Sony PSP

Dan

$40? That's only like £20, i'd say thats a fair price considering they are PS2 like games. TBH though I can't see them selling for £20, maybe £30 retail and £25 through Amazon/Play perhaps?

Seems Play.com is selling DS games for 25 so maybe the PSP games will also sell for 25.

Edited by King Ellis

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$40 is around £28.

Are you sure? I thought the exchange rate had reached a point where 40 would be 20.

According to XE.com

£1=$1.88243

$40=£21.2530

Edited by King Ellis

Wahey, Pre-Ordered myself one last night for free down at Eclipse. They will call me when the price and release date is ready, I also seen one down their and it looked fucking amazing, Ridge Racers looked out of this world for a handheld.

GBA games tend to retail at £30, why shouldn't these?

Because that's a shitty price. £20 should be the maximum.

...and yeah $40 is jus over £20. Exchange rate these days means you can roughly just half any price in US dollars to find the UK price.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ringmaster

Didn't mean to bump this from oblivion, but I didn't wanna create a new thread. Does anyone know if the North American release date is the 24th or the 25th? And will there be shortages like with PS2?

to much

i bet we are talking about 200 to 250 euro here, at least (wen you import one via play-asia from japan you pay 242 euro for the ridge racer bundel)

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9e-70-ftp.html

but there is a different version that again is more expensife, dunno what it is, memstick, ore extra batter, whatever, to much monney for handheld gaming.

Exchange rate is shooting at around £1=$1.92 which is a great rate for buying anything online! (For Brits anyway!)

News on the movies.

They'll be on a new mini CD like the games, Sony are looking to incorporate players into DVD players in the next few months so you can buy films to watch on your big ol' widescreen and PSP alike.

I did see this posted but someone asked the price of UMD movies a while back so...

UMD movies priced, House of Flying Daggers added

$19.99-$28.95 price range established for UMD movies; Zhang Yimou's kung-fu adventure becomes the seventh film confirmed for the format.

Until today, if you didn't like animation, action, or horror, you had no options when it came to watching prerecorded movies on the PSP. So far, Sony had only confirmed that a quintet of titles would appear on its handheld gaming devices' proprietary Universal Media Disc (UMD), a 60mm optical disc capable of holding up to 1.8GB of data.

Now, the art-house crowd will have one of their own favorites in the slowly expanding UMD film library. Sony announced this afternoon that The House of Flying Daggers would be the sixth film officially released on the format. Directed by Oscar-nominated Chinese auteur Zhang Yimou (Hero, Raise the Red Lantern), it features Hong Kong film icon Andy Lau and Japanese leading man Takeshi Kaneshiro playing two medieval police deputies hot on the trail of a suspected revolutionary, played by Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon star Zhang Ziyi.

While Ziyi's legions of fans will be pleased to hear Daggers is coming to UMD, Sony revealed more news regarding the format--namely its price. While no price was given for Spider-Man 2, which will ship free with the first 1 million PSPs sold in the US, XXX, Hellboy, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, and Once Upon a Time in Mexico will all retail for just $19.99, roughly in line with their DVD editions. Given its upscale pedigree, The House of Flying Daggers will retail for around 30 percent more, for $28.95. All five UMD films will be available on April 19, just under a month after the PSP goes on sale on March 24.

No price was revealed for the seventh US-bound UMD announced thus far, the still-undated, computer-animated Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, based on Square-Enix's popular role-playing game. Also, the US UMD price is lower than the approximate 3,900 yen ($36) cost of Japanese UMD movies, which was announced by Sony Japan earlier in the day.

Edited by Corizzle

Shit...depending on how well Wrestlemania 21 for the XBox is, I may very well throw in the Cube and the XBox for the PSP and a ton of games/memory/movies.

You can bet your sweet mother's ass I'm playing one of these as soon as it's available.

Edit: Fuck it. I'm buying one. The ability to listen to mp3s, convert movies in order to watch them, store images, play kick-ass games (NFSU: Rivals, etc.) It's just too much to bare.

Second edit: Just bought Need for Speed Underground: Rivals when it came in the store. Christ, I'm wanting this system. Saturday (when we are able to pre-order the systems) can't come fast enough.

Edited by The

Well let us all know how truly great it is!

The mrs keeps raising an eyebrow whenever I say that I want to buy it.

THe problem is we're skint....

Still, I won't be pre-ordering it in the UK so I'll probably have to wait until about the third wave of imports before I can even think about getting my hands on one...But I will do cos I want to play a round of Tiger Woods Golf or a bit of GTA on the way to work in the morning.

Better than reading the local paper...