Electronic Arts, ESPN hook up in exclusive 15-year

SlickNick187

Smart business move by EA? Yes

But competition is what keeps these companies putting out the best product. This is proven with WWF/E. When WCW went out of business there product went seriously downhill. I hope the same doesn't happen to EA because I need a football game.

On the brightside, Blitz: Playmakers should be a good game without an NFL Licenses.

I guess Sega is stuck with TSN CFL 2k6...

Edited by Corizzle

Guest Flawless Cowboy

Smart business move by EA? Yes

But competition is what keeps these companies putting out the best product. This is proven with WWF/E. When WCW went out of business there product went seriously downhill. I hope the same doesn't happen to EA because I need a football game.

On the brightside, Blitz: Playmakers should be a good game without an NFL Licenses.

I guess Sega is stuck with TSN CFL 2k6...

To Clawson and Penguin:

Ditch the Nazi EA bullshit.

That is the most trite, idiotic and exaggerated comparison I've ever seen in the field of video games. To compare Electronic Arts' business practices to the Third Reich is no less than stupid. While Sega may have lost the chance to make a football game featuring NFL licenses, they are far from dead and tortured. There is a huge difference between the two entities, and joke or not, it's sickeningly distasteful to even try and make such a comparison.

If I see it again, regardless on who's profile it is, they will be banned.

Madden's commentary is terrible.

I hear EA doesn't want to pay Madden anymore and could just call it "EA Sports NFL Football"

Of course with the ESPN liscence, they could tag that on there.

Guest Takayamanofear

I think it could be really good, I would really like to see a game with 3 or 4 commentary tracks. a Sunday Night, a Monday night and a regular game. I think it would be pretty cool if something like that could happen. There will always be competetion just the level will be decresed now. Hopefully Sega/VC will get smart and focus on NCAA.

Edited by Takayamanofear

Is anyone honestly surprised? Sure, it sucks if you don't like the Madden games and EA is getting out of hand but that's business. Happens every day in every aspect of the business world and EA is probably the least one to keep getting this bent out of shape over. As I mentioned the last time this was brought up, it's really no different than THQ being the only company allowed to pump out WWE video games. Sure, quality suffers, but you know what you can do? Stop buying the games.

Let's hope they at least get rid of Madden, they don't need him to sell the game anymore. His commentary makes me want to set myself on fire.

I love Madden and Al Michaels. Why would you not what the combination? The play by play and analysis on Madden is unbelievable as for all of you hating on EA......get over it. It's called business. Yeah I'm sure if all of you were running companies today you'd let your competition survive chanting "two cheers for capitalism"...right? (Credic to my economics professor on that one) No. You'd put them out of business at all cost. All this stuff about referring to them as Nazis and stuff is just pathetic and childish and shows how little clue you have about the real world. Some of you need to quit being 12 year olds and get a clue about how things are done in the real world.

Honestly, in game, Micheals and Madden suck. I have a soft spot for Madden, being a Raider fan, but the in game commentary is shit.

As for multiple commentary, just get the Sunday night guys, Michaels and Madden, and then some no names. Wouldn't be *that* expensive, especially considering how much the games sell.

Mutant Legue is one of those games that seriously doesn't play up to its nostalgia factor. I remember playing it ages ago and I always remember loving it, and I recently came into contact with it again, and it's really not that good. Although that could be due to better games nowadays, whatever.

I'm sure the cost of hiring the extra announcers would be offset by the huge profitis they'll be raking in for being the only licensed NFL game in town.

This is ridiculous. Couldn't they get FOX sports or something? Joe Buck in Madden would be so cool.

"That celebration by Randy Moss is a disgusting act... just disgusting!" After Moss makes a big TD catch.

I'm a big Sega/Visual Concepts fan and this really sucks. Every sport I own the ESPN game for this year except baseball. MVP was just a million times better then ESPN Baseball. With that said combining the polish of MVP with the license of ESPN has me excited for next years game! As for football, hockey and basketball all I can say is shit!

Edited by Miami Vice