Midget's Gaming Medley

thatshortguy

I've heard that MVP and 2k5 are almost equal except 2k5 has inherited certain features from the Allstar baseball series and the animation isn't as good as MVP's. I love the owner mode on MVP very challenging to make money and keep your team afloat

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why a D- for MVP 2005 ? imo  its the greatest Baseball Game Out

The pitching seems hastily done to me. Furthermore, EA insists on beating you over the head with the concepts of team chemestry and finance in the Franchise Mode. I'm so sick and tired of these Franchise Modes where I have no choice but to sit there and essentially balance a checkbook.

I want to know about Gran Turismo. I'm not a big car guy, but racing games are fun as hell I think.

If you want a fast-paced, pedal/medal shindig, go with NFSU 2. If you want some solid realism and the most gorgeous-looking game on the Playstation 2, go with GT4. Not to mention that GT4 just has so many things in terms of content, it'll take you ages to beat it.

Do you just not like Baseball? Cause we are getting 2K5 and I am really looking forward to it actually.

If you like offense and overall presentation, get 2K5 (I've still got it for the XBox). Also, it allows you to edit a lot of things in Franchise Mode, as well as edit a lot of things concerning pitching and hitting.

The major downsides to 2k5 are the fact that there is little to no pitching in the game (you will have a lot of 9-8, 10-5, etc. games) and that the graphics -- even on the XBox -- are meh at best.

Why a D- for MVP 2005 ? imo  its the greatest Baseball Game Out

The pitching seems hastily done to me. Furthermore, EA insists on beating you over the head with the concepts of team chemestry and finance in the Franchise Mode. I'm so sick and tired of these Franchise Modes where I have no choice but to sit there and essentially balance a checkbook.

I agree with ROC 100%. All the management stuff that has been put onto various series' Franchise modes in the past several years floats my boat quite nicely. Signing players and making trades is one thing, but it adds something to the pot when you have to make sure that the team is making money, bringing in fans, AND winning games. Just one more piece of realism to add to the pot. You can only play so many games before that particular experience gets sort of samey, so some off-field intrigue adds that much more value to a game.

I agree also love the owner mode but if managing all that is not your cup of tea I believe the game has a dynasty mode where you can play through season without doing all the owner mode stuff

Oh man...Gran Turismo is such a stellar and gorgeous game. I even learned I can take my USB Jump Drive, stick it in the PS2, put some of my photos on it, and take it over to my computer. Kicks wicked ass in terms of conent and everything, now just to build up a ton of money to buy more and cooler cars...

You wouldn't happen to have an opinion on Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, woud you The?

Have yet to play it (truth be told, I had to be coaxed into giving MGS3 a full run-through). Perhaps, once I'm done with Devil May Cry 3 (I CAN'T JUST BEAT IT ONCE, I MUST BEAT IT ONE LEAVENTY BILLION TIMES~!) I'll move on to Wrestlemania 21 (when it's released) and then hit Twin Snakes.

Or I may just get bored and rent it. Dunno.

Have yet to play it (truth be told, I had to be coaxed into giving MGS3 a full run-through). Perhaps, once I'm done with Devil May Cry 3 (I CAN'T JUST BEAT IT ONCE, I MUST BEAT IT ONE LEAVENTY BILLION TIMES~!) I'll move on to Wrestlemania 21 (when it's released) and then hit Twin Snakes.

Or I may just get bored and rent it. Dunno.

It's not really worth buying it if you've already played the original Metal Gear Solid. TTS is almost exactly the same game, but with better graphics. Some of the cutscenes are slightly changed, but generally for the worse. The gameplay itself remains pretty much the exact same with only a few new aesthetics, but it's balanced out by crappy controls, in my opinion, at least :P

It's still a good game in it's own right, but it's not much better than the original.

I almost snagged the original for $1 at Game Craze.

Missing disk 1 though. Moron.

So I got Twin Snakes and enjoyed it thoroughly, although that means I've played a MGS game on all 3 systems (MGS2 for PS2, Substance on Xbox and TTS on GameCube).

And you gave MGS3 a run-through? What'd you think?

I'd love to see you expand on Meleem if only to see if you like the game for the same reason I do.

Dear gawd, I wouldn't know where to start. Tons of unlockables, a solid fighting style, modes out the yin-yang, and so much more.

The only things it's missing are a playable Koopa Troopa, Goomba, and Toad. Although Toad's technically in the game, I'd like him to take more an offensive role as opposed to his current defensive one =)

• 2 weeks later...

Midget, have you gotten a chance to play God of War yet? My cousin went out and bought the damn thing sight unseen and invited me over to play it...and it's excellent, IMO. Minigames are a big part of battles, and are integrated nicely into the action as well. There's even a fucking minigame...literally. :shifty:

My only beef is that sometimes after a massive action-packed battle segment, the momentum can get lost with a head-scratching platform spot. Otherwise, the game's well worth a rental, at least. I've heard that it's a bit short, though (10-12 hours, IIRC).

Midget, have you gotten a chance to play God of War yet?  My cousin went out and bought the damn thing sight unseen and invited me over to play it...and it's excellent, IMO.  Minigames are a big part of battles, and are integrated nicely into the action as well.  There's even a fucking minigame...literally.  :shifty:

My only beef is that sometimes after a massive action-packed battle segment, the momentum can get lost with a head-scratching platform spot.  Otherwise, the game's well worth a rental, at least.  I've heard that it's a bit short, though (10-12 hours, IIRC).

It's Devil May Cry, minus the style but with more brutality. Our dear baldie isn't keen on saying witty lines or doing triple backflips while laughing...he just rips the fucking wings off and crushes the victim's head with his foot.

The ending to that game, btw, is badass.