Midget's Gaming Medley

thatshortguy

Should I buy The Punisher, Midget?

If so, what platform? I'm thinking PC, since I recently upgraded my RAM for Half-Life 2, and there's no sense in wasting all that RAM on just one game, you know?

So, yeah, should I buy it? I played the Demo and it was badass, but I'm waiting on some reviews from people I trust.

I'm wanting to get  the Punisher for ps2 but I'm not sure if tis good enough to shell out the cash

As stated in the newly-added review, The Punisher is probably one you'll want if you like intense action games -- and don't mistake me at any point, this game has the intensity Max Payne WANTED to have. The interrogation feature is nice, too. A lone deal-breaker in deciding what platform to go for is whether or not you want the increased gore found in a patched PC or XBox version.

To be fair, Max Payne was never intended to be one of the most intense games at all. It was a dramatic detective story and both installments were great great stuff. I was more interested in both Max Payne's than I am The Punisher, so I may be kind of bias, but don't see Payne short on intensity if it wasn't meant to have as much.

Sorry about getting defensive I just really like my Max Payne. :P :thumbsup:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda agree with Midgeeto on Madden. I own it but it really gets frustrating later on down the track in Franchise/Dynasty.

C+ sounds about right. The Franchise mode is a killer and the Storyline Central is rank bullshit.

I'll be intrested to see what you give Fifa 05. I played 04 and found it utter shit (Its still too easy) so I'd like to see what 05 gets

Edited by Troy Maskell

I sort of agree with NFS: U 2, but I find it annoying that the city is just too big and when you're doing the racing missions, it was a pain to drive from one end of the city to another which would take several minutes.

I also am not a fan of not being able to have customizable soundtracks.

I'm going to wait till I play the PS2 version before I pass my judgement on NFS:U2

I have played it on X-Box at my brothers place and found it really cool

Punisher sounds really interesting, but I'm compltely clueless about the story and the character. Is it still worth getting, do you think?

It'll help to brush up and learn about who The Punisher is and why he's doing what he's doing, but at the very least, it's worth a rental. It's really not huge about the story, as much as it focuses on just demolishing people.

I had no clue about the character except watching the newest movie , and I love this game to bits , I'm playing a rental copy now and I'm probably on the 5 stage and I'm loving it . Some say the black and white ruins the game but in my eyes it makes it better / unique. At times the game is humorous too , I flush a guy down the toilet(using a interogation technique) and afterwards the punisher stands there and jsut says " A turd this big needs flushing twice" (or something like that). Also people complaining that it isn't enough gore in the game but I disagree , get a shotgun and a guy at pointblank = limb damage ;)

When I get farther along I'm gonna right a review of the game

but yeah rent it first , you might beat it once while on rental but it will take a while to unlock all the weapons and stuff because some of the challenges are hard

another little tidbit about the Punisher . this game has 2 of the greatest stages in all gaming history , they are the Funeral Home and Frank's Apartment.

they have to be played to be believed thats how cool they are especially Franks Apartment, I've been playing it over and over for a few hours straight