all about the hardcore shite

Guest the_dark_guitarist

You just described the majority of emo and punk with a great amount of "rock" produced today.

And I wish people would stop using the term genius when we talk about metal. There's basically two kinds of metal. We have enough money we want to become techno metal. And we have no money, so we're going to yell real loud about killing people so that angsty teens will buy our music. Metal is pathetic. Metal has never recovered from hair metal, and it never will, because unlike rock even the indy metal scene sucks. There is no hope for a breakout star, because all metal bands with no fans just whine, bitch, and growl about eating people.

And major metal is all just rock rock pause, rock rock pause. See Metallica. See Godsmack. It's all popular music that becomes more and more refined with the day. And like most music, when you refine it it just tastes like chlorine.

I don't think I've heard anything more stupid. "All metal bands with no fans just whine, bitch, and growl about eating people" ? Hey, be a little more stereotypical, twat.

In Flames is probably the most complex and ever changing band in the history of metal music perhaps along with Metallica

...uhh... I hate to argue here, but I really wouldn't use Metallica as an example. I give them credit for adapting, but what they've "adapted and changed to" of late has been utter shit.

If I were going to show progression with a metal band, I would use Cradle of Filth. Listening to Total Fucking Darkness, and then listening to Damnation and a Day really shows just how much a ban can change, without losing any of their core fanbase, or becoming utter shit like Metallica has...

here's to hoping Metallica takes a trip back in time for their next project.

I got a good laugh when I told the_dark_guitarist that Midget was a moderator. I think now he might watch what he says to Midget.

I think the really funny part is that he tried to insult Midget's intelligence in a post riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.

We should close this thread, it's been led to post-whoring by Mark of Excellence & the_dark_guitarist

Not too bad of an idea, but there is topical discussion to be had, namely the fact that Gaby has a point in his mentioning of CoF. I'm not even that much into their brand of music, but you can definately tell that the used the resources given to them to make a creative leap for their latest effort.

You just described the majority of emo and punk with a great amount of "rock" produced today.

And I wish people would stop using the term genius when we talk about metal. There's basically two kinds of metal. We have enough money we want to become techno metal. And we have no money, so we're going to yell real loud about killing people so that angsty teens will buy our music. Metal is pathetic. Metal has never recovered from hair metal, and it never will, because unlike rock even the indy metal scene sucks. There is no hope for a breakout star, because all metal bands with no fans just whine, bitch, and growl about eating people.

And major metal is all just rock rock pause, rock rock pause. See Metallica. See Godsmack. It's all popular music that becomes more and more refined with the day. And like most music, when you refine it it just tastes like chlorine.

I think missed the song where Opeth bitches and/or eats people.

...uhh... I hate to argue here, but I really wouldn't use Metallica as an example. I give them credit for adapting, but what they've "adapted and changed to" of late has been utter shit.

If I were going to show progression with a metal band, I would use Cradle of Filth. Listening to Total Fucking Darkness, and then listening to Damnation and a Day really shows just how much a ban can change, without losing any of their core fanbase, or becoming utter shit like Metallica has...

here's to hoping Metallica takes a trip back in time for their next project.

I don't agree with the statements about Metallica. Especially the last one...

"Moving back instead of forward seems to me absurd."

But yeah, you have a point with CoF, but I cannot stand the vocals so I refuse to listen to them or even acknowledge them as a credible band.