American Idol Winner

ROC

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They shouldn't make this happen like every year because it just starts to fail. I don't really take notice of the US one, but Kelly Clarkson won it like last year didn't she? I admit I think she isn't too bad, but it needed to stop there.

The UK version is just awful IMO. Will Young won the first one, but they had to go making a whole new series. Will actually did good out of winning it, but what did Michelle get out of the second one? Nothing at all, she was pure shit. Also that utter twat Simon Cowell does my head in, I just want to like kick him in the head.

Basically is what I am saying is yes it was okay first time around, but after that it's crap.

Honestly, I only payed attention to Season 1 (because of it being new) and Season 2 (because of my boy Ruben being from B'Ham). I payed attention to the finale after all the hype I saw on it on TV.

Jasmine shoulda won......

Fantasia is definitely the best singer, but she's not the American Idol.....if that makes any sense at all.

I kinda see what you mean. Jasmine did have the beauty factor as does Diana, and Fantasia has the signing ability.

In think, in closing, that I will agree with Boulder's statement. Sure, Jasmine and Diana are pretty and talented, but can they beat Fantasia in terms of singing? I don't think so (although Diana did do a good job in one of her performances tonight).

Fantasia was the best singer and the most charismatic. 

Fantasia was more charismatic than most of the competitors, if not all, but Jennifer and LaToya were both FAR better singers.

I was really surprised in how many people voted: 65 million :o Thats double the population of Canada ;) I wanted Diana to win, because her performances were great. Fantasia was great too, but Diana's were better IMO. I also love rooting for the underdogs. Overall I wanted La Toya to win though, one of the best singers in the entire lifespan of American Idol. A bit better then Clay, who IMO looks like a fag(can I say that) :P I wonder if the finale will break TV records with its rating :rolleyes: Imagine WWE RAW getting a rating like that.

Edited by Laice_

Fantasia was more charismatic than most of the competitors, if not all, but Jennifer and LaToya were both FAR better singers.

I thought Jennifer was horrendously overrated. Sure, she had a few good weeks before she was kicked off, but before that she was completely average. LaToya was a very good singer, but she was sort of run of the mill, in a way. Fantasia had a far more unique voice and style.

I was really surprised in how many people voted: 65 million  :o  Thats double the population of Canada  ;)

You do understand that 65 million people DID NOT watch the show? 65 million DIFFERENT people did not vote. People can vote for as many times as they want. They could sit there for hours at a time and continue to vote. And that is normally how it is done. Last I checked, they were only getting ratings in the 9's. Which is good for Fox, but 65 million people did not watch the show. So don't expect to see some kind of gigantic rating for the show because of that number.

I thought Jennifer was horrendously overrated.  Sure, she had a few good weeks before she was kicked off, but before that she was completely average.  LaToya was a very good singer, but she was sort of run of the mill, in a way.  Fantasia had a far more unique voice and style.

Unique isn't really a compliment. John Stevens had a unique sound and style too but that doesn't mean he was good. Fantasia had many nights where I'd listen to her and just be completely underwhelmed. And being average is FAR better than being hit-or-miss like I felt Fantasia was.

Unique isn't really a compliment. John Stevens had a unique sound and style too but that doesn't mean he was good. Fantasia had many nights where I'd listen to her and just be completely underwhelmed. And being average is FAR better than being hit-or-miss like I felt Fantasia was.

I guess it just comes down to a difference in taste. I though Fantasia was consistently exciting and moving. I'd love to be able to hear her versions of some of the songs she sang.

Edited by Boulder