American Idol Winner

ROC

Latoya was perhaps the best singer during the competition, but she didn't show any personality and even used a broadway song to try and advance. Jennifer was a good singer as well, but didn't have the personality. Jasmine was cute, but didn't have a strong enough voice or desire.

There's a difference between being a great singer and a great performer. People don't pay money to see great singers just sit there and sing. Barry Manilow's a fabulous singer, yet he's not respected or popular (at least here in the states) because he has no personality. Fantasia is an awesome performer and draws the crowd in. She's easily marketable because of her charisma and was the best in the competition from day one.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

American/Pop Idol > Big Brother

I can't stand reality TV most of the time, but everynow and again Pop Idol can be funny. Only at the beginning though when all the idiots are on it and they're either trying to be funny, or REALLY believe they can sing.

So Fantasia won?

I guess that proves that Americans have no taste whatsoever

Yes...because picking one of the best singers if not the best (which evidently she proved she is), out of only like 3 or 4 of the final 12 that actually sing, is a bad choice. :rolleyes:

And :mellow: I still don't see the attraction people have for either Diana or Jasmine...Jasmine looks like the villain guy off Power Rangers, and Diana = Ms. Piggy grown taller.

Edited by Media 2.0

Guest Son of Moses

Superstar USA > Americal Idol

You seduced that song over dinner, subtly led it into the bedroom, disrobed it, made love to it, and in the morning you made it breakfast. That was really nice.

Superstar USA > Americal Idol

You seduced that song over dinner, subtly led it into the bedroom, disrobed it, made love to it, and in the morning you made it breakfast. That was really nice.

God, that show has began to irk me.

I watched it...but there' sno way in hell that people who would sing/look like those people would not know they suck. That has to be people they picked off the street and payed...because they completely suck and it's not even funny.

Plus after the auditions and seeing the same people who suck over and over it again it will get boring. But I might tune in to the last show.

Guest Son of Moses

God, that show has began to irk me.

Plus after the auditions and seeing the same people who suck over and over it again it will get boring. But I might tune in to the last show.

Personally, I don't watch to hear the people sing. I watch to hear what Briggs will say next. He actually told one of the competitors: "You do realize you have really big breasts?" And to two of the actually good auditioners: "Unfortunately, you just don't have that star quality we're looking for. But you are smoking hot and I would love to take you to dinner."

Classic.

Edited by Son of Moses

I guess it just comes down to a difference in taste.  I though Fantasia was consistently exciting and moving.  I'd love to be able to hear her versions of some of the songs she sang.

As do I. Shit, she can fucking SING.

And I still don't see the attraction people have for either Diana or Jasmine...Jasmine looks like the villain guy off Power Rangers, and Diana = Ms. Piggy grown taller.

Diana can't sing for shit. She screams half the notes, and her upper register is reedy and thin.

I guess it just comes down to a difference in taste.  I though Fantasia was consistently exciting and moving.  I'd love to be able to hear her versions of some of the songs she sang.

http://www.idolfan.org/audios3.html

All of the Idol performances...from her, to the people that were eliminated and the results shows. I had to download Summertime...because she definitely rocked that song.

And this won't be any kind of problem like 'last time' will it? :mellow: Seeing as it's not like music that's for sale or anything.

You do understand that 65 million people DID NOT watch the show? 65 million DIFFERENT people did not vote. People can vote for as many times as they want. They could sit there for hours at a time and continue to vote. And that is normally how it is done. Last I checked, they were only getting ratings in the 9's. Which is good for Fox, but 65 million people did not watch the show. So don't expect to see some kind of gigantic rating for the show because of that number.

technically that is not true... Their system is set up do you can only vote once per phone... if you get through the line for a second vote... it gives you an error message... hence the reason why Simon told Jasmine that she better hope every house in Hawaii had at least 5 phones and they all voted for her so she wouldn't get eliminated...

I was a Diana fan... so i was sad to see Macy Gray... I mean Fantasia Marino win... i can't stand her voice...

technically that is not true... Their system is set up do you can only vote once per phone... if you get through the line for a second vote... it gives you an error message... hence the reason why Simon told Jasmine that she better hope every house in Hawaii had at least 5 phones and they all voted for her so she wouldn't get eliminated...

I was a Diana fan... so i was sad to see Macy Gray... I mean Fantasia Marino win... i can't stand her voice...

WTH? :blink: That's definitely not true...

They even said on the show before Jasmine got eliminated..

Ryan: "And remember, you can vote as many times as you'd like!"

Because I know people who've said, they got through 80 times...yes they actually counted. I dont know how the hell they did it...or why, but I know for a fact that what you said definitely isn't true.

Ooh, thanks, Media

EDIT: But it's not working for me

Nevermind, for some reason they're down now.

Edited by Media 2.0

My mom called three times in five minutes to vote for Diana and got through all three times on the same phone ... so your post makes no sense.