WWE : Through The Eyes Of A Superstar...

Kaney

Guest Korgath

Predictions in bold.

Chris Benoit V Kane, World Heavyweight Championship!

Triple H V Shawn Michaels, Hell In a Cell!

Randy Orton V Shelton Benjamin, Intercontinental Championship!

Victoria V Molly Holly, Womens Championship!

Chris Jericho V Christian, First Blood Match!

Mystery Partner: Maven (well it's about time he got involved in something)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Benoit V Kane, World Heavyweight Championship!

Benoit, even if you are a Kane mark;)

Triple H V Shawn Michaels, Hell In a Cell!

Trips gets the nod so to speak.

Randy Orton V Shelton Benjamin, Intercontinental Championship!

I will go with Randy Orton. No need to end his reign just yet.

Mystery Partner: I will go out on a limb and pick Jeff Hardy.

Chris Benoit vs. Kane

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

Randy Orton vs. Shelton Benjamin

Mystery Partner: The clues are - he's also new, and something about his 'brother'. I would have gone with Jeff like Hajj did if it weren't for the bit about 'new'. Since I can't think of anyone else that would fit the 'brother' clue, I'm going to ignore it completely and pick Teddy Hart

It's not really an original idea, back in EWB3, someone (I forgot who) also ran a diary like this. But then, it's still a great diary, nice start too. Keep it up, I'll be watching.

That was me...and Basha also did one that I recall too...but far as I know I'm the originator of the first person diary (too bad that game was lost, cause my HWA kicked ASS)...

Anyway, on to the important matters. I agree that, it being first person, you should definitely focus on your own opinions of the matches and how they went, etc. Develop yourself, it's through your own eyes, so naturally YOU'RE going to be the focus of the diary, whether or not you're the focus of the fed is a different story all-together.

Best of luck.

Thanks Cade, I've been writing up the card with my thoughts after the matches. I'm still trying to find a system that works, so it may change again. Although, obviously hopfully not. I've just got the last three matches to write up, but it's kinda dragging today, so the results may not be up till tomorrow.

This isn't bad at all. I agree with what other's have said, in that I would enjoy hearing "your" thoughts more on the other matches, kind of like a "stream of conciousness" type of deal. One thing I do like is that you're staying with the storylines WWE have established, at least at first.

The writing overall so far isn't bad, and I definitely think this diary has potiential to improve. Good luck.

user posted image

Main Event Tag Team Match

The fans show their dislike of La Resistance by booing as soon as their music starts. The booing got moderately louder when Rob Conway and Sylvain Grenier step out onto the stage, waving the French flag on their way to the ring. After playing to the crowd for a few seconds, some unfamiliar music played. Look, there’s that guy who got beat last week before Raw! I had a feeling that’s what was going through people’s minds when I stepped out, but hey, at least I didn't get booed. Waiting on the stage for my partner I glanced at the rows and rows of fans, primarily here to see the pay-per view, but willing to sit through a simple tag match to get there. After what seemed like ages, my partner’s music finally played. I smiled at the fact that people still didn't have a clue who it was (or me for that matter), even though he was using his brother’s music. It must have clicked, when Lillian Garcia called his name. I almost didn't notice, I was too busy staring at Lilian.

Lilian : Making his way to the ring, Chris Glen!

I was amazed. She actually made an effort to make my name sound interesting. It's strange, you never realise how pretty someone is when you only ever see them on TV...

Lilian : And his partner....Frank Shamrock!

Frank walked out to the stage, all business. He stopped to shake my hand, before we slid into the ring, and the match started.

Before I could get to my feet, I felt someone’s boots stomping on my back. Fighting my way to my feet, I saw that my assailant was Rob Conway. I threw a few punches, before he kicked me in the gut, and whipped me off the ropes. Unlike my last fight, this time my opponent managed to backdrop me, but because he was so close to the ropes, I was thrown to the outside. Mid-air I reflected that I should have telegraphed it, but by then I had landed hard on my back, just missing my neck. It was some time before I had the strength to get up, but when I did I saw Grenier chopping at Franks stomach. Shamrock rolled under Grenier's hand, as I dragged myself back to the apron. Shamrock had grabbed Grenier from behind, hopped up to his shoulders, spun round and delivered a sweet hurricarana, toppling Grenier into his partner, Conway. From the apron, I watched Conway tag himself in, and hit an elbow on Frank’s neck. Frank tried to fight back, but Conway always managed to drag him back before Frank could reach me. Conway had distracted the referee whilst Grenier choked Shamrock on the ropes. [To hell with this!] I dropped from the apron, and ran round to save Shamrock, hitting Grenier with a spinning heel kick. Before he could recover, I leapt up to the barricade, and dived off with a body splash. Or it would have been a body splash if I hadn't almost lost my footing. If it weren’t for Grenier having the sense to move forwards I would have crashed straight into the steel steps. [i'd need to remember and thank him later] I lay on my back near Grenier, selling the fall as Conway pulled Frank back in the ring. I could just see Conway lift Frank to the top turnbuckle on the opposite side of the ring. Conway tried for a superplex, but I saw Frank punch Conway in the guts, and twist his arm into position. [Was he going for that?] I'd never saw him do this before, but I'd heard it was pretty special, so I was glad to see Frank deliver a perfect tornado armbar from the tope rope! After that they were gone from my sight, so I decided to start getting up. The only alternative was to lie there and stare at a certain someone, but that wasn't going to help me win this match. Getting to my feet I could see Frank doing the same. I rolled into the ring, as Frank shouted in anger. [That’s the signal!] At that point, I slapped on a Tequila Sunrise, a little know but effective submission hold, whilst Frank wrapped his legs around Conway's chest, locking in his Guillotine finisher. Conway, feeling the pressure on his legs and chest at the same time, had no choice but to tap out. The finish was planned out, but even so, I was elated, to hear Lillian announce our names as the winners, in front of live audience. We raised our arms, and left the ring, happy to have done our job, getting the crowd ready for the pay-per view.

Rating = 68%

I made my way to the back with Frank Shamrock. We congratulated each other, and he told me to keep him a seat near a monitor, so we could watch the rest of the show. I nodded, but stayed just inside of the stage, waiting for Sylvain to return.

Chris : Sylvain! I wanted to say thanks for helping me out there. I think the barrier was wet or something, I've never slipped before. Maybe I was just nervous. It was a class thing for you to do that for me, so thanks and sorry are in order.

Sylvain : (speaks rapid French) Eet iz no problem. You just be more careful in future, oui?

I nodded gratefully at him as he walked away, conversing with Rob. I went back to the locker room to get changed and have a shower. Hopefully I'd be back out before the show really begins.

user posted image

BADD BLOOD

Fireworks explode around the titantron as Badd Blood officially kicks off. The fans go nuts when they hear Shelton Benjamin’s music play.

JR : Welcome to Badd Blood everyone! I'm Jim Ross, along with Jerry Lawler, and we're wasting no time kicking things off tonight with the Intercontinental title on the line! You see Shelton Benjamin in the ring, and he is psyched for this match!

Shelton leans against the ropes as Randy Orton’s music plays. Orton appears on the stage holding his belt up, with a (golden) shower of sparks behind him. He eventually makes his way to the ring, and is immediately set upon by Benjamin.

Benjamin takes Orton by surprise with a blurry of punches and chops before Orton drops down and rolls out of the ring to a smatter of boos. Orton spends some time cursing the fans, meaning he didn't see Benjamin behind him, attack with a baseball slide, the momentum of which almost knocked Orton clean over the barricade. Benjamin rolls out of the ring to grab Orton, but the champ was waiting, and hit Benjamin with repeated uppercuts. Orton grabs Benjamin’s arm, and whips him hard into the steel steps, knocking the top half over. Orton smiles at the crowd before picking Benjamin up, and slamming him into the stairs again, throwing him onto his back this time. Randy picks Benjamin up, and throws him back into the ring, before posing for the nearby fans that would rather rip his head off. Climbing back into the ring, Orton is taken by surprise once more when Benjamin switches behind him and rips off a high German suplex. Orton bounces about the ring while Benjamin gets his breath back, leaning on the ropes. Suddenly, Ric Flair is seen running down the ramp, but is cut off by the referee. This allows Batista to jump out from the crowd, grab the IC belt and throw it in for Randy Orton's use. Both Shelton and Randy get to their feet at the same time, Orton not realising the belt is ready to be smashed over Shelton’s skull. Benjamin tries to kick Orton in the gut, but Orton catches his foot! Benjamin spins and almost knocks Orton out with a Dragon Whip! Again Flair distracts the referee from making the pin, as Benjamin covers the champ. Batista slides into the ring, and somehow manages to deliver a bone-wrenching Demon Bomb without the referee noticing. Before he leaves, Batista drags Orton’s arm over Benjamin for an easy 3 count.

Rating = 85%

Evolution haven't finished yet though, as Flair finally enters the ring, proceeding to slap on a Figure Four Leg Lock, while Batista stomps at Shelton’s head. When Orton realises the situation, he grabs his belt, leaves the ring, and signals for Flair and Batista to do the same. After that Dragon Whip, Orton could barely stand, but he still managed to pose with Evolution before stumbling up the ramp.

I sat down in the conference room with the rest of the roster, just in time to watch Evolution leave the ring.

Chris : Aw, did I miss it? Damn, I thought I had taken too long.

Frank : Heh, tough luck buddy! You just missed the finish, but it's only the first match. The real action starts next!

Chris : Wait, isn't the next match the...

JR : Next up we have the Women’s Championship match. I know your excited King!

King : Of course I am JR. It's the puppies!

I smiled as the guys in the back voiced their opinions on the Divas, from safe distance. Until Trish walked in with Christian, then for some reason, the room went strangely quiet.

Molly Holly made her way to the ring first, blonde wig strapp *cough* streaming from her head. She had a look of intense anger upon her face, and she started shouting for Victoria as soon as she got in the ring. Victoria then stepped out onto the stage, and danced for a while, as much to infuriate Molly as anything else. Eventually, Victoria got in the ring, and unstrapped her belt, as the referee did his best to restrain Molly.

That wasn't enough though, as Molly jumped Victoria from behind as she was posing with the belt. Said belt dropped to the ground, as Molly delivered a snapmare to the champion, followed up by a sleeper hold. Molly held this in for some time, determined to knock Victoria out. The ref lifted Victoria's arm, but it dropped to the mat. Again, he lifted the arm, and let it drop to the mat. On the third time, to the shock of everyone, Victoria's arm stayed up, as she fought to regain her footing. Molly however just clamped down on the submission even harder, resulting in Victoria's arms flailing around wildly. Molly herself started to panic, when Victoria 'accidentally' pulled off her wig! Once again, Molly had her bald and beautiful head revealed for the world to see. Molly crawled away, trying to cover her head up while Victoria held the wig high. Suddenly furious, Molly charged Victoria, knocking her into the turnbuckle. Throwing Victoria down, Molly climbed the turnbuckle and waited. Victoria stood up, and walked straight into a Molly-Go-Round! 1...2...3! Molly Holly just won the Women’s Championship! Unable to be happy in her victory, Molly started thrashing at the downed Victoria, until Steven Richards came running down the aisle to chase the new champ away.

Rating = 76%

I would have preferred missing this match in place of the IC title match. The match itself was okay, but it was just a regular women’s match. Nothing too exciting, though it was nice seeing Stevie back on television. Even if it was just for a few seconds. I just got comfortable, when Evolution made their way to the ring, all four members. I guessed they must be about to cut a promo; they didn't have any other reason to be there otherwise. Ric Flair picked up the microphone first.

Flair : Evolution baby! Evolution has this whole thing wrapped up! I tell you, during Randy's match, we knew, exactly what we were doing! Batista and I did our job; we kept the Intercontinental title around Randy's waist! But we're not finished yet. In a few minutes, Evolution, will do their job, and see me teach Edge how to style and profile! WHOOOOOO!

Triple H grabbed the mic, not seeming to care about niceties.

Triple H : And then, tonight, Evolution will see me, the best damn wrestler in this business put away Shawn Michaels in Hell In A Cell! Evolution will be there, they will see Michaels be counted down 1,2,3, but I won't need any help to put him down. Shawn, this is the end for you. You know what Shawn; this'll be your last match. Because I made a promise to Ric Flair, to Randy Orton, and to Dave Batista. That promise was that I would put you back in your goddamn wheelchair you son of a bitch! I've crippled you before and I'll cripple you again dammit! I am that damn good, and you Shawn? You! Are! Nothing!

Rating = 87%

Triple H dropped the microphone, and left Flair in the ring. Batista and Orton followed after nodding and slapping Flair on the back. Triple H led Evolution backstage, as Flair waited for Edge to show up. The fans went berserk as, instead of Edge, Eugene ran out onto the stage. Eugene waved madly at the fans, before running over and hugging Jim Ross. JR laughed as Lawler looked on in distaste, when William Regal came out, and tried to take Eugene away. Eugene thought Regal was playing a game, and ran past him to the maintenance crew area. Regal sighed and followed as Edge finally appeared on the stage. After the usual running around, he ran down the ramp, and slid into the ring.

Rating = 75%

The bell rang, and both men locked up. The outcome was Flair twisting behind Edge into an armlock, followed by a headlock. Edge tried to escape, and resorted to pushing Flair into the ropes. As Flair came back, Edge delivered a clothesline, taking Flair down. Edge picked Flair up, and placed him in a headlock. This time however, Edge lifted Flair's arm over his own head, for a suplex, but dropped the Nature Boy on his face rather than his back! Edge grabbed Flairs legs, and pulled him up, into a catapult, directed at the corner. Ric Flair's head bounced of the turnbuckle, before he turned round, and fell flat on his face. Flair quickly got back up, but not quicker than Edge, who, using the ropes for momentum, came at Flair with another clothesline. Flair saw it coming, and ducked, allowing Edge to come off the ropes again, and hit a stinging chop to Edges chest. Chop after chop cut across Edge's solar plexus as Flair gained the advantage over his younger opponent. Edge was backed into the corner, where Flair banged his head of the turnbuckle repeatedly. Edge stumbled backwards, and dropped to his knee, while Flair climbed the same turnbuckle. Just as Ric reached the top, Edge came back, grabbed his arms, and threw Flair off the top. Edge dropped to his haunches, ready for Flair to stand up. Edge started running at Flair, looking for the spear, but Flair sidestepped! Edge crashed into the steel pole corner! Flair was quick to take advantage, as he dragged Edge to the centre of the ring by his legs. Showboating, Flair strutted before locking in a Figure Four Leglock! Just then, Eugene re-appeared on the stage, running to the ring. The referee, thinking Eugene was interfering, stopped Eugene, shouting at him to leave as Regal made his way to the stage. Flair saw Edge tap out, and thinking the match had ended, started strutting in celebration. Batista ran to the ring, trying to get rid of Eugene, as Flair stared in confusion. Flair, turned round, just in time to receive a spear from Edge! Edge pulled the referee back into the ring and made the cover. 1...2...3! Edge picked up the victory over the Naitch, but it was short-lived as Batista stormed the ring. Batista completely overpowered Edge, delivering a spinebuster followed by his Demon Bomb. Edge may have won the match, but Flair and Batista were on top by the end.

Rating = 80%

It was true what they said. No matter how many times you saw Ric Flair fight on TV, it was nothing compared to seeing him live. Flair let out another WHOoo! at the top of his voice as they left Edge in the ring. It was turning out to be a good night, but it was almost over. The next match should be good; Chris Jericho always performs brilliantly.

JR : What a match! That damn Batista, if he had his way, Edge would never have won!

King : I think that was the plan JR, didn't you hear what Ric said earlier?

JR : I heard, I heard Evolution say how they were gonna do whatever they could to be victorious! But they already failed, how will this impact on Triple H's match later tonight?

King : That’s nothing! I know Triple H will have everything under control. He's probably backstage right now telling them not to worry, wait and see. I guarantee this won't affect Triple H!

Jr : We'll just need to see about that. Can we just focus on this match now, please? Can we do that King? Here comes you friend, the CLB!

King : He is not a creepy little bastard! I wish people would stop calling him that! Listen to all his peeps! And then there’s Trish! Look, it's Trish!

JR : I see her, now put your eyes back in your head King...I also see Christians problem-solver Tyson Tomko! This is looking bad for Chris Jericho!

Jericho made his entrance to a huge pop, standing with his arms raised as his music blasted out. Jericho turned round, and ran as fast as he could into the ring, to start brawling with Christian.

Jericho and Christian exchange punches back and forth, but not for long. Just as Jericho started to take control, Trish Stratus grabbed his foot through the ropes. Jericho leant over the ropes in an attempt to grab her, but Tyson Tomko climbed into the ring, and delivered a swift kick to the back of the head. The referee tried to get Tomko to leave, but was pushed aside. Christian picked Jericho up, and delivered an Unprettier, knocking Y2J out. Christian spent some time posing, and kissing Trish before returning to Jericho, but by this time Jericho had recovered and kicked Christian in the gut! Jericho kipped up, and charged at Christian with a clothesline, taking him down. Tomko tried to attack Jericho, but received an enziguri! Trish came into the ring with a steel chair, but Jericho saw her coming. Waving a finger at her, Jericho wrenched the chair from her hands, and was about to hit her with it, when Christian pulled it from his hands, and smashed it over his head! Frustrated at not seeing any blood, Christian threw down the chair, and proceeded to pound Jericho’s face with his fists. The referee came round in time to stop Trish from kicking at Jericho’s face, but Tomko was still in the ring. Tomko placed the chair in the centre of the ring, as Christian picked up Jericho for another Unprettier. Jericho was driven full force into the chair! The ref looked anxiously....and saw blood! Christian picks up the win! Jericho has been bloodied, but not without Tomko and Trish's help.

Rating = 81%

I was surprised at the outcome. I thought it was a dead cert Jericho would win. I guess he's giving Christian the rub, even though a push for Jericho wouldn’t go amiss. Either way, the next match was the big one. Literally. The match that was hyped over the main event. Hell In A Cell. Triple H versus Shawn Michaels. I couldn't help but get excited, despite my feelings for both men in the match, I knew it was going to be good.

Shawn Michaels music play as he makes his way down to the ring, not dancing, not posing, simply staring at the Cell, hanging above the ring. He gets in the ring, and removes his attire. The only time he took his eyes off of the cell was when Triple H's music started, and Hunter ran to the ring. The two started knocking lumps out of each other as the Cell lowers, being locked securely by ring staff.

Triple H takes control with a DDT followed by a knee drop. Triple H drops to his knees and starts choking the life out of the Heartbreak Kid, while the referee is useless to stop him. Eventually HHH lets go, and picks Michaels up, but Michaels starts fighting back, delivering chops to Triple H's chest. Michaels tries running against the ropes, but HHH hits him with a high knee! Michaels is knocked back down, but not for long, as Triple H picks him again. This time, he throws Michaels over the top rope, straight into the Cell. Triple H follows, ramming Michaels face first into the Cell again. Soon, he looks under the ring, and comes back out with his sledgehammer. Swinging the hammer, Triple H only just misses breaking Shawn Michaels back. Michaels rolls back into the ring as HHH shouts in frustration. Triple H slides into the ring again and swings, this time connecting with a sickening thud to the back of the Heart Break kid. Michaels goes down, knocked out but Triple H isn't finished. He drops the sledgehammer, and signals to the back. Eventually, Randy Orton comes out onto the stage, running to the ring. Orton knocked down the referee, and does his best to unlock the cage door, but takes forever doing it. While Triple H is waiting for Orton to enter the Cell, Michaels stumbles to his feet, and gets ready for Triple H to turn round. When he does, Michaels sends both men over the rope with a clothesline just as Orton enters. The referee grabs Orton back, and forces him out of the Cell, but Michaels crawls out anyway. Triple H follows, and rams Michaels' head into the steel cage. Blood pours from Shawn's head as Triple H grates it against the steel mesh, as Orton laughs and talks trash. The ref tries to pull HHH away, to give Michaels a chance, but Michaels makes a mistake. Instead of attacking HHH when he had the chance, he started climbing the Cell! Triple H pushes the referee out of the way and follows Michaels up the Cell! Once both men reach the top, they stumble around for a while before charging, intent on killing each other. Triple H takes the advantage again, smashing Michaels face into his knee, but Michaels is still up. HHH takes a run at Shawn, but is sidestepped! Triple H almost went over the edge, but just managed to keep his balance. He carefully made his way from the edge to Michaels, who was barely able to defend himself. Triple H kicked his former best friend in the groin, and bent him over for a Pedigree! But, Michaels found the strength to reverse it into a backdrop! Triple H sailed through the air, and through the ring! Triple H was sent through the roof of the Cell! He's lying on the ring, a mangled heap! Michaels is barely ably to stand, but he does, at the edge of the hole made by Triple H's falling body. In one movement, Shawn Michaels dropped through the hole, with an elbow landing directly on Triple H! Both men are down and out after crashing through the Cell! The referee see's Michaels body on top of Triple H's and administers the count! 1.......2........3! Shawn Michaels defeats Triple H in a bloody, deadly Hell In A Cell!

Rating = 93%

I was stunned. I couldn't believe what Hunter and Shawn had done. They had literally put their bodies through hell for the fans. That’s how dedicated they were to this business, and how dedicated I hoped to become. The match was everything I would have expected, big spots, blood, carnage, but even backstage watching with the other wrestlers, I would never have expected to see that finish. I was stunned.

JR : This is...sickening King. We all knew this match was going to be brutal, but my God...Shawn Michaels picks up the victory, but at what cost? How will either man recover from something like this King?

King : I have no clue JR. This was amazing!

JR : Maybe now these two can put their rivalry to bed, maybe now it can be finished.

King : I agree JR, but I think Triple H is going to have something else to worry about. Where was Randy Orton?! Why didn't he save Triple H? That’s what I want to know, and I'm sure Triple H is gonna wanna know too JR!

JR : That as any be King. This is just horrible, watching these two, great superstars being carried away on stretchers! I can only hope to God, king, that the main event isn't as bad as this! I pray to God that Kane doesn't try to, equal this carnage King! He's a sick son of a bitch and I hope Chris Benoit gives him what’s coming! The main event is next folks!

I watched on the monitor as Shawn and Hunter were carried up the ramp. Soon enough we'd see them being taken through here to the hospital. I tried to put the mental image out of my mind, and watched as the wrestlers said good luck to the departing World Heavyweight Champion. I echoed the sentiment, and as he walked by Benoit patted me on the back. The World Heavyweight Champion, was congratulating me on having a good match? Suddenly I was that stunned, monosyllabic fan that met with Eric Bischoff last week. But I didn't care. I was on top of the world!

Kane’s music played as the pyro that accompanies it blasted from the stage. Kane slowly makes his way to the ring, stepping over the ropes with ease. Inside, he raised his arms, and blew fire from the turnbuckles. Then, Chris Benoit's music played as he stepped out onto the stage. Benoit only had his World Title, but he showed it off at both sides of the stage before making his way down the ramp. Inside, the referee holds the belt up for everyone to see, and rings the bell.

Kane starts off grabbing at Benoit, but Benoit slides under his arms, pushing the monster away. Kane turns round with a look of anger on his face, and tries again. Again, Benoit ducks under the big arms, and out of danger. Kane starts getting embarrassed now, as he tries for a third time. When Benoit ducked under Kane’s arm, Kane spun round and hit an elbow into Benoit's face, knocking the Champ to the floor. Kane picks Benoit up by the throat, and throws him into the turnbuckle, where he proceeds to hit uppercut after uppercut. He then grabbed Benoit by the throat, and threw him half way across the ring. Kane moved to pick Benoit up, but Benoit started chopping him. Kane simply shrugged off the chops, and threw Benoit back into the turnbuckle. He charged Benoit, looking for a clothesline, but Benoit kicked him in the face! As Kane reeled, Benoit jumped up the turnbuckle, diving off for a headbutt, but Kane caught him around the throat, mid-air! Kane lifts him back up, and hits a chokeslam in the centre of the ring! 1, 2, no Benoit kicked out! Kane is enraged, and starts screaming at the referee. The ref pushes Kane back, but receives a throat thrust, knocking him over! As Kane attacks the ref, Benoit gets back up, and grabs Kane from behind, hitting a German suplex! But, he still has the hold locked on! A second German suplex drives Kane into the mat! Followed by a third! Benoit finally releases his grip, and gets up. He 'slits his throat' with his hand, and climbs the turnbuckle! Diving off with a perfect headbutt, this could have been the finish, if Kane hadn't sat up! Benoit crashes face first into the mat! Kane stands up, and holds his arm in the air flexing his fingers. As Benoit gets up, Kane grabs him round the throat! But suddenly the lights went out! It's pitch dark in the arena, and nobody can see what’s happening in the ring! When the lights finally come back on, Chris Benoit has the Crippler Crossface locked in! Kane writhes in agony, desperate to reach the ropes! The fans have no idea what happened when the lights went off, but Kane is now trapped in the Crossface! Kane lifts his hand and.....taps out! Chris Benoit defends his World Title against the Big Red Monster, with a little help from an unknown benefactor!

Rating = 83%

Despite the fact that I loved Kane, I couldn't help but smile when Benoit won the match. The entire backstage locker room cheered both men as they came back from the ring, and I couldn't help but join in. I though the match itself was pretty good, maybe overshadowed by the Hell In A Cell, but hey, it was Benoit! Of course the match was going to be good!

Vince McMahon came in next, and congratulated everyone on putting on a good show. I never expected to see Vince here, but why not? He told us not to have too good a time, as we had Raw the next night. I was to be there early, since I had no direction yet. No real idea what I was going to do, but neither did Frank. We both said our goodbyes for the night, but I decided to hang around. It was still early. Maybe Lillian would be free?

Edited by Kaneanite

Bugger. I was just reading it through when I noticed there's a ton of spelling mistakes. I was using notepad, but I thought I had got all the mistakes. I would go and change it, but when you edit a post, it'll go wonk cos of the HTML. I'll fix it in the morning, I'm just going to bed, so sorry.

*hopes not too many people notice*

My head is killing me.

I woke up with a terrible hangover, lying on a strange bed. Quickly scanning the room, I started to panic. I had trouble remembering last night, and I had no clue where I was.

Time to get your ass out of there buddy.

That was Franks voice. Then...I must be in his hotel room. After a moments recollection, I realised this was Franks room. I remembered...buying some drinks, and speaking to Lillian, but...thats it. Frank told me I had gotten into a fight with a drunk over Lillian, and ended up getting us thrown out of the bar. I winced, not only at the thought, but at my neck. I found it hard to move, but it eased up as I woke properly. Frank told me I had about an hour before we had to leave, otherwise we'd miss the drive to the next arena. I just had time for a quick shower, and to get dressed before we left. Heading downstairs, I saw a kid wearing a WWE t-shirt. I simply smiled, and followed Frank to the parking lot.

Wah! WWE Superstars, and we got a carpool. Unbelievable!

"Hey guys, you haven't seen Shane have you?"

It was Matt Hardy. Lita was sitting next to him in the car, so I assumed this was our car. Frank and I shook our heads, and sat down in the car.

Matt : Damn, Shane is gonna make us late again! What's taking him so long?

As if on cue, Shane Helms ran out of the biulding with his bags, throwing them, and himself into the back seat.

Matt : Just in time! I was gonna have to kick your ass there if you were late. Whats up man?

Shane just sighed in exasperation, laughing off Matt's 'threats'. We got started, with Matt driving us to the next arena. The drive was uneventful, and slightly awkward, with me and Frank being the new guys, but Matt didn't seem to mind. All the way there he kept making jokes, passing the time. Eventually arriving at the arena, we saw several other wrestlers get out of their own vehicles, so we joined up in the main hall, and made our way to the conference room. Once everyone was seated, Mr McMahon entered the room, and started the meeting. It was pretty routine stuff, with the exception of two of the biggest stars, Shawn Michaels, and of course, Triple H. We were told they were in hospital, selling the injuries sustained from the Hell In A Cell matchup the previous night. The matches were given out, with only one real surprise, that I didn't see coming. Most of the other wrestlers didn't seem too surprised, but I sure as hell was. Both Frank and I were to be given on air roles tonight. I wasn't too happy with the result of mine, but I guess it's better than nothing. I wouldn't have a match, but I would be accompaning Frank to the ring for his match. After the meeting, we all went to practice our roles, and I actually felt better about it the more I thought about it, I mean, I wasn't exactly in the best shape for a match, was I?

This is gonna be great! I'm getting some on-air time, and Frank was getting his match...oh, and the 'big surprise' should drive the fans nuts. My neck is still killing me, but it'd have to get better by next week. No way I want to go into that with a bad neck!

Love the backstage stuff Kaneanite, and I'm looking forward to RAW and the "surprise". I thought the surprise partner would have been Eric Angle, but Frank Shamrock is just as good :)

I too thought it'd be Eric Angle, but I reckon you'll be able to do some good stuff with Frank Shamrock in the mix. I'm really, really liking this diary, I'm a Chris Glen mark! Looking forward to Raw and the 'big surprise' whatever it may be.

RK!

Guest Korgath

Actually he was on Heat...right before the PPV.

Isn't being on Heat an on-air role?!?

Anyway, like most others have been saying, your backstage stuff is neat, but if you push yourself too hard, then it's just not fun to read.