cole, Kane and Austin versus Triple H and The Undertaker, and you have to think that ‘The Game’ and ‘Taker will be wanting revenge.”

MICHAEL COLE: “That’s right Tazz, but so soon after WrestleMania can these two men trust one another? That’s an answer we’ll find out later, before that we have Bradshaw and Billy Gunn going one on one, Chris Jericho and TBC taking on The Radicalz and Test and William Regal will be going at it too!”

”If Ya’ Smell!” the familiar sound sends the fans in attendance into a frenzy, the man they call ‘The Peoples Champion’ makes his way down to the ring with intent.

TAZZ: “Whelp, business just picked up Cole, The Rock looks like a man possessed!”

The Rock poses on opposite turnbuckles before taking a microphone, he raises an eyebrow, cocks his head and opens his mouth slowly, drawing out each word.

THE ROCK: “Finally… The Rock has come BACK… to Philadelphia!”

The crowd erupts as they finish shouting alongside Rock, he smiles a brief moment before returning to what he came to say.

THE ROCK: “One and a half weeks ago, The Rock was getting ready for a match, he was preparing himself for the rematch of a lifetime, he was going to whoop some ass in a steel cage. Do the People remember this? The Rock remembers this, The Rock was not a happy man when that time limit expired and he lost the WWF World title indefinitely.

But be assured, it was indefinitely, you see, The Rock may not be a ‘God’, an ‘Immortal’, and The Rock certainly isn’t a devil, but The Rock is, is a champion. The Rock walks the path of HONOUR. The Rock is like an ancient knight, and much like the ‘Sword in the Stone’, it should be the ‘World title on The Rock’! So, in an ode to the minstrels of those days, The Rock composed a little song about ol’ ‘Stone Cold’…”

The crowd cheers heavily as The Rock gives them a nod and smile of approval.

TAZZ: “Haha! I guess you’re the court jester Cole!”

THE ROCK: “The ode is in a four line, four verse form and it goes a little like this…

Stone Cold, Stone Cold

Where would you be?

If you actually had some balls

And faced me fairly?

You cheat like a wife

Who is getting none

Just like Debra

Looking for ‘fun’!

I used to relish

The idea of facing you

But now you know

A punishment is due

Because The Rock is back

He wants HIS gold

He’s going to kick your ass

And he’s doing it fourfold!”

Just as The Rock looks ready to keep it up, “No Chance” hits the speakers and Vince McMahon makes his way to the ring.

TAZZ: “Haha! I guess you’re the court jester Cole!”

The crowd pops the roof off at The Rock’s song, he waits for them to calm before continuing.

THE ROCK: “Thank you, The Rock appreciates it, but you know what The Rock didn’t appreciate? Triple H’s interference in his match with Austin, The Rock dislike help, but apparently on this occasion it was needed, while Rock has kicked Austin and McMahon’s ass alike, he simply could not deal with them twice in two nights. So The Rock took out ‘insurance’ as ‘Stone Cold’ put it.

Sadly The Rock’s insurance policy fell through, his claim was invalid and he was a King without a crown, but rest assured that The Rock, and Rock is sure Triple H too, will not stop until he is the champion again, if that means going through Kane, Austin, McMahon or even Triple H himself, he will be champion!”

”Time To Play The Game!” On cue comes Triple H, looking worse for wear after his beating last week, mic in hand he walks down to the ring, he climbs into the ring and stares at Rock.

TRIPLE H: “Rock, did I just hear you right? You’ll go through ME?”

The Rock mimes ‘That’s right’.

TRIPLE H: “Thanks for making that clear, you see, here I was, calling you pretty much every day since your suspension, fighting that ungodly alliance on my own, while you rest up, and you claim that you’ll go THROUGH me? Well Rock quite frankly that doesn’t impress me, tonight me and The Undertaker are teaming up, and it seems, despite facing him not twelve days ago, I have more unity with him than I do with the man who is meant to be my closest ally in this time.”

THE ROCK: “You done? Good, because The Rock does indeed trust you Triple H, The Rock trusts you to get the job done, but The Rock is slightly concerned by your track record when it comes to being against McMahon. Take a look back Hunter, to WrestleMania 2000, Vince McMahon was in The Rock’s corner, Triple H just one of his many enemies, and by the end of the night it was The Rock down on the floor as Vince and Triple H stood over him.

Now The Rock just wants to know, with the roles reversed, will the son-in-law pull the same stunt…?”

Triple H looks at The Rock, they share an intense showdown until Triple H extends his hand, The Rock looks around at the crowd, they cheer for him to go ahead, The Rock wipes his nose a moment and looks down at the open palm, slowly he drops his hand to the level and they grip one another in a handshake.

MICHAEL COLE: “Tazz, I think we’ve just witnessed the true birth of an alliance as unholy as Austin and McMahon’s, and it may be the only alliance that can beat them!”

Out walks the WWF Chairman to no music, he stands on the ramp watching The Rock and Triple H.

VINCE MCMAHON: “Well, well, isn’t this a pretty little picture (What?), you gentlemen seem to think that a simple handshake will cement your alliance (What?)? Oh no, it takes much more than that, (What?) you see, tonight I have a little idea (What?), tonight The Rock will be refereeing the tag team match tonight, (What?) and Rock, I trust that YOU, will make the right decision.”

McMahon’s music hits as The Rock and Triple H look at each other, as HHH questions Rock about this suspicious move by McMahon.

TAZZ: “Well, McMahon seems to have a game plan, but why on earth would he make The Rock the referee?”

MICHAEL COLE: “I have a feeling we’ll know before the nights end Tazz, don’t go away because Bradshaw and Billy Gunn go one-on-one, next!”

RATING: 94%

Advert

SINGLES MATCH

Billy Gunn (W/ Raven) –VS– Bradshaw (W/ Farooq)

The two men were accompanied by their partners, the match began with Bradshaw dominating. Gunn was hit with some stiff shots and didn’t seem very bothered about it at all, Gunn eventually got a reversal in which lead to some cheap shots, Raven jumped up on the ropes and distracted the referee while Billy low blowed Bradshaw.

Farooq and Raven beat on each other as Bradshaw kicked out of a pin fall attempt. Raven came from nowhere with a move on Farooq and hit the Raven Effect DDT, Raven called to Gunn, who was just about to hit the Fame-Ass-Er. Gunn stopped mid-taunt and climbed out of the ring, following Raven. Bradshaw was left in the ring wondering what just happened as he checked on Farooq and the ref called for the bell.

WINNER: Bradshaw via Count Out

RATING: 68% (72% Crowd / 61% Match)

Top-Half

Backstage, Molly Holly is sorting out her appearance, she says something incomprehensible to Jan the makeup lady to go, the word ‘Bob’ can be heard.

MOLLY HOLLY: “Ah, that’s much better.”

The door opens to the dressing room and in walks Ivory, shortly followed by the rest of Right To Censor. Molly turns down at the mouth a little and sighs.

MOLLY HOLLY: “What do YOU guys want?”

IVORY: “Since you asked so nicely miss, I’d like to invite you into a match.”

MOLLY HOLLY: “Oh?”

IVORY: “Indeed, you see, I’ve spoken to commissioner Regal, and it seems in order to get a title shot against that freak Chyna, I have to beat all potential contenders ahead of me, and you are one of them, so I would like to invite you to a Fatal-4-Way on RAW next week, I already have the entrance of Jacqueline and that thong wearing whore, Lita, I’m assuming I can rely on the…”

Ivory points to Molly’s sizeable upper assets.

IVORY: “… other half, shall we say, of the slut bodies?”

A cough can be heard behind RTC, they split and Hardcore Holly walks down the middle, closely followed by Crash, he turns around to face Ivory as Molly smiles, Hardcore stares them all out.

HARDCORE HOLLY: “I don’t know about calling her a slut Ivory, I seem to remember a time when your… ‘assets’ popped out once in a while, far more visible than my cousins here. You can count on her in your match, and as a little preview of the Holly gene pool, how about one of you prissy lil’ SOB’s take me on tonight, one-on-one?”

CRASH HOLLY: “Yeah! Unless you don’t think you’re man enough!”

The four men look at each other, then at Val, he seems slightly wary at first, but nods and accepts his fate, they turn back round.

VAL VENIS: “As a former coveter of the loin, I shall accept your challenge, I’ll see you in the ring later tonight!”

HARDCORE HOLLY: “I look forward to it…”

The Right To Censor slowly filter out of the room except Venis, who looks at Holly intently, and then looks at Molly and gives a quick smile as you see a glint in his eyes.

MOLLY HOLLY: “Uh… ew…”

Venis looks slightly hurt and returns to his previous status, he gives Hardcore Holly a quick look before walking out. Crash looks at his watch.

CRASH HOLLY: “Oops! I better go get ready I got a match!”

Crash rushes out the room as Molly looks at ‘Bob’.

MOLLY HOLLY: “Thanks…”

Hardcore nods, Molly hugs her cousin quickly before rushing out after Crash.

RATING: 71%

Advert

SINGLES MATCH

Chris Jericho and Crash Holly (W/ Molly Holly) –VS– The Radicalz

Jericho and Crash appeared an odd couple but all throughout the match they were playing practical jokes on their opponents. Eventually they got serious and as Malenko had Crash in the cloverleaf Jericho entered and hit a springboard dropkick. He dragged Crash over and made the tag himself, Malenko tagged Guerrero too but Jericho was simply unstoppable, Jericho managed to hit the Lionsault for a sweet victory over the WWF European champion.

WINNER: Chris Jericho and Crash Holly after Jericho pinned Guerrero

RATING: 77% (71% Crowd / 83% Match)

What the heck? Let’s shrug!

William Regal is in his office stretching and preparing for his match when some legs walk into the scene, Regal continues stretching as the camera pans up to reveal Team RECK, all together.

EDGE: “Hey, Will, what’s up?”

Regal continues stretching, Edge looks at Christian and they make ‘what the heck?’ faces, they shrug and turn back.

CHRISTIAN: “Anyhow Willy, we were just wondering, seeing as we’ve done you favours by taking on Test, we thought perhaps a rematch for the tag team titles was in order.”

KURT ANGLE: “Darn straight, and I’ve been sitting on my butt for the last couple of weeks when I could be out there showing people what it takes to be this good! I beat Chris freakin’ Benoit and he’s been at home since, while I’ve been here and nobody seems to care!”

The ECK of RECK all look at Rhyno to make a complaint, he just snorts and smiles sadistically.

RHYNO: “Crushed… Spike… Want… Again…”

Once again they do the ‘what the heck?’ to shrug gesture before looking at Regal expecting a reply, they don’t get one, Regal stands up and starts jogging on the spot.

WILLIAM REGAL: “Gentlemen, (heavy breathing) I request you leave (heavy breathing) my presence, (heavy breathing) I am preparing myself (heavy breathing) for an important (heavy breathing) match… please… take matters into (heavy breathing) your own hands.”

Regal finally stops running as the members walk out of the room looking annoyed, Regal looks up and smiles, he goes after the men.

WILLIAM REGAL: “Oh Kurt…”

The scene fades as we return to the announcers table.

TAZZ: “It looks like Regal is prepared for his match, but his lack of concern over the men who help him sure is peculiar.”

MICHAEL COLE: “You’ve got to wonder what kind of personal agenda Regal has with Test to make him act like this Tazz.”

RATING: 95%

SINGLES MATCH

Hardcore Holly (W/ Molly Holly) –VS– Val Venis (W/ Ivory)

For the second time tonight, Molly accompanies a superstar to the ring. Venis started off with some speedy moves, Holly brought in the stiff brawling as Val brought the speed and technical wrestling.

On the outside Ivory taunted Molly calling her a ‘bimbo’, to which Molly took exception as they brawled, both the men involved were forced to separate them, the referee sent them to the back separately. The match kept on, Holly went for a big vertical Suplex, but Val reversed it into one of his own, hitting a Falcon Arrow and getting a solid three count.

WINNER: Val Venis via Pinfall

RATING: 65% (62% Crowd / 69% Match)

MICHAEL COLE: “If the intensity in the Women’s match is anything like it was tonight between those two, I can’t wait to see what they can pull out.”

TAZZ: “No doubt Cole, and with two other diva’s in that ring on RAW, it’s no wonder the Women’s division is growing so fast!”

MICHAEL COLE: “Up next, the newly named “Underground” will take on The Dudley three!”

Advert

SIX MAN TAG MATCH

The Dudley Boyz –VS– The Underground (W/ Rick Constantine)

The Underground were taking orders from Rick throughout the match. The Dudleyz had the big experience edge as they attempted to get the win and a shot at the tag titles. Bubba started off against Albert, the big man held his own against Bubba, after a while he tried to choke the biggest Dudley, which resulted in a three-on-one beat down.

Bubba tagged in D-Von but as they went for the 3D Albert instead booted Bubba and did some form of neck breaker on D-Von which resulted in him landing rather strangely as Cole sold it as a “Derailer”. Albert tagged in Justin and X-Pac to work over D-Von as Spike cheered on his brother, Justin was the last man left when his team mates returned to the turnbuckle, but his missed superkick resulted in D-Von hitting a hot tag.

Spike Dudley used his great speed and the turnbuckles to his advantage, he performed an Acid Drop by running off Albert’s face on the turnbuckle and got even greater height, but as he looked for the pin he noticed Team RECK (minus Kurt) on the ramp.

Justin made the tag and Albert and X-Pac hit an X-Factor with Albert slamming his legs down also in a bizarre 3D invert. With the other Dudleyz down from Albert’s huge move this allowed X-Pac a cover for the victory as REC celebrated on the ramp

WINNER: The Underground via Pinfall when X-Pac pinned Spike

RATING: 69% (69% Crowd / 70% Match)

MICHAEL COLE: “It looks like they took the commissioners advice, and once again The Underground steals one thanks to this feud between the Dudleyz and Edge, Christian and Rhyno!”

TAZZ: “But those moves by The Underground, they were some awesome new tricks Cole, you know, I wouldn’t be surprised if this Constantine guy is a dab hand in training as well as managing!”

Advert

Test versus William Regal… Not Half

Test stands in the ring, already prepared for his match against Regal as we return from the ad break, Regal’s music hits and he walks out, with a huge grin on his face.

WILLIAM REGAL: “Test, old chum, it seems that you have been a victim in the past few weeks, it seems that I have been… picking on you? Right? Well I’ll be honest, I have, I thought I might be able to toughen you up…”

MICHAEL COLE: “Yeah, and I’m the Pope.”

TAZZ: “You’re half way there with stupid haircuts, it’s just your head instead of headgear.”

WILLIAM REGAL: “… well, I’m giving you one LAST chance to go back on your challenge and we can forget it all, you can go away and be stuck in the nether-regions of the show I virtually run, what do you say?”

Test mimes a ‘No’ in the ring and shakes his head profusely.

WILLIAM REGAL: “Very well, I agreed to face you, and so I shall, and now allow me to introduce my partner for this handicap match…”

TAZZ: “What the…?”

WILLIAM REGAL: “… ‘Your Olympic Hero’… KURT ANGLE!”

Kurt’s music hits and out he walks, the reason for his non-appearance earlier with his team mates and Regal chasing after him now revealed. They make their way to the ring as Test mutters about being screwed around again.

RATING: 74%

2-On-1 Handicap Match

Kurt Angle and William Regal –VS– Test

This match was as elementary as you can get in a handicap without making the loser look totally weak, Regal and Kurt kept the dominance, working on the legs, thereby preventing Test from using the Big Boot and setting up for the Ankle lock. Test managed a powerbomb onto Regal to the outside, but it was enough as he turned into a Belly-To-Belly and a swift Ankle lock for the victory to Angle and Regal.

WINNER: Kurt Angle and William Regal after Angle made Test submit

RATING: 68% (69% Crowd / 67% Match)

Test versus William Regal… Not Half

Triple H is backstage preparing, when The Undertaker walks up to him.

THE UNDERTAKER: “Hey, Hunter, I just want to say, no matter what, I got your back tonight, never mind if The Rock ain’t, or you haven’t got his, you earned my respect at WrestleMania and for standing up to Vince…”

Triple H looks up at Undertaker and nods in acknowledgement, Undertaker walks off as HHH keeps warming up.

MICHAEL COLE: “Triple H, Undertaker, Kane, Austin – NEXT!”

RATING: 86%

Advert

SINGLES MATCH WITH SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE THE ROCK

Triple H and Undertaker –VS– Kane and Steve Austin

The match began with Undertaker and Austin, the beer drinking bike lovers got really into the start of the match, Austin teased a Stunner and Undertaker teased a Last Ride, both reversed until finally they made dual tags, Kane and Triple H, Triple H managed to change the level from last week, gaining a form of strength advantage, he did the ‘test of strength’ bit and won, but Kane hit a low blow, The Rock told him off as Kane bemoaned him, Austin attacked HHH as Rock was distracted.

Kane began dominating Triple H more and more until Triple H finally got the tag to ‘Taker, however Kane wanted no part of his brother and tagged in Austin. This time Austin managed to gain the momentum and hit a HUGE stunner on Undertaker, but Triple H made the save, Austin shouted at Rock to clear him out, Rock did so and Kane attacked while he was distracted again, this time Rock caught him and warned him that this was his last chance. Austin finally lost control of Undertaker who tagged in Triple H, Austin, like Kane with Undertaker, wanted no part of HHH and tagged Kane back in.

Kane instantly kicked HHH in the gut and went for the Chokeslam, but this was no ordinary Chokeslam as his lifted him high above the ring and threw him out where he landed on ring steps with such a thud they were dented.

The Rock called for time out and asked for medics as everyone, including Austin, checked on HHH, medics finally arrived, an ad break occurred and HHH was still not up, they carried him away as the crowd chanted his name. The Rock asked Undertaker if he wanted to continue alone, to which he agreed.

Undertaker and Kane battled back and forth, Austin simply watched the spectacle unfold. Kane and ‘Taker went for a Chokeslam on one another when that sinister smile came on Austin’s face, suddenly Kane and Undertaker wrapped their spare hands around The Rock’s throat! Dual Chokeslams made the message clear.

WINNER: No Contest, referee attacked

RATING: 84% (91% Crowd / 70% Match)

MICHAEL COLE: “When will the backstabbing and carnage end Tazz?”

TAZZ: “I dunno’ Cole, but it seems that when McMahon bought one brothers soul he bought it in stereo!”

MICHAEL COLE: “I can’t believe what I am witnessing, from me Michael Cole and my partner Tazz, goodnight.”

The scene ends with Kane and Undertaker lifting Austin upon their shoulders celebrating as Austin and ‘Taker drink bear while Austin raises the title high.

POST-SHOW NOTES

- The huge amounts of adverts was thought to be due to the cutting of the show, the adverts were more often by less in length, keeping the flow of the show, it is thought that more promo videos may be shown in order to reduce ads in match filled shows in future

- Billy Gunn’s gimmick of being ‘ravishing’ didn’t really work out looking that good tonight

- Despite a change to a more ‘Old School Face’ role, the fans still don’t quite buy HHH’s gimmick or him as a face in general

- Molly, Hardcore Holly and Ivory all looked very strong in their segment tonight and came across well, it really got them all over

- Undertakers heel turn came across amazingly and should create a nice platform for the new alliance which is building

- Christian seems to be gaining momentum as a character

- Val Venis seemed to hint towards a face turn in his segment, he has suggested new angles to management and it seems this may be the result

- Albert has requested his group get more of a push, management say they are awaiting results before going full steam

- We got a 72% approval rating,

- Smackdown! got a 7.26 rating

Good show Benji. I'm enjoying this diary alot. I loved 2001 before the invasion, And hopefully you'll do an awesome job with this. I'm glad you kept Heat the way it was before the WWF New York shit, I also love to see Taka picking up a win. And I agree, A Light Heavyweight title win would be good for him. In real life Scotty was injured, But I don't mind him being here, Since it adds a tag team. Plus, 2 Cool was the shit :D

Scotty proves you can do anything if you put your mind to it... that and you can never do too much research for a diary. I hated WWF New York, but it will get a role in PPV's most likely.

Loads of people on MSN seem to compare this diary to BvS (not necesarilly in the sense of quality, but more BvS set a standard), which I feel is quite an honour

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but BvS was just the first story-diary that came to mind, I wasn't comparing them :P

I'm not revealing if anyone has got any storylines right, because that would ruin the suprise, but I certainly like the next couple of months worth of plans

And thats why I'm not guessing. I'd rather just read it through and see what happens, rather than guess and have you say, not necessarilly "Okay, you're right thats the story" but more "Oh, thats not it." Half the pleasure's in the anticipation, don'tcherknown >_>

I hate to burst your bubble but you weren't the only one :P The less guesses the better the suprise, if you want to guess I don't mind, but you'll feel better by knowing it when others didn't when results are released.

Great update, and I guessed the mystery guy. Too bad I didnt guess that Kane would join with Austin and Vince, maybe Trips and Taker will face Kane and Austin on Smackdowna dn Rock will show who he will align with.

I bet he aligns with Trips, Trips then turns and stuff.

You didn't guess him, Rico > You

Nobody is clear anymore, not with Vince's "Million Dollar Man" routine :wub:

Woah I didn't see that coming.

Great update man.

Thankyou, suprise is fun ^_^

Good Raw, I so did not see the Kane turn. I just hope we don't get a long Taker/Kane feud out of it. Who knows? McMahon might make Kane/HHH and Taker/Austin at Backlash or something? X-Factor as the champions rock, Hell, Pac with any title is cool (except the women's of course). I like the way you're making Lynn extra cocky, But his charisma isn't too high is it? Maybe a manager would work wonders for him. Looking forward to Smackdown :D

'Taker/Kane feud, don't be silly! I think that's clear on Smackdown! it isn't going to happen. Lynn is just playing a character, he's not acting cocky, he's just protecting himself if you notice. I don't want to use a manager just for the SCHITCK~ so if he does get one expect an ACTUAL manager style.

Very good Update...I never tought Kane was going to join Austin and Vincent McMahon....But it's cool, I would like to see a feud between The Undertaker and Kane....Lynn is becoming a big player, that segment with Chris Jericho was really cool....Dean Maleno as the Lightweight Champ rocks!! I just hope you give TAKA Michinoku a chance for it...Maybe on Heat!!...Also X-Factor as the Tag Champs is cool as well....Only problem is that you havent used Kurt Angle that much....And what about Benoit??.....Anyways....Cant wait for Smackdown....Rock's Return will definetly be a 100% Segment lol!!... :thumbsup:

Too much to reply to, I think I've answered all the questions with SD! bar Taka situation, but I'm leaving that open.

This is already one of the best diaries in the forum. Excellent in every way, I've enjoyed each and every show so far. I'm marking out for Raven, which is always enjoyable, and it's nice to see Billy Gunn being used in a new and interesting way. I liked the Test catchphrase too, cheesy stuff rocks.

Lookin' forward to SmackDown - I can't see Rock joining Vince, that'd be 3 main eventers versus Triple H, even the power of BACKSTAGE POLITICS can't overcome that.

RK!

Politics are causing HHH to lose overness, that and no gimmick seems to fit him :crying: